Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,591 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home (12526 Views)

Boko Haram Members Are Relocating To Kogi State- Gov Bello / see the touching things businessmen are saying since buhari became president / Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by FreeGlobe(f): 10:17am On Sep 12, 2015
Godblessbiafra:
hey,I have observed one thing with this moniker,u are neither here nor there when issues relating to igbo/biafra are been discussed. what is fantasical about what kettykin wrote there,huh?.U rather come out clean and tell us ur stance,assuming you are truly igbo as u claim.
asha80 is really an interesting character. Dude is ALWAYS neither here nor there on ANY issue, not just biafra.. grin grin grin grin Very funny character. I've gotten used to him

6 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 12, 2015
When biafra is actualised, the 5 storey building would be a joke compared to the 25 storey building that will be erupting , just like isreal. Flats won't be rented but bought. I will advice those without enough money to go as deep as Ebonyi state to buy up cheaper lands .Believe me when I say those places will be like heaven when biafra is settled.

12 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 12, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

The space they are vacating is already listed for new entrants from the West of Yorubaland. grin

I hear you.

In their place you will have a Gworo based economy controlled by Hausa traders

3 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 12, 2015
EggovinMma:
When biafra is actualised, the 5 storey building would be a joke compared to the 25 storey building that will be cerupting , just like isreal. Flats won't be rented but bought. I will advice those without enough money to go as deep as Ebonyi state to buy up cheaper lands .BBelieve me when I say those places will be like heaven when biafra is settled.
shocked cool shocked shocked shocked shocked...
Beautiful woman.

6 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by christmalachy(m): 10:37am On Sep 12, 2015
This is a very good news for igbos ,Enugu and Ebonyi state will soon open up there own.
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by investnow2013: 10:40am On Sep 12, 2015
Adminisher:

Champagne that is a French product ?. Nobody wants to substitute in that class of product and abeg. Okonkwo can continue in that luxury business that Buhari will soon raise tariffs on. We are talking about motor parts, clothes and electronics. Yorubas were the king , even manufacturing refrigerators and freezers in the days before importation was let loose. They will soon substitute Ibos in all those sectors especially now that jobs are hard to come by and the banking sector is going down.
I thought Trade involves distribution also!.Those businessmen & Women also control distribution both here & abroad!. I do know how many centuries it will take you to replace!.
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by OPCNAIRALAND: 10:41am On Sep 12, 2015
honourhim:
@Op, Igbos are simply expanding. We dont move rather we expand.

Oh, i know! If you wouldnt leave a desert land where your blood is shed annually, it will be insane to believe you will leave Lagos.
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 12, 2015
I think he is bereft of ideas, thank you for teaching him
investnow2013:
I thought Trade involves distribution also!.Those businessmen & Women also control distribution both here & abroad!. I do know how many centuries it will take you to replace!.

2 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by backtosender: 10:49am On Sep 12, 2015
EggovinMma:
When biafra is actualised, the 5 storey building would be a joke compared to the 25 storey building that will be cerupting , just like isreal. Flats won't be rented but bought. I will advice those without enough money to go as deep as Ebonyi state to buy up cheaper lands .BBelieve me when I say those places will be like heaven when biafra is settled.
Our beautiful Biafran Queen we have the best gene in west africa when u see biafrans you hardly see them as west africans we look AA mix the hebrew blood in us shine through us.......

7 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by backtosender: 10:51am On Sep 12, 2015
It is natural when business relocate buyers relocate with them is always the case
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 12, 2015
igbos have nothing to fear if they should move there total business to the east today ,, is it the lazy yorubas that never travel out from there enclave to explore new business ventures that will replace them, how many yorubas have been able stand in any competitively businesses atmosphere and thrive here in lagos, why has other South west cities for how many years of existence cannot booast of having viable business hubs just as lagos which highly populated integrated by the igbos.
If igbos should move there ventures back to east it will rather make igboland the largest producer and distributor of goods/services in west africa.

Igbos is in business is not just business but a faculty of study which as a fact one must indulged in for years for you to thrive.

Southwest in the next tons of decades to come can never pose a threat to igbo ventures down east.

8 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 12, 2015
azimibraun:
I know at the right time we'll meaning Igbos will step in and renegades like Nnamdi Kanu will be relegated to the background. Opportunistic spur of the moment. Somebody ask Nnamdi Kanu and his goons if they have bothered to do a study on Nationalism at all; where in the study of Nationalism in either Political science or Sociology can you find a quest like that of Biafra calling for violence? The Igbos according to the Books and reality should pursue " Gentail Nationalism" If in 1960 Nigeria ddnt need a bullet to get independence from her colonial Masters the British, I wonder why Mr Kanu will be advocating for violence when it was clear Ojukwu failed using Violence. The igbos need Geniuses with Brains at this point in time and not Drunks with thugs and violent propaganda. It's a negotiation and consultation struggle and not violence. The igbos have the right to seek self determination but it should be handled by decent knowledgeable non violent professionals. Thugs got countries in the past but not in these days and age. The world has moved and the UN has provided for self determination. Igbos do the needful and explore the opportunity.
So far what's the thug and violence in nnamdi kanu's approach if I may ask

3 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Princewill1(m): 11:03am On Sep 12, 2015
Adminisher:

This is bad first Ibos. The Nigerian project favours them because they can sell their imported goods to a large market of 170 million people . Now there is nobody to sell to but barely 25million. The only reason for NAFTA, ECOWAS and EU is that larger markets are best in terms of combined GDP and scale economics. The East on its own is very unviable. It will be a landlocked, entity bordered by the Niger Delta, Cameroon, North East, Edo and Delta. All tribes in Nigeria have business skills, Dangote is from the North, Atiku has factories producing everything from pure water to cooking oil. Yorubas are Lords of the FMCG and other sectors. In the 70s Hausas had commercial enclaves in Lagos near Apapa, Ibadan , Old PH town and other places, these enclaves will now grow and multiply. I still don't know why people think this move East is good for Ibos.
MR MAN DON'T CRY MORE THAN THE BEREAVED!

We know all of these yet we want Biafra.

No be you talk say you go push them into the lagoon?

Pls focus more on how Odua and Arewa will contain themselves when we secede abeg.

4 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 12, 2015
Flyoruboy:

If they like they should relocate even their private residences today, Lagos is too big to notice their absence and they will be replaced sharply. There's nothing special about what those men do or the value they add to Lagos or any other part of the country that can't easily be replaced. Many non-igbos are already ready and willing to take their place the moment they leave.
A journey of a thousand miles starts with a step, one person relocating won't be noticed, but 3, 4,...,10. I think will very much be felt and tell me who do u think is going to replace them?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 12, 2015
kettykin:
As igbos relocate to the east the fulanis will be replacing them in lagos.

This is a welcome development.

The state government should create special purpose vehicle that would partner with eastern owned businesses to set up factories in the east.

I told them Fulani will soon start Modern day colonization, they will not do it through JIHAD again, chase Igbos away by the help of the slaves land acclaimed ownersand then occupy the slave enclave.... They are pumping fulani herds men and Boko haram to Lagos and environs

3 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 12, 2015
Adminisher:

This is bad first Ibos. The Nigerian project favours them because they can sell their imported goods to a large market of 170 million people . Now there is nobody to sell to but barely 25million. The only reason for NAFTA, ECOWAS and EU is that larger markets are best in terms of combined GDP and scale economics. The East on its own is very unviable. It will be a landlocked, entity bordered by the Niger Delta, Cameroon, North East, Edo and Delta. All tribes in Nigeria have business skills, Dangote is from the North, Atiku has factories producing everything from pure water to cooking oil. Yorubas are Lords of the FMCG and other sectors. In the 70s Hausas had commercial enclaves in Lagos near Apapa, Ibadan , Old PH town and other places, these enclaves will now grow and multiply. I still don't know why people think this move East is good for Ibos.

;D1900 mentality..... I guess there are no Igbos in Ghana and South Africa doing their numerous business

4 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Princewill1(m): 11:27am On Sep 12, 2015
omonnakoda:

People come from Ivory Coast to buy goods in Aba grin grin
SHUT UP USELESS YO-ROBBER TOUT!

I dey aba right now!

Enter aba this coming monday,I will take you to Ariaria int'l market for you to see buyers from cameroun,gabon and other african countries.

Hopeless Idi•ot!

7 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by iwatch: 11:28am On Sep 12, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:
As a yoruba who feels the igbos are truly marginalized this is what they should truly be doing. One big mistake u guys made was not requesting for a port under GEJ's regime. Even if it would be privately owned, Say built and run by the chinese. That would have been the first step to wither the bully called lagos. Biafra should be propagated intelligently not on the streets with a loud mouth. Nigeria need balance and ppl from the SS and SE are not helping matters. It seems the North are backing their own Good or Bad, we the south west too(Aregbeshola's case) the igbo must attain some form of economic power to have a say and parley with the SS that's the only way they can create the balance nigeria despirately needs.
I wish they will listen but knowing who they are on here, I know they won't!
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by ola6: 11:31am On Sep 12, 2015
Thank God!!!
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 12, 2015
omonnakoda:

People come from Ivory Coast to buy goods in Aba grin grin

I dont know how ppl like this reason..... USA is China's biggest market and I guess Americans troop to China to buy goods.... Go to Accra Ghana and Jburg, most things sold by Igbos are actually exported from ABA/Nigeria...we dont need people from Ivory coast to come to aba to buy our goods here we will take it to them.... thats is why IGBO men are the most adventurous. All the business IGBOs do in Lagos, Yorubas have tried and closed down just after 6 months, its not by magic it runs in the blood.

7 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 12, 2015
FreeGlobe:

asha80 is really an interesting character. Dude is ALWAYS neither here nor there on ANY issue, not just biafra.. grin grin grin grin Very funny character. I've gotten used to him

I dey suspect he is a mixed breed....but have Igbos more at heart grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 12, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 12, 2015
UMU IGBO....................."AKU RUO ULO"

1 Like

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 12, 2015
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 12, 2015
[size=25pt]UMU IGBO....................."AKU RUO ULO" [/size]

3 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by VickJames(m): 11:42am On Sep 12, 2015
Beremx:
it depends on the type of goods.

Most goods are bought in Lagos from other west African countries and these good are sold in Lagos mainly by Igbos. Go to markets dominated by Igbos in Lagos and see the heavy transaction of business going there between lagos and other African countries.

Some of you need to be realistic when making comments and not talking trash.

You are always inclined to say something insulting. Airing ones view doesn't make it trash. For once, talk without insulting and people will be civil with you. Its not hard if you start now.

2 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by joeyfire(m): 11:43am On Sep 12, 2015
Ndi Igbo don wake up.I thank God. Obiano held an event in Lagos last year with anambra business folk. See the result -

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/obianos-policies-attract-382-3m-investment-to-anambra/

In 2015 the results multiply to USD2.4BN

http://www.tatafonaija.com/2015/08/gov-obiano-boasts-of-attracting-investments-worth-2-4bn-in-18-months/
Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by joeyfire(m): 11:46am On Sep 12, 2015
We need to get the warri and port Harcourt ports up to scratch and we are to GO. I mean that literally.

Thanks Akiolu

3 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by ArodewilliamsT: 11:55am On Sep 12, 2015
WombRaiders:
This is bad news for lazy touts like yourself Mr. OPCNairaland.

With Ibo businesses relocating, you lazy bums will only have rotten tomato sellers to extort.

Brother you wicked oh, chai chai! chai!. grin
Any idio.t that doesn't see a Biafran-inspired motive here, is mentally challenged. Soon the Oba of lagoon will soon have only his rotten ewedu sellers to extort.

3 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by EasternLionn: 11:56am On Sep 12, 2015
joeyfire:
We need to get the warri and port Harcourt ports up to scratch and we are to GO. I mean that literally.

Thanks Akiolu

Yes the Lagoon commander.

2 Likes

Re: Ibo Businessmen Are Relocating Home by ArodewilliamsT: 12:00pm On Sep 12, 2015
kettykin:
As igbos relocate to the east the fulanis will be replacing them in lagos.

This is a welcome development.

The state government should create special purpose vehicle that would partner with eastern owned businesses to set up factories in the east.

I advised an Igbo friend who wanted to sell his land at mowe, to sell only to Hausa Fulanis.
And for Biafrans still buying land in mowe, Ibafo to develop for Ogun state, i pity them.
Tommorow one lateef will scream that he developed ogun state.
Every Igboman shoud start being realistically futuristic. The time is Now!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Hosts To A Reception Members Of The Diplomatic Corps In Statehouse - PICS / Anambra Election: Osita Chidoka Of UPP Cast His Vote. / SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days Ultimatum To Probe Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.