Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Biafra Can Happen Again - Ojukwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Can Happen Again - Ojukwu (847 Views)

Agatu Massacre: It’ll Never Happen Again, IGP Assures Reps / Kogi Tribunal: Anything Can Happen / Red Alert: If War Come Biafra Can Crush Nigeria Military In 72hrs-ifeduba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Can Happen Again - Ojukwu by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 12, 2015
Do you think there may be another Biafra?

OJUKWU: I don’t go that way in my thought because Biafra is most a conscious plan as such. Circumstances created Biafra. And the way I look at it, those circumstances are not present as at now, but I am warning that if we are not careful, the circumstances will reappear. That means it is a warning and it is not that one sits down to say, oh, we want to do … And the other thing I want to point out is this, a lot will depend on the accommodation Nigeria gives. Certainly, if we go ahead without restructuring the federation, chances are that there will be another Biafra. It is the restructuring of the federation that will decide. If we have a federation, we should all agree on what type of federation. We should agree… what are the federating units. We should agree what are their powers. What are the general powers and what are the residual powers and where do they reside? These are the things we have to clear. How much autonomy do we get? We would not fight just for a name as such. No. The important thing is what do we get in this situation and how do we live in it.

1 Share

Re: Biafra Can Happen Again - Ojukwu by respect80(m): 10:06am On Sep 12, 2015
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra Can Happen Again - Ojukwu by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 12, 2015
Re: Biafra Can Happen Again - Ojukwu by Tallesty1(m): 10:10am On Sep 12, 2015
Prophet

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Can Happen Again - Ojukwu by OfoIgbo: 10:13am On Sep 12, 2015
Prophetic words!!!!

Basically, the non-restructuring of Nigeria will lead to Biafra. How very true.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Can Happen Again - Ojukwu by MrRobot: 10:22am On Sep 12, 2015
Biafra has come already

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Can Happen Again - Ojukwu by Tdarry: 10:29am On Sep 12, 2015
With these able-bodied fanatics on our side, who can stop us grin cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Can Happen Again - Ojukwu by DaBullIT(m): 10:30am On Sep 12, 2015
Says the captain who abandoned ship

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Can Happen Again - Ojukwu by farem: 10:32am On Sep 12, 2015
Dead words on dead idea from dead personality.
Can someone allow the Ikemba to rest!
Why do I want to stay in Lagos or Abuja and expect the Biafra to realise? It's hypocrisy
To have Biafra come speedily, leave the gaddem Lagos, Abuja and head to the East!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Can Happen Again - Ojukwu by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 12, 2015
One Nigeria is the answer
Re: Biafra Can Happen Again - Ojukwu by SOUNDKING: 11:26am On Sep 12, 2015
Closecall:
One Nigeria is the answer
there you lied.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra Can Happen Again - Ojukwu by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 12, 2015
SOUNDKING:
there you lied.
Are you sure
Re: Biafra Can Happen Again - Ojukwu by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 12, 2015
Closecall:
Do you think there may be another Biafra?

OJUKWU: I don’t go that way in my thought because Biafra is most a conscious plan as such. Circumstances created Biafra. And the way I look at it, those circumstances are not present as at now, but I am warning that if we are not careful, the circumstances will reappear. That means it is a warning and it is not that one sits down to say, oh, we want to do … And the other thing I want to point out is this, a lot will depend on the accommodation Nigeria gives. Certainly, if we go ahead without restructuring the federation, chances are that there will be another Biafra. It is the restructuring of the federation that will decide. If we have a federation, we should all agree on what type of federation. We should agree… what are the federating units. We should agree what are their powers. What are the general powers and what are the residual powers and where do they reside? These are the things we have to clear. How much autonomy do we get? We would not fight just for a name as such. No. The important thing is what do we get in this situation and how do we live in it.

(1) (Reply)

Code For Mtn Recharge / Government Should Do Something In My Village (must Read) photos / Photos: Osinbajo Signs US $2.3 Billion Poverty Alleviation Deal For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.