Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

65 Dead, 80 Injured As Crane Collapses In Mecca - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 65 Dead, 80 Injured As Crane Collapses In Mecca (574 Views)

"Somebody Touched My Bumps And Squeezed In Mecca " - Scottish Lady On Twitter / Pretty Nigerian Lady Dies In Mecca After Completing Her Pilgrimage. Photos / Two Nigerian Women "Dabbing" In Mecca Blasted. See Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

65 Dead, 80 Injured As Crane Collapses In Mecca by heftycul: 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2015
The death toll from the collapse of a crane in the Muslim holy city of Mecca has risen to 65, Saudi Arabia's civil defence authority has said.

Eighty people were injured when the crane fell on the Grand Mosque, the civil defence authority tweeted.

Few other details are available. Images from the scene showed part of a huge red crane had crashed through the roof of the mosque.

Mecca is preparing for the annual Muslim Hajj pilgrimage.

Hundreds of thousands of people are expected to arrive in the Saudi city from all over the world later this month.

Construction work has been going on at the Grand Mosque for years to make it big enough to cope with the huge numbers of people who come each year, the BBC's Arab Affairs analyst, Sebastian Usher, says.

May Allah forgive them all
Re: 65 Dead, 80 Injured As Crane Collapses In Mecca by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 11, 2015
Inna lillahi Waina ilahi Rajiuna....

1 Like

Re: 65 Dead, 80 Injured As Crane Collapses In Mecca by heftycul: 9:11pm On Sep 11, 2015
Azedx:
Inna lillahi Waina ilahi Rajiuna....

May their departed soul rest in janah
Re: 65 Dead, 80 Injured As Crane Collapses In Mecca by amodu(m): 11:45pm On Sep 11, 2015
107 people are now known to have died when a crane collapsed at the Grand Mosque in the Muslim holy city of Mecca
http://bbc.in/1i4j657
Re: 65 Dead, 80 Injured As Crane Collapses In Mecca by amodu(m): 11:55pm On Sep 11, 2015
This is a disheartening occurrence to the Islamic world.
I pray Allah (Aazza Wajallah) grant:
the departed souls Al-Janat Fridaus,
deceased families the fortitude to bear the loss and
the injured one quick recovery.
Suratul Ikhlas for the departed ones.
Re: 65 Dead, 80 Injured As Crane Collapses In Mecca by Kunlexic(m): 8:47am On Sep 12, 2015
May Allah grant them al-janat fidaus

(1) (Reply)

A Note On The Ijaazaat Of Shaykh Muhammad Naasirud-deen Al-albaanee / 7 Questions A Sincere Muslim Should Ask / My Islamic Poems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.