Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain (25699 Views)

Expect Improved Power Supply In 2017 – Fashola / ‘ Why There Is Improved Power Supply’ - Acting MD YEDC / Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by Sultanchidi(m): 11:25am On Sep 06, 2015
kennyddonn:
I don't even know what to write....
and u ar still writing

1 Like

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by Nicepoker(m): 11:28am On Sep 06, 2015
missKiffy:
It is well, let's enjoy it while it last, good to hear an employee of PHCN mentioning the Buhari factor unlike wailers that are saying it's GEJ's achievement
did u receive ur own info from the dullard's mouth that he is responsible for the power development. Or u heard it from one slave staff of phch who is afraid of loosing his job if he utter that statement he made otherwise?
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by kennyddonn(m): 11:42am On Sep 06, 2015
Sultanchidi:
and u ar still writing
lol, I didn't write nah I just said I don't know what to write
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by dabossman(m): 11:49am On Sep 06, 2015
samx4real:

Everything u can think off, starting from from his appointments u shamefully said I shouldn't include to d naira that he said he will equal to d dollar... Not to mention d power supply that is trending right now...

To mention but a few!

No forget them bros oh! Boko haram! Haha add yours!

Hhm, I thought as much. You have not mentioned one thing that has gotten worse. Only things you expect to get better. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by shurlermoz(m): 11:51am On Sep 06, 2015
warrior01:
The truth gradually coming out. When they finish deceiving themselves about the uselessness of this current government, then, we can now reason on how to move this nation forward. So far the country has been on stand-still with the emergence of Buhari who is busy with stifling any form of opposition in the guise of fighting corruption

But it was moving forward when GEJ was in power abi?!

The hate in you is clouding your judgement.

1 Like

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by shurlermoz(m): 11:53am On Sep 06, 2015
samx4real:

Bros the nation is getting worst!

Some people are just shouting progress on paper... While in really life there ain't anything like that.

I don't know where you live but in my area there has been a great improvement in power supply and to me that is progress.

2 Likes

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by KingRaoul: 11:54am On Sep 06, 2015
okosodo:
everybody is saying power supply has improved, but in benin its worse than it used to be

Benin republic? Gra has had light for the last 8 days not once have nepa taken light!! Maybe u live in the outskirt of benin city

1 Like

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by nobeku: 11:59am On Sep 06, 2015
CSTR2:
Mr body language. President of fools.
Shock me!!!..Say something intelligent..
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by stevecantrell: 12:14pm On Sep 06, 2015
dayohope1:
They are liars. They use this water level argument to keep us in perpetual darkness. By so saying, they are saying Mikano and co will forever have business in Nigeria.

Don't mind them. Their employment shouldn't be sustainable either.
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by agabaI23(m): 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
dulaman:
Guys above.
Don't you see the part he say the fear of buhari has made those in charge to sit up. No more gas vandalisation,no gas diverting, no more fake pipe repair contract every quarter.
Ajaero can say anything against the government that privatised power sector against his wish. Ajaero was the main guy behind the resistance. The power situation became worse 6 weeks running up to march 28 election and the rate of vandalism and outages trippled. You want to tell me that someone who awards contracts would want to sabotage the relection of a government that gave him the position to award contracts? I don't want to believe that some people reason with their anus.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 06, 2015
I dnt just understand dis country anymore
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 06, 2015
Here in udu and Delta steel company area in Delta state, we haven't seen light for the past two weeks for more than 2days and only for maximum of four hours. This BEDC is really a curse and pain to the people than blessing since the privatisation program began. PMB should please come to our aid before we all do something terrible that someone will regret thereafter.
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by basilo101: 12:50pm On Sep 06, 2015
obo389:
nonsense credible source.
when last did Nigeria used her dams for power generation? it only uses those dams as supplements IF there is shortage or insufficient gas supply into our power plants which they are all currently been powered by LNG(currently like 8 power plants).
exceptional cases may arise due to maybe sabotage like pipeline vandalism or equipment failure on the part of the GENCOS or Companies supplying LNG.
What? there are at least three hydro power plants in Niger state alone sending the power generate to national station (dont kw the real name) at Osogbo for distribution. The worst part is that power generation always peaked at this tym of the year under GEJ and u hypocrites have always attributed it to the volume of water in the dams.
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by basilo101: 12:55pm On Sep 06, 2015
okosodo:
everybody is saying power supply has improved, but in benin its worse than it used to be
Benin distribution company is doing a bad job. i was in Akure, one of their catchment areas and power situation was so bad
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by kay29000(m): 1:01pm On Sep 06, 2015
jaybee3:
Who da fvck is the doofus that gave this interview for crying out loud?

How on earth does he plan or propose we do this:

"Again, today all power being generated is being pumped into the system, there is no reserve in case of any break down, and there is no reserve in case of maintenance and so on. We ought to have reserve for emergencies. Sadly, we do not have that at the moment.”

If it's impossible to store generated non renewable electrical energy?

I wonder o! I have a feeling this story was cooked up.
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by kay29000(m): 1:10pm On Sep 06, 2015
GogetterMD:
Who's the uneducated technician that spewed this garbage? Water level reduced? How many of the power generating plants in the country is hyhydroelectric? The majority are gas turbines. You are here talking about rainy season and reduced water level
And how da Bleep do you intend power be stored to be used another day? This guy must be working for Water Corporation and not PHCN.
Retard!

LMAO!!! I wondered the same thing. Even when I was in secondary school, I knew that wasn't possible.

1 Like

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by Kingspin(m): 1:15pm On Sep 06, 2015
dulaman:
Guys above.
Don't you see the part he say the fear of buhari has made those in charge to sit up. No more gas vandalisation,no gas diverting, no more fake pipe repair contract every quarter.
The fear of Buhari also should have stop provety/boko haram in Nigeria. Nigeria is not getting it at all.
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by Souljaboi1: 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2015
jaybee3:
Who da fvck is the doofus that gave this interview for crying out loud?

How on earth does he plan or propose we do this:

"Again, today all power being generated is being pumped into the system, there is no reserve in case of any break down, and there is no reserve in case of maintenance and so on. We ought to have reserve for emergencies. Sadly, we do not have that at the moment.”

If it's impossible to store generated non renewable electrical energy?

God bless you sir.

That's the question I wanted to ask. Like who's the dummy giving this interview !

1 Like

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by Souljaboi1: 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
kay29000:

I wonder o! I have a feeling this story was cooked up.

Exactly my thoughts.
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 1:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
Mastubators do not want to hear this, as long as der is vasline they would belive anything.
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by callmelanner(m): 1:33pm On Sep 06, 2015
Those complaining about the nation's power supply should have this in mind...
Why is it that it is only the wailing wailers (backward thinking people) that are complaining that they don't have light when the forward thinking ones have light!!!
Change ur perception about this nation and light will come ur way...

Some people are making it seems as if this is the first time it will rain in Nigeria! Do we live in the deserts before?
I just hope say this light matter no be just flashing...

1 Like

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by omolami: 1:40pm On Sep 06, 2015
I disagree with the last statement Power increase now is due to past implants by GEj. Even fools know that.
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by messiah(m): 1:50pm On Sep 06, 2015
The rainy season isn't wholly responsible for the dramatic improvement. Were there not rainy seasons in the previous government?
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by neocortex: 2:12pm On Sep 06, 2015
okosodo:

Thank you, those selfish sychophant in some selected cities wants the whole world to believe that
the whole of Nigeria now enjoys uninterrupted power supply courtesy of Buhari's body language.
I personally experienced how bad the light situation is in BDPA.
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by princejenks(m): 2:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
The summary of this piece is that the buhari effect would not last for long if the underlying issues bedeviling the power sector is not addressed quickly. I see nigerians having to pay more for power if this seeming constant supply is to be maintained and those sabotaging the gas supply have to be brought to book too
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by Walexsammy(m): 2:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
So for the past 6yrs, it has not been raining abi?

1 Like

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by Pangea: 2:22pm On Sep 06, 2015
If I'm PMB
That man that made that statement would be sacked asap!
If they have half a brain, they should know that to every problem there is solution!
Why are they not looking for solution now?
Mediocre people!
Enemies of progress!
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
Power supply has improved in my area BUT they are giving me crazy bills, my August bill was N15,000+
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by akwadeltan: 2:38pm On Sep 06, 2015
CSTR2:
hate to say this but...... i think that includes you.
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by akwadeltan: 2:39pm On Sep 06, 2015
CSTR2:
hate to say this but...... i think that includes you.
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by iammrjohnson(m): 3:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
sometimes i wish for another military era but everything has been compromised, one doesnt know what possibility might hold..safe to say we're for a long show of shame featuring the leaders and we the citizens.

philips70:

Really really a sad situation we have here. Don't be surprised even some so called professors with strong ethnic bias are also involved in these jaundiced analysis. When you read through some comments on Facebook about Nigeria politics you will be so ashamed of your own people.
The politicians who should do something about education to lift up this level of ignorance are so cool with the situation because they have the people exactly where they want them to remain.
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by tete7000(m): 3:35pm On Sep 06, 2015
fromnigeria:
Like china phone.

Btw: the part of edo i reside seem not to be part of Nigeria. Sometimes i forget say i still de Nigeria.
#TheIsAlwaysLight.

Oshiomole, the governor of Edo State is the leading supporter of the body language, he may have the best answer to Edo power problem. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria In Recession Because Of Hurried Implementation Of TSA – Ben Murray Bruce / Buhari Won’t Respect His 'Noise Makers' Cabinet - PDP / Godswill Akpabio Attends IniAbasi Emem Akpabio's Graduation Ceremony In The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.