Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl (8136 Views)

5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. / What Kind Of Woman Would You Love To Marry- Choose (picture) / ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by bhumeeus: 2:37pm On Apr 07, 2009
My late friend is calabar + christian.She was dating this yoruba guy who was muslim.She got pregnant at some point and the guy was ready to marry her but her late dad's family wont agree to that because of his religion (maybe plus the tribe sef).My friend had a set of twin girls 2weeks ago but unfrotunately she died a few hours after child birth. cry cry cry

Now the late girl's family wont allow the guy have any right over the babies talkless of claiming them. Their reason being that he wasnt married to their daughter, and he's not recognized as their inlaw.

Now they've given him a condition that he must do marital rites on the girls corpse(as in formally marry d dead girl) if he's gonna see his kids again(talkless of fathering them).

IN THIS JET AGE!!!
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by Akinagirl(f): 2:53pm On Apr 07, 2009
shocked
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by uchey(f): 3:34pm On Apr 07, 2009
Thats the most bizarre thing i have ever heard! shocked
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by MrCrackles(m): 4:01pm On Apr 07, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by codedguy1(m): 4:10pm On Apr 07, 2009
MrCrackles:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by Seun(m): 4:11pm On Apr 07, 2009
What does it cost him to do those rites? Costs him nothing. The parents are in pain, that's all.
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by bigfather(m): 4:18pm On Apr 07, 2009
No big deal. If for the sake of the children.
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by ononogbu(f): 4:21pm On Apr 07, 2009
that is wickedness in high places shocked tongue embarassed sad wink smiley kiss cry
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by opensource(m): 4:23pm On Apr 07, 2009
the parents probably doesn't want lose out on both side.

Their daughter and the kids

But its kind of weird for them to have suggested such
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by mykali(m): 4:25pm On Apr 07, 2009
what sort of crap is that? marry a dead chic?  shocked

take them to court ASAP!!!  angry
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by honsule(m): 4:26pm On Apr 07, 2009
that is preposterous
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by otikpoko(m): 4:29pm On Apr 07, 2009
That is what happens if a person don't get properly married.Assuming the boy married the girl before she got pregnant,the parents wouldn't have told the boy to marry her dead corpse.Serves him right tongue.This is what happens when human's try to prove that they are wiser than God.
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by Obonbo: 4:31pm On Apr 07, 2009
[i][/i] cheesy shocked i'll do it so far i don't have to make love to her dead body, its all for the kids,nothin more
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 07, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked tongue tongue lipsrsealed
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by RemKen: 4:36pm On Apr 07, 2009
no big deal? may be not. I leave in the east and we have office in calabar too, someone from west for instance wouldn't know what this is all about, but before we can actually say if it worth doing, lets ask the poster to throw more light as in telling us what the family are asking him to do.

some may want to deny it, but in this part of nigeria, we have seen and heard of situations where the man (not realy from west, east, north or south it doesn't matter) was asked to sleep in the same room they kept the corpse of the woman for some days as part of the marriage rites.

if the man involved will have to do such things, I will advise him to go on with his life while he keeps watchful eyes on the girls, they will look for him one day, if it were to be me, I will ensure i secretely record (thanks to GSM wonders) some of my conversations with the family as proofs to defend my actions incase the family poison the minds of the kids because I know for sure, the kids will look for their father one day. Watch NTA News Line on Sundays to get better clues, God bless you,

I rest my case
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by Obonbo: 4:40pm On Apr 07, 2009
[i][/i][b][/b] cheesy grin i wonder why are we so suprised are we not in naija? last time i checked we are. so this things happen, sebi na the one wey we hear. Abeg, get over it, do it @ least for your kids.Its da dark Continent baby,stuff like this happen.
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 07, 2009
Seun:

What does it cost him to do those rites?  Costs him nothing.  The parents are in pain, that's all.
Seun you're so wierd  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I bet you can't even do what you're suggesting. . . .

Marriage is a symbol of a "beginning" or for "birth" for some people. . . .hmm sha
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by TayoD1(m): 4:45pm On Apr 07, 2009
@topic,

Let him go to court simple. No court will deprive him custody of his children if proven they are his.
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by jeo2005: 4:52pm On Apr 07, 2009
angry shocked shocked shocked sad
sorry for the dead but the parent must be out of their senses [color=#9[color=#990000][/color]embarassed
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by JustGood(m): 4:53pm On Apr 07, 2009
Dem chop craze?
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by texazzpete(m): 4:59pm On Apr 07, 2009
otikpoko:

That is what happens if a person don't get properly married.Assuming the boy married the girl before she got pregnant,the parents wouldn't have told the boy to marry her dead corpse.Serves him right tongue.This is what happens when human's try to prove that they are wiser than God.

Apparently you're too stupid to read. It was clearly stated in the article that the guy wanted to marry the girl. How could you have missed that?
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by Rekky(f): 5:03pm On Apr 07, 2009
It is well.
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by JustGood(m): 5:04pm On Apr 07, 2009
haba! stupid?

No need for that in there
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by Grouppoint(m): 5:06pm On Apr 07, 2009
Maybe he can marry the picture of the deceased.

At least that one is common practice in engagement ceremonies when one or both parties are abroad.
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by reality4us(m): 5:07pm On Apr 07, 2009
It is a normal practise in many places. I know that if you have been living with a woman no matter how long and have children with her, if she dies you must come to pay for her bride price before ever attempting to bury her. By so doing it is now accepted that she is your wife and not a concubine.

It happens in so many paces and I am in full support of it. You cannot just "abduct" another man's daughter without paying for her and at the end you present them with a dead body. In so many customs, impregnanting a girl without paying the dowry does not automatically confer you the status of a husband to her or a father to the children.

The guy should go and pay the dowry period.
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by cvibe: 5:08pm On Apr 07, 2009
Till Death do us part.
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by coolboy100(m): 5:13pm On Apr 07, 2009
the boy should go and do the what the parent whant him to do, one if he want the childrean, and for the love of there mother, if he loved her,that will not stop him from marrying another girl, let him do what the parent want, that is my opinion.
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by tpia: 5:17pm On Apr 07, 2009
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by amaikama(m): 5:27pm On Apr 07, 2009
The muslim man had a case to sue their sorry ass for the custody of his children angry in this modern world we still regard religion as a bariar to a happy life. how very unfortunate cry
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by JustGood(m): 5:30pm On Apr 07, 2009
I dont think anyone has a legal right to hold any child away from the parent without a court ruling so the guy should just walk up to them and retrieve what belongs to him.
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by amaikama(m): 5:31pm On Apr 07, 2009
all of u that are saying he should go ahead to marry the corps. u are all blind!!  angry he wanted to marry the girl. just because he is a muslim he was not given the permission to marry her. he didn't deny the pregnancy ooohhh people  angry'he was rejected just because he is a muslim. my advice to him. he should not do any rite whatsoever. he should take them to court and sue them period.  angry
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 07, 2009
na waoooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Girls Age And Marriageable Age: Is This True Courtship? / Can't Find A Wife / Father Of Boy In Viral Kids Wedding Photos Finally Speaks Up, Shocks Critics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.