Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole (46335 Views)

Blackhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by dabosuker(m): 9:36pm On Sep 08, 2015
Blakjewelry:
Hey guys do you know that black holes where first predicted in theory before their discovery? The significance of this is that though wormhole and white holes are yet be discovered, it might be possible someday. The possibility of wormhole made me long the movie series Stargate Atlantis

Einstein predicted black holes decades ago, today we have confirmed it, Worm holes are still in theory , but i strongly believe , worm holes exist

1 Like

Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 08, 2015
Dekatron01:

Right now, I just had a meal of Egusi & Rice, had a looonnnnggg hot bath, & now on my bed. However, i wll say little may brain can process

Black holes are really bad arses in keeping mass in.

I read once that at CERN, they are tryna re-create/build a mini black hole. I believe the amount of energy required would be too enormous for out tech, but then :- CERN GUYS ARE GODS. I am sure my best professor of physics can't tackle and average person there.

@Teemp akguy, Robinh ez & bla ckjewel, Do u think X - MEN :- DAYS OF FUTURE PAST IS REALISTIC? I mean PRESENT & PAST CO-EXIST & ITS EVEN LOGAN'S MIND THAT WENT BACK. C'mon, THOR CAN STILL BE POSSIBLE, BUT X-MEN? IMO, is a scientific blunder. . . Am sleepy ni o
X-men . . . cannot exist in our world.
If it did, science would have had to progress a hundred million years from now.
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by RobinHez(m): 9:37pm On Sep 08, 2015
Teempakguy:
it's a . . . wait.

How do I explain this now . . . .

[s]It's a theoretical devices based on ********** that allows people to travel at superluminal speeds by contracting the space in front of the object and expanding the space behind. So, while the actual acceleration is normal, space is shortened so less acceleration covers more distance. Effectively increasing the technical speed without even approaching the light speed limit in flat space.[/s]

Basically, it's a device that allows you to teleport. grin

smh...
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by dekatrons(m): 9:38pm On Sep 08, 2015
Dekatron01:
@ johnydon22 :- na one NDI ARA MOD ban me o @dekatron

just seeing this o jare. . .BRB. . .

@ dekatrons, dnt impersonate me o
Hmm? undecided
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by menesheh(m): 9:40pm On Sep 08, 2015
johnydon22:
My identity kwa cheesy

starting to wonder which one is my identity again grin

wink
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by dabosuker(m): 9:43pm On Sep 08, 2015
johnydon22:
Yeah just like the planet Neptune was first predicted in theory too before being discovered.

This was the bridge the Gods (Odin, Thor, Loki and others used to visit earth, Hhmmm sounds striking and strange huh? wink Freaks me out too...lol..

If you ask me the Gods/gods were astronauts that visited Earth years ago , in Earth"s distant past.
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by RobinHez(m): 9:45pm On Sep 08, 2015
Dekatron01:

think X - MEN :- DAYS OF FUTURE PAST IS REALISTIC? I mean PRESENT & PAST CO-EXIST & ITS EVEN LOGAN'S MIND THAT WENT BACK. C'mon, THOR CAN STILL BE POSSIBLE, BUT X-MEN? IMO, is a scientific blunder. . . Am sleepy ni o

More like the 'Grandfather Paradox' grin
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Blakjewelry(m): 9:45pm On Sep 08, 2015
johnydon22:
And this will change everything as we know it, the way we see the universe.

What do you think about the Vikings mention of a Bifrost (Wormhole) in their folklores when nothing like that has been ever known to the world

Well I think the ancients have some pretty good understanding of the universe, but their weak point is they cannot differentiate religion from science. Even Buddhism even have a concept of parallel universe and differential in time between the different dimension. That one of the reasons I love watching Stargate command, though it is a sci-fi series but it ending showcase something about the conflict between religion and science. It also show that some key fact might be hidden in some ancient relic
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Blakjewelry(m): 9:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
dabosuker:

Einstein predicted black holes decades ago, today we have confirmed it, Worm holes are still in theory , but i strongly believe , worm holes exist
So far the maths still add up, the only thing I don't like about Einstein is, the very day Einstein was born, can't travel more than the speed of light. The only possibility man has now is, either through wormhole or through warping of space
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by johnydon22(m): 9:54pm On Sep 08, 2015
Teempakguy:
I'd like to think it's just a coincidence. However, a true possibility cannot be ruled out.

A bifrost, which is a wormhole, would be the most ideal tool for transportation in more advanced life forms.

If only I knew how it worked . . . .

Also, there is another issue, does such a bridge not succumb to the light speed limit?
I mean, can a particle travel through a wormhole faster than light? How would this happen?

In the folklores, there are mentions of a certain "yggdrasil" the "tree of worlds" which is used as a name for a construct connecting the worlds together. Perhaps this is a sort of "gravity" emitter . . .

Ah . . . I've got to do some thinking.
Yes i lean on the position that it might be a coincidence but yet again the possibility still is as plausible as anything can get in the sense that advanced beings may have used the Wormhole to visit the earth and the primitive vikings termed them Gods (Thats the closest one could get to the God stuff...lol.. grin)

But yes i think the speed of light matters not in the wormhole, remember space time is distorted and forced into a ringlike tunnel. i think the speed of light matter when the fabrics spacetime is at a plain form.

So speed of light matters not in the wormhole, it will be more like the transition of matter from one point to another..…Remember the speed of light is not even fast enough to escape a blackhole and the gravity runs at infinite, i think speed of light is still a young boh here grin

And to me "The tree of worlds" might actually be parallel universes.... It gets crazier grin
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by johnydon22(m): 9:57pm On Sep 08, 2015
dabosuker:

This was the bridge the Gods (Odin, Thor, Loki and others used to visit earth, Hhmmm sounds striking and strange huh? wink Freaks me out too...lol..

If you ask me the Gods/gods were astronauts that visited Earth years ago , in Earth"s distant past.
That possibility is arguable... We keep our fingers crossed...Gods might just be our neighbours after all grin

For the single fact that the Sumerian Anunaki story also is about Extra terrestrial visitors adds more weight to this... Scary!!! embarassed
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by johnydon22(m): 10:01pm On Sep 08, 2015
Blakjewelry:

Well I think the ancients have some pretty good understanding of the universe, but their weak point is they cannot differentiate religion from science. Even Buddhism even have a concept of parallel universe and differential in time between the different dimension. That one of the reasons I love watching Stargate command, though it is a sci-fi series but it ending showcase something about the conflict between religion and science. It also show that some key fact might be hidden in some ancient relic
We do not yet know up to 5% of what is to be known in this universe.

Ancients practised science as a sacred knowledge that is why mostly it is done by the priests and elites thereby incorporating science with religion.
Thats why most of the ancient scientific disciplines are imbedded with myths, superstition and all in the case of astrology, alchemy and co

1 Like

Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by johnydon22(m): 10:15pm On Sep 08, 2015
RobinHez:

so u saying it depends on its infinite singularity...
Yes ...

Lol., I don't have a big head, getting fat is not on the menu tongue
Sharrap!!! Garara here!!! undecided

I can feel the effect of the gravitational force exerted by your big head from here just like the moon's gravity affects the earth.

Judging from the magnitude of the gravitational force i detect from your head eeehn, your head must be enormous grin
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 08, 2015
RobinHez:

smh...
shake it well. At least you will burn some calories which will make your less fat. grin
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by RobinHez(m): 10:27pm On Sep 08, 2015
johnydon22:
Yes ...

Sharrap!!! Garara here!!! undecided

I can feel the effect of the gravitational force exerted by your big head from here just like the moon's gravity affects the earth.

Judging from the magnitude of the gravitational force i detect from your head eeehn, your head must be enormous grin

haha...at least, my body aint complaining tongue
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by RobinHez(m): 10:28pm On Sep 08, 2015
Teempakguy:
shake it well. At least you will burn some calories which will make your less fat. grin

...I'm not fat... cry
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 08, 2015
RobinHez:

More like the 'Grandfather Paradox' grin
nope. The grandfather paradox doesn't even come close. It's more like a time corruption paradox.

He literally killed everyone in the world and resurrected them in an utopia. undecided
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 08, 2015
RobinHez:

...I'm not fat... cry
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I knew it was only a matter of time before you started copying dharray.

It's an unconscious quality of many scientists though. wink
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by RobinHez(m): 10:36pm On Sep 08, 2015
Teempakguy:
nope. The grandfather paradox doesn't even come close. It's more like a time corruption paradox.

undecided

Despite the name, the grandfather paradox does not
exclusively regard the impossibility of one's own
birth. Rather, it regards any action that eliminates
the cause or means of traveling back in time...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandfather_paradox

And wtf is 'time corruption paradox'
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by RobinHez(m): 10:38pm On Sep 08, 2015
Teempakguy:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I knew it was only a matter of time before you started copying dharray.

It's an unconscious quality of many scientists though. wink

oh...puleaze! angry

I use it once in a while...doesn't mean I'm copying anyone...
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by dabosuker(m): 10:38pm On Sep 08, 2015
Blakjewelry:

So far the maths still add up, the only thing I don't like about Einstein is, the very day Einstein was born, can't travel more than the speed of light. The only possibility man has now is, either through wormhole or through warping of space

I hear they have discovered some particles that can travel much more than the speed of light , though its still in theory. those scientists working on the Hadron collider would tell us more. cry. well for me i believe the possibilities are endless as much as the universe is ...we would one day do time travel ,.....if we already haven't
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 08, 2015
Blakjewelry:

cheesy cheesy
Why does everyone keep blaming Einstein? cheesy

Einstein showed us a very important thing. That it is futile to try to use conventional speed. He showed us the limit of classical speed. Hence closed the door to what would have been several futile research on the part of scientists. Allowing us to focus on the more important things. smiley
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Blakjewelry(m): 10:40pm On Sep 08, 2015
johnydon22:
We do not yet know up to 5% of what is to be known in this universe.

Ancients practised science as a sacred knowledge that is why mostly it is done by the priests and elites thereby incorporating science with religion.
Thats why most of the ancient scientific disciplines are imbedded with myths, superstition and all in the case of astrology, alchemy and co

You totally right and on that 5% thing, it pains me that even though there is alot to discover, we on this side of the world might not be able to contribute anything. The only reason we go school here is just to make a living, no single drive or passion to achieve something great. I hope setup a lab someday where anybody can carry out his research. Back to issue of science, do you know that Einstein actually arrive at the conclusion on the universe work before arriving at the maths to back it up, sometimes I we are some how connected to universe in a way. Or simply some of what we see about the universe might be an illusion
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Blakjewelry(m): 10:44pm On Sep 08, 2015
Teempakguy:
cheesy cheesy
Why does everyone keep blaming Einstein? cheesy

Einstein showed us a very important thing. That it is futile to try to use conventional speed. He showed us the limit of classical speed. Hence closed the door to what would have been several futile research on the part of scientists. Allowing us to focus on the more important things. smiley
LOL its not a case of Einstein, but more like hating someone telling you the truth point blank

1 Like

Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 08, 2015
RobinHez:

undecided

And wtf is 'time corruption paradox'
smart Alec much?

Grandfather paradox is the paradox that describes action performed in a past that eliminates the need to go back to to perform that action.

Time corruption paradox described the action performed in a past that gives an outcome that is totally unexpected.

For instance, if you went back to kill your grandfather, you wouldn't be born, you wouldn't exist. Hence you wouldn't need to go back in time. That is the grandfather paradox.

However, you could go back in time to . . . say. Save your girlfriend from dying, but upon returning to the future. You meet a desert wasteland. Everyone you know and love, including the girl, are now zombies. And you're like, how the _fuck did this happen? What the hell did I do? shocked
That's time corruption paradox.
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
Blakjewelry:

You totally right and on that 5% thing, it pains me that even though there is alot to discover, we on this side of the world might not be able to contribute anything. The only reason we go school here is just to make a living, no single drive or passion to achieve something great. I hope setup a lab someday where anybody can carry out his research. Back to issue of science, do you know that Einstein actually arrive at the conclusion on the universe work before arriving at the maths to back it up, sometimes I we are some how connected to universe in a way. Or simply some of what we see about the universe might be an illusion
Einstein had an exceptional imagination.

The mathematics was a walk in the park as it had already been developed by Poincaré. He simply borrowed it.

Now, we simply have to prove it experimentally.

Oops, we're on the wrong continent. grin grin
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 08, 2015
RobinHez:

oh...puleaze! angry

I use it once in a while...doesn't mean I'm copying anyone...
keep telling yourself that.

Eventually. You will believe it. This is called, I think, self-deception.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-deception
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Blakjewelry(m): 10:57pm On Sep 08, 2015
dabosuker:

I hear they have discovered some particles that can travel much more than the speed of light , though its still in theory. those scientists working on the Hadron collider would tell us more. cry. well for me i believe the possibilities are endless as much as the universe is ...we would one day do time travel ,.....if we already haven't

It is not actually a particle faster than the speed of light, rather it is confirming the part of string theory which believe particle do exist in a dual state. The experiment actually confirm that any action on one of the state of the particle actually affect the other state of particle in another lab far away instantly more like defiling the light speed limit, but it does not it only prove that the particle is inform of entangled state
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by dabosuker(m): 10:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
johnydon22:
That possibility is arguable... We keep our fingers crossed...Gods might just be our neighbours after all grin

For the single fact that the Sumerian Anunaki story also is about Extra terrestrial visitors adds more weight to this... Scary!!! embarassed

[b]Sumarians , Anunakis, thor, Zeus, Odin, Ogun, Oduduwa,....most of these entities came from the Sky....aka.Sky Gods , and taught the people what they know, even in my social studies back then, i was told Oduduwa came down from the sky with a chain, had a Cork & corn in his hands to start creation,...bla bla bla.
science IMO can not be far from religion, its just mis understanding by our stone age fore fathers, they see a plane & call it a Thunder bird, even in the bible , when even God came around , it was mostly at the mountain range , where it is safest/best for an alien with a space craft to observe a new world/planet. when ever God was around you here fire (exhaust heat), the mountain rumbled( just the way the runway trembles in the airport, during takeoff or landing). where ever the Gods stood was holy ground , simply because Aliens never wanted to be contaminated with earthly virus/bacteria from man grin, so u must be clean b4 coming to the Gods ....
Am in this strange crazy grin grin, if you like..school of thought,...well it answers most of the questions
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by RobinHez(m): 11:05pm On Sep 08, 2015
Teempakguy:
smart Alec much?

Grandfather paradox is the paradox that describes action performed in a past that eliminates the need to go back to to perform that action.

Time corruption paradox described the action performed in a past that gives an outcome that is totally unexpected.

For instance, if you went back to kill your grandfather, you wouldn't be born, you wouldn't exist. Hence you wouldn't need to go back in time. That is the grandfather paradox.

However, you could go back in time to . . . say. Save your girlfriend from dying, but upon returning to the future. You meet a desert wasteland. Everyone you know and love, including the girl, are now zombies. And you're like, how the _fuck did this happen? What the hell did I do? shocked
That's time corruption paradox.

Wolverine woke up to find himself on the bed after the time travel meaning....

or maybe its above Paradox..cuz everything happened in his mind shocked
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by johnydon22(m): 11:09pm On Sep 08, 2015
dabosuker:

...we would one day do time travel ,.....if we already haven't
If time travel was ever possible to man sometime in the future of mankind, we should have been getting visitors from the future..

so where are the visitors from the future? grin

2 Likes

Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Blakjewelry(m): 11:12pm On Sep 08, 2015
Teempakguy:
Einstein had an exceptional imagination.

The mathematics was a walk in the park as it had already been developed by Poincaré. He simply borrowed it.

Now, we simply have to prove it experimentally.

Oops, we're on the wrong continent. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) / Ten Of The Tallest Trees In The World (Pictures) / Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.