Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,559 members, 7,955,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:10 PM

Which Are The Books You Read When You Were Young - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Are The Books You Read When You Were Young (25754 Views)

Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian / Outrageous Books You Won’t Believe Actually Exist / Books You Must Read! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Are The Books You Read When You Were Young by rose4flower(f): 2:26pm On Mar 02, 2017
Sammy107d:
Eze goes to school
Alawiye
Gbonka ati Timi
Igi Woroko
Eko ede Yoruba 1- infinty
Taiwo and Kehinde
Iyawo Alarede
So many more, (the most hilarious is one where the king decreed that everyone in the village must bow and worship him every time he sneezes and a bell is rung, and this other english book with the house maid character named 'Polycarp')

i wonder what they read now,
That yourba novel where d king want his subjects to worship him & pay him money if he sneezes Oba Agbaranugumi
Re: Which Are The Books You Read When You Were Young by rose4flower(f): 2:33pm On Mar 02, 2017
obafemee80:
The second dream by Ola Omiyale
I still have dat book am trying 2 remember d name of one of his novel where d guy killed someone wit mortar do u remember it? I so much love dat novel its been long sha.
Re: Which Are The Books You Read When You Were Young by obafemee80(m): 4:26pm On Mar 02, 2017
rose4flower:
I still have dat book am trying 2 remember d name of one of his novel where d guy killed someone wit mortar do u remember it? I so much love dat novel its been long sha.
You mean the Return Journey?
Re: Which Are The Books You Read When You Were Young by rose4flower(f): 5:09pm On Mar 02, 2017
obafemee80:
You mean the Return Journey?
Yes I av it
Re: Which Are The Books You Read When You Were Young by rose4flower(f): 5:10pm On Mar 02, 2017
[quote author=rose4flower post=54209120] Yes that is the title I love dat novel.
Re: Which Are The Books You Read When You Were Young by sfinkzslot(m): 5:28pm On Mar 02, 2017
oolumide:
Which are the books you read when you were young that gives you nostalgic feelings
for me these are the one that I remember.

1. My fathers Daughter
2. Adventure of Sauza
3. Taiwo and Kehinde
4. Alawiye 1-6
5. Olowolayemo
6. Sugar girl

Chip in yours

put the pix next time
Re: Which Are The Books You Read When You Were Young by Gpdwise(m): 6:09pm On Mar 02, 2017
Eliliah la ee ho mere
Couldn't read it cos it was written in igbo
This is one of the best night time story ever!! Anybody has told me?!
Igadubi the vanguard another gr8 book too
Re: Which Are The Books You Read When You Were Young by Gpdwise(m): 6:10pm On Mar 02, 2017
Eliliah la ee ho mere
Couldn't read it cos it was written in igbo
This is one of the best night time story ever!! Anybody has told me?! Afo afo and nti nti where the greatest super heroes ever
Igadubi the vanguard another gr8 book too
Re: Which Are The Books You Read When You Were Young by MrUmaRu(m): 7:40pm On Mar 02, 2017
I red 5 and 6
Re: Which Are The Books You Read When You Were Young by alabsmichael(m): 4:17pm On Mar 03, 2017
I read so many that my teacher banned me from reading story books
Some of them are:
Oba Agbaragunmi
Alawiye(1-6).
Tunde ati awon ore re
Je n logba temi
Tunde pegede
Yemi da bira
Onimole and Solaru:Eko ede Yoruba(where two people function as archetypal characters)
Animal farm
Ifeanyi and Obi
Ijamba selu
Ogun omode
Eda omo Oodua
Wives and mother
Gbe wiri
Oxford primary English course
Alo apagbe
Just to mention a few.
Re: Which Are The Books You Read When You Were Young by Ndipe(m): 7:34pm On Feb 20, 2021
I remember Ihuoma comes to stay.

Zarathena:
Mine are:
Without a silver spoon
The village boy
My father's car
Mezie the ogbanje boy
A lucky chance
Ihuoma comes to stay...infact all books in the winner's series.
Books by Adeze Atuegwu- Tears, Fate, My husband's mistress, all about Lizzy, all about Bina, Chalet 9 and so on.
Also read: Chike and the river
Eze goes to school
Eze goes to college
Echoes of hard times
Born to win
Peppersoup
No food for Eme
More tales from shakespears
Lamb's tales from shakespear
Adventures of Nnanna
Wedlock of the gods
Jeez....I could go on and on. Wasn't really a movie freak when I was younger, plus I'm older than my sibling with almost 13 years. So, my parents had 2 get m loadz of novels 2 keep me company. #goodolddays
Re: Which Are The Books You Read When You Were Young by oyatz(m): 10:57pm On Mar 09
Second Dream by Ola Omiyale

My father's daughter by Mabel Segun

Eze goes to school

Igbi Aiye nyi by Prof Afolabi Olabimtan (One of my favourites)

A woman's Temptation by Bertha M. Clay
First Among Equals by Jerry Archer
Animal Farm by George Orwell

A Mother's Secret by Carolyn Haddad
Tell Freedom by Peter Abraham
Black boy by Richard Wright
Second-Class citizen by Buchi Emecheta

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: “Why I Wear Nigerian Designers" / The Cheaters (18+) / LOVESTRUCK - A Campus Love Story. By Demsid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.