Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' (14853 Views)

Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison / Sagay: Corrupt Nigerians Pretend To Be Sick During Trial, Playing The Sick Game / Pastor Ize-Iyamu Embraces Oshiomhole, Have They Reconciled? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by itsdumebi(m): 6:03pm On Jan 31, 2017
Case takes a funny twist

A mild drama and rowdiness temporarily occurred during proceedings at the Edo State Election Petition Tribunal siting in Benin City on Tuesday when one of the petitioner’s witnesses (PW 14), Mr. Yusuf Seidu Abu mounted the dock only to claim that he was not just a witness but at the same time, a petitioner against the Edo 2016 governorship election.

Recall that the petitioners in this case are the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) and her candidate, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu.

Prior to the mild drama and mirth occasioned in the courtroom by Mr. Abu, who was facing cross-examination, he said, “I voted in unit 001, ward 8 and I functioned as the ward collation agent for the PDP. We had 9 polling units”.

However, on being asked that, ‘When the petitioner in his petition stated that you had 10 polling units, did you object?’ he thundered saying, “I am the petitioner”. This reply evoked laughter and served as a timely dose of comic relief in an otherwise serious court case.

The witness, who had earlier stated during cross-examination that although multiple voting in some units was his grievance, he also wanted to add over-voting and non-accreditation to his complaints.

He however buckled when asked if he was in all the units to have noticed multiple voting.

“I was not in unit 9 to have noticed multiple voting. I was in unit 001. In unit 08, I was not there to have noticed multiple voting because I registered and voted in unit 001”, he answered.

Continuing in a booming voice, he said, “I was the ward 8 collation agent, but I did not sign the result sheet and nobody signed for my party. I signed the unit result as the polling agent”.

According to him, he claimed he signed the result sheet because there was nothing he could do even though I was not the polling agent.

Further attracting laughter, PW 14 who on one hand noted, “Accreditation and voting did not take place simultaneously” however agreed to have voted without accreditation saying nothing was wrong with his action.

http://politicsngr.com/comedy-error-pdp-ize-iyamus-witness-declares-tribunal-petitioner/

1 Like

Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by 40kobo77: 6:04pm On Jan 31, 2017
Okay
Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by Alasi20(m): 6:07pm On Jan 31, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by odogwubiafra: 6:09pm On Jan 31, 2017
Witnesses still loading...
Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by Babacele: 7:03pm On Jan 31, 2017
The Witnesses. Let the 419 pastor give lawyers part of the stolen money. naa our money.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by iambabaG: 8:02pm On Jan 31, 2017
Very poor rehearsal in that case.. may God continue to expose all these wicked, heartless and self serving politifcians

5 Likes

Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:02pm On Jan 31, 2017
Hmmmmmmmm I don't know what to make out of this one.
I give up
Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by yomibelle(f): 8:02pm On Jan 31, 2017
he wont be collecting his balance

15 Likes

Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by amdoyin82(m): 8:03pm On Jan 31, 2017
Yeye people.

1 Like

Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by Henrypraise: 8:03pm On Jan 31, 2017
Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by sigiyaya(m): 8:04pm On Jan 31, 2017
Useless APC we are waiting for you people in the southeast cool cool cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by muykem: 8:04pm On Jan 31, 2017
He actually represent a dead party so what do you expect?
Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by igbsam(m): 8:05pm On Jan 31, 2017
The witness probably forgot they are no longer practicing what he should say. he forgot that he is facing the real deal. This is a result of cramming gone wrong! grin

2 Likes

Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by ellechrystal(f): 8:05pm On Jan 31, 2017
Nigeria and election drama, struggling d position as if they will deliver.
Are they struggling for money or true leadership? Smh.

1 Like

Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by deebrain(m): 8:05pm On Jan 31, 2017
As the super eagles fumbles with their passes.

As Buhari fumbles with the economy.

As Femi Adesina fumbles with his dignity.

Too bad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by maryjan8(f): 8:06pm On Jan 31, 2017
Ok, following

1 Like

Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by EmperorTech: 8:06pm On Jan 31, 2017
I warned ize-iyamu but he didn't listened, now the final outcome is unfolding.
Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by manchester1: 8:07pm On Jan 31, 2017
stage fright that is wat we call it
Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by evansjeff(m): 8:07pm On Jan 31, 2017
Let them keep fooling themselves instead of hiding in shame
Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by manchester1: 8:07pm On Jan 31, 2017
stage fright that is wat we call it.
Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by martineverest(m): 8:08pm On Jan 31, 2017
when u carry uselu agbero to bear u witness

3 Likes

Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by SooCute(m): 8:08pm On Jan 31, 2017
Nigerians and everyday drama.......and so?
Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by ileogbenfidel(m): 8:09pm On Jan 31, 2017
Them just dey waist their time, that dan orbih and izeh iyamu make them go chill and enjoy the funds wey remain from donations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by EmperorTech: 8:09pm On Jan 31, 2017
ellechrystal:
Nigeria and election drama, struggling d position as if they will deliver.
Are the struggling for money or true leadership? Smh.

Are THEY and not THE!

Some struggles to get the post just for delivering, the current Governor is already showing it.
Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by nattyGENT: 8:11pm On Jan 31, 2017
Person still no dey get shame to defend APC? Mumu @ its peak

1 Like

Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by lucidlex: 8:12pm On Jan 31, 2017
Keeper fumbled (reminds me of wen we used 2 play SEGA). Btw, this shows d incompetence of Iyamu's lawyers. They should hv tutored such a volatile witness on d proper way to lie under oath; afterall na lie both parties wan cm tell

3 Likes

Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by ellechrystal(f): 8:13pm On Jan 31, 2017
EmperorTech:

Are THEY and not THE!

Some struggles to get the post just for delivering, the current Governor is already showing it.

Struggle not struggles.
That's nice .

3 Likes

Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by Lanretoye(m): 8:13pm On Jan 31, 2017
Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by CXLVII: 8:13pm On Jan 31, 2017
Eze Iyamu should go and Win souls for Christ!

The end-time is near and a lot of souls re still astray who need the word of God. Why is he so bent on becoming the Governor.

He should seek first the Kingdom of God and the state house might be added unto him

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' by EmperorTech: 8:15pm On Jan 31, 2017
ellechrystal:

Struggle not struggles. That's nice .
lol, thanks for the correction.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari: All LGs Once Controlled By Boko Haram Have Been Recovered / Orji Uzor Kalu Arise TV Interview Full Video: What Do You Think? / Troops Neutralize Some Terrorists In Yobe State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.