Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

“why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up (1110 Views)

Obasanjo: Why I Appointed Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Finance Minster / Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up / “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by starkid7k(m): 4:41pm On Sep 13, 2015
President Muhammadu Buari has
broken his silence on his
appointments, which many Nigerians
have described as “lopsided”. Buhari in an interview with BBC Hausa
on Tuesday said the Constitution
allowed him full control over the
choice of his closest officials. The president assured that he was not
ignoring some section of his society in
his appointments, explaining that
those he appointed were some of his
most trusted associates. Responding to the interviewer’s
question on the controversy
generated by the appointments,
Buhari said “This is the nature of
Nigerian politics”. “If they will do justice to me, as an
elected Nigerian president, let them
look at the Constitution a Nigerian
president works with, there are
people who will closely work with me
that don’t need to be taken to the Senate. “If I select people whom I know quite
well in my political party, whom we
came all the way right from the APP,
CPC and APC, and have remained
together in good or bad situation, the
people I have confidence in and I can trust them with any post, will that
amount to anything wrong? “I have been with them throughout
our trying times, what then is the
reward of such dedication and
suffering? “They did not defect because of
positions, they did not involve
themselves in the pursuit of personal
gains, and they accepted their fate
throughout our trying moments. “What is wrong if I make you the
secretary (of the federal government)
because I have confidence that things
will go normal?”https://newsofnigeria.com/why-i-appointed-more-northerners-buhari-finally-opens-up/
Re: “why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by munchfani: 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
SHUTDOWN SABOTEURS MR PRESIDENT.
Re: “why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by ORACLE1975(m): 4:45pm On Sep 13, 2015
True
Re: “why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by nikkiking(m): 4:46pm On Sep 13, 2015
undecidedok
Re: “why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Awelechukwu16(f): 4:47pm On Sep 13, 2015
We hear cool
Re: “why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by benedictnsi(m): 4:48pm On Sep 13, 2015
NORTHOCRACY grin

1 Like

Re: “why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by 1miccza: 4:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
Story for the gods so these ones from the north are the only ones that has been with him all through we dey watch ooo,the nyansh wey dey open small small go soon open finish....
Re: “why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by mcyemite(m): 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2015
Word!!!!
Re: “why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by starkid7k(m): 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2015
Mods this newz av to b in FP.
Re: “why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by broxymall(m): 5:16pm On Sep 13, 2015
visit my signature for Timberland ,Gucci sneakers and Watches
Re: “why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by starkid7k(m): 5:16pm On Sep 13, 2015
1miccza:
Story for the gods so these ones from the north are the only ones that has been with him all through we dey watch ooo,the nyansh wey dey open small small go soon open finish....
abii
Re: “why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Cope1(m): 5:17pm On Sep 13, 2015
dey promised change now dey r changing d promises. Kwontinue...
Re: “why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by fritiyo: 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2015
Am sure all the most intelligent philosophies such as Socrates, Plato etc are all from the north i guess.

one thing am sure off is that u are using ur veto powers well sa.
Re: “why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by fritiyo: 5:23pm On Sep 13, 2015
Am sure all the most intelligent philosophies such as Socrates, Plato etc are all from the north i guess.

one thing am sure off is that u are using ur veto powers well sa.
Time will tell where we are heading.
Re: “why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by starkid7k(m): 5:27pm On Sep 13, 2015
starkid7k:
Mods this newz av to b in FP.
ASAP
Re: “why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by emekamn(m): 6:36pm On Sep 13, 2015
after all said and done, so the appointments were only compensation to loyalist. His talks are always revealing.
And to think that people are applauding this...I rest my case

(1) (Reply)

List Of Ministerial Nominees Undergoing Dss screening. / (BREAKING NEWS) Assets Declaration: Court Orders Saraki’s Arrest / You’ve No Power To Order My Arrest, Saraki Tells CCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.