Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,074 members, 7,852,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:53 PM

Tukur To Buhari: Don’t Appoint Job Seekers As Ministers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tukur To Buhari: Don’t Appoint Job Seekers As Ministers (680 Views)

Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) / Osinbajo To Swear-In Ocheni And Hassan's As Ministers Tomorrow / Court Sentences Mu’ammar Tukur To Death By Hanging In Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tukur To Buhari: Don’t Appoint Job Seekers As Ministers by emamos: 6:41am On Sep 11, 2015
Former National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Bamanga Tukur
*. Says PDP paid dearly for his exit
Onyebuchi Ezigbo in Abuja
Elder statesman and former National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, on Thursday advised President Muhammadu Buhari not to succumb to the antics of lobbyists but to give ministerial appointments to those who merit them and would be ready to deliver on the job.
Tukur, while reflecting on the bitter loss suffered by his party in the last presidential polls, said his forceful exist from the party and subsequent jettisoning of the ideals of internal democracy had cost the former ruling party victory in the last presidential election.
Speaking with journalists at his residence as part of the programme to mark his 80th birthday in Abuja, the politician and business tycoon said the activities and actions of President Buhari in the last 100 days had shown that he had kept faith with what he promised Nigerians.
On the controversies over Buhari’s delay in making ministerial appointments, he advised that the president should not look the way of those scrambling to secure jobs as ministers but should rather focus on those who possess the wherewithal to deliver on the job.
“Don’t give jobs to those who want the job but give it to those whom the job wants., he said”
Also in passing his assessment on Buhari’s 100 days, Tukur said: “It is not for me to assess. A hundred days became a kind of syndrome. What Buhari has said is that he wants to confront corruption, he want to confront insecurity and he wants to confront unemployment and empower, by these he has set the agenda and it is going on.”
On the humiliating defeat meted out to the PDP in the last presidential poll, Tukur said it was all about the nature of democracy, where there must be parties in opposition and another one in government, adding that it was the people that decided who they wanted to vote for.
The former party chairman who blamed his party for failing to convince Nigerians on what it had in stock for them, said it was left for the PDP and its leaders to find out why they were removed from power.
He said he was very much convinced that the fate of the PDP would have been different if he had been allowed to manage its affairs during the 2015 general election.
“Well, when I was there, I won elections and in the same vein, if I were there also, I expect to win the election,” he said.
Going down memory lane, Tukur said his major sin why he was ousted from office was because of his believe in election and insistence on internal democracy.
He also said some influential members of the PDP did not feel at home with his programmes meant to reposition the party.
“Well, I thought we were in a system of democracy and my views are such that what I believe in is what I will preach. I want election and people say they want selection. If the majority, the strong people in the PDP did not believe in it then the choice or the next thing for me to do was to leave.
“It is either I leave or they leave but I did not want them to leave so I decided to leave. At that time, people said I am preaching internal democracy instead of imposition. I had drawn up cardinal programmes and I captioned them my agenda, if you will remember - the triple R. I think that any good leader will do tell people what you want to do and if they agree with you without any protest then it is carry- go. As for zoning, nobody is faulting zoning, what we are saying is let the people decide on what they want. This is the democracy we are talking about, the rule by the majority.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/tukur-to-buhari-don-t-appoint-job-seekers-as-ministers/219960/
lalasticlala
Re: Tukur To Buhari: Don’t Appoint Job Seekers As Ministers by emamos: 6:42am On Sep 11, 2015
apc slogan don affect pa tukur
Re: Tukur To Buhari: Don’t Appoint Job Seekers As Ministers by amadice(m): 6:42am On Sep 11, 2015
Re: Tukur To Buhari: Don’t Appoint Job Seekers As Ministers by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 11, 2015
And who are the job seekers? Do you mean PMB shouldn't appoint fresh graduayes ? abi you are referring to FFK and Tinubu? Because I am also a job seeker.
Proudly an Ondo Ekimogun
Re: Tukur To Buhari: Don’t Appoint Job Seekers As Ministers by INTROVERT(f): 6:43am On Sep 11, 2015
Re: Tukur To Buhari: Don’t Appoint Job Seekers As Ministers by 48noble(m): 6:44am On Sep 11, 2015
A sale out ...the damage u caused cost GEJ a 2nd term. U should be wailing in shame.twaaa!
Re: Tukur To Buhari: Don’t Appoint Job Seekers As Ministers by ellabooz(f): 6:44am On Sep 11, 2015
Tukur e Don do.
Re: Tukur To Buhari: Don’t Appoint Job Seekers As Ministers by ebbybest(f): 6:45am On Sep 11, 2015
ok
Re: Tukur To Buhari: Don’t Appoint Job Seekers As Ministers by jessejunior(m): 6:46am On Sep 11, 2015
E don talk beta b daht undecided
Re: Tukur To Buhari: Don’t Appoint Job Seekers As Ministers by Nobody: 6:47am On Sep 11, 2015
[quote author=INTROVERT post=37890986][/quote] Wetin happen?
Re: Tukur To Buhari: Don’t Appoint Job Seekers As Ministers by MrZachs(m): 6:48am On Sep 11, 2015
This man ahain...
Re: Tukur To Buhari: Don’t Appoint Job Seekers As Ministers by ORACLE1975(m): 6:49am On Sep 11, 2015
look who is talking
Re: Tukur To Buhari: Don’t Appoint Job Seekers As Ministers by Nobody: 6:51am On Sep 11, 2015
INTROVERT:
[/quote]
[quote author=olafisoyeibukun post=37891044] Wetin happen?
She just marked you for sacrifice to the gods of FTC. Better go and pray.
Re: Tukur To Buhari: Don’t Appoint Job Seekers As Ministers by laurel03(m): 7:10am On Sep 11, 2015
Tukur self dey form good person.....
Re: Tukur To Buhari: Don’t Appoint Job Seekers As Ministers by free2ryhme: 8:08am On Sep 11, 2015
take the advise, Buhari
Re: Tukur To Buhari: Don’t Appoint Job Seekers As Ministers by omenka(m): 8:20am On Sep 11, 2015
Who sought this man's opinion?? Dude's been blabbing for two days now- seems he just came out of coma.
Re: Tukur To Buhari: Don’t Appoint Job Seekers As Ministers by orisa37: 8:22am On Sep 11, 2015
Tukur is right. Job seekers always turn to Funds looters.

(1) (Reply)

Clearing The Fact Why Igbo's Left There Mother Land / Kebbi Chief Judge Killed In Saudi Stampede / So You Want To Be Minister? Read This And Despair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.