Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,948 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. (41267 Views)

Help! My Uvula Is Giving Me A Sleepless Night. / 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility / Major Causes Of A Weakened Immune System In Human (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by Nobody: 12:09am On Oct 18, 2015
cheesy
Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by jide114(m): 12:10am On Oct 18, 2015
One solution to sleeplessness is exercise. It reduces blood pressure and relax the mucles.
Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by Nobody: 12:11am On Oct 18, 2015
ferdvict2:
Pls can someone help me with the major causes of sleepless nights and the way out.

Me and you dey the same category, although mine is since child birth. Nowadays I just booze from dusk till dawn!
Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by solla22: 12:14am On Oct 18, 2015
In searching for a solution, Make sure you try all natural options first as you don't want to get into a treatment that your body gets overly addicted to and dependent on.

I would suggest you try exercising - start with about 15 minutes skipping daily - ramp up to 30 minutes work out
Take natural sleep inducers like Valerian Tea (Stronger / Better) or Chamomile Tea (More Available in nigeria) 1 or 2 hours before bed time
When you are searching for your sleep, try concentrate on your breathe (Hold your breathe when you breathe in for as long as you can) - Deep Breathe.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by condralbede(m): 12:19am On Oct 18, 2015
Op!we dey The same category ooo,I hv not had a good sleep for four month now, don't really knw what to do.Doctors in da house shld help plz.
Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by braine(m): 12:20am On Oct 18, 2015
mystic70563:
To cure ur sleepless nite, take 4 tablets of rophynol or takes 6 capsules of indocides.... Make i hear say u no go sleep like fowl..... CLICK LIKE IF U AGREE.
Oga you wicked o. I hope someone somewhere won't take this your post seriously.

5 Likes

Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by fearlesschicken: 12:21am On Oct 18, 2015
This thread is for me, I need help too.
Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by dopedealer(m): 12:21am On Oct 18, 2015
Most times when a person sleep in the afternoon, find it difficult to sleep early @ night. Aside that, may I ask u op, what do you do when u r unable to sleep at night. Some excitement culd also keep u awake e.g MOJO, candy crush, nairaland, browsing to mention a few.
So depending on ur situation It is advised that :
1. Always switch off the light b4 going to bed
2.Always go to bed early so sleep can come
3. No nairaland once it's 10pm
4. No sleeping in the afternoon
5. If u drink, a can beer wuld not b bad b4 bed
6. If you leave with ur spouse, run urself down b4 going to sleep
7. Stop doing wat you do that is keeping you awake
8. Do 1-7 for a week and you would become a free man crashing at night without a therapy
Thank me later.

5 Likes

Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by bosschinalu(m): 12:22am On Oct 18, 2015
[b][/b][size=8pt][/size][color=#770077][/color] a pot from abt a month ago pops up the front page... What if this S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ called insomia has killed this fellow

♏aƙε̲ I no ova talk ♏aƙε̲ dem no ban me
Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by ewizard1: 12:36am On Oct 18, 2015
When I can't even help myself.
NEPA ON + BEAST PC + CHEETAFAST INTERNET = INSOMNIA
Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by nikkiking(m): 12:37am On Oct 18, 2015
ferdvict2:
Pls can someone help me with the major causes of sleepless nights and the way out.
One bottle of alomo bitter is the way out tongue
Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by lyfe(m): 12:38am On Oct 18, 2015
Prolong mental and physical stress will cause insomnia and other diseases. Stress cannot be avoided, but it can be well managed.

Yoga: This will heal your mind and soul and will ultimately calm you. (Google more)

Proper bed hygiene: No phone, laptop, charger, clothes on the bed, just you, your pillow( and maybe bible)

Melatonin: The only sleep meds that I'd advice. This will boost the production of melatonin in the pineal gland that improves the quantity and quality of sleep.
Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by maximumhealth: 12:38am On Oct 18, 2015
The link below contains adequate recommendations made by our Board of Consultants that can help to win over this health condition! Please check it out and let me know your opinion.

http://www.maximumhealth.pw/product-category/insomnia/
Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by menix(m): 12:40am On Oct 18, 2015
braine:

My gadgets + bae missing are stressing me, I won't subscribe next month. I might just go with you on the red wine ish for the main time. But when one gets addicted to using alcohol to sleep, that can cause another wahala.

Guy, for a week now I don't do the wine iish buh I discovered I do sleep if I quit my phone.

Thou I did d wine thing tonite cous I have got a lot disturbing mii.
Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by kingsleyuk2003(m): 12:44am On Oct 18, 2015
If I no sleep. Na work i go dey work. After all, after this life, na sleep forever.
Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by kobonaire(m): 12:49am On Oct 18, 2015
Sleeplessness is 90% mental and the other half is due to the "other reasons"
(Adapted from the great Yogi Berra - NYY's finest)
Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by Ijebulogic(m): 12:51am On Oct 18, 2015
The man who can not sleep at night, clearly has not worked hard enough

1 Like

Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by emancipation1(m): 12:52am On Oct 18, 2015
No natural solution, unless u want to use funny drugs or alcohol.... be gud.

Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by 9jaboi8701(m): 1:01am On Oct 18, 2015
tchidi:
Off ya phone. angry
Off which fone cheesy
Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by menix(m): 1:04am On Oct 18, 2015
Acidosis:
Sir sleepless nights can either be medically-related or psychiatric.

Are you currently treating Typhoid? Some drugs are known to cause insomnia.

Please be aware that sleepless night can also be psychiatric related. Persistent sleepless nights will ultimately lead to hallucinations (hearing strange sounds; seeing strange beings like unreal angels; warped thoughts, the feelings that people are reading your mind; just to name a few).

When this happens, you'd mostly think the witches from your village are after your destiny.

Please take caution and do not mistake just any sleepless syndrome for mere insomnia.

If you find it difficult to fall asleep for days (say 3days), please run as fast as your leg can take you to a psychiatrist before you land on the street naked.

I mentioned this because every other person would mostly relate your issue with "internet, heartbreak, worry, etc"

I disagree wiv u cous mine has lasted for months, I don't hallucinate neither hear voices buh any day I keep myself busy without a minute nap I sleep like a kid once I hit the bed.
Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by kobonaire(m): 1:17am On Oct 18, 2015
Ijebulogic:
The man who can not sleep at night, clearly has not worked hard enough
ha ha - I like that.
Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by smsshola(m): 1:54am On Oct 18, 2015
Sweetyie:
Goodnight peeps
nd sweet dream..
Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by nigeriancuban: 2:04am On Oct 18, 2015
richard870:
Try watching a boring movie
yea sometimes when I don't catch sleep all I do is put on 24 season 9.....that film makes me sleep instantly asap
Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by Nobody: 2:05am On Oct 18, 2015
condralbede:
Op!we dey The same category ooo,I hv not had a good sleep for four month now, don't really knw what to do.Doctors in da house shld help plz.

Do you think too much during night bed time?
Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by Zealoy(m): 2:41am On Oct 18, 2015
me self wey sleep come dey dream where I dey smoke weed n all of a sudden NDLA people come start dey pursue us though I escape sha but since I woke up around 1:30AM Sleep no gree come again I gat to keep my self busy with nairaland till day break
Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by bummyla(m): 2:44am On Oct 18, 2015
google"Sleep Apnea"

is a common disorder in which you have one or more pauses in breathing or shallow breaths while you sleep.

Breathing pauses can last from a few seconds to minutes. They may occur 30 times or more an hour. Typically, normal breathing then starts again, sometimes with a loud snort or choking sound.

Sleep apnea usually is a chronic (ongoing) condition that disrupts your sleep. When your breathing pauses or becomes shallow, you’ll often move out of deep sleep and into light sleep.

As a result, the quality of your sleep is poor, which makes you tired during the day. Sleep apnea is a leading cause of excessive daytime sleepiness. http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by LEOSIRSIR(m): 2:47am On Oct 18, 2015
Ok
guyz today is my birthday oo u should all show some love with like grin

1 Like

Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by Boss77(f): 2:49am On Oct 18, 2015
God help us all cos this insomnia of a thing ain't funny at all..can't sleep right now.#hiss#
Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by ogokam: 2:51am On Oct 18, 2015
Na my 2 year old son wey be my major cause of sleeplessness o. See time wey I dey type this reply; by 2.50am. D boy kicks, snores and scatches no get part 2 so I wan relocate now to the floor make he 'occupy' till I return!
Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by Nobody: 3:46am On Oct 18, 2015
Re: Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. by frizzy092(m): 3:48am On Oct 18, 2015
For me,what i do is smoke two wraps of Ghana weed "I am serious",its been helping me.
NB:Once in a while

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Trigger Immune Response, UK Orders 100 Million Doses / Indonesian Teenagers Are Boiling Used Sanitary Pads And Nappies To Get High / FG Converts NYSC Camps, Stadia To Coronavirus Isolation Centres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.