Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,463 members, 7,954,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:00 AM

Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions (1072 Views)

PDP Reps Give Buhari Quit Notice / Governor Okezie Ikpeazu Resumes Work After Distractions / President Buhari’s Corruption War; The Distractions, The Hullabaloos And The Exp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions by Afam4eva(m): 5:18pm On Sep 06, 2015
I created a topic in February 2011 here https://www.nairaland.com/599130/lets-give-gej-chance appealing to Nairalanders to give Jonathan a chance. I stated my reasons and it had nothing to do with Jonathan being a proven performer. I thought that since he was not part of the typical cabal, that he would bring something different to the table. Even though his ideas were not typical, he did not have the will to see them true, so in essence i will say that his government was a monumental failure and this is coming from someone who tries as much as possible to see things from an objective standpoint.

it is funny that days or weeks after i created that particular thread, i started campaigning against Jonathan though not ferociously. Needless to say, i ended up voting for Buhari in 2011 when a lot of people that are now Shouting Sai Buhari up and down were still writing WAEC (no offence). I went with Buhari owing to the "Man of Integrity" caption being sold to Nigerians at the time and only few southerners bought into it.

Now, leading to the 2015 election, i had made up my mind that Jonathan was not n option for reasons earlier stated but i was no longer comfortable with Buhari because of the people he was now doing business with and i became a neutral observer but preferred a Buhari to win as opposed to a Jonathan.

Post election Nigerian political space has been been filled with a lot of drama as it seems Buhari is not your typical political that gives in to public demands that are filled with tribal and religious considerations. Some say he is an unrepentant religious and tribal bigot and has in no small measure given them a room to believe this thought process. On the other hand, his supporters have been on the defensive about his regional leanings. As an Igbo man who is known as a fighter for the Igbo course, i have also registered my displeasure https://www.nairaland.com/2557783/people-right-buhari about the total neglect of South-Easterners in the appointments made so far.

however, after going through some arguments in support of Buhari, i have decided that what is more important is for Buhari to fix Nigeria and specifically cite projects in the South East and not necessarily where his personell comes from. So, i implore everyone to sheath their sword and support this man. One year down the line, i'll open my arsenal ready for attack depending on how he performs.

God Bless Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions by DickDastardly(m): 5:25pm On Sep 06, 2015
Wailing in wellington
Re: Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions by Mynd44: 5:35pm On Sep 06, 2015
Afam, please stop clowning cheesy
Re: Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions by yanabasee(m): 5:37pm On Sep 06, 2015
Did Buhari and APC give GEJ a chance? When they where busy dropping propaganda using twitter, facebook, sharareporters, punch, vanguard, NTA, Nairaland, etc, Didn't it occur to them that it'll backfire on him when he gave the masses hopes of redeeming them from the clueless GEJ.
He should do what he promised the people. He claimed to bring the chibok girls two months in the office, if voted for. And I'm still waiting for him to talk about the chibok girls. Seriously waiting to hear about the chibok girls again!
Re: Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 06, 2015
I am sure it is beginning to dawn on us that we voted in a very poor candidate.
I must admitt it for the sake of truth, we caused it all. If my people listened to the advise of our elders in afenifere, we wouldnt have been where we are. To be frank, most of us voted GMB to spite the ibos b'cos we think the last administration favoured them in terms of appointment, But we also forgot that when the time comes, GMB will call all those GEj appointed 'southerners' instead of 'easterners' in order leave us SW out of the equation and appoint northerners. We have lost out again even though we refuse to admit it.

The truth is nigeria is no longer working and the bitter thing is that we are not fighting for seperation like the ibos. Instead we are sabotaging their efforts. why?

Haba! Dem take ibo swear for us?

Each time u bring up the issue of seperation my pple will become silent. why?

Is there something we yorubas gain from Nigeria that we cant get if we stay on our own?

Why do we behave like cursed pple who have no destiny?

Why are we making ourselves look cheap in the eyes of other ethnic groups, defending nigeria even when the hausas know that nigeria is a fraud?

Are we really cowards and slaves as the ibos call us?

Sometimes when i remember am yoruba i feel like committing suicide.

Pls let us change and embrace the truth like sophisticated pple that we are otherwise tinubu will commit suicide like awolowo with rat poison. B'cos fulani will never change o
Re: Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions by yanabasee(m): 5:39pm On Sep 06, 2015
DickDastardly:
Wailing in wellington
You're dickdastardly stupid as ur moniker insinuated!... Mumu on the making! grin
Re: Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions by FreeGlobe(f): 5:39pm On Sep 06, 2015
Buhari has committed impeachable offenses in just 100 days. I will never give a dictator and an ethnic supremacist a chance
Re: Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions by GabrielSuswam(m): 5:40pm On Sep 06, 2015
Well Said

1 Like

Re: Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 06, 2015
When he initiated boko harm. He didn't give Jonathan a chance...

No chance for babagoslow's administration.. Haters can die. It is allowed angry
Re: Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions by 1miccza: 5:55pm On Sep 06, 2015
Did someone say something??

1 Like

Re: Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:57pm On Sep 06, 2015
Interesting!
Re: Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 06, 2015
Mynd44:
Afam, please stop clowning cheesy
grin
Re: Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions by egift(m): 6:12pm On Sep 06, 2015
OP and other #WailingClowns please don't stop wailing. If you stop, what else can you do with your sycophantic dispositions?

President Buhari is fixing the mess PDP left behind. PDP and their clowns are making noise daily.

The best of Nigeria is ahead. It is Sai Buhari all the way!

1 Like

Re: Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions by eph12(m): 6:13pm On Sep 06, 2015
Buhari does not need anybody's permission to deliver on his campaign promises though they have been denied. People can complain and make comments but doesn't stop him from doing his thing. In a year time the wailing may get louder and very uncomfortable for him and his fans or the wailing may turn to puppy like whining. The ball is in his court.
Re: Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions by jmoore(m): 6:20pm On Sep 06, 2015
Who dey hold am?
Re: Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions by vicadex07(m): 6:35pm On Sep 06, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Buhari has committed impeachable offenses in just 100 days. I will never give a dictator and an ethnic supremacist a chance

Lol...e no go better for you if you no impeach am grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:43pm On Sep 06, 2015
Damilola40:
I [s]am sure it is beginning to dawn on us that we voted in a very poor candidate.
I must admitt it for the sake of truth, we caused it all. If my people listened to the advise of our elders in afenifere, we wouldnt have been where we are. To be frank, most of us voted GMB to spite the ibos b'cos we think the last administration favoured them in terms of appointment, But we also forgot that when the time comes, GMB will call all those GEj appointed 'southerners' instead of 'easterners' in order leave us SW out of the equation and appoint northerners. We have lost out again even though we refuse to admit it.

The truth is nigeria is no longer working and the bitter thing is that we are not fighting for seperation like the ibos. Instead we are sabotaging their efforts. why?

Is there something we yorubas gain from Nigeria that we cant get if we stay on our own?

Why are we making ourselves look cheap in the eyes of other ethnic groups, defending nigeria even when the hausas know that nigeria is a fraud?

Pls let us change and embrace the truth like sophisticated pple that we are otherwise tinubu will commit suicide like awolowo with rat poison. B'cos fulani will never change o[/s]

Another Biafraudster Posing as a Yoruba person!
Re: Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:48pm On Sep 06, 2015
Afam go and sit down! You sat and got admission with the introduction of NECO, yet you are dragging Seniority on a faceless forum!

Jee noro ala nwokem!!

1 Like

Re: Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions by owobokiri(m): 7:05pm On Sep 06, 2015
He is not biulding anything in the south east", so it makes no sense to give him any space. . Your argeument is peurile and is designed simply for the sake of being politically correct. . Why should the east wait?? Haven't we waited enough?? For 50 years! Are we existing forbthe hausa-fulani/yoruba? I want freedom! I want to be incharge of my destiny. . If you have the whole time in the world to surrender yourself to one buhari as some kind of political guinea pig for his endless diabolical political experimentation, goodluck. . Power gives nothing without a struggle. We need some kind of "intafidah" in igboland. . This is no time for prevarications. . This is the time for confrontation. . Igbos must either be treated with respect and honour or the country should be made ungovernable. . Same way buhari and his hireligs turned Nigeria into a nightmare for jonathan. .

1 Like

Re: Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions by PedroJP(m): 7:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
Chance ke ? As long as God lives, Buhari will pay for all his evils right from his first regime through 2003 2007 2011 and now. God punish him for all he killed for his evil islamic agenda
Re: Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions by FTBOY: 7:38am On Sep 11, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Another Biafraudster Posing as a Yoruba person!
charcoal calling pot black. U dey claim Igbo but u be yoloba
Re: Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions by anachy: 7:52am On Sep 11, 2015
Damilola40:
I am sure it is beginning to dawn on us that we voted in a very poor candidate.

Pls let us change and embrace the truth like sophisticated pple that we are otherwise tinubu will commit suicide like awolowo with rat poison. B'cos fulani will never change o
you can decieves them but not anna..hahahaha. Biafruadlst.ya too obvious.cheesy
Re: Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions by obailala(m): 8:24am On Sep 11, 2015
yanabasee:
Did Buhari and APC give GEJ a chance? When they where busy dropping propaganda using twitter, facebook, sharareporters, punch, vanguard, NTA, Nairaland, etc, Didn't it occur to them that it'll backfire on him when he gave the masses hopes of redeeming them from the clueless GEJ.
He should do what he promised the people. He claimed to bring the chibok girls two months in the office, if voted for. And I'm still waiting for him to talk about the chibok girls. Seriously waiting to hear about the chibok girls again!
Bro, stop lying to yourself; it's a terrible form of self hurt.

Jonathan was believed and trusted by a large population of Nigerians to be a messiah. Apart from the population of northerners who voted buhari, most of the people who voted buhari from the southern axis in 2015 were actually very vocal supporters of GEJ in 2010 and 2011 and beyond. It was after a loong series of flops that GEJ started to lose supporters and that was probably after at least 2-3 years of his maladministration.

Only a silly person would judge an administration from its first week in office, it only makes you sound like a bitter, frustrated and prejudiced soul whose opinions should not be taken seriously.

As for the topic, Buhari may not be a messiah, but nothing on earth could be worse than GEJ's incompetence. I will never stop thanking God for removing GEJ and saving our nation from destruction. Buhari's only crime presently is his delay in appointing ministers, but that would be sorted before this month runs out.

(1) (Reply)

New Day, New Gaffe From The Presidency - Barcanista / Saraki Debunks Frivolous Allegations By Code Of Conduct Tribunal / How GAVI Rewarded Okonjo-Iweala After She Worked Against Nigeria's Interests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.