Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? (2449 Views)

Man Beats His Sister For Trying To Stop Him From Cheating On His Wife / "Deny Your Husband Sex" - Leaked Chats Of A Cheating Wife / Man Catches His Wife Cheating And Exposes Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by Jozzy4: 10:22am On Sep 07, 2015
Recently , I saw a man trying to get the attention of a young lady but to my suprise his friend told him " Bode , take it easy o you know you just got married last saturday ." shocked and he smiled , so fast ; someone who got married has started chasing skirts all around , its barely a week he got married o .

I begin to wonder , Why Cant Marriage Vows Stop People From Cheating ? Is Marriage Vows Just For Fun ? I still dont understand cos have attend some weddings and I know how emotional that moment when couples exchange vows can be . Why do they quickly forget ?

Am curious ...
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by Cutehector(m): 10:24am On Sep 07, 2015
Marriage sef.... angry
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by Haywhymido(m): 10:26am On Sep 07, 2015
Na wa o
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by ArchEnemy(m): 10:32am On Sep 07, 2015
Maybe they see it as mere formality

They went to church to lie to God, the spouse and the congregation
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by funlord(m): 10:51am On Sep 07, 2015
grin
Jozzy4:
Recently , I saw a man trying to get the attention of a young lady but to my suprise his friend told him " Bode , take it easy o you know you just got married last saturday ." shocked and he smiled , so fast ; someone who got married has started chasing skirts all around , its barely a week he got married o .

I begin to wonder , Why Cant Marriage Vows Stop People From Cheating ? Is Marriage Vows Just For Fun ? I still dont understand cos have attend some weddings and I know how emotional that moment when couples exchange vows can be . Why do they quickly forget ?

Am curious ...

When you also get married you will understand! Be patient! Lolz

2 Likes

Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 07, 2015
They take it for granted because God is slow to anger. ..

had it been when you go against the vow intentionally, God gives you a heavy maddening knock from heaven instantly shocked, you'll see people keeping their vows diligently and marriage would have been a more serious institution. .... grin

God help us. ... smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2015
Mostly men of course. Just don't mind them their own case na spiritual something..... grin
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by KanwuliaJara: 1:17pm On Sep 07, 2015
Because marriage vows are for RELIGIOUS HYPOCRITES AND DUMMIES!!!!! kiss

3 Likes

Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by DrObum(m): 3:26pm On Sep 07, 2015
Dear don't worry, you'll see the big picture when you get married.

That time, you'll tell us why
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by xynerise: 3:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
At this point, it has become inevitable undecided
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by Jozzy4: 10:34pm On Sep 07, 2015
ArchEnemy:
Maybe they see it as mere formality
They went to church to lie to God, the spouse and the congregation
Hmm , This is serious !
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by LordReed(m): 6:59am On Sep 08, 2015
Jozzy4:

Am curious ...

Because nothing can stop a man or woman hell bent on going astray. You know that proverb our people say, a dog that wants to get lost stops hearing his master's whistle. Being faithful in marriage requires you to exercise self control, no one will exercise it for you. Marriage vows are simply a public statement of your intention to exercise self restraint but if in your heart you know you were just lying to the world then who will help you?

5 Likes

Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by Jozzy4: 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2015
hmm
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
LordReed:

Because nothing can stop a man or woman hell bent on going astray. You know that proverb our people say, a dog that wants to get lost stops hearing his master's whistle. Being faithful in marriage requires you to exercise self control, no one will exercise it for you. Marriage vows are simply a public statement of your intention to exercise self restraint but if in your heart you know you were just lying to the world then who will help you?

If it is so difficult and needs so much self-control and self-restraint, why get married at all? Where is the fun in all of this?
Do people get married in order to constrain themselves?
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by LordReed(m): 7:03pm On Nov 19, 2015
Mindfulness:

If it is so difficult and needs so much self-control and self-restraint, why get married at all? Where is the fun in all of this?
Do people get married in order to constrain themselves?

LoL! If you go to a club and they tell you not to enter with slippers, will that be a constraint to your fun?
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 19, 2015
LordReed:

LoL! If you go to a club and they tell you not to enter with slippers, will that be a constraint to your fun?

First of all, do I feel like going to a club wearing slippers?
Secondly, what are my alternatives? Are there any?
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by LordReed(m): 8:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
Mindfulness:

First of all, do I feel like going to a club wearing slippers?
Secondly, what are my alternatives? Are there any?

So you agree with the constraint of not wearing slippers to a club but suddenly feel the constraints of marriage are a barrier to fun?
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
LordReed:

So you agree with the constraint of not wearing slippers to a club but suddenly feel the constraints of marriage are a barrier to fun?

Is it about me?
It is about your post which claims that people need a lot of self-control to stay faithful in marriage.
If staying faithful can be compared to wearing or not wearing slippers to a club what is the self-control for? grin

1 Like

Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by LordReed(m): 8:39pm On Nov 19, 2015
Mindfulness:

Is it about me?
It is about your post which claims that people need a lot of self-control to stay faithful in marriage.
If staying faithful can be compared to wearing or not wearing slippers to a club what is the self-control for? grin

LoL, it's not a claim it's a FACT. Marriage is not a magical pact that immediately grants you power to resist sexual temptations just as your intention to go to a club will not magically grant you entry.
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 19, 2015
LordReed:

LoL, it's not a claim it's a FACT. Marriage is not a magical pact that immediately grants you power to resist sexual temptations just as your intention to go to a club will not magically grant you entry.

You still make it look like it is extremely hard to stay faithful.
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by LordReed(m): 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
Mindfulness:

You still make it look like it is extremely hard to stay faithful.

People get a bit self defensive when they hear the words self control, discipline, restraint, etc. However these are things we must do if we must carry on as humans and civilized ones at that. Everyday you express these things to all sorts of degree, marriage is not any different. Just as you don't go around slapping every person who annoys you, same way you should not go around sleeping with every person who catches your fancy. These things are as hard/easy as you take them to be.
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
LordReed:

People get a bit self defensive when they hear the words self control, discipline, restraint, etc. However these are things we must do if we must carry on as humans and civilized ones at that. Everyday you express these things to all sorts of degree, marriage is not any different. Just as you don't go around slapping every person who annoys you, same way you should not go around sleeping with every person who catches your fancy. These things are as hard/easy as you take them to be.

If I decide to enter a monogamous relationship then I do it because I feel like doing it and because it is fun and feels good.
If it takes effort and self-control to stay faithful to my partner, then it is the wrong relationship.

1 Like

Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by SAMBARRY: 9:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Because marriage vows are for RELIGIOUS HYPOCRITES AND DUMMIES!!!!! kiss
vows are sacred covenant you make in the presence of God and man which God will hold you accountable for on judgement day by the way where are you stepping out going to?you're becoming very hot this days o. grin

Mapa won woman yi grin
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by Richy4(m): 9:57pm On Nov 19, 2015
I don't really now why they don't take it serious

Maybe I might compare it with when you are searching for a job desperately on the internet,
and you spot a nice one. You know all those declaimers you have to click yes, yes, yes without even reading it to know what it was.
just because you wanted access to that website. That could be modern day Marriage.

In a hurry to answer MRS or MR, Many just jump into it, without knowing what it was, or what they are saying yes to.
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by LordReed(m): 10:20pm On Nov 19, 2015
Mindfulness:

If I decide to enter a monogamous relationship then I do it because I feel like doing it and because it is fun and feels good.
If it takes effort and self-control to stay faithful to my partner, then it is the wrong relationship.

Listen you are not a statue so do not deceive yourself, even married to the most fun partner, you'll still encounter temptations. It is better you come to terms with that fact than to live in denial.
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
Mindfulness:

You sound immature...and slightly off-puting.

You just wait till you get a partner bo
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by Nobody: 5:34am On Nov 20, 2015
Speechless3:

And your point is?
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by Nobody: 6:09am On Nov 20, 2015
LordReed:

Listen you are not a statue so do not deceive yourself, even married to the most fun partner, you'll still encounter temptations. It is better you come to terms with that fact than to live in denial.

People can encounter "temptations" and decide to resist them without having to exercise self-control. It doesn't have to be so difficult as you illustrate it.
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by dmcdad: 10:29am On Nov 20, 2015
Speechless3:

Well said...

1 Like

Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by dmcdad: 10:29am On Nov 20, 2015
LordReed:

Please can you elucidate more on the emboldened?
Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by LordReed(m): 11:13am On Nov 20, 2015
Mindfulness:

People can encounter "temptations" and decide to resist them without having to exercise self-control. It doesn't have to be so difficult as you illustrate it.

LoL please enlighten me how you resist temptation without self-control.

1 Like

Re: Why Cant Marriage Vow Stop Couples From Cheating ? by Jozzy4: 11:54am On Nov 20, 2015
Richy4:
I don't really now why they don't take it serious

Maybe I might compare it with when you are searching for a job desperately on the internet,
and you spot a nice one. You know all those declaimers you have to click yes, yes, yes without even reading it to know what it was.
just because you wanted access to that website. That could be modern day Marriage.

In a hurry to answer MRS or MR, Many just jump into it, without knowing what it was, or what they are saying yes to.

Nice .

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Newest Couple In Yenagoa, Bayelsa State / My Friend Is In A Fix / Why am I Scared Of Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.