Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG (27953 Views)

Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! / NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity / Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:51am On Sep 15, 2015
Chanchit:

I will remember you in prayers.
Thanks Sir! Same here
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 15, 2015
mindset1:
No hike please for God's sake...because we enjoy good electricity shouldnt mean we should pay through our nose..government should find a means..must the masses always bear the brunt of past government corruption?

Where is the electricity?

For Good 3 weeks now I never take my eye see correct power use dem wan increase tariif.

How long do we keep paying for services not rendered?
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by Oceemo(m): 7:51am On Sep 15, 2015
Nigeria Nigeria hmmmmmmM lost of words jor
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 15, 2015
Each Tym I c ppl saying pmb has not spent a kobo nd things are improving, I ask, who did d spending?? please we should b objective.. GEJ is not as bad as dey paint him nd PMB is not as good as dey try to pass across everytym.. Just accept what u see nd judge both without hypocrisy

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 15, 2015
modelmike7:
I'd rather pay for what i am enjoying than pay for what doesn't exist. I have been making use of electricity for the past 3 days with only 10mins interruption. Which never happened for once in the past 16years. We shall get there.

So in other words, before PDP came to power, Nigeria used to have 24 hrs power supply? PDP then came and dismantled the installations including the nuclear reactor giving you 24hrs power in your dream?

Nigga, this una propaganda is outdated, try another one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by refreshrate: 7:55am On Sep 15, 2015
ugasonate:
Dear friend. You are about to discover how to make a minimum of 350k monthly offering mobile marketing service such as short code, caller tunes, smart number, mobile websites

The mobile market is exploding and for you as a motivated person who is ready willing to discover to play in mobile marketing industry.

" Can you picture yourself a millionaire mobile marketer operating from home on a part time base"

Let me prove to you beyond your doubt

Visit. www.mobilemarktingbootcamp.com.ng

Check the website spellings carefully.

i fail to see how this has anything to do with the topic, do you think its a bad idea to exert some form of punitive action against you and your post?

Please answer.
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by onward4life(m): 7:55am On Sep 15, 2015
Bro ur lyrics dey tooo hot on this forum na u jus killing evrytin ramdom spray I hail!!! Relax on light issues as the name implies light issues we all have personal goals to attain before this year runs out.. light is too light to stop us.. peace

But if the news is about wike, Gej, south south or southeast, they will start mastubating carelessly like the gays they truly are. Well it's gonna end soon cos a soap hike will soon hit them.

Witches and wizards [/quote]
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by anonimi: 7:56am On Sep 15, 2015
That is CHANGE. grin grin
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by refreshrate: 7:57am On Sep 15, 2015
Damager:
Each Tym I c ppl saying pmb has not spent a kobo nd things are improving, I ask, who did d spending?? please we should b objective.. GEJ is not as bad as dey paint him nd PMB is not as good as dey try to pass across everytym.. Just accept what u see nd judge both without hypocrisy

That begins to happens when pigs begin to fly and chickens grow teeth.
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by chukkiephil(m): 7:58am On Sep 15, 2015
Bevista:
The DISCOS should focus on being efficient in their tariff collection, as most of their staff shortchange the company and most households do not even pay electricity bills. This would go a long way in improving their revenue generation.

While I do agree that tariff increase is necessary to make the sector viable for stakeholders to continue to invest longterm, the government should focus first on improving electricity supply before considering the increase.
I concur with what you said, the problem has always efficiency, if they can focus on bill collection am sure they will be amazed with the results ! But of course the easiest thing to do is to increase the tariff, punishing the law abiding ones whereas the ones with illegal connections go scot free angry

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by beyoncausme: 7:58am On Sep 15, 2015
done like a normal topical nigerian government.
because people have been praising them in some parts of the states,now they see room to increase electric billing..
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by chukkiephil(m): 8:01am On Sep 15, 2015
gboss4sure:

So in other words, before PDP came to power, Nigeria used to have 24 hrs power supply? PDP then came and dismantled the installations including the nuclear reactor giving you 24hrs power in your dream?

Nigga, this una propaganda is outdated, try another one.
guy u funny eeeeh I always read online about improvement in power but yet when I call home to verify, it is another story I go dey hear!!

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by Chigold101(m): 8:05am On Sep 15, 2015
Well this is a welcome development. It is good that price of power is increased, it will help government of the Brainless from Daura to have increased revenue as oil is backsliding with every passing second.

I am waiting to see how civil society organisations will handle this. I am waiting to see if any of them will rise in the defence of that woman who is finding it difficult to meet up with her daily expenses because of how things are turning out lately.

I am waiting to see what labour will say or do on this issue. I am waiting to see if labour will come in to defend that civil servant who has not been paid for over 5month but has to pay the children's school fees with peanut being paid as minimum wage (which he has not seen for 5 months). With goods and services increasing in prices.

Change is here with us let us enjoy it while it lasts. A man whose body language has so much increased power supply. We have to celebrate this Daura Cattle Rearer and President of the 97% whose body odour has kept Nigeria on brink of collapse every minute.

They promised to create job when they come in, now they have sacked thousands and 100 of thousands are waiting to be sacked because of a government without a single policy. Government being run like gamble.

I am waiting to hear from people like Sole Soyinka, Rev Fr. Ejike Mbaka, Oby Ezekwesiri...

EXECUTIVE BEGGER
Ajala the Traveler whom do not know what to do with the book called Nigeria which has been handed over to him. After 100 wasted days filled with unnecessary noise and media propaganda he has resumed his begging travel. He has gone to France with his beggers plate. Who knows where he will go next to beg. Anyway begging is in the nature of the 97%...
Too bad for a country like Nigeria.

I weep for Nigeria...
They called us Wailers...
They said we are Wailing Wailers...
The much we can do is to wail...
As part of the 5%... I wail for Nigeria...
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by anthony86(m): 8:17am On Sep 15, 2015
Now they want to increase the price of power that they cannot measure how many homes are connected to the disco using prepaid meters.
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by rusher14: 8:23am On Sep 15, 2015
Should I begin to compute how much I spent on fuel for my generator throughout Jonathan's reign?

I don't mind paying a little more if the power supply would be as 'regular' or even better than it's been in the last 3-4 months.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by Vello(m): 8:32am On Sep 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The Buhari administration is determined to whip Nigerians with the rod of scorpion and make us suffer through his mal-administration, incompetence and non-challant disposition. Voting Buhari was a mistake
Stop whipping up sentiments and spreading your venomous thoughts all over the place. Did you vote Buhari in the first place? It leaves me to wonder your hypocrisy in lamenting.
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by VickJames(m): 8:40am On Sep 15, 2015
My last month electricity bill was very high. How can someone pay that huge amount money for electricity I barely use. This one even broke the carmel's back. They stylishly increase the bill every month by 3000naira monthly. I've complained several times, they said I'm consuming more power. Which power?
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by Vello(m): 8:41am On Sep 15, 2015
rusher14:
Should I begin to compute how much I spent on fuel for my generator throughout Jonathan's reign?

I don't mind paying a little more if the power supply would be as 'regular' or even better than it's been in the last 3-4 months.
God bless your spirit bro. Please let's educate these bunch of unpatriotic uneducated saboteurs, starting with FFK alias barcanista their chief.
I've been to several African countries and let's be realistic, Nigeria pays least for electricity. How many of these stupid elements spewing rubbish out here would rather invest in the power sector when your returns is not meaningful. This somewhat explains for terrible epileptic power state of yestermonths.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by SpermDonor: 8:41am On Sep 15, 2015
How can a country grow when the citizens don't want to pay for the true value of their utilities ??

If you must know, there is no country where electricity is cheap.

You want a world class service, y'all have got to pay for it else you live in darkness.

I know life ain't easy in Nigeria but the cost of power generation u r using is not cheap either.
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by warrior01: 8:49am On Sep 15, 2015
kmcutez:

It would have been a thousand times worse had Jonathan won another term. Rectifying the mistakes of the past will not be that easy, so brace yourself for more turbulent times.

Please , be responsible for once and leave Jonathan out of this as it wasn't as bad as this and had he continued with his transformation agenda , I bet you the country wouldn't be in this sorry state with no direction. Playing the ostrich is not gonna solve no problem until you stand up and call Buhari to order
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 15, 2015
the truth is we will always bear the brunt of what ever calamity that befalls naija,reason why i don't give a damn about our leaders....why cant electricity be put in place before we are engaged to pay high tariffs...would our leaders also suffer with us
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 15, 2015
chukkiephil:
guy u funny eeeeh I always read online about improvement in power but yet when I call home to verify, it is another story I go dey hear!!

They used to have light in their dreams.

Nigeria is getting better in their malaria & typhoid induced dreams.
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by luthorcorp: 9:03am On Sep 15, 2015
With the way light has been constant lately I will eve pay x3.for the past four days now,all the minutes interruption is not up to 16minutes kudos to phcn
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by vicmela(m): 9:07am On Sep 15, 2015
It is not their fault
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by rusher14: 9:15am On Sep 15, 2015
Vello:

God bless your spirit bro. Please let's educate these bunch of unpatriotic uneducated saboteurs, starting with FFK alias barcanista their chief.
I've been to several African countries and let's be realistic, Nigeria pays least for electricity. How many of these stupid elements spewing rubbish out here would rather invest in the power sector when your returns is not meaningful. This somewhat explains for terrible epileptic power state of yestermonths.

Honestly speaking I try to ignore him as much as possible, but dishes such blatant and dishonest opinion laced with hyperbole, you can't help but respond. To do otherwise would be doing humanity a disfavour.

The fact is, power supply has improved for the vast generality of people, especially in the Lagos area. This is not even in question.

There was a period I thought the part of town I had moved to (Lekki), wasn't connected to the national grid.

Imagine how much I must have been spending just so one could sleep.

Think about how much of the environment we have despoiled in the last couple of years with the fumes, the noise and spills into our aquifers.

Anyway, most of my postings here are to contribute my own little quota into making it a better nation.

Can't say the same about many I see here.

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 15, 2015
refreshrate:

Sentiments without the benefit of intellect

If they ask you now to name one good thing Daura Dullarrd has done to justify this statement youll say its too early to judge this administration.

No sentiment here and you should be intelligent enough to give him time to steer the ship on it's correct path. Ship has been abused for so long that it will take time to repair. Ship has to be taken apart, lots of defective parts removed, ordering of new parts to replace defective parts, finding the right mechanics to do the job of fixing the parts and so on and so forth. You get the drift of where I am going, right? All these takes time so be patient.
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 15, 2015
warrior01:

Please , be responsible for once and leave Jonathan out of this as it wasn't as bad as this and had he continued with his transformation agenda , I bet you the country wouldn't be in this sorry state with no direction. Playing the ostrich is not gonna solve no problem until you stand up and call Buhari to order

I bet even you do not believe what you just wrote, but I understand, MAN must WAK.
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by Cityguy: 9:22am On Sep 15, 2015
Chigold101:
Well this is a welcome development. It is good that price of power is increased, it will help government of the Brainless from Daura to have increased revenue as oil is backsliding with every passing second.

I am waiting to see how civil society organisations will handle this. I am waiting to see if any of them will rise in the defence of that woman who is finding it difficult to meet up with her daily expenses because of how things are turning out lately.

I am waiting to see what labour will say or do on this issue. I am waiting to see if labour will come in to defend that civil servant who has not been paid for over 5month but has to pay the children's school fees with peanut being paid as minimum wage (which he has not seen for 5 months). With goods and services increasing in prices.

Change is here with us let us enjoy it while it lasts. A man whose body language has so much increased power supply. We have to celebrate this Daura Cattle Rearer and President of the 97% whose body odour has kept Nigeria on brink of collapse every minute.

They promised to create job when they come in, now they have sacked thousands and 100 of thousands are waiting to be sacked because of a government without a single policy. Government being run like gamble.

I am waiting to hear from people like Sole Soyinka, Rev Fr. Ejike Mbaka, Oby Ezekwesiri...

EXECUTIVE BEGGER
Ajala the Traveler whom do not know what to do with the book called Nigeria which has been handed over to him. After 100 wasted days filled with unnecessary noise and media propaganda he has resumed his begging travel. He has gone to France with his beggers plate. Who knows where he will go next to beg. Anyway begging is in the nature of the 97%...
Too bad for a country like Nigeria.

I weep for Nigeria...
They called us Wailers...
They said we are Wailing Wailers...
The much we can do is to wail...
As part of the 5%... I wail for Nigeria...
Nice write up. Kudos
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by xtervaganza(m): 9:45am On Sep 15, 2015
warrior01:
By the time Buhari finishes with you guys, you'll all stone him to leave. Meanwhile, enjoy the change. With the massive unemployments being witnessed, rising cost of food and basic needs and another hike in electricity tarrifs; Nigerians should brace up. Anyways you guys were warned
AT LEAST WE HAVE THE LIGHT REGULARLY NOW, UNLIKE WHEN YOUR GORILLA BROTHER WAS RUNNING THINGS
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG by refreshrate: 9:46am On Sep 15, 2015
kmcutez:

No sentiment here and you should be intelligent enough to give him time to steer the ship on it's correct path. Ship has been abused for so long that it will take to repair. Ship has to be taken apart, lots of defective parts removed, ordering of new parts to replace defective parts, finding the right mechanics to do the job of fixing the parts and so on and so forth. You get the drift of where I am going, right? All these takes time so be patient.

Like I said sentiments bereft of intellect

I will
He will

These are pure assumptions

If you read what I asked let me ask you again

Give me one good reason or basis to justify your ascertion otherwise you're based on wishful thinking which is a luxury everyone has but does not generate results in reality

Think deeply then respond please

What is your basis for your ascertion - simple
Enough with the excuses please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ekiti APC Secretariat Sealed With Juju / Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 / Welcome Back Home - PDP Tells Saraki, Ahmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.