Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,079 members, 7,838,720 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl (8148 Views)

5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. / What Kind Of Woman Would You Love To Marry- Choose (picture) / ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by kemisuga(f): 1:37pm On Apr 09, 2009
Short of Words!!! undecided undecided lipsrsealed
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by viclee009: 8:11pm On Apr 09, 2009
grin grin grin in that case the girls family should get the dead girl to say I DO with her mounth during the ceremony. tongue tongue
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by hackney(m): 8:27pm On Apr 09, 2009
That calabar sef;completely entrenched in witchcraft and other diabolical beliefs.
Na so if garri spoil them go say na witch-child cause am
R they stupid or what?

seriously sad sad
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by awoll(f): 11:13pm On Apr 09, 2009
@poster,

na wa oo undecided, i suggest that he doesn't do anything oo cuz who knows what they'll say next after he pays the bride price and does the marriage rites,

i watched a nigerian home video some time back and this is exactly(well almost what happened-he wasnt ready to marry but claimed he liked her), then somehow, she died from complications arising from an abortion or miscarriage or something like that and he was asked to do the rites since she died been expectant with his child,

and he thought it was just a piece of cake!!! until he was asked to do with his new bride what is normally expected of newly weds to do on their wedding night!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

oti ooo, for real, ie consummate the whole process shocked shocked shocked

then what next? abeg, his daughters will look for him but he should keep a close tab with them,
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by bayo6(m): 12:38am On Apr 10, 2009
The Law in Nigeria is dead or not active.Question is the chap named as biological father?.Can a DNA be done?. If all is in favour of the chap he has the right to claim the kids no matter what and how the parents feel or what their culture wishes.If he really wants the kids he shpuld sample the opinion of the court for redress.
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by kritikul(f): 9:45am On Apr 10, 2009
They did not allow him to marry her when she was alive, now that she's dead. He shouldn't bother, who know there might be some spirituality involved in the marriage which they might not reveal to him. He may marry her and not be able to marry anyone else, who knows. The kids must surely find their dad when they grow up.
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by bintab(f): 9:59am On Apr 10, 2009
@poster,it amazed me this can happened at this era,if they refused him to marry her when she was alive why in the world will they now want him to marry her when she is dead.This is absolutely devilish wether custom or tradition.The guy or his family should never consented to such aggreement.Marriage is communion between the living and not between the dead and living. Any  sort of consent wether it invoved the guy indirectly with only the use of material things(money included)or directly with him physically present shoud be vehemently refused,it means a covenant i dont care how other people sees it. One life  to live .For the kids,they will grow and will definitely hear this story.I am sure they will not blame their father for not marrying their mum in death the consequent is to great.
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by ayodot(m): 10:18am On Apr 10, 2009
@otupko, are u from the whole eastern part of the country or a traditional chief. I was only saying what I heard
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by ozigbo(m): 11:06am On Apr 10, 2009
I am sorry for guy but there is nothing he can do now,
that is culture for him.
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by pj1(f): 11:22am On Apr 10, 2009
i think in the eastern part of the world they actually sell their children to their husbands so think its because the girl has not been sold ie she has not brought in money for the parents and family, that is why they are asking him to do the marriage right so i think the guy shold just find plenty money give them ASAP
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by joyAA(f): 12:22pm On Apr 10, 2009
thats so unfair,
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by Tuyis: 1:59pm On Apr 10, 2009
Where is the problem here? Get a prove of paternity, go to the courts and get custody of your kids, period. It doesn't matter what they want you to marry or not marry.
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by ChiefD(m): 8:07pm On Apr 10, 2009
for the sake of those that might encounter this kind of situation in future and for the poster, there is still a law in nigeria. although many are ignorant of the fact that the law still aids people in nigeria. the man in question has a very good case if he goes to court.customs and traditions are considered in nigerian legal sys BUT NOT WHEN IT IS REPULGNANT TO NATURAL JUSTICE which is prevalent in this situation.the law provides that a biological parent has a right to custody of his/her child except in seriously certified mental situations. the man should sue for custody, marital ties or no marital ties is not a barrier to his right of custody. i also gather that the girl's father is late and the mom has no say in the decision of the husband's people which suggests that its just a collective kindred decision which makes it impossible to pinpoint who actually is going to take care of the welfare of the kids amongst them and we all know that collective kindred contribution will never work in taking care of the education and where with all of those kids. so i believe 100% that the guy will get the kids with his proof of paternity , and the fact that the tussle for the custody is not between him and the biological mother but against a kindred . the court must always put the welfare and the interest of the children first before any tradition or demands.again the law recognises marriage as a union between two consenting adults who must physically agree to be married ,in this case the other party is dead and cannot consent. the guy should ignore any threat of his not being able to claim his kids if he does not marry a dead woman who they did not even agree for him to marry when she was alive. the law will back him completely .
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by Emeka229: 7:40am On Apr 11, 2009
they are wicked. As long as they did not allow him to marry her its not his faut
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by ovo2000(m): 9:25am On Apr 11, 2009
As a Christian, you need to commit it to God to show you the way forward. Remain bless.[img]http://[/img][img][/img]
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by ikayy(m): 3:19pm On Apr 11, 2009
Its best he goes to court. For crying out loud, the parents refused him from marrying her while she was still breathing, now shes dead u expect him to grab the so called opportunity of become their inlaw with open hands so that he can have whats rightfully his. Thanks but no thank. if am the one i will pass. I rather go to court.

Just for the record. Should i lose the case i still won't marry the corpse.
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by angellucy: 3:09pm On Apr 12, 2009
hi,in my place, things like this happen. it's about culture,u know?since she is bearing kids 4 u.in my state the otokpa people practice such.
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by royalicon(m): 11:37pm On Apr 13, 2009
He should have know their culture before giving the girl 'bele'.
Sorry anyway, pray for God intervention.
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by Syzkah(f): 6:26pm On Apr 14, 2009
people,
let us get it right come on!we shd stop acting as if we dont know how this works.nobody's asking him to marry a corpse,hell,i'm sure the lady's been buried.let's not act as if we dont know that if a man does nothing on a woman's head,she or nothing that comes from her can he lay any claim to.i think the ceremony's just formalty,ok?its trad marriage not church or court,abi which bride him go kiss?lol.another instance is where a woman has kids for a man and she dies,b4 she can be burried either the husband or her grown kids has to marry her abi we wan talk say we never hear the kind b4?easterners where are u?
in my opinion its not a big deal.he shd do the rites or forget about the kids,we shouldnt eat our cake and still try to have it!
i don talk finish and make we try dey ask questions as to our traditions and rites in order to have a clearer picture of the consequences of any of our actions.una stay well,
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by Ndipe(m): 9:13pm On Apr 14, 2009
Syzkah:

people,
let us get it right come on!we shd stop acting as if we dont know how this works.nobody's asking him to marry a corpse,hell,i'm sure the lady's been buried.let's not act as if we  dont know that if a man does nothing on a woman's head,she or nothing that comes from her can he lay any claim to.i think the ceremony's just formalty,ok?its trad marriage not church or court,abi which bride him go kiss?lol.another instance is where a woman has kids for a man and she dies,b4 she can be burried either the husband or her grown kids has to marry her abi we wan talk say we never hear the kind b4?easterners where are u?
in my opinion its not a big deal.he shd do the rites or forget about the kids,we shouldnt eat our cake and still try to have it!
i don talk finish and make we try dey ask questions as to our traditions and rites in order to have a clearer picture of the consequences of any of our actions.una stay well, 

Are you serious? lipsrsealed
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 14, 2009
shocked shocked shocked na waoooooooooo,it's jst unfortunate d girl died but which one is marry her corpse,wat point are her people trying to make,abeg allow d girl 2 rest in peace,i feel sorry 4 d guy,having no acess to his children.so such senselesss nd rootlesss traditions still exit.GOD SAVE US ALL.
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by akinoluyem: 8:57am On Apr 15, 2009
This is stupid. Please can anyone in the house marry a dead body. This is not done. Adam married life Eve and so on.

Meanwhile, there is already an agreement between the muslim husband and the dead christian wife (i.e Children). What else? Dowry or what? How much can he pay to what the value of the girl right from birth to adulthood, so therefore dowry id not compulsory, what is needed is the agreement between the two parties to have a happy home. In fact, the guy wanted to even pay the dowry, but he was not given the chance. So, what is his fault?

Pleeeaaase, as for me I will not advise him to marry the corpse, this might be a trick for him to be killed. Can you imagine, someone they did not what him to marry when alive, now wanted him to marry her corpse through rite (this is ritual), please don't do such thing, you might die within few days after the rite. I heard of someone who did such and died like seven (7) days after the marriage with corpse (also calaba girl corpse), so please beware!!!

Anytime, any day, you are the father of your child, blood is always ticker that water, your child will ask after you and you will meet one day. But you can even take a legal step by going to court and claim your child, nobody can dispute that, since wanted to marry her but they did not allow it.

I pray the Creator of the universe will see you through.
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 15, 2009
how can u marry someone in absentia. its all a waste of time. it dosnt stop the guy 4rm remarrying. the late girls parents better tak gud kia of the babies .
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by isukacece: 2:23pm On Apr 15, 2009
considering the fact that he was ready to marry her
before her death,he should go ahead and marry her.
because of the future of his twins.
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by Gossipgurl(f): 7:08am On Apr 16, 2009
Somtyms d threads posted amazes me.Ppl r downryt daft or jst plain stupid.Dose of u suggestin dt he marry her corpse,dnt u read dt he offered 2marry her alive & her folks refusd?He shld take dem 2crt wif dia barbaric traditn.Its repugnant 2 natural justice,equity & gud conscience.No crt in d land wil stand 4it,
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by Gossipgurl(f): 7:14am On Apr 16, 2009
Somtyms d threads posted amazes me.Ppl r downryt daft or jst plain stupid.Dose of u suggestin dt he marry her corpse,dnt u read dt he offered 2marry her alive & her folks refusd?He shld take dem 2crt wif dia barbaric traditn.Its repugnant 2 natural justice,equity & gud conscience.No crt in d land wil stand 4it.
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by zoogy2007: 8:53am On Apr 19, 2009
What you guys are suggeting is bizarre. How can a living man marry a dead corpse? The family that refused him marriage to the girl when she was alive now want him to marry her corpse and some of you are saying its ok.
I will advice that this guy moves on wiy his life. If in future he meets his children he can explain but if not so be it. We all have one life to live and I dont intend wasting mine,DO YOU?
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by komzygirl(f): 12:04pm On Apr 19, 2009
angry sad shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry undecided undecided
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by Tebson(m): 1:25pm On May 03, 2009
dats awkward.How can some1 marry a dead corpse? lipsrsealed
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by nnaemmy(m): 2:38pm On May 09, 2009
habaa!!!!!!! the condition dey somehow, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by invisible2(m): 4:34pm On May 09, 2009
Nothing that good negotiation wont solve.
Re: They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl by tallgal(f): 1:41pm On Jan 03, 2010
Oturugbeke!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Nashville And I / For Married People: When Was Your First Ever Quarrel? / Can't Find A Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.