Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari (2781 Views)

Jonathan's NNPC Appointments Were More One-sided Than Buhari's - 'APC' Rele / FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency / Appointment Were To Reward Loyal Friends Not On Merits; Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by Splashme: 9:25am On Sep 09, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has defended his recent appointments criticised by many Nigerians as lopsided, saying he nominated people he could trust, and who had worked with him for years.

The president said the Constitution allows him full control over the choice of his closest officials, and made it clear the appointments also served as reward for those who remained loyal to him for years, who refused to be lured by power or material wealth.

Mr. Buhari made the comments in an interview with BBC Hausa on Tuesday. It was his first direct response to the controversy generated by his first round of appointments.

The president also spoke on Chibok girls, military gains against Boko Haram and his administration’s war against corruption.

Mr. Buhari faced public outcry two weeks ago after naming the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, his Chief of Staff, head of Immigration and Customs, among others.

Critics slammed the decision as “lopsided”, as it became clear Mr. Buhari’s 30 nominations so far lack regional and gender balance.

An overwhelming majority of the president’s senior appointees are from the northern region of the country, where he comes from, and at least two are from his native Katsina State.
The South East has no appointee yet.

The president’s aides had earlier assured that subsequent appointments would ensure balance.
Asked by the BBC about the controversy, the president said, “This is the nature of Nigerian politics”.

“If they will do justice to me, as an elected Nigerian president, let them look at the Constitution a Nigerian president works with, there are people who will closely work with me that don’t need to be taken to the Senate,” he said of his critics, according to a translation of the BBC interview, by Daily Trust.

“If I select people whom I know quite well in my political party, whom we came all the way right from the APP, CPC and APC, and have remained together in good or bad situation, the people I have confidence in and I can trust them with any post, will that amount to anything wrong? I have been with them throughout our trying times, what then is the reward of such dedication and suffering?

“They did not defect because of positions, they did not involve themselves in the pursuit of personal gains, and they accepted their fate throughout our trying moments. What is wrong if I make you the secretary (of the federal government) because I have confidence that things will go normal?”

The president said Chibok girls, who were abducted in April 2014 by Boko Haram, had been dispersed and were kept in units at different locations.

He said many of the girls had been forced to convert to Islam.

“They have scattered them, and are being guarded at dispersed locations. Most of the girls are Christians and were forced to embrace Islam. And the sect’s cruel leaders have married some of the girls, obviously against their wish. Others have been left to practice their religion but their condition could hardly be ascertained.

“Both ground and air security personnel in the Sambisa forest could spot where the girls are, but since the insurgents have also kidnapped housewives and other women, no one could say whether they mixed them or how they dispersed them,” the president said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/189705-buhari-breaks-silence-over-lopsided-appointments-says-chibok-girls-dispersed.html

1 Like

Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by 9jatriot(m): 9:27am On Sep 09, 2015
Men who the lust of office could not buy.
Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by OVI75(m): 9:29am On Sep 09, 2015
Why would this man be making this kind of statements.

1 Like

Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by PentiumPro(f): 9:30am On Sep 09, 2015
I just love this man.
He may not do things that many Nigerians see as politically correct, but his honesty and straight-forwardness is simply infectious.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by lurther: 9:31am On Sep 09, 2015
But the yorubas are defending him, saying his appointments are based on merit.

Buhari himself is contradicting them, that all those he has appointed are thos loyal to him all this years. So, if you defected to his party from 2011, nothing for you oooo, Unless you have been with him since 2003.

Amaechi and Tinubu just joined him na, so nothing for them.

18 Likes

Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by Splashme: 9:32am On Sep 09, 2015
OVI75:
Why would this man be making this kind of statements.

It's a shame
This is President of a country oh . . .

4 Likes

Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by Splashme: 9:38am On Sep 09, 2015
They have been telling lies to Nigerians that appointments were based on merit.

If you tell one lie, you will need 5,000 other lies to defend it else it will be exposed.

12 Likes

Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by PAINGAIN: 9:39am On Sep 09, 2015
So buhari is rewarding them with federal appointments for sticking with him,and there I was thinking d appointments were based on merits. Ok o, I wonder what thosemasturbating masturbators will say about this. Lying liars.

4 Likes

Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by myqel(m): 9:44am On Sep 09, 2015
shocked lipsrsealed shocked

2 Likes

Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by OlaBlaize(m): 9:49am On Sep 09, 2015
where are those who were shouting that the appointments were based on merit

6 Likes

Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by Lordave: 9:50am On Sep 09, 2015
PentiumPro:
I just love this man.
He may not do things that many Nigerians see as politically correct, but his honesty and straight-forwardness is simply infectious.
How does his ass taste?

8 Likes

Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by PointB: 9:50am On Sep 09, 2015
So nepotism is now an official policy of this administration. Interesting...

4 Likes

Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by kennydee05(m): 9:50am On Sep 09, 2015
Sai Buhari till 2023
Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by Splashme: 9:55am On Sep 09, 2015
PointB:
So nepotism is now an official policy of this administration. Interesting...

1 Like

Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by DaGC(m): 9:58am On Sep 09, 2015
DaGC:
All I can say is goodluck to them in the discharge of their duties.
Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by Lordave: 9:58am On Sep 09, 2015
Look at what a president of a country as heterogeneous as Nigeria is saying with his Tuwo eating mouth?

Afee-cee soldier ants will call it honesty, but with all honesty this man is irredeemably daft. Imagine if it was GEJ that made this unnecessary utterance?

The economy is shrinking and this certificate-less Dullard is talking about and justifying his lopsided appointments.
Boko Haram is bombing the North-East repeatedly, the Chief of Army staff is posing for pictures like his Daura mentor and Afee-cee dicksuckers call it moral boosting.

What have done to ourselves?
The legacy GEJ left is fast decaying under Buhari's watch yet, he wants to steal the glory of constant power supply.

Buhari, revive our economy.

8 Likes

Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by wisdomguy4u(m): 10:48am On Sep 09, 2015
Buhari , all your loyal friends are all from North. Am not surprise bcus you are a tribal and religious bigot.

Your fulani brothers are slaughtering minority innocent men , women and children in the North, yet , you are keeping mute... I guess those herdmen are also your loyal friends.

7 Likes

Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by lagdmark(m): 11:01am On Sep 09, 2015
I thought they said Buhari appointed only men/women with credibility , now the same maalam booohari is only appointing his friends and relatives to reward dem all abookis

6 Likes

Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by omolami: 11:13am On Sep 09, 2015
In that case why are crying criers and APC calling it merits?

3 Likes

Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by dhantey324(m): 11:39am On Sep 09, 2015
Not surprised undecided

1 Like

Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by c33b33(m): 11:44am On Sep 09, 2015
Lol
Loyalty pays indeed. Credibility isn't needed in Buhari's government.
Sai Buhari! APC! Chanji!!
IPOB Youth

3 Likes

Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 09, 2015
I thought liar Mohammed said the appointments where based on merits?

I thought the Furhrer himself stated that he belonged to no one?

Chanji

3 Likes

Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 09, 2015
lagdmark:
I thought they said Buhari appointed only men/women with credibility , now the same maalam booohari is only appointing his friends and relatives to reward dem all abookis

You dey mind them.

3 Likes

Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by bugzbunny: 11:50am On Sep 09, 2015
Who dosent knw this.........
Bubu president of arewanistan...
Continue...

2 Likes

Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by bugzbunny: 11:51am On Sep 09, 2015
WombRaiders:
I thought liar Mohammed said the appointments where based on merits?

I thought the Furhrer himself stated that he belonged to no one?

Chanji
No mind the yoruba chameleons..traitors of d south

3 Likes

Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by wirinet(m): 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2015
OBJ said worse. He said loyalty was paramount in selecting aids. He said he prefers selecting retired military men into sensitive position because he could vouch for their loyalty. He appointed Ahmadu Ali as PDP chairman because of loyalty, he coerced Jonathan to be Vice to Yaradua because he was impressed with the degree of loyalty Jonathan had to Alamiesiegha. So in politics and military loyalty is of utmost importance.
Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by enkay2go(f): 12:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
Loyal friends? Buhari,I carry yansh for u sha.
Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by BlackrulesDworld(m): 12:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
Booari talks too much
Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by OrIandoOwoh(m): 12:06pm On Sep 09, 2015
Splashme:
President Muhammadu Buhari has defended his recent appointments criticised by many Nigerians as lopsided, saying he nominated people he could trust, and who had worked with him for years.

The president said the Constitution allows him full control over the choice of his closest officials, and made it clear the appointments also served as reward for those who remained loyal to him for years, who refused to be lured by power or material wealth.

Mr. Buhari made the comments in an interview with BBC Hausa on Tuesday. It was his first direct response to the controversy generated by his first round of appointments.

The president also spoke on Chibok girls, military gains against Boko Haram and his administration’s war against corruption.

Mr. Buhari faced public outcry two weeks ago after naming the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, his Chief of Staff, head of Immigration and Customs, among others.

Critics slammed the decision as “lopsided”, as it became clear Mr. Buhari’s 30 nominations so far lack regional and gender balance.

An overwhelming majority of the president’s senior appointees are from the northern region of the country, where he comes from, and at least two are from his native Katsina State.
The South East has no appointee yet.

The president’s aides had earlier assured that subsequent appointments would ensure balance.
Asked by the BBC about the controversy, the president said, “This is the nature of Nigerian politics”.

“If they will do justice to me, as an elected Nigerian president, let them look at the Constitution a Nigerian president works with, there are people who will closely work with me that don’t need to be taken to the Senate,” he said of his critics, according to a translation of the BBC interview, by Daily Trust.

“If I select people whom I know quite well in my political party, whom we came all the way right from the APP, CPC and APC, and have remained together in good or bad situation, the people I have confidence in and I can trust them with any post, will that amount to anything wrong? I have been with them throughout our trying times, what then is the reward of such dedication and suffering?

“They did not defect because of positions, they did not involve themselves in the pursuit of personal gains, and they accepted their fate throughout our trying moments. What is wrong if I make you the secretary (of the federal government) because I have confidence that things will go normal?”

The president said Chibok girls, who were abducted in April 2014 by Boko Haram, had been dispersed and were kept in units at different locations.

He said many of the girls had been forced to convert to Islam.

“They have scattered them, and are being guarded at dispersed locations. Most of the girls are Christians and were forced to embrace Islam. And the sect’s cruel leaders have married some of the girls, obviously against their wish. Others have been left to practice their religion but their condition could hardly be ascertained.

“Both ground and air security personnel in the Sambisa forest could spot where the girls are, but since the insurgents have also kidnapped housewives and other women, no one could say whether they mixed them or how they dispersed them,” the president said.
Say barber
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/189705-buhari-breaks-silence-over-lopsided-appointments-says-chibok-girls-dispersed.html
Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by mekaboy(m): 12:14pm On Sep 09, 2015
wirinet:
OBJ said worse. He said loyalty was paramount in selecting aids. He said he prefers selecting retired military men into sensitive position because he could vouch for their loyalty. He appointed Ahmadu Ali as PDP chairman because of loyalty, he coerced Jonathan to be Vice to Yaradua because he was impressed with the degree of loyalty Jonathan had to Alamiesiegha. So in politics and military loyalty is of utmost importance.

This is no longer about politics or party, but the destiny of over 100 million Nigerians.

You wont take someone that knows nothing about a sector and put him there because he is loyal to u.

Since all his friends and loyalists are from the north, why not contest for state governor?
Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by FreeGlobe(f): 12:14pm On Sep 09, 2015
Buhari mentioned his APP, CPC and APC. NO ACN And Rochas APGA.. Lmao at those foolsih southerners
Re: Appointments Were To Reward Loyal Friends - Buhari by mekaboy(m): 12:17pm On Sep 09, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Buhari mentioned his APP, CPC and APC. NO ACN And Rochas APGA.. Lmao at those foolsih southerners

lol, he is correct. If they could betray the south, then they cant be trusted.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

El-rufai Declares Free Education In Kaduna / Breaking News! Sen. Chimaroke Nnamani Wins at the tribunal / Deji Bans ‘eze Ndi Igbo’ Title In Akure, Demands Apology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.