Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (387018 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 5:33pm On Nov 17, 2016
3RNEST:

Your profile and test score matter alot in UPWORK areana but I have a mind blowing cover letter that will bring clients knocking at your door to work for them..

Tips No. 1 if u are new to UPWORK search for new client then do FREE work for them to seek their interest then do follow up.. Client are human not robot... Old client already has their customers so if u keep sending your connect to them u will not get any interview in the next 100 Years to come lolz....

Tips working since 1914.....

Yes this will work, for rock-bottom low paying clients who in the long run dump your service for a more professional freelancer.. A serious client will not accept a free sample, instead you've succeeded in telling him you're trying to please him, with such offer, thus down playing your incompetence.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by dotmans(m): 5:41pm On Nov 17, 2016
i need $2000 Neteller funds

I will buy all your itunes gift card at the best rates.

Instant payment!. Call, text or Whatsapp

Contact in my signature
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 3RNEST(m): 6:37pm On Nov 17, 2016
HeavenlyBang:

Kindly stop this. This is the kind of attitude that's making the market terrible for freelance writers. Know your worth, and don't ever do free work. Professional freelance writers earn as much as 35c per word, while people will be advocating 0.5c per word. Why shouldn't you earn as much as the guys who earn big? If you're not confident in the quality of your work, leave the business.

Sorry if this came off as an attack on you, but I really hate the average third worlder's attitude towards the freelance market.
What are u talking?? I cant understand your lines.. I didnt say u keep doing freework.. Its a sample work to client to make the freelancer stand out among the crowd.

Its seem only Victor101 understand my timeline but I dont know where u originated from throwing words at me.. Dude learn to use the mention button very well before you post.. U beginning to piss me off.. sad
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Worldest96(m): 7:04pm On Nov 17, 2016
http://c./?a=21170&c=37&p=r&E=kkYNyk2M4sk%3d&utm_source=cake&utm_medium=affiliation&utm_campaign=21170&utm_term=

Download the app through that link and start earning cash and commission
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by incredibledan(m): 8:38pm On Nov 17, 2016
Its all true...rule number one...never offer free work...u can offer less price but not free...and you should be able to offer less price with a professional reason for doing so. Like "let me convince you with this, I will offer you for $10 instead of $20.if you like my work then we can go back to negotiations...."

I am not on up work but I use same rule on fiverr, I offer business name services mainly, but I am currently working with a client on his websites content like about us, services etc...without a gig for that, because of the way I convinced him wit my negotiations... Imagine I said $50 for about us....I didn't even have gig for it o.

Although he negotiated and I agreed to accept $10, and I told him its because I do not offer the service because its too cheap on fiverr, but since he is a return buyer who had previously ordered a business name , that is why I am agreeing to take $10, since then he keeps coming back for more..and the recent one i charged him $15 each for some content and $10 for some.

Note that at a point in our first negotiations he even mentioned that he does not trust I will be able to do it. But I think my price convinced him. If I had said $5, he wouldnt have proceeded with negotiations.

And I thank God I have been able to deliver for him and he Iikes them. His job are the only I have done in website content...

I hope the message is passed.

Thank you
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:49pm On Nov 17, 2016
3RNEST:

What are u talking?? I cant understand your lines.. I didnt say u keep doing freework.. Its a sample work to client to make the freelancer stand out among the crowd.

Its seem only Victor101 understand my timeline but I dont know where u originated from throwing words at me.. Dude learn to use the mention button very well before you post.. U beginning to piss me off.. sad
Sample work? That's garbage. You're only telling the client that your time is worth nothing. You'll make money with this strategy, but nothing substantial; you'll never be able to stand with the big boys in the industry, because you're offering the services of an Indian.

victor101:

Yes this will work, for rock-bottom low paying clients who in the long run dump your service for a more professional freelancer.. A serious client will not accept a free sample, instead you've succeeded in telling him you're trying to please him, with such offer, thus down playing your incompetence.

Thank you very much.

I don't even send full articles when submitting a proposal; I send excerpts. My sample is not so you know if I can write or not - I don't need your validation, as I know I can write - it's only so you know if my writing style suits your needs. I make sure to point out that my voice is very malleable, too. If that isn't enough for you as a client, go look for someone else. Hunger never start to beat me, biko.

4 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 3RNEST(m): 10:15pm On Nov 17, 2016
incredibledan:
Its all true...rule number one...never offer free work...u can offer less price but not free...and you should be able to offer less price with a professional reason for doing so. Like "let me convince you with this, I will offer you for $10 instead of $20.if you like my work then we can go back to negotiations...."

I am not on up work but I use same rule on fiverr, I offer business name services mainly, but I am currently working with a client on his websites content like about us, services etc...without a gig for that, because of the way I convinced him wit my negotiations... Imagine I said $50 for about us....I didn't even have gig for it o.

Although he negotiated and I agreed to accept $10, and I told him its because I do not offer the service because its too cheap on fiverr, but since he is a return buyer who had previously ordered a business name , that is why I am agreeing to take $10, since then he keeps coming back for more..and the recent one i charged him $15 each for some content and $10 for some.

Note that at a point in our first negotiations he even mentioned that he does not trust I will be able to do it. But I think my price convinced him. If I had said $5, he wouldnt have proceeded with negotiations.

And I thank God I have been able to deliver for him and he Iikes them. His job are the only I have done in website content...

I hope the message is passed.

Thank you
Noted.... No freework on UPWORK... I take my tips back I expect you guys to see the direction I am coming from thanks to my UPWORK mentor. Hes tips never fail but sharing it here u guys will miss quote me.... So I am out.... smiley
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 17, 2016
guys, the last time I withdrew money from upwork I imputed the exchangers email. now I want withdraw again, but the exchanger says that he doesn't offer such services again.
if I change my email again (twice in a month) I hope my account won't be flagged, banned OR blocked?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by dotmans(m): 11:09pm On Nov 17, 2016
dotmans:

Contact in my signature
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 6:03am On Nov 18, 2016
francleanflexy:
guys, the last time I withdrew money from upwork I imputed the exchangers email. now I want withdraw again, but the exchanger says that he doesn't offer such services again.
if I change my email again (twice in a month) I hope my account won't be flagged, banned OR blocked?
You've earned your money, how you choose to offload it is your prerogative.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 18, 2016
keishik:

You've earned your money, how you choose to offload it is your prerogative.
so you mean that there is nothing wrong with changing emails too often?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 3RNEST(m): 8:17am On Nov 18, 2016
francleanflexy:

so you mean that there is nothing wrong with changing emails too often?
No.. I change mine like 100 times... But payment its 3days to become activated..
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 18, 2016
3RNEST:

No.. I change mine like 100 times... But payment its 3days to become activated..
OK. thanks
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 1:55pm On Nov 18, 2016
francleanflexy:

Mr. Flexy, why not get a personal Payoneer or Skrill? then do the naira conversion with a nairaland exchanger.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by CallmeLucy(m): 2:37pm On Nov 18, 2016
Contact me bro
francleanflexy:
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by dotmans(m): 7:03pm On Nov 18, 2016

Contact in my signature
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Wallie(m): 9:10pm On Nov 18, 2016
victor101:

Well from my own experience most client that quickly tell you to come over to Skype, WhatsApp, emails are just unserious. They will end up asking for free samples, and waste your precious time. So be cautious when transacting with these kind of client, do your own research on them, are they new to upwork? have they hired before? if yes, what is their hiring percentage? do they have jobs post lined-up without hiring? What is his hourly rate on his profile? has he hired any one before with the price I intend to bid at? Does he give excellent review?

These and others should let you know the kind of client you're transacting with. Truly Upwork has made freelancing easier for us. Just their 20% deductions made it quite frustrating, well if you know your onion, clients should pay for that.

Don't be too quick to write people off! I happen to be one of those that would rather communicate through email because it allows me to archive the discussion and also get the developer to sign my own NDA.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by PremiumContent1: 12:32am On Nov 19, 2016
Hello All,

I need someone who can join my team in writing Sport News... mostly football news, BUT I REALLY WANT SOMEONE TO DO GOLF, RUGBY, AND F1.

The articles are 300-word blogs. Please mail premiumcontenter@gmail.com me for further information (send your samples as well).

I am assuming the writer has a laptop and an internet connection.

Regards.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nsonaso(m): 3:40am On Nov 19, 2016
Sell your fiverr, upwork, freelance, guru earnings to me via PayPal
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 6:24am On Nov 19, 2016
Nsonaso:
Sell your fiverr, upwork, freelance, guru earnings to me via PayPal
How does that work and what are your rates?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nsonaso(m): 7:41am On Nov 19, 2016
keishik:
How does that work and what are your rates?
Contact me on my signature via Whatsapp let me guide you through the process
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by dotmans(m): 2:21pm On Nov 20, 2016
dotmans:

Contact in my signature
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 4:47am On Nov 21, 2016
dan55:
use paza for purchase
please how do you buy services and resell them kindly elaborate more cos i am very interested. thanks. may i send you a pm?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tonyx4x44(m): 1:57pm On Nov 21, 2016
finally, they don knack me my top rated badge cool grin

5 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 2:11pm On Nov 21, 2016
tonyx4x44:

Nice one.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 2:12pm On Nov 21, 2016
tonyx4x44:

Nice one, congratulations. Time to make it count.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Exoticstan(m): 3:29pm On Nov 21, 2016
tonyx4x44:
Congratulations for consistently delivering quality Tony!Hopefully, it cam with some extra connects. Like someone would say, "more dollars to your pocket". I am expecting mine by middle of next month. See you there!

3 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by incredibledan(m): 8:36pm On Nov 21, 2016
Please anyone experience fiverr PayPal button saying withdrawal in progress even when I didn't click it and there is no actual withdrawal in progress?..

I need to withdraw but I can't
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by incredibledan(m): 8:37pm On Nov 21, 2016
tonyx4x44:

Are u for real?

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.