Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,273 members, 7,864,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:32 PM

Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa (37377 Views)

Jonathan’s Loss Triggered Biafra Agitations, Says Adesina / The Car Crash That Killed James Ocholi (Photos) / The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by soulhighman(m): 7:44am On Sep 15, 2015
OfoIgbo:

There were already Yorubas in the war even before the thrust towards Lagos.
Yorubas were already involved in some of the ministries that were undermining the Biafean efforts even before the war.

The thing is that Yorubas always try to justify their efforts in betraying their neighbours.
They even justified their actions of 28th march 2015, by deplouing their media arm in labelling GEJ as clueless and an dumbo. It's all about GIVING A DOG A BAD NAME BEFORE HANGING IT
This election issue still dey pain you? Grow up and get over it my friend. Nobody betrayed anybody in the election, people made their choice. Is it a must Yorubas support you? Arrgh.

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by kramer: 7:49am On Sep 15, 2015
SonOfEl:

its only in nairaland that you can spew trash. in the real world, Biafra's bravery in self determination amidst huge opposition is something you cowards can never think of in your slavish life.

There's a thin line between being brave and foolhardy my friend.

I assume Banjo was able to see the difference between the two since he was right in the thick of it (and not sitting behind a desk pushing orders) at the point he was in he knew he couldn't take over Lagos and felt that the only brave thing to do was to swallow his pride , risk persecution by the ibos, and negotiate for peace, that would have saved a whooping 3million people!!! Think about it!! The foolhardy thing to do would have been to press on and still die with your poor soldiers and not be remembered and 3million people would still have died.

So question is, should you be praising the person who would have saved your people from suffering or the person who caused the death of 3million of your people?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by SonOfEl(m): 8:00am On Sep 15, 2015
kramer:

There's a thin line between being brave and foolhardy my friend.

I assume Banjo was able to see the difference between the two since he was right in the thick of it (and not sitting behind a desk pushing orders) at the point he was in he knew he couldn't take over Lagos and felt that the only brave thing to do was to swallow his pride , risk percesution by the ibos, and negotiate for peace, that would have saved a whooping 3million people!!! Think about it!! The foolhardy thing to do would have been to press on and still die with your poor soldiers and not be remembered and 3million people would still have died.

So question is, should you be praising the person who would have saved your people from suffering our the person who led to the death of 3million of your people?

as much as you try hard to sound intelligent, you keep exhibiting your biase and cowardice.

you kill over 50000 igbos in a progrom and expect me to BEG for peace, even after the ABURI ACCORD in Ghana? dude, cowardice is foolhardy. you and your type are just too incredible.... the way you exhibit cowardice with such finesse

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by bofoy(m): 8:02am On Sep 15, 2015
We still need people like this today fearless

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by laudate: 8:08am On Sep 15, 2015
SonOfEl:

its only in nairaland that you can spew trash. in the real world, Biafra's bravery in self determination amidst huge opposition is something you cowards can never think of in your slavish life.

Where is the 'trash' in my post? It is when people like you cannot offer rational, logical points or any superior facts to counter what has been stated, that you descend into the realm of insults. Why am I not surprised? sad

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by ManTiger(m): 8:21am On Sep 15, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

That is the saddest part of Ifeajuna's story: a brilliant man and a distinguished athlete, consumed by guile, rage and ambition.

The boy was being stupid to be used as a pawn, he would have lived till present to enjoy the fame.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by SonOfEl(m): 9:27am On Sep 15, 2015
laudate:

Where is the 'trash' in my post? It is when people like you cannot offer rational, logical points or any superior facts to counter what has been stated, that you descend into the realm of insults. Why am I not surprised? sad

descend into realm of insults? take a look at the mirror.
Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 15, 2015
i may be of EDO extraction...yet i find myself being sympathetic to the Biafra Course undecided since it never materialized , lets sheathe our swords!
#OneNigeria sad
Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by honeywealth75(m): 10:17am On Sep 15, 2015
Am not an ibo but must u term them future criminals? Its unfair we all have bad eggs in our various tribes
Idrismusty97:
A traitor that could have save 3 million lives. Those lives could have multiplied to six million or more by now. Imagine six million more technocrats, Business men/women and of course future criminals all wasted because of a proud beast.
Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by tomakint: 10:37am On Sep 15, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

The "expeditionary" thrust to Lagos via the SW was ab initio ill-conceived. If Ojukwu had stayed put in Biafra, It would have been difficult for Yorubas to enter the war. The war should have been kept simple.
Please don't crack me up, whether Ojukwu stay put within Biafran enclave it is most certain that the Yoruba officers in the Armed Forces would still be used as pawns by the ruling Mallams to fight their Southeastern brethren....check it.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by Dexema(m): 10:52am On Sep 15, 2015
Nice thread,pls continue without the insults of course.
Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by mightyhaze: 10:56am On Sep 15, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

The "expeditionary" thrust to Lagos via the SW was ab initio ill-conceived. If Ojukwu had stayed put in Biafra, It would have been difficult for Yorubas to enter the war. The war should have been kept simple.
stay put in biafra while federal forces amass at enugu while unleashin terror. U forget lagos was d operational seat of govt den wile enugu was d den capital of biafra. U guyz don't cease 2 amaze one.its right 2 attack biafra and not same 4 biafrans 2 retaliate. Ojukwu did not lagos attack 2 spite yoruba,but 2 seize gowon. More like seizin d serpent by d head.d war wud av been brought 2 an abrupt end if not for d folly n schemin nature of col banjo. More over d yorubas were already active in d war b4 den.so don't try 2 twist history just 2 justify d massacre of ova 3million lives
Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by mightyhaze: 11:26am On Sep 15, 2015
dialfa:

I blame Ojukwu. How can you hand a major attacking force to a Yoruba man?
well,at dat time,ojukwu was tryn his hands at diplomacy. Dats further proof dat he had nuffn against yorubas.banjo was suppose 2 move at a speed dat wud take gowon n his gang unawares.well,it turned out 2 be a costlymistake on ojukwu.d rest dey say is history

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by mightyhaze: 12:00pm On Sep 15, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

...the superiority of your opponents is what caused you loss.
well,d odds were heavily stacked against d biafrans. Imagine like 250 ethnic groups. Fightin jst 2 or 3,evn at dat d loyalty of some were in question. Dat coupled wif d world powers n african nations.so I agree wit ur superiority statement. Ojukwu probly didt knw wot he was up against.he probly didt reckon on d backstabbin of yorubas.afta his meetins wit awo,(afta releasin him 4m calabar prisons)ojukwu probly felt yorubas wud at best stay neutral. How wrong he was..

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by ayindejimmy(m): 12:15pm On Sep 15, 2015
vega84:
Pls where did u get ur facts? The prime minister was nt shot, he died at of panic on their way to calabar his body was then left in a plantation. Nobody shot him as they were no gun wounds in his body. #vegatalks

Where is the source to ur "facts" too?

However, check this

https://maxsiollun./2010/09/19/how-did-tafawa-balewa-die/

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by ayindejimmy(m): 12:17pm On Sep 15, 2015
mightyhaze:
well,d odds were heavily stacked against d biafrans. Imagine like 250 ethnic groups. Fightin jst 2 or 3,evn at dat d loyalty of some were in question. Dat coupled wif d world powers n african nations.so I agree wit ur superiority statement. Ojukwu probly didt knw wot he was up against.he probly didt reckon on d backstabbin of yorubas.afta his meetins wit awo,(afta releasin him 4m calabar prisons)ojukwu probly felt yorubas wud at best stay neutral. How wrong he was..

Stay neutral when he attacked Lagos? That was the turning point

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by T9ksy(m): 12:41pm On Sep 15, 2015
Trailii:

it's is ademoyega not Adegboyega.... his main mission was to seize NBC and announce d military coup and take over. he did not kill any1 during the coup...

I have always wondered why Ademoyega wasn't given the task of snuffing out Ironsi (if truly the latter was on the coupists' hit list) as am sure he wouldn't have failed in his mission.
Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by T9ksy(m): 12:55pm On Sep 15, 2015
tomakint:

Please don't crack me up, whether Ojukwu stay put within Biafran enclave it is most certain that the Yoruba officers in the Armed Forces would still be used as pawns by the ruling Mallams to fight their Southeastern brethren....check it.

Oh well, i guess we will never know as ojukwu did not stay put to protect his people rather he went on a land grabbing cum

liberation expedition whilst he has not really liberated his own kith and kins, yet.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by kramer: 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2015
SonOfEl:

as much as you try hard to sound intelligent, you keep exhibiting your biase and cowardice.

you kill over 50000 igbos in a progrom and expect me to BEG for peace, even after the ABURI ACCORD in Ghana? dude, cowardice is foolhardy. you and your type are just too incredible.... the way you exhibit cowardice with such finesse

Likewise.

Good day.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by mightyhaze: 1:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
ayindejimmy:

Stay neutral when he attacked Lagos? That was the turning point
lagos was d seat of govt. Lagos attacked enugu first. Ojukwu did not attack yorubas per se.he attacked lagos 2 ease pressure in enugu and probly chase out gowon n his herds.nigeria needed dat chase badly I tell u.
Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 15, 2015
Idrismusty97:
A traitor that could have save 3 million lives. Those lives could have multiplied to six million or more by now. Imagine six million more technocrats, Business men/women and of course future criminals all wasted because of a proud beast.

Goat
Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by mightyhaze: 1:48pm On Sep 15, 2015
T9ksy:

I have always wondered why Ademoyega wasn't given the task of snuffing out Ironsi (if truly the latter was on the coupists' hit list) as am sure he wouldn't have failed in his mission.
do u knw if he was given but chickened out?
Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by MisterLongman(m): 1:59pm On Sep 15, 2015
peleson:
If Banjo and ifeajuna had gone beyond Ore,lagos would have fallen! They had a back up stationed in Benin enroute kwara down to north! Kaduna nzeogwu was stationed btw enugu n makurdi! If it was Kaduna nzeogwu,lagos would have fallen!
I'm sure Ojukwu knew better than you at the time for him to have chosen them over Nzeogwu.....

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by vicadex07(m): 2:13pm On Sep 15, 2015
dialfa:

I blame Ojukwu. How can you hand a major attacking force to a Yoruba man?

That's because Ojukwu himself was a coward who fled from the civil war in skirt and blouse (probably wearing pants, bras and lipsticks too) abandoning his people...the same sin he murdered ifeajuna for. Ibo people are their own worst enemies grin

Picture this, a whole general dressed in a woman's apparel, complete with the boobsies and the whole package boys lust after, lipsticks and earrings plus all other lady accessories....

Now that is a whole new level to cowardice and not one but two Igbo warlords resorted to this during the civil war so as to save their skins.

Now there is a whole new definition to what cowardice is.

grin grin grin

Ojukwu and Ifeajuna, the CowarDs.

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by oluspencer(m): 3:03pm On Sep 15, 2015
fr3do:

it is the hate and dishonesty of the Nigerian side that killed those 3 million innocent souls.
Everybody knows that on the battlefield, more ill-trained nigeria troops died, the bitchess only had power on non combatants.

Iiar!!!! The Ego, Ambition of Ojukwu killed 3million out of the gulible biafrans.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by oluspencer(m): 3:13pm On Sep 15, 2015
chiefmidwife:
Ifeajuna is a coward and traitor
He wants to negotiate for the war without consulting his boss..Ojukwu

Sharappp!!!! Ifeanjuna was leading a war where there was no food, bullet and remenber that there was no visible leader to consult. Ojukwu was away in Costume

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by T9ksy(m): 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2015
mightyhaze:
do u knw if he was given but chickened out?

No, i don't and i doubt it but one thing i do know for sure, is that the ibo man that was entrusted with that objective, allegedly

chickened out which resulted in the same Ironsi, quelling the coup and usurping power at gunpoint.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
SonOfEl:

keep exposing your stupidity. do you think Biafra was ojukwu's brainchild? Biafra was a necessity caused by the program against easterners even after the so called countercoup by the northern baby killers.

Yes, I believe that was the initial agenda by the Igbo but there are many ways they would have taken without losing lives... KANU is there calling for war but I gbos like money, he is going the sane lane, Uwazuuulike went... Time will tell who's stupid.... Like uwazuliike, like KANU.... Like all others that died trafficking drugs.... Money....

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by mightyhaze: 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2015
T9ksy:

No, i don't and i doubt it but one thing i do know for sure, is that the ibo man that was entrusted with that objective, allegedly

chickened out which resulted in the same Ironsi, quelling the coup and usurping power at gunpoint.
I meant durin d planin stage. WALE may hav characteristically chickened out at dat stage, u knw wot am sayn?
Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by DAVE5(m): 5:54pm On Sep 15, 2015
zadok60:
why do I need to meet him?.. cry

it still baffles me ohhh
Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by T9ksy(m): 6:34pm On Sep 15, 2015
mightyhaze:
I meant durin d planin stage. WALE may hav characteristically chickened out at dat stage, u knw wot am sayn?

The operationally words in your du.mb post above are, "may have" which is neither here nor there but one thing we both do know for a FACT, is that the person who accepted the task, DID chickened out.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa by arabianights: 6:44pm On Sep 15, 2015
Idrismusty97:
He was executed by Ojukwu! At least he taught the beast how to dress like a woman. cheesy You killed an innocent Northerner then get killed by your own kinsmen while doing what will benefit them. Now that's Karma at its best! Didn't the monster Ojukwu still negotiate a ceasefire at the end? But it was already too late, 3 million lives have been wasted.

To worsen the situation he is some where whilst the northerner is in paradise.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dino Melaye & Okorocha Look Alike / Punch Newspaper Cartoon Mocks Amosun's APM After Loss / Sultan Of Sokoto: Hunger Virus Killing Nigerians More Than Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.