Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,846 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (387511 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Neduzze5(m): 10:05am On Sep 29, 2016
stagger:

Their people sometimes pose as employers looking for those who will fall foul of the law. Never attempt to accept being paid outside Upwork if the employer suggests it. It is always a trap.

I think I noticed it because that guy interviewed more than 20 people under the same job posting. Thanks bro. I've learnt my lessons.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 10:27am On Sep 29, 2016
[quote author=Neduzze5 post=49766909]

I think I noticed it because that guy interviewed more than 20 people under the same job posting. Thanks bro. I've learnt my lessons.[/quote

Let me help you explain what happened: The client was "flagged as Inappropriate" by numerous freelancers. Thus, Upwork did an investigation to see freelancers who had already agreed/consented to received payment out of Upwork. So the messages between you and the client were analyzed. If a client/freelancer is flagged as inappropriate, Upwork usually investigates.

2 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Neduzze5(m): 10:36am On Sep 29, 2016
victor101:

Let me help you explain what happened: The client was "flagged as Inappropriate" by numerous freelancers. Thus, Upwork did an investigation to see freelancers who had already agreed/consented to received payment out of Upwork. So the messages between you and the client were analyzed. If a client/freelancer is flagged as inappropriate, Upwork usually investigates.

Thanks bro for this explanation. I will be more careful from now on. Can you give me my first job on my new Upwork account, please??
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by justi4jesu(f): 10:57am On Sep 29, 2016
justi4jesu:
Sell your Payoneer and Skrill Funds to us and get credited within Minutes.

Send us your Funds and get credited with Naira into your Bank Account within minutes of receiving your funds.

Payoneer 380

skrill Rate 390 to $1

Receiving Paypal Rate 320 to $1
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ask1: 11:15am On Sep 29, 2016
[quote author=justi4jesu post=49768352][/quote]
i want to sell $630 payoneer funds
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by justi4jesu(f): 11:21am On Sep 29, 2016
ask1:

i want to sell $630 payoneer funds

Contact me on bbm or whatsapp.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Exoticstan(m): 11:22am On Sep 29, 2016
tonyx4x44:

lol, all of us work for am. Very polite lady.
Honestly. And if you noticed, she put up two such jobs that time; $20 and $25 respectively
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by WalkerMichael(m): 12:36pm On Sep 29, 2016
WalkerMichael:
Hello guys. I have read everything from page 0 up to this present page and I'm going to create an account now on upwork. May I ask for an help?
I'll love to venture or widen my knowledge to academic research and writing, cus I only write contents and articles... may i get few samples of those documents(academic research and writing documents) from those that offer this services on upwork?
Cc victor101 etc abeg! Thank you
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 30, 2016
Hello, I'm currently looking for Freelancers who can write articles with ease and clarity on a daily basis. I pay N800 per article and the minimum number of words is usually 600. Please, if you cannot punctuate, rewrite or construct sentences do not bother to apply. I can sniff plagiarized articles from afar and when I do, you won't be paid. Feel free to send me mail: #####

PS: Do not quote my mail, it will be removed shortly. Scammers are also free to apply. If you can't write, inform your friends and enemies, I have enough jobs to go round. If you wanna make some cash before school kicks off then, now is the time. To your success!
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by IseOluwa777(m): 5:32pm On Sep 30, 2016
Hello all,

Long time ago, 2011 I believe, I did some freelancing work on elance. I made about $300 then but was really put off by the amount of work I had to do to get it, so I left it for other things. Fast forward five years and I find my self without a job (recession things) and all my enterprises I had done are not really making any impact, so I got thinking (actually saw this opportunity last year), " I have got to export something and make some dollars". With the exchange rate at 460 to a dollar, small change of yesterday makes a lot of sense now. So while brainstorming all my options, having gotten tired of trying to hit it big with websites, apps, forex trading..you name it, I probably have been there, I thought to myself: " what was the one thing that ever really paid you decent money online"; then I remembered elance. I went online and found out it was no longer elance but now upworker with their merger with odesk (which I really hated in those days).

Having distinguished myself verifiably online in the academic field in the years in between, i am plunging back to upworker with very strong confidence that I would shortly be earning at least $1000 per week as I can now afford to charge higher and go for higher paying jobs where quality really matters.. At today's exchange rates, that should certainly pay the bills in Nigeria comfortably.

Back then, they used payoneer which was like 8% or 10% or so which was to me, a screaming ripoff, though it was convenient. However, if you coupled it with the fact that you had to accept naira out of the ATM machine at ridiculously low exchange rates, it was just untenable to me then. I see now , some folks here advertising funds exchange at 360, 370, 390 to the dollar, yet current exchange rate is 460. Can someone please educate me on the reason why this is deemed attractive enough to be advertised so gleefully because personally, I am finding it hard to be excited about these offers? Are there new conditions or rules maybe in the banks that make these offers attractive?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 30, 2016
Payoneer and skrill which one sure pass? I have been using payoneer they deducted $29 recently and failed transactions $1 each. I am considering other payment options.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by justi4jesu(f): 5:36am On Oct 01, 2016
mdoub:
Payoneer and skrill which one sure pass? I have been using payoneer they deducted $29 recently and failed transactions $1 each. I am considering other payment options.

Skrill is better. They don't charge annual fee but they charge you 1% of every payment sent. smiley
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by justi4jesu(f): 6:57am On Oct 01, 2016
Sell your Payoneer and Skrill Funds to us and get credited within Minutes.

Send us your Funds and get credited with Naira into your Bank Account within minutes of receiving your funds.

Payoneer 390

skrill Rate 400 to $1

Fiverr withdrawl Paypal Rate 320 to $1
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by dan55: 12:38pm On Oct 01, 2016
please help am a novis in VPN issue

i want to subscribe for premium VPN.
to use for diabolic and auto poster software.
pls i want to know.
1) is it only diabolic i can use VPN.
2)I was told it runs even if your system is off is it true??
3) can i use VPN with facebook page auto poster software. if yes how do i add to use it with VPN.

PLEASE GURUS I NEED A REPLY I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW VPN WORKS...THANKS
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Tabbaz(m): 1:40pm On Oct 01, 2016
I now buy [size=14pt]payoneer [/size]and [size=14pt]skrill [/size]at the same rate

400/$

instant transfer as usual
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by samtobi(m): 2:16pm On Oct 01, 2016
Hibukunholluwah:

please, I am interested.
My email is angiekomolafe@yahoo.com
thanks
Hi! Can you send me a sample of your previous work? I need someone that can write in native English.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by curatorX: 3:42pm On Oct 01, 2016
Tabbaz:
I now buy [size=14pt]payoneer [/size]and [size=14pt]skrill [/size]at the same rate

400/$

instant transfer as usual

Egbon, I get one small fund for my skrill but will appreciate a higher rate.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by dagr8(m): 3:48pm On Oct 01, 2016
curatorX:

Egbon, I get one small fund for my skrill but will appreciate a higher rate.
How many is it? Let me buy it at a good rate
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by curatorX: 3:55pm On Oct 01, 2016
dagr8:
How many is it? Let me buy it at a good rate
About $62 worth
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by dagr8(m): 3:58pm On Oct 01, 2016
curatorX:

About $62 worth
Contact me on whatsapp, my contact is on my signature. I will buy it
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Diamondwriter(m): 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2016
dagr8:

wat's ur rate for skrill and do u buy below 20?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by baarak66(m): 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2016
Please I need help. I would appreciate if anyone can offer me the help. I'm having some difficulties with upwork, I just signed up few months ago. Since then my profile is yet to be activated even after I took it up to reach 100%. Could anyone just invite me for a job for my account to be activated. I design with both 2D and 3D softwares like AutoCAD and Solidworks. I contacted them several times but all proofed abortive. LAWAL MUBARAK is the name. I learned that they use some Robots to reply people from some forums and only when invited by a user would the account be activated. I'll really appreciate if someone could help.
Thanks.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by curatorX: 7:20pm On Oct 01, 2016
dagr8:

Truly great! This guy is trusted and reliable.

My money hit account in less than a minute.

He's passionate also, I had to dash him #20.7 for the great service and higher rate.

Keep the momentum strong!

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Neduzze5(m): 7:23pm On Oct 01, 2016
baarak66:
Please I need help. I would appreciate if anyone can offer me the help. I'm having some difficulties with upwork, I just signed up few months ago. Since then my profile is yet to be activated even after I took it up to reach 100%. Could anyone just invite me for a job for my account to be activated. I design with both 2D and 3D softwares like AutoCAD and Solidworks. I contacted them several times but all proofed abortive. LAWAL MUBARAK is the name. I learned that they use some Robots to reply people from some forums and only when invited by a user would the account be activated. I'll really appreciate if someone could help.
Thanks.

How do you mean your account has not been activated and why do you say so??

Have you not been able to view job postings?

Have you not been able to bid?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by baarak66(m): 7:50pm On Oct 01, 2016
Neduzze5:

How do you mean your account has not been activated and why do you say so??

Have you not been able to view job postings?

Have you not been able to bid?

Thanks so much for the questions.
Anytime I resubmit my profile, I used to get this reply

(We’ve reviewed your profile and currently our marketplace doesn’t have opportunities for your area of expertise.
If you have more relevant skills or experience to add, you can update and re-submit your profile. You can find more information regarding our decision here.)

I have been able to view job posting and anytime I try to bid , I won't be able since my account is yet to be activated.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Rhiya: 8:12pm On Oct 01, 2016
ipain:
do you have a PC? I can teach you website design basic that you can use to start. I am not based in those states but facebook is available for live chat training.

Let me know if you will take it up.
Hello sir...please can I get ur contact (I know some basic for website design) I need mentoring on how to implement them ....please reply God bless you
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fairytale(f): 8:44pm On Oct 01, 2016
[quote author=victor101 post=49767487][/quote]
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Neduzze5(m): 8:45pm On Oct 01, 2016
baarak66:

Thanks so much for the questions.
Anytime I resubmit my profile, I used to get this reply

(We’ve reviewed your profile and currently our marketplace doesn’t have opportunities for your area of expertise.
If you have more relevant skills or experience to add, you can update and re-submit your profile. You can find more information regarding our decision here.)

I have been able to view job posting and anytime I try to bid , I won't be able since my account is yet to be activated.

Post a link to your profile
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by baarak66(m): 8:53pm On Oct 01, 2016
Neduzze5:

Post a link to your profile

Alright, thanks.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~019fce1e8691d12082
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tonyx4x44(m): 9:51pm On Oct 01, 2016
Who exchanges payza? I have one $30+ that is lying fallow

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.