Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? (25317 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Men Crazy About Big Butts? / Why Are South African Women Crazy About Naija Guys? / Why are Men not Crazy about Tall Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by Olatunji(m): 1:23pm On May 21, 2005
Why are Ladies Crazy About Tall Guys?

It is a common thing to hear ladies saying that their type of men should be tall. Why this craze for tall men?
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by Allenpowered(m): 2:24pm On May 21, 2005
I guess it comes from the societal standards. The perfect man (especially our everyday model) is this tall, broadshouldered and well built guy. So I guess maybe unconsciously the ladies' pysches have been tuned towards that.

Then on second thoughts, why would a girl want to go for someone shorter that she is?
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by hotpikin(f): 4:07am On May 22, 2005
one question pls... r u short? rolleyes
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by solo2(m): 9:40am On May 22, 2005
Olatunji, would you like short girls as your best ?
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by timba(m): 8:13pm On May 22, 2005
I'm a tall guy and I generally prefer shorter girls! Is this a common occurence?
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by Pinky(f): 9:03pm On May 22, 2005
Everyone wants what's good, but I think we girls always attach too much importance to men's physique (I am no exception, mind you!)  I always want my men tall, broadchested, handsome.  It just adds to a lady's confidence about her guy.  I always feel like a G when I go to someplaces with a tall guy.  Every girl stirs his way, admires him & wishes they were his girl. 

So don't blame we girls for liking the tall guys.  At least we wont date guys shorter than us. LOL

1 Like

Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by Ra(f): 9:16pm On May 22, 2005
I most certainly like tall guys but I guess that's because I'm quite tall and can't possibly date a shorter guy. Now if I was shorter..... ummm.... well, I really can't say if I would still go for guys as tall as 6'5' wink
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by mamba(m): 9:25pm On May 22, 2005
Ok, here's a logical explanation. grin
The reason why ladies are crazy about tall guys is because a tall guys  equipment's gotta be tall too since he's tall right?
The taller he is, the taller he's equipped(IMO)
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by Ra(f): 9:27pm On May 22, 2005
mamba dear,...... get off cheap and expired drugs. Your 'logical' explanation is neither here nor there.
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by Pinky(f): 9:31pm On May 22, 2005
Mamba, how wrong you are. That's not why a girl would love to date a tall guy. Youu re absolutely wrong; there are many guys who are short but they've got bigger & longer members ('equipment' if I use your word)

So get that off your mind straight away, ok?
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by Nobody: 7:15am On May 23, 2005
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by tayotina(f): 10:00am On May 23, 2005
Really, I can't imagine myself in a relationship with a guy shorter than me. I love tall and good looking guys. And one thing I cherish most is a warm and affectionate hug from my man, you know, I get to rest my head on his chest each time he does that but with a short man, that might not be possible.

I know that is not the most important thing, you know, it all depends on what I feel for him but the fact is I can never go in for a shorter guy.

Mamba, it's not a matter of how long or short his 'equipment' is cos the so-called equipment sometimes destroy relationships so why would I fall for a man because of his ...... inches?
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by Allenpowered(m): 11:04am On May 23, 2005
hot pikin, I'm not short, neither am I particularly tall. tongue[I](or no be me u dey talk to?[/I])

well I'm 5'10¾"  grin

does it matter...how tall or short I am, so far I got the vibes or the style to make one happy  cool

and tayotina, how on earth do u know if the guy that is good looking for you may not be someone's Gollum(with apology to lord of the rings' fans) rolleyes(. I'm sure stella finds obj good looking(I know mean anything oooooooo!) grin
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by cutie(f): 11:30am On May 23, 2005
hey wink just a new member in here nd hope to find gud friends
well, i think girls generally go for tall guys because... well bcose you cant possibly go out wit a guy you have to bend to kiss or look at. (well dats not reason enough) but maybe not all girls think dat way, who knows?
the guy doesnt need to be dat tall, just sloghtly taller than u, dats it.
k kisses to ya alll!!! kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by Allenpowered(m): 11:50am On May 23, 2005
talking about kisses, i've always had this idea of short guys jumping to kiss their heartthrob, or standing on an elevated object to kiss a tall girl...wrong imaginations i think... rolleyes
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by cutie(f): 12:12pm On May 23, 2005
yes imagine how funny
hope u're tall 2, make women no dey blast u oo
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by blackweaver(m): 12:51pm On May 23, 2005
Personally i don't blame ladies (to a degree) i myself prefer ladies that are shorter than myself (would be embarasssing if in an argument the girl conveniently gives me a knock on the head - actually it's more than that) but a man is supposed to be the head of the family and it's easier to defer to someone who is taller than u. The only issue i have is those not tall women who prefer very tall guys - though they could also argue that they don't want their children to be so tall
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by tayotina(f): 12:55pm On May 23, 2005
Allenpowered, when I say I love good looking guys, I know what I mean and when I see one, I recognise him immediately.  You know what I mean, don't you.  I go out with SOLID guys.

1 Like

Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by Seun(m): 2:22pm On May 23, 2005
I believe that a sensible person will look beyond the looks when selecting a partner. As much as I like beautiful girls I will go for a level-headed person with something upstairs over a beautiful girl with character flaws. (What most men will do, I think, is that they'll go out with the beautiful girl, make sure sleep with her, but then look for a level-headed person to marry.)

Ok, what I'm saying is that inasmuch as a girl would love to go out with an attractive (tall, handsome, well-built, ...) guy, a sensible woman who understands life would 'settle for less' in the physical department when other more important qualities are there. Women, I believe, become 'sensible' when they are between 26 and 28 and their friends are getting married ... tongue
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 23, 2005
Women become sensible after they've had disastrous relationships. They learn exactly whats important, and that in most cases, those hot tall-looking guys are pretty immature (I'm sure there are some who are not) and are not ready to grow up anytime soon.

Some give excuses on how they are searching for that ideal woman, while you are sure you've found your ideal man in him grin.
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by Allenpowered(m): 2:28pm On May 23, 2005
Tayotina: Allenpowered, when I say I love good looking guys, I know what I mean and when I see one, I recognise him immediately. You know what I mean, don't you. I go out with SOLID guys.

Point taken, Tayotina.
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by hotpikin(f): 1:26am On May 24, 2005
Allenpowered:
LOL! No be you jare. grin Na Olatunji I dey talk 2 ... my bad.
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by Allenpowered(m): 7:41am On May 24, 2005
ok hot pikin let's talk beta talk, how tall are u. i don give u my stats, make i know your stats...abi now? grin
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by Chigszy(f): 7:21pm On May 24, 2005
Well, I am a tall girl - abou 5" 7 and a half - so I do need a tall guy (but if it is that bad than the guy should he same height) but I would not date a guy shorter than me shocked. Just ain't my thing (personal preferences)
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by Ka: 8:40pm On May 24, 2005
Please girls, could you please educate an ignorant but willing to learn man like me how this works?

You meet a man who is caring, sensitive to your feelings, intelligent, responsible, funny, well-off, generous, handsome, honest... but shorter than you. Are you honestly telling me that you will completely discount all these pluses in favour of the one minus - his shortness? If you start having feelings of affection for him, will you quash those feelings and say "Over my dead body! I cannot - I must not - allow myself to feel anything for this short man!"?
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by hotpikin(f): 9:33pm On May 24, 2005
Allenpowered:

[I]ok hot pikin let's talk beta talk, how tall are u. I don give u my stats, make I know your stats...abi now?[/I] grin
well, i be 5 8"...like am?
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by Allenpowered(m): 7:04am On May 25, 2005
hotpikin, like is an understatement- i love it. Don't mind me I come direct rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by tayotina(f): 9:50am On May 25, 2005
I am not tall (well I wouldn't say I am short) so definitely, I would never go in for a man who is shorter than me or of the same height with me otherwise we might end up giving birth to dwarfs grin
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by osascool: 9:58am On May 25, 2005
Ladies are crazy about tall guys becos believe it or not it make them know the guy is in charge which they like, most girls would prefer guys to be in control of a relationship and been taller than the girl is the first step of being in charge. well i know alot of u out there would not agree with me so let me know your view. A.P.I i wanna know yours too cool
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by Pinky(f): 12:44pm On May 25, 2005
osascool, I agree with you.

Most ladies want guys to be in control & mere seeing their height gives them that sense of the guy being in control. But guess what? It's only an illusion that ladies love so much.
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by mosiate(f): 1:01pm On May 25, 2005
See, my dear, I can't really say why, but the only thing I will say is that maybe it's a natural phenomenon. I also prefer taller guys! kiss
Re: Why are Women Not Crazy About Tall Men? by hotpikin(f): 2:07pm On May 25, 2005
Allenpowered:

hotpikin, like is an understatement- I love it. Don't mind me I come direct rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

lol! aite then...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Should I Wait For My Love Abroad Or Should I Accept My Ex Back? / Teenager Woos Girl At Gunpoint In Delta / I Mistakenly Had Sex With My Sister-in-law, Now She's Blackmailing Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.