Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,063 members, 7,814,659 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Ordeal Of A Nigerian Prostitute In Russia - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ordeal Of A Nigerian Prostitute In Russia (2546 Views)

Zimbabwean Man Caught Having Sex At His Wife’s Funeral With A Prostitute(Photos) / Ordeal Of Hubby's Friend Wife That Travel Wit Us For Xmas / Please Help!!! My Aunt Is Becoming A Prostitute In Her Husband House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ordeal Of A Nigerian Prostitute In Russia by eherbal(m): 4:23pm On Sep 08, 2015
A young Nigerian prostitute in Russia who identified herself as Blessing, has narrated how she was beaten by Russian clients to force her to have sex with them.

In her moving story published on the internet by a Russian photographer, Tatiana Egorova, to draw world attention to the plight of Nigerian prostitutes in Russia, Blessing disclosed that she was always beaten anytime she refused to have sex with a client by her love-vendor.

Narrating how she was forced into prostitution in Russia, Blessing, 23, who spent two years in Russia as a prostitute, disclosed that she was deceived by her best friend who took her to Russia on a promise of securing a good job.

“I had to leave school as my family is very poor. My father works as a driver, and my mother sells in the market. I put my braiding skills to practice to earn some money, but I still wanted to get an education.

“My best friend told me about an opportunity to study for free in Russia. However, when I arrived, my friend sold me to a Russian woman and her Nigerian companion. They used to beat me and leave me outside without clothes to freeze when I refused to serve clients.

“I even begged my clients to help me, but they did nothing. When my father found out about my sex slavery in Russia, he said I should blame myself for becoming a prostitute,” Blessing said.

Through Egorova’s help, Blessing was able to get a new passport at the Federal Migration Service after she agreed to be deported to Nigeria.

“I’m afraid to come back home as my love-vendor called my mother and said I owed them a lot of money,” Blessing disclosed several days before she came back to Nigeria.

Blessing who is now in Nigeria said she would rather die than becoming a prostitute again. “You never know what a client would do to you. He could beat, torture, throw you down the stairs or even kill, and you would never see your family again,” the rescued former prostitute added.

Investigations revealed that Blessing and other Nigerian girls practicing prostitution in Russia were tricked into the country by friends, relatives and agents of Nigerian pimps in Russia.

Blessing and three other Nigerian girls who travelled to Russia to either study or work to earn money to support their families back home but forced into prostitution in Russia were part of a photo project of Egorova about victims of huuman trafficking in Russia.

The girls were rescued by a charity organization who provided them accommodation in a dormitory and paid for their new passports.

The organisation revealed that the majority of Nigerians who unwillingly become prostitutes in Russia don’t understand local language and afraid to go to the police, adding that the only way for them to survive is to submit and do the biddings of their pimps.

—Culled from Naij.com

Re: Ordeal Of A Nigerian Prostitute In Russia by vivypretty(f): 4:27pm On Sep 08, 2015
ok.atleast they came bk alive

1 Like

Re: Ordeal Of A Nigerian Prostitute In Russia by therealdeal10: 4:39pm On Sep 08, 2015
Russia of all places, dat country dat hates black skin pipu

TnkGod 4 ur life

1 Like

Re: Ordeal Of A Nigerian Prostitute In Russia by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 08, 2015
Bullshiit! They forced a 23 year old into prostitution? What was her plan when she was leaving Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Ordeal Of A Nigerian Prostitute In Russia by cococandy(f): 4:45pm On Sep 08, 2015
Chai fine girl like this.

1 Like

Re: Ordeal Of A Nigerian Prostitute In Russia by cococandy(f): 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2015
Phema:
Bullshiit! They forced a 23 year old into prostitution? What was her plan when she was leaving Nigeria?

Phema it's possible o.

1 Like

Re: Ordeal Of A Nigerian Prostitute In Russia by funlord(m): 5:17pm On Sep 08, 2015
grin

Mgbeke of the diaspora association of nigeria members! Try another hustle okay? Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Ordeal Of A Nigerian Prostitute In Russia by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 08, 2015
cococandy:
Phema it's possible o.

I doubt that. She only didn't know how hard it would be.

1 Like

Re: Ordeal Of A Nigerian Prostitute In Russia by cococandy(f): 5:39pm On Sep 08, 2015
Phema:

I doubt that. She only didn't know how hard it would be.
I almost got roped into this nonsense when I was doing small time picture modeling.
That's why I can appreciate how easy it is to talk one into traveling out of the country for a job prospect or better education kind of deal. In fact when I said I no, I wasn't even aware they were traffickers just that it wasn't convenient for me to leave school and go do one job in a far away place. It wasn't until I'd finished my exams and had time to think about it that I became really glad I said no. Only God knows where I for wake up see myself.

They are every slick and thorough in their approach. If you're the type that's in a very bad place in life and desperate to move up ahead, you won't spot the holes in the arrangement until it's too late. Some do travel without knowing what's involved on the other side until they get there.

I could blame them for not being careful and doing their research well but not all of them go with the intention of going there to sleep with men.

1 Like

Re: Ordeal Of A Nigerian Prostitute In Russia by Onegai(f): 5:54pm On Sep 08, 2015
Modelling is an easy way to catch girls. It won't be sold to you as prostitution. They will use your picture as dp or on fb, then tell you someone wants to meet you, no strings attached and you can leave anytime you want.

If you're desperate you will believe anything, even when your gut knows something is wrong, you'll still agree because there seems to be no other way out. And Nigerian society respects only money, so God help all those "virtuous" poor ladies. A lot of wealthy and society Madames you see now, how do you think they got there? A lady told me about her classmate who went to Italy (when it was in fashion) whilst she stayed in Nigeria, cursing her out, judging them and pluming herself on her "virtuousness". Now, one is married in a 2 bedroom in Agege, she and her kids bus everywhere, count every kobo spent and a resentful husband is complaining that they are too expensive, the other lady has a shop in Ikeja and is building a home in Benin, her son is in a nice private school and gets driven everywhere. Who do you think is bitter?

Life isn't black and white and because you can afford certain morals doesn't make you better, if you're desperate, you'll do anything. It's gotten harder for me to judge these ladies (if they willingly agree to do prostitution then there's no need to be brutal to them, just collect your share of their profits and let them be, their lot in life is already tough).

Who knows maybe they told her it was Home service (House Help) she was going to do there.

2 Likes

Re: Ordeal Of A Nigerian Prostitute In Russia by eherbal(m): 6:52pm On Sep 08, 2015
Onegai:
Modelling is an easy way to catch girls. It won't be sold to you as prostitution. They will use your picture as dp or on fb, then tell you someone wants to meet you, no strings attached and you can leave anytime you want.

If you're desperate you will believe anything, even when your gut knows something is wrong, you'll still agree because there seems to be no other way out. And Nigerian society respects only money, so God help all those "virtuous" poor ladies. A lot of wealthy and society Madames you see now, how do you think they got there? A lady told me about her classmate who went to Italy (when it was in fashion) whilst she stayed in Nigeria, cursing her out, judging them and pluming herself on her "virtuousness". Now, one is married in a 2 bedroom in Agege, she and her kids bus everywhere, count every kobo spent and a resentful husband is complaining that they are too expensive, the other lady has a shop in Ikeja and is building a home in Benin, her son is in a nice private school and gets driven everywhere. Who do you think is bitter?

Life isn't black and white and because you can afford certain morals doesn't make you better, if you're desperate, you'll do anything. It's gotten harder for me to judge these ladies (if they willingly agree to do prostitution then there's no need to be brutal to them, just collect your share of their profits and let them be, their lot in life is already tough).

Who knows maybe they told her it was Home service (House Help) she was going to do there.
the most painful part of it all is that we can't give an account of the numerous innocent girls scattered around Africa and Europe, that's been tricked one way or the other, to ply this illicit Trade. Some are dead, with their relations and immediate family in the dark about their predicament and demise. It's so painful

(1) (Reply)

A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? / I Am A One Minute Man! / Naming Ceremony: Is It Compulsory?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.