Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation (5230 Views)

Activists Burn Coffin In Lagos To Protest Against Nigeria's Separation. Photos / Agitators For Nigeria’s Separation Will Wait For Another Four Millennia —Buratai / Market Women In Rivers State Protest Nullification Of Wike's Election (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by Elvis295(m): 12:01pm On Sep 09, 2015
One big mistake this APC government will make is to fuel the nullification of River State election. I say this with facts. The last election was very bloody. Both the PDP and APC had a gun battle in the election. In Buguma, some APC thugs set ablaze INEC office which led to the death of one corp member. No one is talking about this. There were lots of killings from both sides of the camp. Imagine that the election was nullified. The people in Rivers are mainly pro-PDP. I know APC would want to get power at all cost. This is where the battle line will be drawn. If you people think I am just blabbing wait until the end of the tribunal. Buhari should steer clear of Rivers else it will be the beginning of the fall of his government. Rivers people are not push-overs. Rivers people are resilient people that will never accept tyranny.

8 Likes

Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by DaBullIT(m): 12:44pm On Sep 09, 2015
HEhehehehe

Empty threats as usual

One state will cause seperation of Nigeria ?

Una no dey think at all ?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by glassjar1: 12:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
DIVIDE THE CESSPIT ,GBAM .

HELL ON EARTH .

NIGERIA = SPANISH WORD FOR NIGER IS DARK ,so therefore DARK AREA is NIGERIA . MOTHER OF NEGATIVITY

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by cidieschat(m): 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2015
Please no one should comment under me, this op is trying to raise unnecessary tension. So bro THREAD CLOSED

5 Likes

Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by kenny987(f): 1:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
DaBullIT:
HEhehehehe

Empty threats as usual

One state will cause seperation of Nigeria ?

Una no dey think at all ?

It starts from somewhere...could just be anywhere. APC should know that they did not have much on ground to sway such PDP strongholds like Rivers State. The best cause of action would have been to chill, develop their structures more in those areas they had the most defeat, showcase why they are a better option and then consolidate victory at the polls in 2019. It still is a matter of the choice of people and u know as well as I do that Nigerians are a mostly sentimental lot. All it takes is a conviction that a certain person or group is a collective enemy. They (APC) should not be expecting to clear it all in one fell swoop.

I just hope the tribunal is allowed to carry out its duties unfettered.

8 Likes

Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by DaBullIT(m): 1:11pm On Sep 09, 2015
Buhari did not interfere when saraki was smuggled in , I do not think he'll interfere in this election, APC members can not approve anything without the support of presidency , What will it take to assure people that PDP should stop wailing it's not worth it
kenny987:

It starts from somewhere...could just be anywhere. APC should know that they did not have much on ground to sway such PDP strongholds like Rivers State. The best cause of action would have been to chill, develop their structures more in those areas they had the most defeat, showcase why they are a better option and then consolidate victory at the polls in 2019. It still is a matter of the choice of people and u know as well as I do that Nigerians are a mostly sentimental lot. All it takes is a conviction that a certain person or group is a collective enemy. They (APC) should not be expecting to clear it all in one fell swoop.

5 Likes

Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by Kolade354(m): 1:13pm On Sep 09, 2015
kenny987:

Shut-it there gurl and save ya strength..........Rivers belongs to PDP, The o.p is just stvpid by trying to create tension!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by Goke7: 1:13pm On Sep 09, 2015
kenny987:

the question I keep asking is if rivers and akwa-ibom were really pdp strongholds as you are insinuating, why do we have all the irregularities there during the elections? My take is this if the rivers and akwaibom elections were very peaceful like we had in other states, the pdp would have won but by a small margin like the way apc won pdp in lagos by a small margin but the level of immaturity and impunity from the pdp became the problem, which they may likely to pay for it now and no matter of threats can hinder true justice.

The high level of political intolerance in the ss and se regions would continue to a problem until they grow up.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by Dasini: 1:14pm On Sep 09, 2015
Empty words as ever, agent of illegality, the reign of illegality and abnormality are over.

2 Likes

Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by kenny987(f): 1:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
And there u go laying irregularities solely at the feet of the PDP! As far as I am concerned both parties were equally complicit! My take is let the tribunal do its job fairly. If there is a nullification then the APC, being in charge of the FG and security personnel should not attempt to harass or intimidate citizens. Let them make their choices.

I just get irritated at Lagos elections because it is an APC state by all standards and Ambode was already slated to win yet a whole Oba had d immaturity and crassness to attack a particular group because he had an anointed candidate! When did electoral choice become a crime? Anyway, that one is subject for another discourse.

Goke7:

the question I keep asking is if rivers and akwa-ibom were really pdp strongholds as you are insinuating, why do we have all the irregularities there during the elections? My take is this if the rivers and akwaibom elections were very peaceful like we had in other states, the pdp would have won but by a small margin like the way apc won pdp in lagos by a small margin but the level of immaturity and impunity from the pdp became the problem, which they may likely to pay for it now and no matter of threats can hinder true justice.

The high level of political intolerance in the ss and se regions would continue to a problem until they grow up.

1 Like

Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by kenny987(f): 1:27pm On Sep 09, 2015
Kolade354:
Shut-it there gurl and save ya strength..........Rivers belongs to PDP, The o.p is just stvpid by trying to create tension!!!

U did not have any call to tell me to shut it. I aired my view without being rude and u should do same. Ur opinion is ur business. If u are going to respond to my post then u do so courteously and decently or steer clear.

4 Likes

Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by Demdem(m): 1:27pm On Sep 09, 2015
Foolish OP, Rubbish Post. U goons said worse things than this about if Jonah-daft shouldnt return as President.
The tribunal will decide and if she decides that it should be nullified and new elections conducted, so be it and u will have to live with it.
Rivers belong to all rivers people who are both in APC and PDP and not for one party alone.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by Goke7: 1:29pm On Sep 09, 2015
kenny987:
And there u go laying irregularities solely at the feet of the PDP! As far as I am concerned both parties were equally complicit! My take is let the tribunal do its job fairly. If there is a nullification then the APC, being in charge of the FG and security personnel should not attempt to harass or intimidate citizens. Let them make their choices.

I just get irritated at Lagos elections because it is an APC state by all standards and Ambode was already slated to win yet a whole Oba had d immaturity and crassness to attack a particular group because he had an anointed candidate! When did electoral choice become a crime? Anyway, that one is subject for another discourse.

so if both parties were involved, why is the pdp issuing threats of war if the tribunal doesn't go their way? and as for the lagos elections, was their war and bloodshed during the elections like it happened in rivers to buttress your point?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by Demdem(m): 1:29pm On Sep 09, 2015
cidieschat:
Please no one should comment under me, this op is trying to raise unnecessary tension. So bro THREAD CLOSED

They are stylishly watching the development and proceedings at the tribunal and fast dawning on them that it will take something extraordinary for Wike not to be booted out by the tribunal grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
Noise.
Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by orunto27: 1:36pm On Sep 09, 2015
Nullification would be confronting and slapping Nigerian faces recklessly.

1 Like

Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by kenny987(f): 1:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
Again, u have joined PDP in this issue. Look and see that this thread is the opinion of one person. The PDP did not make the statement or issue any to that effect. All they have asked for basically is non-interference. Besides the Op said nullification will mark the beginning of the separation of Nigeria. How is separation synonymous with war?

For Lagos, Oba was clear, that if PDP/Agbaje won then he and his descendants would drown in the lagoon and so on. There was no need for violence till after the elections which would most likely have been if PDP had defeated APC.

I just wonder still what justification he had cos Agbaje is as Yoruba and Lagosian as Ambode. Yorubas supported him just as some Igbos supported Ambode. U and I know for sure that it is not only Igbos that voted Agbaje in Lagos, so why did he not also threaten other Yorubas and other tribes that would vote Agbaje? What was he thinking or imagining?

Goke7:

so if both parties were involved, why is the pdp issuing threats of war if the tribunal doesn't go their way? and as for the lagos elections, was their war and bloodshed during the elections like it happened in rivers to buttress your point?

3 Likes

Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by themilanway(m): 1:38pm On Sep 09, 2015
I laugh when people try to attribute the Oba's unfortunate remark as the sole reason JK lost.

JK was never going to win Lagos.

PDP cannot win in Lagos in 10yrs time.

JK and PDP were simply licked.

6 Likes

Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by Demdem(m): 1:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
themilanway:
I laugh when people try to attribute the Oba's unfortunate remark as the sole reason JK lost.

JK was never going to win Lagos.

PDP cannot win in Lagos in 10yrs time.

JK and PDP were simply licked.

so true. JK was only kidding.

6 Likes

Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 09, 2015
The worst outcome of the tribunal for Wike would be a 're-run which he would still win.APC has little or no chance of winning any election in the SS/SE at the moment

2 Likes

Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by themilanway(m): 1:41pm On Sep 09, 2015
Goke7:

Well said.
Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by themilanway(m): 1:43pm On Sep 09, 2015
Demdem:

so true. JK was only kidding.

He was kidding himslef and his supporters right from day one.

His petition was threw out and he was also fined.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by Jaideyone(m): 1:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
another TANoid ranting. I thought asari said Nigeria will go up in flames if Jona looses? Buhari has been sworn in for over 100days now and you internet militants haven't been able to do anything.
Nothing will happen if rivers state goes to APC

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by AlPeter: 2:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
kenny987:
Again, u have joined PDP in this issue. Look and see that this thread is the opinion of one person. The PDP did not make the statement or issue any to that effect. All they have asked for basically is non-interference. Besides the Op said nullification will mark the beginning of the separation of Nigeria. How is separation synonymous with war?

For Lagos, Oba was clear, that if PDP/Agbaje won then he and his descendants would drown in the lagoon and so on. There was no need for violence till after the elections which would most likely have been if PDP had defeated APC.

I just wonder still what justification he had cos Agbaje is as Yoruba and Lagosian as Ambode. Yorubas supported him just as some Igbos supported Ambode. U and I know for sure that it is not only Igbos that voted Agbaje in Lagos, so why did he not also threaten other Yorubas and other tribes that would vote Agbaje? What was he thinking or imagining?

why didn't the Obasanjo threaten other tribes? Maybe it is because other tribes were not arrogant and disrespectful in the manner they show their support for Agbaje while the Ibos were running all over.
Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by kenny987(f): 3:02pm On Sep 09, 2015
AlPeter:

why didn't the Obasanjo threaten other tribes? Maybe it is because other tribes were not arrogant and disrespectful in the manner they show their support for Agbaje while the Ibos were running all over.

U see the problem! First we are referring to the Oba of Lagos and not Obasanjo. Secondly, who decides what qualifies as respect? How will someone show that they support someone other than by coming out en-masse to show support? What do u mean by disrespectful or arrogant please? Did the Igbos break a law by supporting Agbaje? Who are u or the Oba to demand respect from law-abiding citizens of Nigeria whom u did not extend any form of social welfare or charity to? Are they beholden to the Oba? Do they not pay their taxes and go about their businesses like other Lagosians? Just explain what respect and humility u feel the Igbos owed the Oba if not to bow to his wish and vote his choice? Is it now the place of the Oba to decide whom Lagosians should vote for? Please just explain.

2 Likes

Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by Agbgift(f): 3:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
Says who?
Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by gebest: 3:19pm On Sep 09, 2015
Elvis295:
One big mistake this APC government will make is to fuel the nullification of River State election. I say this with facts. The last election was very bloody. Both the PDP and APC had a gun battle in the election. In Buguma, some APC thugs set ablaze INEC office which led to the death of one corp member. No one is talking about this. There were lots of killings from both sides of the camp. Imagine that the election was nullified. The people in Rivers are mainly pro-PDP. I know APC would want to get power at all cost. This is where the battle line will be drawn. If you people think I am just blabbing wait until the end of the tribunal. Buhari should steer clear of Rivers else it will be the beginning of the fall of his government. Rivers people are not push-overs. Rivers people are resilient people that will never accept tyranny.
keep quiet, who appoint you our spoke man in Rivers State whether u like it or not APC must win Rivers State unless Wike is replaced by the PDP,wike is a bad market.
Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
The way PDP likes to paint themselves in noble colours and describe APC members as brutal and illiterate never ceases to amaze me. I would not be surprised if there is bloodshed WHEN APC wins
Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by emerged01(m): 3:40pm On Sep 09, 2015
incitement of violence is now a crime. only in Nigeria,a group of people threaten government with violence.
Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by kenny987(f): 4:42pm On Sep 09, 2015
emerged01:
incitement of violence is now a crime. only in Nigeria,a group of people threaten government with violence.

The op said separation. Is separation same as violence?

2 Likes

Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by emerged01(m): 4:50pm On Sep 09, 2015
kenny987:

The op said separation. Is separation same as violence?

Read to comprehend the body of the message not the title. The title says something differently from the body.

1 Like

Re: Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation by babaarewa(m): 4:59pm On Sep 09, 2015
That guy up there will disappear into thin air, should the elections tribunal nullify elections in Rivers state. Oya on your marks! get set!! ....

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Origin Of The Name, BIAFRA. / June 12: Let’s Build Bridges For Nigeria To Rise Again - Governor Abiodun / The Only Man Who Could Had Made Nigeria A World Giant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.