Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,862 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt (9902 Views)

Ojuelegba Crash: Victims’ Family Sues Lagos, FRSC, Others For N10bn / 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church / 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by abhosts(m): 9:04pm On Apr 07, 2009
As they say, a leopard can never changed it's spots. Even before Fashola became governor, there has always been an influential anti-Jesus movement in Lagos, that are usually hell bent on destroying anything that represents Christ. These faceless goblins are mostly muslims and that explains why the exercise is always targeted at churches.

The above churches are headed by highly educated men, so the issue of building without requisite approval is very unlikely. This is simply a case of shifting the goal post during a ball game.

Just like in the past, this exercise is bound to fail.

China is a typical example that you cannot stop or slowdown the tide of Christianity. Even when the Communist Government of china has banned any form of church gathering that is not approved by the state, Chinese Christians have mostly resorted to home churches. Tens of Millions in China now worship in home churches scattered all over china, especially in rural china.

Jesus is Lord
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by biina: 9:05pm On Apr 07, 2009
iReport:

The churches were hand picked imho. That is how politics work in Nigeria. If they don't like you, they cut you down by every possible means.
Without any knowledge of the truth, you proceeded to accuse, and find guilty, the Lagos state governor and the state government.  It's sad that you claim to be a christian.

The question shouldn't be the purpose of the buildings, but rather if the buildings are illegal or not. Do not support an illegal act by claiming to act in God's interest
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by iReport: 9:09pm On Apr 07, 2009
As they say, a leopard can never changed it's spots.[size=14pt] Even before Fashola became governor, there has always been an influential anti-Jesus movement in Lagos, that are usually hell bent on destroying anything that represents Christ[/size]. These faceless goblins are mostly muslims and that explains why the exercise is always targeted at churches.

The above churches are headed by highly educated men, so the issue of building without requisite approval is very unlikely. This is simply a case of shifting the goal post during a ball game.

I'm beginning to suspect your allegations are correct. I am yet to understand why Fashola will meddle with that tho.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by Pataki: 9:10pm On Apr 07, 2009
iReport:

The churches were hand picked imho. That is how politics work in Nigeria. If they don't like you, they cut you down by every possible means.
How did you come about this ''informed decision'' of yours?
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by biina: 9:14pm On Apr 07, 2009
abhosts:

As they say, a leopard can never changed it's spots. Even before Fashola became governor, there has always been an influential anti-Jesus movement in Lagos, that are usually hell bent on destroying anything that represents Christ. These faceless goblins are mostly muslims and that explains why the exercise is always targeted at churches.

Another disappointing post.

So the siting of a parish is always vetted by the head of the church?  Unless you have proof that the churches were properly sited, stop criticizing the governments actions.

Have you entertained the thought that since there are more churches than mosques in Lagos state, its likely that demolition exercises would often affect more churches
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by iReport: 9:18pm On Apr 07, 2009
How did you come about this ''informed decision'' of yours?
The wayo is glaring na. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by Pataki: 9:20pm On Apr 07, 2009
iReport:

The wayo is glaring na. kiss kiss kiss
Yeah right! Stop making baseless allegations. tongue
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by abhosts(m): 9:30pm On Apr 07, 2009
biina:

Another disappointing post.

So the siting of a parish is always vetted by the head of the church?  Unless you have proof that the churches were properly sited, stop criticizing the governments actions.

Have you entertained the thought that since there are more churches than mosques in Lagos state, its likely that demolition exercises would often affect more churches

Your posts are only betraying your bias about this matter. Have you ever heard of a mathematical term called ratio? Even if Churches outnumber Mosques on a 10:1 ratio, is that not suppose reflect in the demolition agenda as well? But guess what, zero mosques are affected.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by biina: 9:40pm On Apr 07, 2009
abhosts:

Your posts are only betraying your bias about this matter. Have you ever heard of a mathematical term called ratio? Even if Churches outnumber Mosques on a 10:1 ratio, is that not suppose reflect in the demolition agenda as well?
Obviously your poor knowledge of mathematics is worse than your lack of objectivity on the issue at hand. There is a difference between probability and statistics.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by mustafar1: 9:48pm On Apr 07, 2009
na wa o. some people for here just dey make Nairaland IQ level flunctuate like half current flourescent tube.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by iReport: 10:12pm On Apr 07, 2009

na wa o. some people for here just dey make Nairaland IQ level flunctuate like half current flourescent tube.
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by mustafar1: 10:13pm On Apr 07, 2009
wetin dey shock/surprise/amaze/worry you? shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by iReport: 10:15pm On Apr 07, 2009
You. You must really be afar from what is going on in Naija. grin grin grin
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by mustafar1: 10:16pm On Apr 07, 2009
what has my comment got to do with whats going on in nigeria?
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by princejay: 10:24pm On Apr 07, 2009
I think that iReport's position on this issue is ridiculous. It suggests that it is IMPOSSIBLE for a Muslim governor to seek to enforce the law against churches without being accused of executing a religious agenda.

Also baffling is the suggestion by abhosts that because the churches in question are led by highly educated men, its "unlikely" that they would build on land without C of O. The area where I live has at least 50 churches (including RCCG, MFM, etc), of which about 10/15 own their own property. Those church buildings are obviously sited illegally, because no building in the whole area (churches and non-churches) has a C of O.

Notice that its not churches alone who were served this notice -  a number of individuals were also served. Are you going to suggest next that these individuals were also targetted because they're Christians and not Muslims?
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by Pataki: 10:29pm On Apr 07, 2009
If it is not Christians complaining that Muslims are terrorizing them in Lagos, it is another tribe laying allegations at the Lagos Government that they are being haunted and their wares are being destroyed in Lagos. Yet these developments are for the well-being of all and sundry.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by comechop(m): 10:47pm On Apr 07, 2009
My own case is that,
[size=15pt]What is Nairalands Vendetta against anything RCCG and their pastors Its ALWAYS in the front page, ALWAYS. What is this website's personal case with them? I dont get it[/size]
Stuffs thats actually happening in the news, like Obama's assissination attempt, or other recent events is never on here, just useless news n stuff.
All we see is RCCG this, Adeboye this. Its getting ridiculous. Or do posters on nairaland have relatively low IQ of posters, and thus actually fall for this trap and enjoy having useless banter?
Incredulous!
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by lawyer(m): 11:33pm On Apr 07, 2009
The Lagos State government had through the Physical Planning and Development Authority on February 9, 2009 pasted a seal up notice followed by a demolition notice on some buildings in the village for allegedly contravening the physical planning and urban development laws of the state.

The plaintiffs, which include registered trustees of Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Assemblies of God Church; Registered Trustees, Foursquare Gospel Church, and The Redeemed Christian Church of God, Mr. Olufemi Babajide, Oluwatoyin Owolabi, Oluwasegun Owoso and Oluwaseun Mabogunje, in a motion of notice brought under section 18 of the High Court law of Lagos through their counsel, Bamidele Aturu, and seeking an order of interlocutory injunction, restraining the defendants, their agents, servants, officers, privies or otherwise howsoever from sealing up, further sealing up, closing or further closing from demolishing or in any other manner tampering with the buildings, homes and officers of the claimants pending the hearing and final determination of the substantive suit.

In the suit, the plaintiffs are also seeking an order of interlocutory injunction restraining the defendants, from obstructing, preventing, hindering or in any other manner restricting the free movement and liberty of the claimants from their buildings, homes and offices, pending the hearing and final determination of the substantive suit.

The plaintiffs, in a 43-paragraph affidavit in support of the motion sworn to by Ebun-Oluwa Adegboruwa (also a plaintiff) submitted that Itedo village consists of several homes recognised by Lagos State government, a primary school and at least 500 building comprising living homes, offices and churches; and it was delineated by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

They further said they all commenced and completed their buildings, homes and offices to the knowledge and consent of the defendants who, having assessed and received payments in respect of the said buildings, should not turn around to attempt to seal up or demolish the said buildings.

The plaintiffs further pray the court to restrain the defendants from taking, implementing or pursuing any decision or action that may render the claimants homeless pending the hearing and final determination of the substantive suit.

Rubbish!

This has nothing to do with either the place is filled with mosques or churches. Its basically the town Itedo and if the town has validly been gazetted as per either it being free from government acquistion, there is no encumberance there, the place is not a committed environment for government or the town has been given a valid general Certificate of Occupancy covering that area.

If they cannot produce any of the above documents to boost their claims, it is basically an excercise in futility because the LAND USE ACT 1978 basically vests land in the state government and it can only compensate the land owners if the government takes over the land for its own purpose and they have the valid documents to prove they own the land and have paid all the necessary fees to obtain the proper permit. It has nothing to do with the church but the environment itself in question and people should stop adding sentiments to it.

Most of the villages in ETI-OSA local government have either been gazetted or granted a Global C/O and if Itedo doesnt have it, there is no use crying over spilt milk. They ought to have known better to do a condusive search on the place and observe due diligence instead of hiding under the toga of churches to be demolished.

The fashola regime is sparing no one and is really going out to enforce these age old land rules in lagos. You need to visit the land registry in Alausa to see the wahala omonile or land speculators have caused over the years especially in Lekki/Ajah and the search reports there are very worrisome to say the least. Most houses or lands there are to be either demolished or taken over by the government because the right searches havent been done and people just buy lands because it is LEKKI and everyone wants the good life.

I really doubt if the law will aid these registered trustees because i think the OMONILES in Itedo Village Have played a very very fast one on these unsuspecting land owners and government will NEVER EVER compenate any land owner who has bought a committed land or isnt free from government acquistion.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by larez(m): 11:36pm On Apr 07, 2009
I wonder if many here are aware that Fashola goes to both Churches and Mosques with his Family. Personally, I do not care if it's a Church, Mosque, Shrine, Temple or whatever, if it is an illegal structure, or the area is needed for the sake of progress, then take it down, and build the roads.

For Lagos to resemble any form of sanity in 2025, a lot of buildings ill have to be taken down to give way to roads. It is unfortunate that Lagos was planned by the British to have at best tracks for Buggies and Carriages. This is why space was not reserved for future expansion, which allows for growth. Even today, I see gutters being built at the edge of roadways without any clue as to the required future needs of such roads.

It irks me that unlike Fashola, most of our Nigerian leaders lack the foresight for the future. We currently build roads to accommodate existing traffic jams, when we should be planning them to accommodate traffic jams for 2010. You could lay down on a highway in Atlanta Georgia in 1985 and even play tennis without cars showing up for a few minutes. But the same area now is heavily congested. Nigerian planners should get some proper training in projected traffic estimation and growth.

Back to the issue here, y'all better be glad that Fashola is trying to build roads instead of embezzling money. But then in Nigeria, even a goof guy with honour cannot win by losing.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by piroh(m): 11:50pm On Apr 07, 2009
if church, mosque or shrine contitute an illegal structure they must go down! rule of law should prevail
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by luckiest: 12:04am On Apr 08, 2009
Ireport: sincerely you disappointed me I always like to read some of your thread but this time you messed it up; why do you think he is destroying churches and not mosque, am not a muslim but I know mosque are not built indescriminately like we build churches; common look around town the newly built stores has already being converted into church if I have my way I will ask the governor to tax them because those places were approved as shops but instead coverted for other (church business) venture. the government should immediately STOP and SEAL-OFF all churches in shopping complex and shops. Newly annointed pastors should learn to come together and build churches instead of using shops meant for selling goods and services. It is criminal and I don't care what people think; that is just to proof to you that most of them see this church affair as business and nothing more; or why is it that any new pastor wants to start on his own mmmn General Overseer; the next thing will be miracles
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by Jakumo(m): 6:36am On Apr 08, 2009
[size=18pt]YES !   YES !   YES !  FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2011 !  [/size]

Take Lagos to the Promised Land,  Governor Fashola !    You are The Man !

Wait a minute now.  I need to finish up my victory dance before I write another word.        Yeah. Now that's better. 

OOOOOOweee Praise the Lord !  Fashola is FINALLY taking action against these hooligans in church robes who rob Nigerians of their money, and KILL them in needless traffic jams caused by deluded and indoctrinated fools who have nothing better to do with their money that throw it at a pastor to fuel his new Gulfstream 4 private jet.

[size=14pt]Phuck you Pastor Eunuch, and the mangy, flea-infested ass you rode in on, you foul sack of stinky pig excrement. [/size] 

Take 'em down,  Fashola.   Take 'em down.   You are on the right path, AND on the right side of history, which will assuredly adjudge you the best and most enlightened political leader ever sworn into office in Nigeria's entire 50-year history as an independent nation.      FASHOLA IS DA MAN ! ! !   

On behalf of all sane, long-suffering users of Nigerian roads, I hereby PLEAD with Governor Fashola to now place the crosshairs on Pastor Eunuch's Reprobate Money Laundering Camp, that has callously blocked the Lagos to Ibadan Expressway for one entire day, every month, throughout the past quarter CENTURY, just as soon as the dust clears and the bulldozers have completed the delightful task of pulverising and leveling the concentration camps built by Pastor Eunuch and his fellow Jesus-looters along the Lekki beachfront corridor.   

Yes We Can !    Yes We Can !   Thank you sir !  Thank you Governor Fashola, for restoring hope that justice indeed can prevail, even in a land that often seems so utterly God-forsaken and hopeless.

Yes sir indeed.  Today is a glorious day, and I will walk with a little added spring in my step, buoyed by the unfolding promise of Governor Fashola that all is not lost for Nigeria.

Take Them Down, Fashola, Take them Down !     By the way, Your Excellency, I am fully certified to operate a Caterpillar D9T mega-Bulldozer, and I will work for FREE as my humble contribution to expedite this urgent shanty-town clean-up along the squatter-infested roads of Lagos.   Sho y'right.

Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by ahf(m): 8:14am On Apr 08, 2009
We should try to avoid bais in some of our statements.

If a rule is in place, let everybody follow it for the good of everybody.

The norm in our society where laws are for a few is not the best.

If petty traders illegal structures can be demolished for been in violation, then big offices should also be demolished for been in violation.

Only when we treat issues on a level playing gorund can we progress,

But as a people can we really be "JUST and FAIR" ??
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by Druss(m): 8:29am On Apr 08, 2009
If it is against the law - demolish it - Jesus said give to Ceasar what is Ceaser!!
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by emiemi(f): 8:37am On Apr 08, 2009
That's right! Let's not be dogma when issues of religion is mentioned in any discussion.

What's wrong doesn't have any other name, it's wrong. If the churches and other buildings

are illegally built, then they should all be demolished. Religion should not make us dumb, we
all have a brain and conscience, let's utilise them. Until we start doing that, I'm sorry we won't
be able to make the progress that we desire as a nation.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by onyengbu1(m): 10:23am On Apr 08, 2009
this funmi gal is always full of hatred!

If you are looking for christian sympathy by mentioning that no mosques are being demolished, its obvious to you now that you are not getting it?

The topic even says RCCG even though the other churches are involved in the suit.

What a gal!
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by JJYOU: 10:30am On Apr 08, 2009
wbb
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by penfold(m): 10:37am On Apr 08, 2009
Really, we should be very careful about some of our posts on this forum (i guess its fortunate that you cannot sue for libel or defamation thru the internet)

The true facts about itedo village:

Itedo community and the ikate elegushi community are currently embroiled in court case over the said plots of land, ikate elegushi family having granted a lease to the itedo community (who are ilajes from ondo state) about 60 years ago, the said lease being for 50 years (that means it expired 10 years ago). On the expiration of the lease, the ikate elegushi community refused to renew the lease (i no blame them, the market value of the land don increase about 1,000,000 times), itedo claimed that they could not be ejected from the land, thus they went to court. after a series of judgements, the courts ruled in favour of the elegushis, the itedos then appealed. the court then ordered that the status quo should be maintained on the land pendinmg determination of the appeal. meanwhile the land had been sold to all sorts of people (commissioners in fashola govt, and iyabo obasanjo inclusive). the several cases on the land and the court order made it impossible to process C of O, or even get building approval from the relevant authorities. All previous approvals and certificates on the land were then revoked. fashola, being who he is, woke up one day and decided all buildings without relevant documents should be demolished (as is usual with our "gomina", not because of any religious or political reasons).
the residents refused to take this lying low, hence, we took LASG to court.
P.E.R.I.O.D
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by aduje(m): 10:39am On Apr 08, 2009
If the structures are confirmed to be illegal, government should demolish them especially for the interest of improved traffic flow. On the other hand, if some agents of Lagos state government collected money to issue fake permit to these property owners, these government agents should be brought to book and prosecuted. I am aware that many government agents especially in Lagos issue fake permits and building approvals to unsuspecting members of the public.
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by ernal(m): 10:57am On Apr 08, 2009
Nigerians seems to be the most religious people on earth,some how the most cursed too.

Loads of church everyday n what has it gotten us, i wish all churches could just be turn to some Physics laboratory maybe we go improve small, abeg make una Crucifix me if una want.God is Physics. grin
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by larez(m): 11:33am On Apr 08, 2009
Jakumo:

[size=18pt]YES !   YES !   YES !  FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2011 !  [/size]

Take Lagos to the Promised Land,  Governor Fashola !    You are The Man !

Wait a minute now.  I need to finish up my victory dance before I write another word.        Yeah. Now that's better. 

OOOOOOweee Praise the Lord !  Fashola is FINALLY taking action against these hooligans in church robes who rob Nigerians of their money, and KILL them in needless traffic jams caused by deluded and indoctrinated fools who have nothing better to do with their money that throw it at a pastor to fuel his new Gulfstream 4 private jet.

[size=14pt]Phuck you Pastor Eunuch, and the mangy, flea-infested ass you rode in on, you foul sack of stinky pig excrement. [/size] 

Take 'em down,  Fashola.   Take 'em down.   You are on the right path, AND on the right side of history, which will assuredly adjudge you the best and most enlightened political leader ever sworn into office in Nigeria's entire 50-year history.      FASHOLA IS DA MAN ! ! !   

On behalf of all sane, long-suffering users of Nigerian roads, I hereby PLEAD with Governor Fashola to now place the crosshairs on Pastor Eunuch's Reprobate Money Laundering Camp, that has callously blocked the Lagos to Ibadan Expressway for one entire day, every month, throughout the past quarter CENTURY, just as soon as the dust clears and the bulldozers have completed the delightful task of pulverising and leveling the concentration camps built by Pastor Eunuch and his fellow Jesus-looters along the Lekki beachfront corridor.   

Yes We Can !    Yes We Can !   Thank you sir !  Thank you Governor Fashola, for restoring hope that justice indeed can prevail, even in a land that often seems so utterly God-forsaken and hopeless.

Yes sir indeed.  Today is a glorious day, and I will walk with a little added spring in my step, buoyed by the unfolding promise of Governor Fashola that all is not lost for Nigeria.

Take Them Down, Fashola, Take them Down !     By the way, Your Excellency, I am fully certified to operate a Caterpillar D9T mega-Bulldozer, and I will work for FREE as my humble contribution to expedite this urgent shanty-town clean-up along the squatter-infested the roads of Lagos.   Sho y'right.

D9T na bullet proof strictly U.S. Military. My Brotha, Abeg come helep me dig pit for Quarry. I need some illegal mexicans wey wan comot too. Mechanic and Drill operator. Hook me up jare,
Re: Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt by ohaechesi(m): 11:40am On Apr 08, 2009
funny people living in a funny world with funny ideas and funny expression grin what else can i say

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EndSARS: Many Victims Already Received Compensation – Lai Mohammed / FG To Buy 30 Airplanes To Reduce Airline Ticket / Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.