Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Nigerian Makes History In Spain As The First Woman Presidential Flagbearer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Makes History In Spain As The First Woman Presidential Flagbearer (609 Views)

Nyesom Wike Meets With Cristiano Ronaldo In Spain (Photos) / Wike Watches Barca Vs Atletico Madrid Match In Spain,2 Sign Agreement Wit Madrid / IPOB Member Voting For Catalonia Referendum In Spain Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Makes History In Spain As The First Woman Presidential Flagbearer by maum: 8:37am On Sep 08, 2015
Helen Mokuro Idisi is an achiever, a lawyer and forensic expert. Nigerian-born, Idisi has emerged the Presidential candidate of an opposition party for the forthcoming elections in Spain. Following the trail of Barack Obama, the who became America’s first black President (with a father of Kenyan heritage), she set a new record as the first immigrant – and first woman – to be the presidential flag bearer of a political party.

Helen, who is also a criminologist and author of many books, gained prominence in Spanish politics when she founded a political party, Union De Todos, and became the first Nigerian-Spanish to contest for the position of Mayor of Denia in May this year. Although she lost the election, she became even more popular as endorsements came in from several people for the Presidency. She will be running on the platform of the party she founded.

She was born in Delta state in Nigeria’s south-south region and worked briefly at the Ministry of Agriculture before working in the Governor’s office until 1992 when she travelled to Spain. A law graduate, she holds several academic qualifications which include two masters’ degrees and three postgraduate certificates in diverse fields. She has worked for the Red Cross, was CEO and President at the African Europe Chamber of Commerce and at the National Agency of Forensic Experts, Mediators and Technical Professionals of Spain and Europe. She currently owns and runs a law firm in Spain.

On her aspiration for politics, Idisi says, “I went into politics because we have to become more involved in decisions that affect us as citizens and we have an obligation to ensure the legacy we leave to future generations… I saw the need to go into politics as a means to making my explanation of political leadership that suits the interest of the people and I’m ready to listen and care for the needs of constituents.”

She is the daughter of Mr. Anthony Mukoro, the late Director General of the Defunct Bendel state Government Treasury’s Cash Office, and Mrs. Mary Mukoro.

The 2015 Spanish general election would be held on or before Sunday, December 20, 2015. She will contest against the incumbency seeking a second term and a candidate from a powerful opposition party.

Her decision to contest has garnered a lot of positive reactions from Nigerians, cementing her position as an agent of change for the world at-large.

http://venturesafrica.com/nigerian-immigrant-makes-history-in-spain/?utm_source=Ventures+Monday+7th+September%2C+2015&utm_campaign=PR%2C+Africa+Business%2C+Africa+Economy%2C+Africa+Entrepreneur%2C+Ventures+Africa&utm_medium=email

Author
Hannah Onifade

Published
September 5, 2015
Re: Nigerian Makes History In Spain As The First Woman Presidential Flagbearer by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 08, 2015
this is the type of thread I want to be seeing on politics section this month of September....tired of seeing wailers thread....grin the guy below me is as confused as confusion...
Re: Nigerian Makes History In Spain As The First Woman Presidential Flagbearer by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 08, 2015
A very touching Chinese story: 朣楢琴执㝧执瑩浻牡楧㩮㔱硰执㝧执獧浻牡楧敬瑦瀰絸朣杢㑳执獧 扻捡 杫潲湵潣潬㩲昣昸昸㬸慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧敷止瑩札慲楤湥楬 敮牡氬晥⁴ 潴敬瑦戠瑯潴牦浯㡦㡦㡦潴捥捥捥戻捡杫潲湵浩条㩥眭 扥楫楬敮牡札慲 楤湥潴昣昸昸攣散散戻捡杫潲湵浩条㩥洭穯氭湩 慥牧摡敩瑮琨灯㡦㡦㡦 捥捥捥㬩慢正牧畯摮椭慭敧獭氭湩慥牧摡 敩瑮琨灯㡦㡦㡦捥捥捥㬩慢正 牧畯摮椭慭敧楬敮牡札慲楤湥潴昣 昸昸攣散散戻捡杫潲湵浩u条㩥楬敮 牡札慲楤湥潴昣昸昸攣散散汩 整㩲牰杯摩䐺䥘慭敧牔湡晳牯楍牣獯景牧 摡敩瑮猨慴瑲潃潬卲牴 昣昸昸䔬摮潃潬卲牴攣散散㬩潢摲牥硰猠汯摩⌠ 㙣㙣㙣搻獩汰祡戺 潬正潭潢摲牥爭摡畩㩳瀲㭸漭戭牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰敷 止瑩戭牯敤慲 楤獵㈺硰戻牯敤慲楤獵㈺硰执獧搴摻獩汰祡戺潬正瀻 獯瑩潩㩮 敲慬楴敶执獧搴筮楤灳慬㩹湩楬敮戭潬正漻敶晲潬 I am already crying especially that very part he said 搴 漻敶晲

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Vows To Protect Right To Freedom Of Worship. / 20 Killed In Plateau Village / See The Newly Renovated Hospital In Yobe Community Done By The State Govt..pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.