Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims (16289 Views)

Fayose Shares Money To Children Who Flocked Around Him After Project Inspection / Soldiers Lead Boko Haram Victims Back To Their Base In Borno State. See Photos / Osinbajo Meets With Boko Haram Victims In Maiduguri (graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by olaolulazio(m): 4:14pm On Sep 10, 2015
#change everywhere!
Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 10, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
He's a big fool.
He should let the foolish Boko haram kill all the Hausa & Yoruba tribe because those two tribes brought this calamity president into power.

They need no help.
You're killing your own tribe, I don't give a flying & swimming fucckk.

Bros...easy nah! Did you read the post at all? Those are the children of Anambrans who were living in Taraba that were killed by the insurgents not hausa and yoruba children.

6 Likes

Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by fernandooleku(m): 4:15pm On Sep 10, 2015
prince3009:
The compassionate Governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano has reached out to the survivors of the 12 men who were slain by members of Boko Haram at Mubi, Taraba State in Januray 2014 and awarded scholarships to their children.
In a most horrifying killing spree, the members of the Boko Haram jihadists had slain 12 men who all hailed from Adazi Nnukwu, Anaocha Local Government Area of Anambra State.

The casualties – Amaechi Onwudike, Obinna Akuwke, Osita Aforka, Ukamaka Aforka, Uchenna Okpala, Ugochukwu Ezenwekwe, John Obiakonwa, Patrick Agbachi, Job Mgbemena, Bede Anagbado and Sunday Okoye were gunned down when they gathered in the house of one Mr. Simeon Asoh, a fellow towns man who has been killed the previous day by the same sect members, to deliberate on his burial plans.

The brutal murder of the victims plunged their families into the wilderness of want and deprivation, threatening the education of their children.
But in a clear demonstration of his increasingly familiar humane side, Governor Obiano has handed scholarships to the children to ensure that their education and proper development is not truncated by the sudden death of their fathers.

The children of the Boko Haram victims were among the 82 students and pupils who received scholarship funds and incentives totalling about 11 million naira from the governor as a humanitarian gesture.

Other beneficiaries include the highly promising students of Dennis Memorial Grammar School Onitsha who represented Nigeria at the World Schools Debating Championship in Singapore this year as well as some students living with disability.

Other categories beneficiaries include the children of the late former commissioner for science and technology, Mr. Chike Okoli and the children of other citizens of the state who died in active service.

Presenting the cheques to the beneficiaries at the Governor’s Lodge, Amawbia, Governor Obiano explained that the gesture to the children of Boko Haram victims was in keeping with his resolve to always remain sensitive to the pulse of Ndi Anambra and to ensure that no Anambra child is denied education on the basis of their inability to pay the school fees.
“I am very proud that for the past three years, Anambra has remained tops in both WAEC and NECO exams. We are continuing to build solid foundations for such progress to continue. It is also an opportunity to sympathize with Ndi Anambra that were forced to come down here because of the challenges we are having in the North-East geopolitical zone of the country and to show them that we share in their losses. Before now, we have been distributing food items to them and this largesse is to tell them that we are not going to leave them,” said the Governor.

Earlier the Commissioner for Education, Professor Kate Omenugha said the State Education Sector was able to register numerous landmarks because the Governor has remained committed to the academic development of the students as well as the welfare of the teachers.
Said she, “Since this administration came into office, it has distributed over 30 million naira in scholarships. Some of these scholarships were inherited from the past administration and in the light of continuity, it upheld them while instituting others through the Ministry of Education.
This edition is unique in that it encompasses special students in keeping with the present administration’s commitment to ensure that the learning needs of all are met irrespective of status”.

Some of the beneficiaries including Master Chiagozie Udorji, an SS1 student of Dennis Memorial Grammar School, Onitsha who was part of Nigeria’s Contingent to the 2015 World School’s Debate Championship in Singapore and Kelvin Anozie, a student of ANSU who is on scholarship for emerging the overall best Igbo student in the 2008 WAEC Exam.

Also speaking on behalf of the beneficiaries, Kelvin Anozie said the investment made in the education sector was the driving factor behind their successes and assured that they would continue to utilize the scholarship to make the state proud.

In an emotion-laden voice, one of the widows from Adazi-Nnukwu who received incentives on behalf of her five children, Mrs Agatha Aghachi noted that since she lost her husband, life has been hard for her and her children and assured that the funds would go a long way in supporting her children’s education, describing Governor Obiano as a true leader who has the welfare of his people at heart.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/AnambraOnline/posts/865134460231490:0
dat girl wey dey left jst bone her face, she b like: baba who tell u say I won go school? Abeg giv me cash make I take am flex, cos na to bcom hairdresser na im dey my mind
Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by mekano1980: 4:15pm On Sep 10, 2015
If other state governors can emulate this, and not depending on the Federal government for bail out fund. The only governor that increase his workers salary when other states are begging for bail out from the Federal government.

I hail you my action governor

9 Likes

Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by adedayourt(m): 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by omolami: 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
Unlike governors from the north.

10 Likes

Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
el rufai and obiano for ever

1 Like

Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by Shehucom(m): 4:17pm On Sep 10, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
He's a big fool.
He should let the foolish Boko haram kill all the Hausa & Yoruba tribe because those two tribes brought this calamity president into power.

They need no help.

What is this one saying Swimming fucckking fooool
Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by Achilies(m): 4:17pm On Sep 10, 2015
Some people will just comment without actually reading the post.

Haba.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by chiedu7: 4:18pm On Sep 10, 2015
Excellent as GMB is busy rewarding Boko Haram members somebody is busy remembering the victims.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by NOTRIBE: 4:19pm On Sep 10, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
He's a big fool.

They need no help.
BROS YOU ARE NOT MAKING SENSE AT ALL, YOU BITTERNESS IS MAKING YOU LOOK INSENSITIVE AND STUPID, BESIDES ALL THE NAMES I READ ABOVE ARE IGBO NAMES... SANITY IS REQUIRED AT CERTAIN POINT!!!

1 Like

Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by ADwagir: 4:22pm On Sep 10, 2015
INTROVERT:
very good
hhh
Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by Seawhy(m): 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2015
Sir, may God bless you, your family and any thing you lay your hand on,
for helping these children. You will never lack and your children children will never suffer.
God will continue to bless you even as you made these children happy in life.
INJ name - Amen.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by judiciarypalava: 4:29pm On Sep 10, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
He's a big fool.

They need no help.

Do madness and stupidity transmit on 3G?
Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by softvio(m): 4:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
MusaIbrahim1:

Did you read the story at all?

that was what i wanted to ask the tribal bigot..most of them come here to claim the Dangotes,Otedolas n Obas riches...just watch out soon
Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
Well, obviously the deed has been done, the vacuum will still be their. May God Father and Mother You All...

Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by ADwagir: 4:31pm On Sep 10, 2015
very gud
Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by Armaggedon: 4:32pm On Sep 10, 2015
60% of people who commented before me read only the headline. Too bad.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by babadem2much(m): 4:32pm On Sep 10, 2015
may God bless this man n his generation. good gesture
Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by quadridam(m): 4:32pm On Sep 10, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
He's a big fool.

They need no help.
alaye u talk no sence
Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by ADwagir: 4:33pm On Sep 10, 2015
chiedu7:
Excellent as GMB is busy rewarding Boko Haram members somebody is busy remembering the victims.

see u fool
Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by Armaggedon: 4:33pm On Sep 10, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
He's a big fool.

They need no help.
they are Anambra children whose fathers were killed in north east.
Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by isan(m): 4:34pm On Sep 10, 2015
[quote author=BabyDaddy20 post=37872656]He's a big fool.

They need no help.
You're killing your own tribe, I don't give a flying & swimming fucckk.[/quotethe effect of expire weed ]
Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by joebeckz(m): 4:34pm On Sep 10, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
He's a big fool.

They need no help.
you would have read fully before commenting bro.

the victims he offered scholarship were igbos who last their relatives in the north. and stopped tribalism, show some respect,decorum and dignity to your personality.
if you have issues with a particular tribe, constructively voice out your opinion and not act like you still are suckling from a silicon breasst.
Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by softvio(m): 4:35pm On Sep 10, 2015
fernandooleku:
dat girl wey dey left jst bone her face, she b like: baba who tell u say I won go school? Abeg giv me cash make I take am flex, cos na to bcom hairdresser na im dey my mind

hahahaha Nairalanders!! You people can zoom..how you use see her mind?
Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by athaboi(f): 4:38pm On Sep 10, 2015
ExInferis:
Igbo propaganda

Those fools died as a result of fratricide.
little kids now have access to internet! It may be to bad for the coming generations.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by lilmizwierd(f): 4:38pm On Sep 10, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
He's a big fool.

They need no help.
Read and understand phulease
Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by lawak: 4:42pm On Sep 10, 2015
i guess you need the scholarship too so as to learn to read before making comments

BabyDaddy20:
He's a big fool.

They need no help.
Re: Obiano Awards Scholarship To Children Of Boko Haram Victims by Robinhood477: 4:45pm On Sep 10, 2015
JoeCutie:
Awww. Chukwu gozierem Governor Obiano, nwoke oma na-eme ihe di mma. smiley

Chukwu goziekwa Ndi Anambra.
Anambra is always on the right tracks.

I've never been more proud of my state.
Anambra State... The light of the nation. smiley

God bless bros.
GOD bless gov. obiano
GOD BLESS NDI ANAMBRA
GOD BLESS NDI IGBO
GOD BLESS MY FAMILY
GOD BLESS D NATION

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: PDP Begins Search For Candidate / Supreme Court Dismisses Alaibe’s Appeal Against Governor Diri / FG Declares Dec 26th & 27th, Jan 2nd As Public Holidays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.