Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (388743 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by promo4(m): 5:04pm On Jun 29, 2017
ayo527:

How much would you do an hour for?
I'm quite busy but my minimum is $20 per hour.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by smokers: 6:43pm On Jun 29, 2017
ayo527:

I've replied your mail. We can discuss now.
i have replied back add me on whatsapp 08095878020 lets discuss more bro
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 29, 2017
zinosleek:
I did a job for someone on freelancer and the person was suppose to pay like a week ago, but have not respond to any of my messages till now. Though I have experience when someone didn't pay on time but the person was still communicating. This case is diff as the person has not replied me for almost a week. Pls has anyone had experience like this?

lol there was a guy that i worked for, this guy is a pain in the ass, after weeks of working for him he finally said that he won't pay me only for me to see the mile stone he approved of yesterday.

concerning your question, i advice you post this same problem in the community, am sure you will get replies .
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ayo527(m): 7:48pm On Jun 29, 2017
smokers:

i have replied back add me on whatsapp 08095878020 lets discuss more bro

sent you a message
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by zinosleek(m): 8:18pm On Jun 29, 2017
wamiikechukwu:

lol there was a guy that i worked for, this guy is a pain in the ass, after weeks of working for him he finally said that he won't pay me only for me to see the mile stone he approved of yesterday.

concerning your question, i advice you post this same problem in the community, am sure you will get replies .

Thanks very much. This guy just been offline for awhile now
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by masterz(m): 3:51pm On Jun 30, 2017
Recently someone mentioned on this thread that he has issues with withdrawing from Upwork to Gtbank.

I am about to withdraw. Which of UBA or FCMB will be a better alternative?

Or Is there no issue with withdrawing to Gtbank again?

Thank you

c tolajay
Cc twosquare
Cc fingerprinter
Cc mrphysics
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Fingerprinter(m): 3:57pm On Jun 30, 2017
masterz:
Recently someone mentioned on this thread that he has issues with withdrawing from Upwork to Gtbank.

Thank you

c tolajay
Cc twosquare
Cc fingerprinter
Cc mrphysics
I'm not on upwork so I don't about their withdrawal procedures!

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by mrphysics(m): 4:28pm On Jun 30, 2017
masterz:

Thank you

c tolajay
Cc twosquare
Cc fingerprinter
Cc mrphysics
I also do not have account with Upwork, so I have no experience on the best bank.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by promo4(m): 5:21pm On Jun 30, 2017
Please I need help on how to find the email addresses of Leaders of Companies in US. I already have their names and titles. Please any clue to get this done would be appreciated.

Thanks..
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Clone2020(m): 8:43pm On Jun 30, 2017
promo4:
Please I need help on how to find the email addresses of Leaders of Companies in US. I already have their names and titles. Please any clue to get this done would be appreciated.

Thanks..

Join linkend and pay the premium monthly fee.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Clone2020(m): 8:43pm On Jun 30, 2017
Fiverr, Upwork and all PayPal withdrawal rate N340 per dollar

Only withdrawing $100 and above..

All transactions are done within minutes

My contact in signature
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by twosquare(m): 8:59pm On Jun 30, 2017
masterz:

Thank you

c tolajay
Cc twosquare
Cc fingerprinter
Cc mrphysics
I don't use direct withdrawal to local bank due to the bank rates which is low. Payoneer is Bae.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by promo4(m): 9:55pm On Jun 30, 2017
Clone2020:

Join linkend and pay the premium monthly fee.

Waoo.. Thanks for the clue though I don't have money to do that now.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tolajay: 12:43am On Jul 01, 2017
First, the banks don't determine the exchange rate when doing direct withdrawal via Upwork. I presume an average rate is reached between the interbank and parallel market rates.

As at Wednesday [28/06/2017], the direct withdrawal rate was N332.49/$. Mind you processing fee is $0.99 as against $2.50 or on Payoneer. [ Just consider your options and what works best for you...I like to avoid exchangers' wahala, hence, I turn to the direct payment option].

I currently have a Diamond Bank account linked account. So, I can 'categorically' say if any of those banks will/won't be compatible with Upwork's direct withdrawal policy.

Hope this helps...Best!

masterz:

Thank you

c tolajay
Cc twosquare
Cc fingerprinter
Cc mrphysics

2 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by coolhamid(m): 12:45am On Jul 01, 2017
twosquare:
I don't use direct withdrawal to local bank due to the bank rates which is low. Payoneer is Bae.
Bro, does upwork has android app, like the way Fiverr has ? Or you guys make use of INTERNET browsers alone?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by modath(f): 5:44am On Jul 01, 2017
Bring ALL your payoneer funds and cash out at good rates....

Cash ready 24/7 ... NO LIMIT

Transaction completed in minutes.. NO DELAY

Whatsapp on siggy...

Gracias.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by twosquare(m): 6:19am On Jul 01, 2017
coolhamid:

Bro, does upwork has android app, like the way Fiverr has ? Or you guys make use of INTERNET browsers alone?
You can download Upwork app on Playstore
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 6:30am On Jul 01, 2017
masterz:

Thank you

c tolajay
Cc twosquare
Cc fingerprinter
Cc mrphysics
Go ahead with the UBA, the bank works great with Upwork withdrawals. Transfers from Upwork to my UBA are concluded within 30 minutes - wise choice I'd say!

3 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Swegzfreak: 6:54am On Jul 01, 2017
Account needed for 2k$ bank deposit in the states...
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 01, 2017
Hello guys... please I need help.

My client's project has finished, it ran for 15 months and I was the project manager. I got the job on Upwork but we did not deal on Upwork... we took the dealings offsite. He paid me straight to my bank account every month.

I did very good work for him but because it was off-site, I can't receive any feedback or ratings from the job. Also two months ago, I took a job from a Nigerian client that turned out to be a horror job. After thirty days, I called it quits and told her not to even bother paying me, instead, not to mark me down, but she went ahead and marked me down. This caused my Upwork job completion rate to drop from 100% to 88%.

I have been prospecting for jobs for the last two months without luck and I think my job completion rate being less than 90% has something to do with clients not hiring me.

Here's where I need help:

Please can anyone give me a small project on Upwork? I can also arrange with and pay you some money to award a project to me. Something small -- under $20. After the project is completed, you would then give me good ratings and a good comment as well to help drive up my job success rate.

Please anyone who is willing to help me out should quote me or send me a PM so I can send my details. So we can also discuss.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 2:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
Raiyell:

My client's project has finished, it ran for 15 months and I was the project manager. I got the job on Upwork but we did not deal on Upwork... we took the dealings offsite. He paid me straight to my bank account every month.

I did very good work for him but because it was off-site, I can't receive any feedback or ratings from the job. Also two months ago, I took a job from a Nigerian client that turned out to be a horror job. After thirty days, I called it quits and told her not to even bother paying me, instead, not to mark me down, but she went ahead and marked me down. This caused my Upwork job completion rate to drop from 100% to 88%.

I have been prospecting for jobs for the last two months without luck and I think my job completion rate being less than 90% has something to do with clients not hiring me.

Please can anyone give me a small project on Upwork? I can also arrange with and pay you some money to award a project to me. Something small -- under $20. After the project is completed, you would then give me good ratings and a good comment as well to help drive up my job success rate.

Please anyone who is willing to help me out should quote me or send me a PM so I can send my details. So we can also discuss.

Your low JSS score has got very little to do with you not getting hired. I faced something similar a few weeks ago, lost my Top Rated status as well as my 100% JSS score in less than a week and I thought it was fimito! (I'll write on my experience with some "clients from hell" and how I mitigated their effects some other time). Thing is, despite crashing from 100% to 79% within two update cycles, I've gone on to land my two biggest jobs in the platform. My JSS apparently, was a non issue. Perhaps it was favour at work, but that was my experience.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 01, 2017
keishik:

Your low JSS score has got very little to do with you not getting hired. I faced something similar a few weeks ago, lost my Top Rated status as well as my 100% JSS score in less than a week and I thought it was fimito! (I'll write on my experience with some "clients from hell" and how I mitigated their effects some other time). Thing is, despite crashing from 100% to 79% within two update cycles, I've gone on to land my two biggest jobs in the platform. My JSS apparently, was a non issue. Perhaps it was favour at work, but that was my experience.

Job success score definitely helps one get hired. How do I know? I created a client account last month and set the required job success to over 90%. All the candidates who had less than that were moved down the queue by Upwork. Also, there is a feature whereby Upwork pushes some freelancers to the client as a good fit for the job, all those who were recommended for me had the required job success rate and more.

I know JSS is not the beginning and end of the world, it is simply a "nice to have" asset in your kitty. Also, I feel pained that you did not offer me any tangible solutions, instead you are talking about favor... what's that? I mean favor?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by oluwajezuru(m): 3:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
mrphysics:

It's not true. I was completely new on the writing gig and I have only done just one job below $50. I have done work of $170, $140, 110, 100 etc even as a beginner. In fact my first work was a $79 as a beginner. The only issue is how consistent you are. I will add you on whatsapp but just give me a little time. I'm not always going to whatsapp because I have much on me.

Remember I told you that within 2 Months I made over $500 as a beginner. I didn't even buy a review.

please give me time

Please can you also add me on whatsapp....08062554477. Will be very grateful.
Thanks
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by AYOT12(m): 3:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
ayo527:
Hello,
I need two people who are interested in doing transcription jobs.

The accent is asian and the audio is of average quality.

Pay is 2k per audio hour.
(Modified: but i'm open to negotiations)

Note that I will always review the transcripts to determine the quality of the work done.

I have no other way of guaranteeing that you will get paid other than my word. I've been a nairalander since 2012 and I would not taint my reputation over 2k.

If interested, kindly contact my signature.
Thanks.

I am interested bro.
u can contact me on watsapp on 08038490840
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Lalo80: 4:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
Please good people of nairaland, I just registered on freelance.com and I wanted to bid for a data entry job but they said I need reviews. My question is how can I get this review. Please i need a good Nigerian help. Thanks.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by bemagnify: 6:19pm On Jul 01, 2017
WEY ALL THE EXCHANGERS NA..... NA ONLY CLONE I DA C HERE(I NO FIT CREATE NEW EMAIL NOW..O PLS I NEED SOMEONE T0 CARRY OUT FIVERR WITHDRAWAL FOR ME. $135.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by coolhamid(m): 6:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lalo80:
Please good people of nairaland, I just registered on freelance.com and I wanted to bid for a data entry job but they said I need reviews. My question is how can I get this review. Please i need a good Nigerian help. Thanks.
I asked same question here but no one is willing to help, you can hook me on whatapp via my number in my signature, perhaps we can figure solution out together .... They say two heads are better than one .
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by coolhamid(m): 6:31pm On Jul 01, 2017
Raiyell:

bro, can w chat via whatsapp please . I have similar issue to sort out via upwork
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Zdoh(m): 8:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
bemagnify:
WEY ALL THE EXCHANGERS NA..... NA ONLY CLONE I DA C HERE(I NO FIT CREATE NEW EMAIL NOW..O PLS I NEED SOMEONE T0 CARRY OUT FIVERR WITHDRAWAL FOR ME. $135.
I am here come on whatsapp please ...check signature and profile for contact ..
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Zdoh(m): 8:16pm On Jul 01, 2017
EXCHANGE TODAY :

BUYING

Skrill - Paypal - Payoneer and Bitcoin

SELLING

Paypal - Skrill - Neteller - Payoneer and Bitcoin

WITHDRAWAL

Fiverr - Upwork - Freelance - Ceoclark And I writer instant withdrawal and quick payment guarantee.

Kindly,check signature for contact
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by bemagnify: 8:29pm On Jul 01, 2017
Zdoh:
I am here come on whatsapp please ...check signature and profile for contact ..
I thought your PayPal account has been limited?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tbliss22(m): 11:19pm On Jul 01, 2017
bemagnify:
I thought your PayPal account has been limited?

I've got my own PayPal (US verified). Do you buy direct PayPal fund? It's a small change (less than $100)...

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.