Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,096 members, 7,821,795 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (388558 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by samtobi(m): 8:29am On Jun 22, 2017
supergata:
Please do i need to use foreign profile and vpn to get more jobs on upwork?

Hi Supergata,

The truth is, if I advise you to use a foreign IP, Upwork would want to verify your identity through their video verification process. So, if they figure out that you aren't real, your account would have to pay the ultimate price.

If you decide to use a Nigerian account in an already saturated, and competitive Niche like Writing, the chances of getting accepted and approved are very slim.

So, you can see the situation right now. Upwork has made it way too tight for Nigerians to get access.

I will let you know if there is a way out for this.

Notwithstanding, if there is any guru in the house who would love to help, your contribution will be highly appreciated.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by samtobi(m): 8:34am On Jun 22, 2017
siralexis:

thanks man..can i get ur digits incase. .please
PM through my signature.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by bizzynix: 12:05pm On Jun 22, 2017
Let us help you withdraw from your Fiverr, Upwork, Iwriter, Freelance, Elance accounts from $50 above into paypal while you get paid in cash instantly. Contact below.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Jesuspikin8: 2:22pm On Jun 22, 2017
Wheew cry

God have I scavenged for a thread like this.

Good day everyone. I have been writing sports articles for the past 6 months albeit through naija middlemen I suspect are upworkers.

Last week, I decided to own an Upwork account myself so that I wouldn't have to turn up bulky content before I make a reasonable paygrade.

Except it didn't work. My profile was rejected with a citing that "my skills are not currently needed."

I initially waved it off, thinking I just needed a smart bypass and decided to do more research only to stagger into Quora threads citing how Upwork no longer accept new freelancers especially rookies.

But this thread seems to be telling a different story.

Please, guys how do I get my profile to be accepted?

2 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Jesuspikin8: 2:24pm On Jun 22, 2017
^^^ Please, help me out with the above. Thanks.

Cc Zinosleek Samtobi kaycodes bolabell picoolioz siralexis nell4
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Clone2020(m): 5:55pm On Jun 22, 2017
Fiverr PayPal withdrawal rate N340 per dollar

Only withdrawing $100 and above

Rates are exactly as listed in ad, no surprises

My contact in signature.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by siralexis(m): 11:36pm On Jun 22, 2017
Jesuspikin8:
Wheew cry

Good day everyone. I have been writing sports articles for the past 6 months albeit through naija middlemen I suspect are upworkers.

Last week, I decided to own an Upwork account myself so that I wouldn't have to turn up bulky content before I make a reasonable paygrade.

Except it didn't work. My profile was rejected with a citing that "my skills are not currently needed."

I initially waved it off, thinking I just needed a smart bypass and decided to do more research only to stagger into Quora threads citing how Upwork no longer accept new freelancers especially rookies.

the only way to go
NOTE removed

5 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 23, 2017
Jesuspikin8:
Wheew cry

some categories are filled up with freelancers from a particular country thats what i believe.

like my own category only 7 Nigerians and only 3 are active... though it took them like a week to approve my profile.

but am having problem verifying my profile... i don't have a microphone to connect to my "ancient computer" can any one give me ideas on how to go through it
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by topsquino(m): 12:33am On Jun 23, 2017
Dear Estimable Digital Strategist:

We are a team of highly ambitious Nigerians, and we are looking for a Freelance Digital Marketing Strategist to help us promote our new business, an e-commerce site, within 1-2 months. To say it another way, you will be working with us for at least 1 month. And if our relationship is smooth, we may extend the contract. While we cannot divulge our business plans now until we hire the successful person, we want you (the applicant) to know that our business model is quite different from popular e-commerce sites like Konga, Jumia, Jiji, and OLX. So, we need somebody who is very motivated to help us promote our websites online.

Our Digital Marketing Aims

• To ensure that within a month, an average online user in Nigeria knows about our services
• To ensure that within a month, most Nigeria users on social media knows about our website.
• To help us reduce the cost of our digital marketing campaign as we have limited capital.

Job Description

• Formulate, develop and manage our digital marketing campaigns
• Provide us a template of the total cost of achieving our digital marketing aims
• Oversee our social media strategies
• Suggest SEO strategies that will helps us improve the visibility and ranking of our website on search engines
• Assist us to achieve our digital marketing aims

Our Requirements

• You must be able to articulate your ideas and thoughts both verbally and orally. That is, you must have outstanding oral and written skills.
• You must have strong online sales, marketing and advertising experience.
• You must be reliable, hardworking, passionate about digital marketing.
• You must have good knowledge about the latest trends in digital marketing.
• You must have a full grasp of the mode of operations of e-commerce stores like Konga, Jumia, and Jiji
• You must have a laptop, a smartphone and a reliable internet connection
• You must have a team mindset

Benefits

• Opportunity to be a part of a group of talented young Nigerians who are very passionate about providing great services to clients
• Flexible minimum working hours
• A fair pay

Note

We are not concerned about what you studied in the university or your degrees. We want someone who can offer us practical solutions on how to reduce the cost of our digital marketing campaign as well as achieve the aims of our digital marketing campaign.

How to Apply

Kindly write a letter of 300-400 words, telling about the cost-effective methods which we can use to ensure that every user on Nairaland knows about our new website. Also, tell us why you think you deserve this position. If we are satisfied with your response, we will welcome you to join our team. Our email is topsquino@gmail.com and the deadline is June 29, 2017.

Regards

Topsquno
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by mycad: 1:48am On Jun 23, 2017
Guru in the house pls i need your help on register successful on upwork because i had try it with and without IP but they are still rejecting me......pls help oo
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Jesuspikin8: 4:48am On Jun 23, 2017
siralexis:

the only way to go about itnid...

open an account in data entry niche..it will be accepted in 5 min then change it to writing niche
NOTE (I PAID FOR THIS STUFF I JUST TOLD YOU)
Wow thank you so much. God bless you
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Gmajor(m): 6:16am On Jun 23, 2017
wamiikechukwu:

some categories are filled up with freelancers from a particular country thats what i believe.

like my own category only 7 Nigerians and only 3 are active... though it took them like a week to approve my profile.

but am having problem verifying my profile... i don't have a microphone to connect to my "ancient computer" can any one give me ideas on how to go through it
what niche are you in?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by zinosleek(m): 2:19pm On Jun 23, 2017
I think they are others site if upwork turn you down. Try fiverr or freelancer. I am gradually Building my profile on freelancer though the pay is small for now.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by justi4jesu(f): 6:46am On Jun 24, 2017
Bring all your Payoneer to me/$

Fiverr withdrawal also available/$

Contact on my Signature. Tested and Trusted
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by modath(f): 6:46am On Jun 24, 2017
Bring ALL your payoneer funds and cash out at good rates....

Cash ready 24/7 ... NO LIMIT

Transaction completed in 10 mins or LESS...

Whatsapp on siggy...

Merci ...
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 6:53am On Jun 24, 2017
Account approval wahala? No worries
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by pastie(m): 2:40pm On Jun 24, 2017
following.......
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Saheed69(m): 9:15pm On Jun 25, 2017
$123 Fiverr PayPal withdrawal available
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 25, 2017
Gmajor:

what niche are you in?

sotware development
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by modath(f): 5:27am On Jun 26, 2017

Transaction completed in minutes.. NO DELAY

Whatsapp on siggy...

Merci ...
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by siralexis(m): 1:33pm On Jun 26, 2017
wamiikechukwu:

sotware development
baba sbeg we fit yarn?i wan learn soft dev.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by siralexis(m): 1:33pm On Jun 26, 2017
wamiikechukwu:

sotware development
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 26, 2017
siralexis:

are you good at programming, it's not just finding jobs but it's about doing a professional work.

my own soft dev is different from what you have in mind
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by siralexis(m): 5:24pm On Jun 26, 2017
wamiikechukwu:

are you good at programming, it's not just finding jobs but it's about doing a professional work.

my own soft dev is different from what you have in mind

i am not looking for jobs too bro,i wanna learn from you ...
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by rayopt(m): 5:25pm On Jun 26, 2017
this is a good thread!!!

pls, fellas in the house, I need a freelance job based on writing. . .can't get around upwork due to technical know-how like IP and all.

anyone with an extra workload should help a brother out. . .am currently out of job, biko i need your help.

don't bother about my ability, you are free to evaluate me biko. . .

I've tried fiverr last 2yrs to no avail. . .had to abandon it for my 8–5 job but now, I really don't know where to start.

so guys, pls help a brother out. .writing jobs alone
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 26, 2017
siralexis:

i am not looking for jobs too bro,i wanna learn from you ...
learn wetin
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by mrphysics(m): 6:13pm On Jun 26, 2017
rayopt:
this is a good thread!!!

pls, fellas in the house, I need a freelance job based on writing. . .can't get around upwork due to technical know-how like IP and all.

anyone with an extra workload should help a brother out. . .am currently out of job, biko i need your help.

don't bother about my ability, you are free to evaluate me biko. . .

I've tried fiverr last 2yrs to no avail. . .had to abandon it for my 8–5 job but now, I really don't know where to start.

so guys, pls help a brother out. .writing jobs alone
You shouldn't have left fiverr. You weren't patient, if you were, by now you would have made it big.

Upwork is complicated, I tried it and left it for fiverr. in just two months, I have earned more than $500 on fiverr.

When I started, it wasn't easy, I wanted to quit but had to continue. I was almost living on buyers request and it was trickling. lucky enough my gig price was high yet people came for me as a new seller. What helped was that one MBA guy came with one project work. Even when I didn't know it, I had to do it and how got 98. With that he kept ordering.

So don't lose hope, get back to fiverr
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fikayor2(m): 9:05pm On Jun 26, 2017
I started freelancing early last year but I was unable to get offers due to lack of experience, along the line I gave up upwork for fiverr and things changed almost immediately for me. Though it wasn't easy too on fiverr but I'd seen beyond little effort made on fiverr compared to upwork so that kept me motivated when sales not coming. Thank God I'm a level two seller some months later. Just s week ago I decided to try my luck on upwork with the mindset of a professional freelancer lol. Then I sent 3 proposals within two weeks and today I got $125 contract which is certainly going to go on continuously with the same client. My personal observation and advice; fiverr is good for starter then upwork after lot of experience gathered on fiverr.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by rayopt(m): 10:50pm On Jun 26, 2017
mrphysics:

You shouldn't have left fiverr. You weren't patient, if you were, by now you would have made it big.

Upwork is complicated, I tried it and left it for fiverr. in just two months, I have earned more than $500 on fiverr.

When I started, it wasn't easy, I wanted to quit but had to continue. I was almost living on buyers request and it was trickling. lucky enough my gig price was high yet people came for me as a new seller. What helped was that one MBA guy came with one project work. Even when I didn't know it, I had to do it and how got 98. With that he kept ordering.

So don't lose hope, get back to fiverr

pls boss give me a lil heads up, are you also on writing gigs?

someone told me that i can't get anything putting on writing gigs on fiverr. . .

pls I need a little chat with you, I won't take much of your time, I promise. .am not a complete novice. .don't knw if you can drop your number but here is mine and my email. .fanks a bunch bro.

0 9 0 9 1 2 6 8 7 2 8

rahzayo@gmail.com
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by modath(f): 5:28am On Jun 27, 2017

Transaction completed in minutes.. NO DELAY

Whatsapp on siggy...

Merci ...

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.