Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,124 members, 7,811,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

10 Sweet "Nothings" She Needs To Hear From You! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Sweet "Nothings" She Needs To Hear From You! (1827 Views)

South African Lady Broke Up With Her Man For Always Buying Her What She Needs. / 5 Things A Nigerian Gal Wanna Hear From U Before U Can See Her Pants. / Some Statements Guys Don’t Want To Hear From The Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Sweet "Nothings" She Needs To Hear From You! by donTbone(m): 9:15am On Sep 15, 2015
1. "I respect you"

"I know that it might seem old-fashioned, but men and women are different," explains Dr. Eris Huemer, a licensed marriage and family therapist featured on Bravo's LA Shrinks. "We don't think the same, talk the same, or respond the same to similar situations. Women want to feel loved, cherished and safe. Men want respect." Since men often withdraw when they don't feel that respect, it's worth giving him the positivity he craves. "A man wants to know that you are focusing solely on him and that he is your priority. When you do focus on him, you will get so much in return."

2. "You look BEAUTIFUL"

It may sound obvious, but men enjoy a good ego-stroking, especially when they're not trying to impress. "Whenever my fiancé groggily tells me I look nice in the morning, before I head out the door for work, it makes me feel unstoppable for the rest of the day," says New Yorker Charles C., 30. "It's one thing to hear it if we're going out to a nice place, but when she tells me I look dapper when I'm on my way to the office, it gives me a renewed confidence."

3. "Thank you"

It's easy to overlook the small gestures, like when he swaps out his toothbrush head for yours or straightens up the apartment even if you're not having friends over. Instead of issuing a passive aggressive, "it's about time!" thank him. "Catch him doing something right every day," says Lisa L. Payne, life transitions coach and author of What If They Knew: Secrets of an Impressive Woman. "Whether it's that he made your coffee just the way you like it, or holds the door for you, tell him how much you appreciate his efforts and, above all, be specific about what he did and how it made you feel. That way, he'll know exactly what he's done well, and he'll do it more often."

4. "I trust you"

You've probably got this one covered, but communicating it is all in the timing. "The best time to share your feelings with your guy is just before or during sex," says Georgianna Donadio, PhD, relationship expert and author of Changing Behavior: Immediately Transform Your Relationships with Easy to Learn Proven Communication Skills. "At that time, levels of oxytocin, a hormone that enhances feelings of trust, love and intimacy, are elevated, making it the very best moment to love talk with your partner. It's also the ideal time to let him know what you want from him in the relationship, as he will be the most receptive and open."

5. "I'm listening"

Men communicate differently than women, tending toward reticence when they're upset. When this happens, don't badger him, but do let him know that you're there for him, and when he does begin to talk through his issues, don't interrupt him or offer any unsolicited opinions. Let him feel safe and unjudged. According to Mindfulness and Acceptance: Expanding the Cognitive-Behavioral Tradition, couples that really hear each other are happier in their relationships, and experience lower levels of depression and anxiety.

6. "I'm sorry"

My fiancee and I are fortunate enough that we don't fight (too) often, and when we do‚ it's usually hunger-induced. However, when I am driven to the point of crazy and my low blood sugar turns into an assassination of his character, I need to remember to leave the room, take a few deep breaths — or sips of drink — and apologize. When an irrational fight arises out of a silly situation, the best thing to do is to apologize before it escalates into something bigger, and a lot meaner. He's not always the enemy. Sometimes hormones, or even lack of calories are the culprits.

7. "You make me better"

He loves you and will do anything for you, so when you find yourself trapped in a routine and feeling somewhat spark-less, the biggest compliment you can give him is a reminder that he's improved your life. Remember this morsel from talk show host and Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man author Steve Harvey: "We men will do anything humanly possible to impress you. You're the driving force behind why we wake up every day. We drive fancy cars because of women. We dress nice, put on cologne

8. "That was delicious"

Men have a primordial need to provide for their women. While their intentions are typically good, their culinary skills might be lacking. Reward him for his efforts nonetheless. If you lambast him for dry chicken, he'll feel insecure, and won't want to try again. Sometimes it truly is the thought that counts — especially when Chinese take-out is just a phone call away.

9. "I'm proud of you"

"Men are very sensitive to performance issues," says Dr. Sue Johnson, author of Hold me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love. "They worry about disappointing you. Telling him that he's the best, most loving man has a megawatt positive impact. Men need reassurance that they are doing a good job. Most times when you ask a withdrawn man why he started to shut down, he says, 'I just didn't know what to do. I couldn't seem to get it right, so I just gave up.' Reassurance and validation is like an inoculation against this."

10. "It's not your fault"

We all have bad days, and it's easy to take out the anger you feel towards your boss on your husband. Although you may know deep down that it's not actually your man you're upset with, he still might take your mean words to heart. Instead, level with him about why you're cranky. He'll be your best advocate.

www.msn.com/lifestyle
Re: 10 Sweet "Nothings" She Needs To Hear From You! by Cutehector(m): 9:17am On Sep 15, 2015
Facial beauty aint a compliment. Just tell her she's got a beautiful heart
Re: 10 Sweet "Nothings" She Needs To Hear From You! by Spikkylee: 9:19am On Sep 15, 2015
G
Re: 10 Sweet "Nothings" She Needs To Hear From You! by donTbone(m): 9:26am On Sep 15, 2015
take it or leave it, it goes a long way telling her she is beautiful...facially. how do u feel if told you are handsome...by anybody? besides, who marries a worwor lady anyway! [b]beauty they say, lies in the eyes of the beholder[/b[size=8pt][/size]]!
Cutehector:
Re: 10 Sweet "Nothings" She Needs To Hear From You! by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 15, 2015
Cutehector:

No, no, we slurp that shyt up like nobody's business. Who doesn't want their man to tell them they're beautiful? Save "beautiful heart" for other times or for the Mother Theresa types. Being told you're beautiful every now & then, brings on the swoon, honey cheesy Just don't overdo it because it loses the effect when said too much.
Re: 10 Sweet "Nothings" She Needs To Hear From You! by funlord(m): 9:32am On Sep 15, 2015
grin
O.p! You forgot to add "swallow my balls"! They love hearing that the most!
Re: 10 Sweet "Nothings" She Needs To Hear From You! by Ewizard(m): 9:33am On Sep 15, 2015
11. "ure jus a female version of me"..
Re: 10 Sweet "Nothings" She Needs To Hear From You! by donTbone(m): 9:43am On Sep 15, 2015
swallow your wah? shocked, even if she does, is there a reserved balls

eemo re o! grin
funlord:
grin

O.p! You forgot to add "swallow my balls"! They love hearing that the most!
Re: 10 Sweet "Nothings" She Needs To Hear From You! by Cutehector(m): 9:46am On Sep 15, 2015
PunkyVeer:

No, no, we slurp that shyt up like nobody's business. Who doesn't want their man to tell them they're beautiful? Save "beautiful heart" for other times or for the Mother Theresa types. Being told you're beautiful every now & then, brings on the swoon, honey cheesy Just don't overdo it because it loses the effect when said too much.
nonsense.... U tell a gurl she looks beautiful, she is like oh come of it please... So save me dat crap punky...

1 Like

Re: 10 Sweet "Nothings" She Needs To Hear From You! by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 15, 2015
tell Me all those stuffs...I'd probably get bored.......they get Ridiculously boring sometimes...sad Some girls Love actions too..."Like, Hey dumb silly ass Girl get me some Ice-cream. will yah?" ...same with boys too..."grin"
who's with me? cheesy
Re: 10 Sweet "Nothings" She Needs To Hear From You! by donholy28(m): 9:55am On Sep 15, 2015
Some of these things re trash...but anyway op what if u say these things when u know that its a pure lie
Re: 10 Sweet "Nothings" She Needs To Hear From You! by donTbone(m): 10:10am On Sep 15, 2015
Estharfabian:
tell Me all those stuffs...I'd probably get bored.......they get Ridiculously boring sometimes...sad Some girls Love actions too..."Like, Hey dumb silly ass Girl get me some Ice-cream. will yah?" ...same with boys too..."grin"
who's with me? cheesy

how about if I tell you... 'get ya ass straight, I wanna cum' undecided.. don't really good at such words jor...but I can be dirty atyms sha tongue

1 Like

Re: 10 Sweet "Nothings" She Needs To Hear From You! by Cutehector(m): 10:29am On Sep 15, 2015
Estharfabian:
who's with me? cheesy
como estas wink
Re: 10 Sweet "Nothings" She Needs To Hear From You! by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 15, 2015
Cutehector:
como estas wink
estoy bien....Como estais? smiley
Re: 10 Sweet "Nothings" She Needs To Hear From You! by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 15, 2015
donTbone:

how about if I tell you... 'get ya ass straight, I wanna cum' undecided.. don't really good at such words jor...but I can be dirty atyms sha tongue
That's way outta the question... shocked
Re: 10 Sweet "Nothings" She Needs To Hear From You! by Cutehector(m): 12:05pm On Sep 15, 2015
Estharfabian:
estoy bien....Como estais? smiley
lol dats good. Lol let's not finish wit spanish befor ds spambot now will ban both of us lol. Me I hate complimentin I swear. If a gurl is fat, I'l tell her hoha say she fat.
Re: 10 Sweet "Nothings" She Needs To Hear From You! by donTbone(m): 12:12pm On Sep 15, 2015
Estharfabian:
That's way outta the question... shocked

you don't wanna get bored now...and I wanna show you some action too!
LOL cheesy
Re: 10 Sweet "Nothings" She Needs To Hear From You! by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 15, 2015
how about,,,,,,,gurl, you're amazing just the way you're ..
. . .#coinedfromBrunoMars.
Re: 10 Sweet "Nothings" She Needs To Hear From You! by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 15, 2015
Who actually says 'I respect you'?
That's weird.
You're just supposed to show it with your actions.....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Woo A Church Girl? / Sexual Attraction To Dead People? / What Pet Name Or Names Do You Call Your Guy/babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.