Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain (25698 Views)

Expect Improved Power Supply In 2017 – Fashola / ‘ Why There Is Improved Power Supply’ - Acting MD YEDC / Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by cold(m): 9:19am On Sep 06, 2015
Alternative sources of generating power is the way to go
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by Damee4dee: 9:20am On Sep 06, 2015
You mUst be joking. You better start Fetching water from the well as reserve Cos if I sleep any day" without light.........Consider YourSelf Sacked

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by metorichmond(m): 9:20am On Sep 06, 2015
Na so so stories for this country, ama arra here. 4 real
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by drtwist(m): 9:21am On Sep 06, 2015
f
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by naijamakossa(m): 9:21am On Sep 06, 2015
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by tucky200(m): 9:22am On Sep 06, 2015
oba2flex:
Hmmmnnn....so the improvement is not all because of BUHARI
read the post. Na
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by PassingShot(m): 9:23am On Sep 06, 2015
warrior01:
The truth gradually coming out. When they finish deceiving themselves about the uselessness of this current government, then, we can now reason on how to move this nation forward. So far the country has been on stand-still with the emergence of Buhari who is busy with stifling any form of opposition in the guise of fighting corruption
Go back and read the post and save yourself the embarrassment.

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by moscobabs(m): 9:23am On Sep 06, 2015
haibe:
wow... when I thought I was enjoying here in ikorordu oo
bro. when I parked to this my site last 3 month people called me that wetin I want go do inside bush? now I'm enjoying pass my fellow old tenants in ikeja now

thank God for givin us PMB

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by jaybee3(m): 9:23am On Sep 06, 2015
Who da fvck is the doofus that gave this interview for crying out loud?

How on earth does he plan or propose we do this:

"Again, today all power being generated is being pumped into the system, there is no reserve in case of any break down, and there is no reserve in case of maintenance and so on. We ought to have reserve for emergencies. Sadly, we do not have that at the moment.”

If it's impossible to store generated non renewable electrical energy?

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by gurunlocker: 9:25am On Sep 06, 2015
Lol... and APC was staying the increase in generation was buhari body language and not raining season......

I hope this party will be truthful someday
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by arewafederation: 9:26am On Sep 06, 2015
Some "Enemies of Nigeria" will be more than happy to hear this news. Any news of failure is good news to them.

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by MrCounselor: 9:26am On Sep 06, 2015
seen
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by emoo4: 9:27am On Sep 06, 2015
wonder if its the same 9ja. in waffi.... serious rationing of power. it was far better than this in the previous admin. we pay our bills, but no power. na wa.
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by mashnino(m): 9:28am On Sep 06, 2015
warrior01:
The truth gradually coming out. When they finish deceiving themselves about the uselessness of this current government, then, we can now reason on how to move this nation forward. So far the country has been on stand-still with the emergence of Buhari who is busy with stifling any form of opposition in the guise of fighting corruption

Kill yourself

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by fafambo: 9:29am On Sep 06, 2015
okosodo:
everybody is saying power supply has improved, but in benin its worse than it used to be
oga it depends on where I stay in Benin,cos me i stay in Benin too,sapele road precisely we dey get light as at when due,I.e the normal sharing method of every three hours.so watch ur tongue or are u among the wailers?

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by OgeniBravo: 9:31am On Sep 06, 2015
No power of negative thought like this will make me not to have a nice time. Happy birthday to me!

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by Bevista: 9:31am On Sep 06, 2015
MadCow1:
That must mean that all the Energy we are using now is coming from;

1. Kainji
2. Shiroro
3. And Jebba Dams.

I don't believe it.

Buhari should take whoever said this Shiit' name down for the next round of sacking. angry
Only 20% of our electricity generation is from Hydro, while the rest is from thermal plants (fired by gas). So yes, there may be a slight drop in power once the rains stop. However, because the dams contribute only 20% of total power generation, even a 50% drop in the dam level will only result in a 10% drop in total power generation.

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by GogetterMD(m): 9:31am On Sep 06, 2015
Who's the uneducated technician that spewed this garbage? Water level reduced? How many of the power generating plants in the country is hyhydroelectric? The majority are gas turbines. You are here talking about rainy season and reduced water level
And how da Bleep do you intend power be stored to be used another day? This guy must be working for Water Corporation and not PHCN.
Retard!

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by oba2flex(m): 9:32am On Sep 06, 2015
arewafederation:
Some "Enemies of Nigeria" will be more than happy to hear this news. Any news of failure is good news to them.

Exactly! And they forget that whatever happens to Nigeria affects them directly.

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by fejikudz(m): 9:33am On Sep 06, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy APC AND LIES Shaa cheesy
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by hisgrace090: 9:36am On Sep 06, 2015
Joe ajaero of blackout Nigeria plc again, can't this man live Nigeria light for once.
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by samx4real(m): 9:36am On Sep 06, 2015
okosodo:
everybody is saying power supply has improved, but in benin its worse than it used to be

As in eh?

There is no difference between now and Oga Jonah era... I still get my 3hrs ON and 3hrs OFF.

Is even worst now, because they now take from my 3hrs!

I think I should put it as 1hr:30mins ON & 4hr:30min OFF!

This country don spoil in terms of power oh!

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:39am On Sep 06, 2015
okosodo:
wch benin coz in auchi we njoy light of not less than 15hrs a day. so what re u sayin ?

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by hinwazaka: 9:39am On Sep 06, 2015
This should be the first true challenge for the photo ops APC government. If they are unable to continue the most important of GEJ's policies, then how can they be trusted with making their own policies.
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by LightofEarendil: 9:39am On Sep 06, 2015
Sad that no matter what, some do not just want to see the nation progress under this administration ignoring the fact that we all get to benefit from it.

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by samx4real(m): 9:39am On Sep 06, 2015
fafambo:
oga it depends on where I stay in Benin,cos me i stay in Benin too,sapele road precisely we dey get light as at when due,I.e the normal sharing method of every three hours.so watch ur tongue or are u among the wailers?

Bros d 3hrs ON and 3hrs OFF don spoil.

I dey country home & them they take from our 3hrs! Power don worst... Night even worst pass! Sometimes 6hrs straight!
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by arewafederation: 9:46am On Sep 06, 2015
Bevista:
Only 20% of our electricity generation is from Hydro, while the rest is from thermal plants (fired by gas). So yes, there may be a slight drop in power once the rains stop. However, because the dams contribute only 20% of total power generation, even a 50% drop in the dam level will only result in a 10% drop in total power generation.

Exactly. So I wonder why many are attributing the increase in power to rainfall as if this is the first time we are experiencing rainfall. The op hasn't given convincing reason why we should experience a drop in power supply.

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by samx4real(m): 9:46am On Sep 06, 2015
As far as am consign!

Power did not improve!

What has improve is the pattern!

I now know that I will get light in 3hrs time and wen the light comes it can go at any time, And if it they didn't take it? expect them to take d light exactly in 3hrs without mistake (distribution companies very strict to that)!

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by ceejay4real(m): 9:47am On Sep 06, 2015
samx4real:

As in eh?

There is no difference between now and Oga Jonah era... I still get my 3hrs ON and 3hrs OFF.

Is even worst now, because they now take from my 3hrs!

I think I should put it as 1hr:30mins ON & 4hr:30min OFF!

This country don spoil in terms of power oh!

U ar a born LIAR!

Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by CallPolice: 9:48am On Sep 06, 2015
All we need is transformers.

This privatization is nothing but a scam. How can a company claim to be distributing electricity and cannot provide transformers.
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by Niceiroko: 9:58am On Sep 06, 2015
oba2flex:

https://www.naij.com/541985-improved-power-supply-not-sustainable-electricity-employees-explain.html
so no body should say it was because of Buhari that is why power has improved its the time of the year and the one GEJ improved before he left, na only probe i no say der don improve the talk nt d physical work, shut up u boko brothers
Re: Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain by otukpo(f): 9:59am On Sep 06, 2015
They are already preparing our minds for tge dark days that are imminent after the raining season.

No amount of propaganda will make what is not to be.

Tariff Reversal: Nationwide Blackout Looms, Power Firms Warn / Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ / Nigeria In Recession Because Of Hurried Implementation Of TSA – Ben Murray Bruce

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)