Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama (2273 Views)

"Karma Caught Up With Obama" - Fani-Kayode / Tony Elumelu Meets With Obama In Kenya / Buhari Meets With US Delegates At Aso Rock Ahead Of Meeting With Obama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 06, 2015
Saudi king books entire DC Four Seasons hotel for 3
nights ahead of his first White House meeting with
Obama
In anticipation of King Salman bin Abdulaziz of Saudi
Arabia’s stay, the Four Seasons hotel in Georgetown
has done some redecorating, literally rolling out red
carpets in order to accommodate the royal’s
luxurious taste, Kate Bennetts' Politico reports.
Eyewitnesses at the property have seen crates of
gilded furniture and accessories being wheeled into
the posh hotel over the past several days,
culminating in a home-away-from-home fit for the
billionaire Saudi monarch, who is in Washington for
his first White House meeting with President Barack
Obama today.
"Everything is gold,” says one Four Seasons regular,
who spied the deliveries arriving at the hotel. "Gold
mirrors, gold end tables, gold lamps, even gold hat
racks." Red carpets have been laid down in hallways
and even in the lower parking garage, so the king and
his family never have to touch asphalt when
departing their custom Mercedes caravan.
Security is tight as well which is normal for such a
visit, perhaps, but Saudi officials likely remember the
bizarre 2011 bomb plot, linked to Iranian intelligence,
that aimed to blow up then Saudi Ambassador Adel
al-Jubeir, now the foreign minister, at a Georgetown
restaurant.
The guests staying at the 222-room hotel for the next
couple of days are all part of the 79-year-old king’s
entourage of Saudi diplomats, family members and
assistants, one source said; a full buyout of the entire
property was reserved for the visit. Guests who had
booked to stay at the Four Seasons during the royal
visit have apparently been moved to other luxury
hotels in town.
A call to the Four Seasons confirmed the hotel is sold
out Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. King
Salman, who ascended the throne in January, has a
habit of displacing commoners for his own comforts;
this summer, during a sojourn to the French Riviera,
his eight-day stay forced the closure of a popular
beach, enraging locals. Salman rolls deep, with a
reported 1,000-person delegation joining him for his seaside August vacation. Wall St. Journal reporter
Carol Lee snapped this photograph of Salman's
entourage arriving at Andrews Air Force Base on
Thursday: Saudis seem to have enough vehicles for
King Salman's visit - the car fleet parked at Joint Base
Andrews.
At the Four Seasons on Thursday morning, the
Washington “power breakfast” crowd didn’t seem to
mind being displaced from their regular dining spot
at the hotel’s lower-level Seasons restaurant to the
main floor’s Bourbon Steak, a move made to
accommodate the king. Foreign dignitaries and royals
often choose to stay at the Four Seasons, as much for
the hotel’s proximity to the White House, State
Department and Embassy Row as for its 4,000-
square-foot Royal Suite, equipped with private
elevator and bulletproof windows for privacy and
security.
Last month, the hotel, which opened in 1979,
embarked on a $13 million renovation, redecorating
the rooms, adding more art and committing to a
guest experience that focuses on the best night’s
sleep.
A press release cited new options for maximizing the
sleep experience, including a new sleep-aid menu
with “scented pillow oils,” “calming bath melts,” pre-
selected mattress toppers in firm or plush, and
custom pillow choices, which include a water-filled
option. A representative for the Four Seasons
declined to comment for this story.
Source: Kate Bennett for POLITICO

For creative stories trending on facebook, visit www.starttells.com
Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by highbeetohbadt: 10:42pm On Sep 06, 2015
those arabs get bastard money,meanwhile FTC

1 Like

Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by ozy4christ(f): 10:46pm On Sep 06, 2015
Vanity upon vanity,jesus is coming very soon

1 Like

Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 06, 2015
ozy4christ:

Jesus never said you should not enjoy your life because he is coming.

6 Likes

Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by RetroBoy: 11:00pm On Sep 06, 2015
How does this pay salaries?
Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by MyMouth(m): 11:08pm On Sep 06, 2015
And his fellow Arabs are suffering and drowning in the sea! Smh

3 Likes

Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by ozy4christ(f): 11:12pm On Sep 06, 2015
ydass:

u call dat enjoyment?yea i kw money is good but too much of everythn is bad,there a so many ways and things 2 do wit dat kk.
Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 06, 2015
ozy4christ:
u call dat enjoyment?yea i kw money is good but too much of everythn is bad,there a so many ways and things 2 do wit dat kk.

Stop giving yourself headache over someone else's lifestyle. Did you know that everytime you walk into TFC someone else is feeling that's vanity? Should that stop you from eating at TFC?

I think you need to go make some more money I beg.

3 Likes

Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by DaBullIT(m): 12:33am On Sep 07, 2015
This is the Original

#MoneySpeaking

Don't dull

If you like this comment, Waa get money like Oba Saudi grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by stanvesco(m): 12:59am On Sep 07, 2015
ozy4christ:

twas king solomon dat made dat statement...toh my dear,i hope u av a li2 idea how dat man enjoyed dis life,b4 he made dat statement....
Ok oh,
hmmmm
ok oh
Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by tyson99(m): 1:15am On Sep 07, 2015
ozy4christ:
All this shoulder pad sisters,if truly vanity upon vanity then send me all your belongings since it's a vanity abi

1 Like

Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by Octaves(m): 1:24am On Sep 07, 2015
3rd world ostentation. Many countries can do that but instead channel the money towards research and development and raising living standards

1 Like

Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by Macelliot(m): 1:33am On Sep 07, 2015
MyMouth:
And his fellow Arabs are suffering and drowning in the sea! Smh
not Arabs but the Assyrians..
Arabs= Saudi, Oman, Kuwait, UAE, Yemen..

Assyrians = syria.

Persians/babylonians = Iraq and Iran

Hebrews = Israel, Jordan, Lebanon...

1 Like

Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by MyMouth(m): 5:56am On Sep 07, 2015
Macelliot:

not Arabs but the Assyrians..
Arabs= Saudi, Oman, Kuwait, UAE, Yemen..

Assyrians = syria.

Persians/babylonians = Iraq and Iran

Hebrews = Israel, Jordan, Lebanon...
OK, thanks!
Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by WailingWailer00(m): 6:51am On Sep 07, 2015
ozy4christ:
Get a life
Even Jesus doesn't know if he would come
Let's have fun and stop worrying about the unknown
Christianity is the white man's religion to keep Africans at bay
Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by ozy4christ(f): 7:43am On Sep 07, 2015
tyson99:

All this shoulder pad sisters,if truly vanity upon vanity then send me all your belongings since it's a vanity abi
what shall it profit a man if he gain all d whole world and looses his soul....my dear money is good,but just look at how much he spent just 3days visit and go 2 his country and tell me how he has contributd 2 d economy growth.
Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by ozy4christ(f): 7:48am On Sep 07, 2015
U call dat lifestyle?how has it helpd 2 solve development problem in his country?
ydass:

Stop giving yourself headache over someone else's lifestyle. Did you know that everytime you walk into TFC someone else is feeling that's vanity? Should that stop you from eating at TFC?

I think you need to go make some more money I beg.
Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 07, 2015
ozy4christ:

poverty is also vanity

1 Like

Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by ozy4christ(f): 7:57am On Sep 07, 2015
ydass:

yes o, dear he never said dat,but how many times have u heard dat dangote did that,instead he is busy creating jobs 4 d poor masses,tell me of dis man's own,so u can get d angle am coming 4rm,we need 2 be our brothers helper,kk
Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by free2naira: 8:07am On Sep 07, 2015
WailingWailer00:

Get a life
Baddoo
Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by ozy4christ(f): 8:23am On Sep 07, 2015
WailingWailer00:

Get a life
my dear,i wanted 2 reply ur comment but when i checkd ur name,it leaves me no doubt dat ur name and ur comment correspond so i rest my case.REMembr Christ is coming soon
Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 07, 2015
ozy4christ:
U call dat lifestyle?how has it helpd 2 solve development problem in his country?

Babe, you need to solve your own problems. Just empty your wardrobe give to the needy and get yourself a rag to put on. Na your cheese cake be that
Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 07, 2015
ozy4christ:
what shall it profit a man if he gain all d whole world and looses his soul....my dear money is good,but just look at how much he spent just 3days visit and go 2 his country and tell me how he has contributd 2 d economy growth.

This your over sabi spirituality will make you dash your pastor all your life savings someday. I know people like you.
Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by bonechamberlain(m): 8:56am On Sep 07, 2015
useless king with dictatorial tendencies. he is the there pour out his anger to Obama for signing the nuclear deal with Iran. sorry king Iran is back, u and ur middle East destabilizers should get ready to bow.
Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by WailingWailer00(m): 9:31am On Sep 07, 2015
ozy4christ:
my dear,i wanted 2 reply ur comment but when i checkd ur name,it leaves me no doubt dat ur name and ur comment correspond so i rest my case.REMembr Christ is coming soon
Leave my name for me
As Jesus no gree come go meet am na
Sell your phone and use the stipend for evangelism
Post your religious nonsense in the religion section
Thanks
Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by Chiaka(f): 11:28am On Sep 07, 2015
Now this is called Lavish life style. While some people dey kill themselves for ISIL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by HAkorehdeh(m): 11:43am On Sep 07, 2015
Saudi leaders be like... grin

1 Like

Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by ozy4christ(f): 1:54pm On Sep 07, 2015
WailingWailer00:
Leave my name for me As Jesus no gree come go meet am na Sell your phone and use the stipend for evangelism Post your religious nonsense in the religion section Thanks
I pray dat God will visit u this night
Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by ozy4christ(f): 1:57pm On Sep 07, 2015
ydass:

This your over sabi spirituality will make you dash your pastor all your life savings someday. I know people like you.
hahahahaha, my dear not over sabi k,
Re: Saudi King Books Entire Hotel For 3 nights Ahead Of His Meeting With Obama by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 07, 2015
Next comment please.

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: I Am A Loyal And Staunch Supporter Of Biafra-ex Minister / Photos: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured In Geneva By Circle Of Diplomats / Senator Ben Murray Bruce Thought On Fuel Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.