Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way (24271 Views)

Lagos Removes Oba Ogunji Statue, Dismantles Roundabout For Agege Flyover Bridge / Senate Removes NYSC From The Constitution, Others (Pics) / Man Swims On Lekki Road As Flood Takes Over Lagos Island (Watch Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by AjayiWrites: 11:56pm On Dec 27, 2016
The Lagos State Government on Tuesday completed the removal of the Jakande and Chisco roundabouts in Ikate Elegushi axis of the state as part of effort to reduce travel time on the Lekki – Epe expressway,

Mr Anofi Elegushi, Acting Commissioner for transportation who briefed the newsmen after the opening of the modified Jakande junction, said Governor Akinwunmi Ambode’s administration was determined more than ever to make this Yuletide period stress free as far as traffic was concerned.

Elegushi said the third, fourth and eighth roundabouts would also be reconstructed to ease traffic congestion in the area and would be fully completed by January.

”This administration is determined to reduce the stress experienced by motorists and residents on this road.

”The roundabouts were replaced with traffic lights, expansion of the roads and provision of dedicated turning lanes as well as additional lay-bys.

”This will surely decongest traffic in this area, even for commercial vehicles, the travel time will reduce and they will have enough turnaround by earning more, ” he said.

Also speaking, the contractor for the project Mr Biodun Otunola said apart from taking away the roundabouts to reduce travel time, pedestrians were also a major factor.

”Movement has been made easy for both motorists and the pedestrians, ” he said.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Lagos State Government on Aug.17 announced that three roundabouts along the Lekki-Epe Expressway would be removed,

The planned removal of the three roundabouts on the Lekki-Epe Expressway include the 4th Roundabout (Elegushi); 5th Roundabout (Jakande) and the 8th Roundabout (VGC)

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/12/lagos-removes-bottlenecks-on-lekki-way.html

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by sarrki(m): 11:57pm On Dec 27, 2016
Anise Eko Onibaje

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by AjayiWrites: 11:57pm On Dec 27, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by madridguy(m): 11:58pm On Dec 27, 2016
At last.
Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by wablex(m): 12:03am On Dec 28, 2016
We hav two states in Nigeria. Lagos and odas. Eko oni Baje Ooo

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by Kenzico(m): 12:22am On Dec 28, 2016
How does this concern me??

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by Addicted2Women: 7:31am On Dec 28, 2016

Finally

They don't clear accident scene very well, i remember when the truck carrying fanta and coca cola overturned, they left the bottleneck everywhere and it punctured my tyre

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by klassykute(m): 7:31am On Dec 28, 2016
dem burst bottle shuk d head for ground b4? i no understand
Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by shrewd1(m): 7:32am On Dec 28, 2016
Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by Goldenheart(m): 7:32am On Dec 28, 2016
cool
Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by Scatterscatter(m): 7:33am On Dec 28, 2016
Itesiwaju eko lo je wa logun

Big ups to this initiative.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by Trapnews: 7:33am On Dec 28, 2016
undecided
Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by domido(m): 7:34am On Dec 28, 2016
Lagos have no business producing bad governor

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by SpecialStar(m): 7:34am On Dec 28, 2016
Baba be careful of what you say o, cuz of the Avengers
wablex:
We hav two states in Nigeria. Lagos and odas. Eko oni Baje Ooo

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by realGURU(m): 7:34am On Dec 28, 2016
gud
Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by eolafao: 7:34am On Dec 28, 2016
All is well.. .

If uve not being to Lagos. ... Ure local
Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by jahbiz: 7:35am On Dec 28, 2016
Always lasgidi

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by djbobby007: 7:35am On Dec 28, 2016
itesiwaju eko

1 Like

Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by Ayloaded04: 7:36am On Dec 28, 2016
Finally! I've always wondered why those roundabouts had to take so much space

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by Addicted2Women: 7:37am On Dec 28, 2016
eolafao:
All is well.. .

If uve not being to Lagos. ... Ure local

Typical example of an Afonja

Lagos is a local village

Have you been to an international airport or flew in an airplane to travel out of Nigeria ??

Lagos this, Lagos that

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by Opiletool(m): 7:37am On Dec 28, 2016
There should be an organised lecture every year, the best performing governor would be the guest lecturer, and the other governors would be the audience. So they can learn one or two things from him.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by Scatterscatter(m): 7:39am On Dec 28, 2016
For our brothers that will come and wail,
Please if you don't know anything about the road and Lagos in general, just keep kwayet or go and pound akpu

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by MistadeRegal(m): 7:40am On Dec 28, 2016
Ayloaded04:
Finally! I've always wondered why those roundabouts had to take so much space

So I'm not the only one thinking this!
Or is this guy a psychic?
Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by hazyfm1: 7:42am On Dec 28, 2016
Noticed it this morning

Nice one
Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by Scatterscatter(m): 7:42am On Dec 28, 2016
Addicted2Women:

Typical example of an Afonja

Lagos is a local village

Have you been to an international airport or flew in an airplane to travel out of Nigeria ??

Lagos this, Lagos that

Sorry ooo, Mr Ajala

We like our local village like that grin

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by passyhansome(m): 7:43am On Dec 28, 2016
LAGOS IS OVERATED

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by Sayelabola(m): 7:43am On Dec 28, 2016
Kenzico:
How does this concern me??

Thou shall not tempt your pastor too nau. grin
Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by Addicted2Women: 7:44am On Dec 28, 2016
Scatterscatter:

Sorry ooo, Mr Ajala
Is it bad to cherish one's heritage

No

But don't be stupid doing it

If you haven't been to lagos, you're local ?? What drugs are you on ?? Stupidity pills ??

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 28, 2016
passyhansome:
LAGOS IS OVERATED

What state are you from?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way by diportivo: 7:44am On Dec 28, 2016
Na so so lekki,Ikeja and d likes

Market don take over the major road for ikorodu.... Causing unnecessary traffic cos the eediots display their wares on the road and sidewalks. inadvertently drive the pedestrians to the middle of the road and den motorists won't be able to move fast

Una nor go see dat one oh......una eye nor go work

Road patching nko

I go pass Ikeja today see pothole......in 2 days tym if I pass,d pothole go don disappear

The crater wey dey towards my hood for ikorodu for the past 3 years still dey dia

I dey vex oh

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Already Flooded Lekki Toll Gate Against Protest Over Increase Of Toll Fee / Pictures Of Crowd At Olawepo Hashim's Presidential Rally In Abuja / Omokri's Claims About Buhari’s Absence In 2019 G-7 Summit Misleading - Guardian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.