Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,395 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt (9903 Views)

Ojuelegba Crash: Victims’ Family Sues Lagos, FRSC, Others For N10bn / 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church / 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by larez(m): 11:46am On Apr 08, 2009
penfold:

Really, we should be very careful about some of our posts on this forum (i guess its fortunate that you cannot sue for libel or defamation thru the internet)

The true facts about itedo village:

Itedo community and the ikate elegushi community are currently embroiled in court case over the said plots of land, ikate elegushi family having granted a lease to the itedo community (who are ilajes from ondo state) about 60 years ago, the said lease being for 50 years (that means it expired 10 years ago). On the expiration of the lease, the ikate elegushi community refused to renew the lease (i no blame them, the market value of the land don increase about 1,000,000 times), itedo claimed that they could not be ejected from the land, thus they went to court. after a series of judgements, the courts ruled in favour of the elegushis, the itedos then appealed. the court then ordered that the status quo should be maintained on the land pendinmg determination of the appeal. meanwhile the land had been sold to all sorts of people (commissioners in fashola govt, and iyabo obasanjo inclusive). the several cases on the land and the court order made it impossible to process C of O, or even get building approval from the relevant authorities. All previous approvals and certificates on the land were then revoked. fashola, being who he is, woke up one day and decided all buildings without relevant documents should be demolished (as is usual with our "gomina", not because of any religious or political reasons).
the residents refused to take this lying low, hence, we took LASG to court.
P.E.R.I.O.D

My Brotha, I go advice you make you save your money take pack comot for where you dey. As I sabi Fashola, he no get time for nonsense and talk-talk. Governor get Executive privilege to issue orders to convert the Land for public use.

For your information, it is very unwise to fight your current Governor. He even has the power to commute a death sentence with the stroke of his pen.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by AKO1(m): 11:49am On Apr 08, 2009
Me sef I want to sue RCCG and MFM for obstruction of traffic on Lagos-Ibadan expressway. angry
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by debosky(m): 11:55am On Apr 08, 2009
penfold:

Really, we should be very careful about some of our posts on this forum (i guess its fortunate that you cannot sue for libel or defamation thru the internet)

Itedo community and the ikate elegushi community are currently embroiled in court case over the said plots of land, ikate elegushi family having granted a lease to the itedo community (who are ilajes from ondo state) about 60 years ago, the said lease being for 50 years (that means it expired 10 years ago). On the expiration of the lease, the ikate elegushi community refused to renew the lease (i no blame them, the market value of the land don increase about 1,000,000 times), itedo claimed that they could not be ejected from the land, thus they went to court. after a series of judgements, the courts ruled in favour of the elegushis, the itedos then appealed. the court then ordered that the status quo should be maintained on the land pendinmg determination of the appeal. meanwhile the land had been sold to all sorts of people (commissioners in fashola govt, and iyabo obasanjo inclusive). the several cases on the land and the court order made it impossible to process C of O, or even get building approval from the relevant authorities. All previous approvals and certificates on the land were then revoked. fashola, being who he is, woke up one day and decided all buildings without relevant documents should be demolished (as is usual with our "gomina", not because of any religious or political reasons).
P.E.R.I.O.D
First of all, I'm glad you have said there is no political or religious reason behind this.

Secondly, you state there were NO C of O's or building approvals given. By that fact alone, the buildings are ILLEGAL and deserve to be pulled down. It is sad and heart wrenching to lose one's property, but that does not make it right. We need to start getting things right in Nigeria at some point, and there will definitely be pain associated with doing that.

I support the court case fully - let this matter be settled and set a precedent for future cases. I frankly do not see why we should continue to indulge in ill planned or unplanned developments. In that regard, I support Fashola's action regardless of who is affected.

As LAWYER always says on this forum - seek legal advice before buying land or property!
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by ernal(m): 12:01pm On Apr 08, 2009
ako amama how Jozi?
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by oge4real(f): 12:16pm On Apr 08, 2009
Let us not be blinded by religious sentiments.If the Govt is able to prove beyond reasonable doubt that those structures are illegal, then the right thing should be done.afterall, the Holy book says to obey conxtituted authority.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by Jakumo(m): 12:29pm On Apr 08, 2009
Pastor Eunuch is in deep chit now.   Muahaha.

Whatever you do Eunuch, remember to try and keep bulldozers out of your dreams at night, lest you just straight out totally lose it, snap, and go postal.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by moneygurl: 2:07pm On Apr 08, 2009
penfold:

P.E.R.I.O.D

So from the information you have given, the govt. actually owns the land since the people who had C of O's had it all canceled because of the court cases. I guess it is a good thing the case has been taking the court, because this will be a landmark case.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by penfold(m): 4:25pm On Apr 08, 2009
Yeah!!! you guys might be right about the government owning the land and all that, but let's consider two points of law (which incidentally is the pivotal axis of the whole case)

1. what makes a building illegal - i guess you will say that building without approval or on govt acquisition (sic) land!!!, the question then is this, what about a plot of land which belongs to a family, who sold the land, and a general c of o issued by the government, which also gave provisional approval for a structure, construction of the building then started, only for the government to revoke the approval and c of o because of a court injuction. does this then make the building, which was once legal (when the govt gave approval) become illegal (when the govt revoked the approval)?

2. there was a court order that the two "warring" families, the occupants of the land and all other parties should maintain the status quo, pending determination of the appeal.
pls what does it mean to "maintain the status quo" - Fashola's govt clearly contravened this court order in two respects, 1. by revoking all permits and approvals on the land and   2. by attempting to demolish structures already in existence on the land - unless they are saying that the court order does not concern them cuz they are not an interested party, in that case, they should leave the community alone!!!!!
- anybody that knows fashola should warn him o, he is in danger of being held in contempt of court orders and being slammed into jail!!!! but seriously, i believe its just the overzealousness of the planning officials thats the cause of all these mess!!

@debosky,
i didnt say NO Cof O was given, some buildings actually have all the approvals, Cof Os and permits complete, with the buildings 85% complete before the govt now decided to revoke all the approvals, JUST BECAUSE OF THE COURT CASE!!! Like i said, does that now make the building illegal?, also, does revoking the planning and building permits of a building that is almost complete conform to the court injuction that all parties should maintain the status quo?
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by moneygurl: 4:44pm On Apr 08, 2009
If the Court said things should remain "Status Quo". Then the govt has a right to redraw the General C of O, to stop future construction until the case is settled. What is more worrying is to know that people were buying land in that area and building home in that area knowing that there is a lawsuit about community.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by larez(m): 5:15pm On Apr 08, 2009
penfold:

Yeah!!! you guys might be right about the government owning the land and all that, but let's consider two points of law (which incidentally is the pivotal axis of the whole case)

1. what makes a building illegal - i guess you will say that building without approval or on govt acquisition (sic) land!!!, the question then is this, what about a plot of land which belongs to a family, who sold the land, and a general c of o issued by the government, which also gave provisional approval for a structure, construction of the building then started, only for the government to revoke the approval and c of o because of a court injuction. does this then make the building, which was once legal (when the govt gave approval) become illegal (when the govt revoked the approval)?

2. there was a court order that the two "warring" families, the occupants of the land and all other parties should maintain the status quo, pending determination of the appeal.
pls what does it mean to "maintain the status quo" - Fashola's govt clearly contravened this court order in two respects, 1. by revoking all permits and approvals on the land and   2. by attempting to demolish structures already in existence on the land - unless they are saying that the court order does not concern them cuz they are not an interested party, in that case, they should leave the community alone!!!!!
- anybody that knows fashola should warn him o, he is in danger of being held in contempt of court orders and being slammed into jail!!!! but seriously, i believe its just the overzealousness of the planning officials thats the cause of all these mess!!

@debosky,
i didnt say NO Cof O was given, some buildings actually have all the approvals, Cof Os and permits complete, with the buildings 85% complete before the govt now decided to revoke all the approvals, JUST BECAUSE OF THE COURT CASE!!! Like i said, does that now make the building illegal?, also, does revoking the planning and building permits of a building that is almost complete conform to the court injuction that all parties should maintain the status quo?

I think you really need to understand the legal dilema that you are in. Since the Government is neither involved in, nor a party to the lawsuit, hence the Judge's order has nothing to do with them. The Government holds all the power concerning C of O and may revoke it if necessary for the good of many over the good of one or a few. A summary dismissal will be given by the court regarding any perceived contempt of court y the government.

Furthermore, are you naive enough to believe that the Governor himself will be jailed for contempt of court, when he has many officials heading the department involved? Your statement confirms the typical Nigerian "Big man" ego that believes that he must always deal directly with the top boss in any situation. Hence, anything that happens is the Boss's fault. Like I advised before, use your money wisely in seeking a place and moving your belongings out before the Bulldozer comes.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by PurestBoy(m): 5:39pm On Apr 08, 2009
Jakumo:

Pastor Eunuch is in deep chit now.   Muahaha.

Whatever you do Eunuch, remember to try and keep bulldozers out of your dreams at night, lest you just straight out totally lose it, snap, and go postal.

Jakumo Jakumo, u no go kill me
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by venturesC(m): 6:54pm On Apr 08, 2009
GOVERNMENT HAS EVERY RIGHT AS FAR AS THEY ARE NOT DEMOLISHING WITH SENTIMENT.

WE CHILDREN OF GOD SHOULD NOT FIGHT FOR EARTHLY STRUCTURES COS ONE DAY THY SHALL BE DESTROYED AND WE WONT EVEN FIGHT OVER IT.

I ADVICE THAT THEY SHOULD TAKE IT EASY AND THAT THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD CONSIDER THE CHURCH COS THEY PLAY A VITAL ROLE IN COMBERTING CRIME IN OUR SOCIETY

CARLOS VENTURES
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by debosky(m): 7:00pm On Apr 08, 2009
The status quo thing has nothing to do with the government. The court case has nothing to do with issuing valid C of O for a plot of land does it?

People fighting over 'ownership of land' when it is the government that gives C of O? Foolishness.

If the C of O were validly issued, you will win your court case. If not, then the government is within its powers to revoke fraudulent or incorrectly issued C of O.

As far as I know, the government doesn't simply wake up and start revoking C of O at random - there is clearly a reason behind this. I wish you all the best in your case.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by Moonstone(f): 7:53pm On Apr 08, 2009
Why should Lagos State govt sell lands like that? Obviously, if they are taking this case to court, they have legal and proper documentation. I think they should be reimbursed and sent on their way.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by Kobojunkie: 8:01pm On Apr 08, 2009
Definitely, if it turns out these groups have legal rights to the properties in question, I do hope justice is served at the end of the day. We do not need a Lagos where government resorts to stripping private citizens and organizations of their land, without some sort of compensation, in the name of development.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by devayid(m): 10:33pm On Apr 08, 2009
As some of you "Christians" are wishing evil on Fashola for being a righteous and principled man, I will be praying that God grants him the strength, courage, wisdom and protection (from your kind) needed to continue and improve on his good work regardless of who's personal interests are involved. How many will join me?
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by debosky(m): 11:21pm On Apr 08, 2009
Moonstone:

Why should Lagos State govt sell lands like that? Obviously, if they are taking this case to court, they have legal and proper documentation. I think they should be reimbursed and sent on their way.
Let the judge decide that. The only obvious thing is that there is a clear disagreement between the government and the owners of the buildings on the aforementioned land.

People cannot be reimbursed simply because they threaten to go to court. It's a good thing that these guys have decided to try their case in court, that way the case law governing these types of incidents will grow and people will gain more awareness about seeking proper documentation for land before embarking on building projects.

That said, I echo Kobo's words - I hope LASG keeps within the law in it's drive to develop and modernise Lagos. Even if they do follow the law, there will undoubtedly be a lot of opposition when investments have been made.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by ollybosieb: 2:34am On Apr 09, 2009
Why do my people always hate when we see someone that is trying to provide a better life for the masses.This is not about church or mosque,if my papa or mama house is illegally build , demolish dem.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by Xolom: 3:21am On Apr 09, 2009
Sentiments apart, If the structures(churches/mosque) are on the governments right of way, it should be demolished as even the bible teaches us to be orderly.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by penfold(m): 6:47am On Apr 09, 2009
**sigh** [/i]this argument don dey tire me o!![i]

i beg make una dey read my responses well before replying o, am tired of replying to unrelated issues!!!!

@debosky,
that is the point, all we are saying is that LASG's reason for revoking the Cof O's should be able to stand up to scrutiny in the courts (there should be a reason, not because the ownership of the land is in dispute!!)

@larez
1. "the good of many" you said, the "many" being who? the plaintiff or the defendant? the said properties are not on the right of way, proposed road routes, proposed or existing drainage site, under overhead cables, sited on the "green" area, or on areas meant for commercial use, the sole reason for revoking the approvals was "because there is contention between several parties as to the proper ownership of the area". so what good does that do to "many". The proper thing for LASG to do was to have stopped issuing further approvals in the area and ensure that people don't continue building there i.e to stop further development pending determination of the suit, and not to demolish. Now what if the case is decided in favour of the people who sold the land to owners of such buildings, what happens, which is why the court ordered that the staus quo should be maintained until the case is decided (or does LASG has foreknowledge of the outcome of the case?),

2. Of course the government is a party to the case, the judiciary is an arm of government and its decision is binding on all the other components, i stand to be corrected but i believe government is an entity, the judiciary is separate from the executive but not different. in the light of that, look at it this way, govt (judiciary) said nobody should do anything on the plots of land until a decision is taken by govt (judiciary), meanwhile govt (executive) now wants to tear down the structures on the land. is govt (executive) saying that govt (judiciary) erred in ruling that no activity whatsoever should happen on the said plots. (it is to avoid conflicts like this that the legislature does not deliberate on issues already in court)

3. naivety or not, the law is simple enough for all to understand, and pray, which one of my statements confirms the "typical nigerian big man ego", i particularly detest being misquoted!!!!!

***and besides if its about dealing directly with the top man as you allege, then the serving commissioners in fashola's cabinet who have their residences in the area would have no need to go to court to seek redress, they would have simply talked to "the boss" (as you said).  the fact that they are, in their personal capacity, party to the suit shows that this is not about "settling" it, it is about the rule of law, 
also, thanks for being so concerned about where i will "pack go" before the bulldozers come, God has lifted us past that level.
CIAO!!
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by Lagosboy: 8:47am On Apr 09, 2009
@ireport/deepzone/st funmi/earthmama

Honestly ur comments are dissapointing , i thought u were more intelligent than this but u really shouldnt have stooped this low to make these sentimental comments that lack any legitimate sentiment.

Fashola is doing the right thing and any illegal strucutre that contribute a nuisance to the environment should be taken down. Lagos need infrastructure for the 22nd century and if it is buildings that would stop that from happening it should be taken down and compensation paid. If it is illegal then i am sorry illegality has no place in law.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by Kobojunkie: 9:29am On Apr 09, 2009
Lagosboy:

Fashola is doing the right thing and any illegal strucutre that contribute a nuisance to the environment should be taken down. Lagos need infrastructure for the 22nd century and if it is buildings that would stop that from happening it should be taken down and compensation paid. If it is illegal then i am sorry illegality has no place in law.

In much the same way, these citizens, organizations are doing the right thing by contesting the right of the government to take demolish property that they believe is legal and they have proof of. Regardless of lagos’s need for 22nd century infrastructure, Lagos needs to respect the rights of the people even as it pushes forward. We cannot throw the rights of the people under the bus simply because we want development. Development should respect the rights of the people.

The organizations and individuals are in the right here. They have chosen to take their case to court which is the way things ought to be done in a civilized society. The outcome of the case will be determined by the courts, but I do hope that justice is served in this; if the buildings are found to be legal, the government should allow them stand or look to compensate the owners before it moves forward to demolish. If the buildings are found to be illegal, then the owners need to look for alternative legal sites for their structures.

Can we all please stop acting like kids and stop making Lagos/Fashola issues into some good guy-vs.-bad guy/ You-are-evil-if-you-are against-my-side fight on here? It is ridiculous, annoying and seriously childish that adults will continue to, after all their years on this planet; argue anything in such a myopic and uncouth way.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by larez(m): 10:14am On Apr 09, 2009
penfold:

**sigh** [/i]this argument don dey tire me o!![i]

i beg make una dey read my responses well before replying o, am tired of replying to unrelated issues!!!!

@debosky,
that is the point, all we are saying is that LASG's reason for revoking the Cof O's should be able to stand up to scrutiny in the courts (there should be a reason, not because the ownership of the land is in dispute!!)

@larez
1. "the good of many" you said, the "many" being who? the plaintiff or the defendant? the said properties are not on the right of way, proposed road routes, proposed or existing drainage site, under overhead cables, sited on the "green" area, or on areas meant for commercial use, the sole reason for revoking the approvals was "because there is contention between several parties as to the proper ownership of the area". so what good does that do to "many". The proper thing for LASG to do was to have stopped issuing further approvals in the area and ensure that people don't continue building there i.e to stop further development pending determination of the suit, and not to demolish. Now what if the case is decided in favour of the people who sold the land to owners of such buildings, what happens, which is why the court ordered that the staus quo should be maintained until the case is decided (or does LASG has foreknowledge of the outcome of the case?),

2. Of course the government is a party to the case, the judiciary is an arm of government and its decision is binding on all the other components, i stand to be corrected but i believe government is an entity, the judiciary is separate from the executive but not different. in the light of that, look at it this way, govt (judiciary) said nobody should do anything on the plots of land until a decision is taken by govt (judiciary), meanwhile govt (executive) now wants to tear down the structures on the land. is govt (executive) saying that govt (judiciary) erred in ruling that no activity whatsoever should happen on the said plots. (it is to avoid conflicts like this that the legislature does not deliberate on issues already in court)

3. naivety or not, the law is simple enough for all to understand, and pray, which one of my statements confirms the "typical nigerian big man ego", i particularly detest being misquoted!!!!!

***and besides if its about dealing directly with the top man as you allege, then the serving commissioners in fashola's cabinet who have their residences in the area would have no need to go to court to seek redress, they would have simply talked to "the boss" (as you said).  the fact that they are, in their personal capacity, party to the suit shows that this is not about "settling" it, it is about the rule of law, 
also, thanks for being so concerned about where i will "pack go" before the bulldozers come, God has lifted us past that level.
CIAO!!

I should clarify my statements so you can understand me better. Forget the emotional issue and just focus on facts:

Lagos State Government in my understanding is not a party to the on-going lawsuit between the 2 parties involved. The State Government is a regulatory authority on the Land use. In this case, they require some part of the Land as an easement for utilities. While approaching this issue, probably to find the parties that will be compensated for the easements, they discovered that there is a dispute on ownership, and properties may have been sold illegally. It is at this point that Lagos State Government steps in as the regulatory body for issuing documents to perfect deeds.

Lagos State Government then discovers that there were some cases where structures were built without perfected ownership documents. This is the part that the illegality comes in. Regardless of what the court says, lack of proper construction documents is a breach of the law. The State has the right to demolish or fine the parties for construction without documents. You should note also that there have been cases recently where innocent Lagos State residents have been killed due to the negligence of owners who constructed without proper engineering and State certifications of the construction documents.

There is a form of liability on Lagos State Government after discovering these buildings to not take action. This will be deemed negligence. If a building collapsed without the awareness of the State Government, then they may not be deemed negligent. However, in this particular case where the government seeks to infringe on the property, and hence discovered the illegal construction(s), they will be infact negligent in the performance of their duty, if action is not taken.

The case in court is in reference to ownership. Lagos State Government is not attempting to claim ownership and hence is not involved in the case. It only acts as a regulatory agency over the infrastructure(s) regardless of the outcome of the case. I hope this clarifies your understanding.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 09, 2009
considering the fact that fashola was a working lawyer before he became governor, i'm sure he must have considered all the possible legal ramifications of his decision beforehand.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by Kobojunkie: 10:25am On Apr 09, 2009
so lawyers never make legal mistakes?
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by bumajj: 12:22pm On Apr 09, 2009
It beats me hollow when I hear or read about people like IReport, or whatever, who fan the amber of religious intolerance, and quick to read insane sentiments to whatever perceived good the government is trying to do. If a church, shrine, or mosque is built on illegal area, why the cry over whether it should be demolished or not, regardless of who the OWNER is - Adeboye or whoever. I also noticed that such unwarranted criticisms would usually come from those who worship men, rather than God. I mean those who deify their pastors, especially the so-called Redeemed church members. How do they describe Adeboye? "Daddy GO", who has been so worshipped that he is ranked next to the Queen of England, "who is above the Law". All of you should bury your heads in shame, that you are been taught not the TRUE words of God, but tradition of men. tongue grin
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by Lagosboy: 12:35pm On Apr 09, 2009
Kobojunkie:

In much the same way, these citizens, organizations are doing the right thing by contesting the right of the government to take demolish property that they believe is legal and they have proof of. Regardless of lagos’s need for 22nd century infrastructure, Lagos needs to respect the rights of the people even as it pushes forward. We cannot throw the rights of the people under the bus simply because we want development. Development should respect the rights of the people.

The organizations and individuals are in the right here. They have chosen to take their case to court which is the way things ought to be done in a civilized society. The outcome of the case will be determined by the courts, but I do hope that justice is served in this; if the buildings are found to be legal, the government should allow them stand or look to compensate the owners before it moves forward to demolish. If the buildings are found to be illegal, then the owners need to look for alternative legal sites for their structures.

Can we all please stop acting like kids and stop making Lagos/Fashola issues into some good guy-vs.-bad guy/ You-are-evil-if-you-are against-my-side fight on here? It is ridiculous, annoying and seriously childish that adults will continue to, after all their years on this planet; argue anything in such a myopic and uncouth way.

The issue here is simple ,, of course every individual has a right to contest in the court of law but like i said if destruction of these buildings would pave way for the expansion of roads that will benefit millions and generations to come then the LASG should take thos buildings down and compensation paid even before the destruction. If these buildings are illegal anyway then they should be removed and from all indications these people dont even have C of O and there is a rift of ownership between families. Once it is been established it is illegal there should be no sentiments attached t o it. If it is legal then compensation should be paid.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by dway4ward: 12:50pm On Apr 09, 2009
Ireport it is a dissappointment we still have people who think like you in Nigeria. You dont understand the simple statement of "a journey a thousand miles begins with a step". It is a big dissappointment. You just want to defend your faith and you dont even know your faith, bet you're one of those christians who follow your pastor and not jesus, cos tis in the bible that the temple of god is in a man's soul. People did wrong in the time of the wrong people and you say we should let them be? If we do so how will we move forward as a country,please go and know yourself and set your priorities rite, you re still young and if you keep with this kind of mentality you will be a problem when the youth want to take Nigeria to the next level. it is sad there is nothing we can do about your nationality, u were born a nigerian so please change your mentality for Nigeria to move forward,

FYI: Other state governors are tryin to immitate lagos state government

NIGERIA, GOOD PEOPLE, GREAT NATION
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by graceade(f): 1:34pm On Apr 09, 2009
i want to advice u guys mind what u say
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by graceade(f): 1:47pm On Apr 09, 2009
i want to advice u guys mind what u say
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by yousouph(m): 2:56pm On Apr 09, 2009
Some people makes issues that does has anything to do with them PERSONAL & attacks flow in here & there. It happens in all trends & it makes me laugh the way people reacts on sensitive topic.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by Mowire: 5:38pm On Apr 09, 2009
bumajj:

It beats me hollow when I hear or read about people like IReport, or whatever, who fan the amber of religious intolerance, and quick to read insane sentiments to whatever perceived good the government is trying to do. If a church, shrine, or mosque is built on illegal area, why the cry over whether it should be demolished or not, regardless of who the OWNER is - Adeboye or whoever. I also noticed that such unwarranted criticisms would usually come from those who worship men, rather than God. I mean those who deify their pastors, especially the so-called Redeemed church members. How do they describe Adeboye? "Daddy GO", who has been so worshipped that he is ranked next to the Queen of England, "who is above the Law". All of you should bury your heads in shame, that you are been taught not the TRUE words of God, but tradition of men.

You just about fall into the same class as ireport here with this kind of post: you have castigated every member of RCCG and insinuated that the G.O does not teach the true word of God.

Who told you that every RCCG member is as shallow minded as ireport on matters like this?

@penfold. Sorry o! But did the affected people check at Alausa to know if the land was excised for the Itedo community before buying or they relied only on publications; do they have, properly, fully govt approved building plan? If yes then the govt will have to pay some compensation if it goes ahead to demolish the buildings.

But if not, like it is the case with so many of the lands bought from omoniles in that axis, then the 'building" owners have already put themselves at the mercy of the government. They can only appeal to Fashola for consideration for economic reasons. Frankly I don't think that that there are serving commissioners among the affected property owners make land legit. In fact an omonile will give plots to a political heavyweight/office holder/police/military officers for little or nothing in the hope that that will make it easier for them to obtain exicion on the land or compell the government to over look the land.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Buy 30 Airplanes To Reduce Airline Ticket / I Remain PDP Secretary —oyinlola / Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.