Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Nigerian Ambassador To France Should Please Resign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Ambassador To France Should Please Resign (2062 Views)

Zaria Massacre: Sheikh Zakzaky Sent To France For Treatment / A Jubilant Crowd Welcomes Buhari To France / Ade Adefuye Dies (Nigerian Ambassador To U.S) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Ambassador To France Should Please Resign by buluti(m): 8:17pm On Oct 05, 2006
Calling on the Nigerian Ambassador to France, please do the honourable thing and RESIGN.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/5406144.stm
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/sports/article01
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200610057123750

In my opinion it is an embarassment (National) that the machine used for printing Nigerian passports in a country like France (or any country at all) would breakdown for two months.

Furthermore, i find it hard to understand how the Ambassador can be comfortable about this (evidenced by the links above where John Utaka cannot obtain a new passport to enable him join the National team in Lesotho). I can only imagine the plight of the average Nigerian in France needing any form of diplomatic assistance.

I stand corrected but this gives an indication of the level of service offered. Mr Ambassador in France in the era we are moving into and the direction we are hoping for our beloved country such laxity cannot be tolerated, so i call on you all to join me in asking him to resign.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To France Should Please Resign by kimba(m): 12:26am On Oct 06, 2006
so what did the Ambassador do wrong.

is it the first time that such a machine will break down?

even photocopy machines in Asokoro break down and it takes weeks for the necessary people to sign documents for its repairs. Has anyone stopped PHCN from taking electricity in Asokoro. Dont they have generators there? even if only for extreme standby?

and what about the politicians who have eaten millions of naira, have they resigned? or they've even gotten re-appointment letters.

Abeg, let your Utaka man go sit down. There are more pressing issues to deal with.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To France Should Please Resign by ono(m): 7:38am On Oct 06, 2006
Buluti,
Long time. I'm surprised you do not know that these are not the days and times for leaders at any level to resign in this country. Such ''luxury'' only happens in places like Ghana and South Africa. Nigerian leaders are sit-tight leaders. They steal and commit other atrocities with impunity. Telling them to resigh is like pouring water on stone. It won't sink in. Their conscience have been seared with a hot iron. They cannot change.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To France Should Please Resign by Sijien(m): 10:33pm On Oct 06, 2006
since when did d ambasador and d machine become one?na all of dem for d office dem suppose sack
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To France Should Please Resign by Odeku(m): 11:06pm On Oct 06, 2006
There are more veriables to the equition, and it goes all the way back to naija
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To France Should Please Resign by buchio7(m): 11:01am On Oct 07, 2006
As much as we know dat variables point back to d bureaucracy in naija but as an ambassador u r d c.e.o of d embassy n shd take responsibility for both d successes n d failures under ur watch, 2 months 4 Gods sake!!!!!!!!!

It is quite inexcusable for someone who is supposed to be the face of nigeria in france
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To France Should Please Resign by buluti(m): 11:03pm On Oct 08, 2006
@ ono, Thanx for the response, quite a while really and hows our prince doing? Hows PH and the roads?

Reading the few comments so far i really am closed to tears except for "buchio7" and "ono" to a little extent, the few see it as a non-issue. As "kimba says "my Utaka should go and see down". Yes there are other major issues and theres bureacracy that makes it right no one should take responsibility,

I rest my case really, but whether it counts or not in my own little way i call on the Ambassador to resign for such an embarrasment.

It was a salient voice that culminated to a majority that has forced Tony Blair to give an exit date even after such a brillant performance as prime minister. We need to build a culture of accountability maybe not our generation but the next that will reap the fruit. Nation building is a painful process as it involves changing the status quo, particularly rent seeking and govt favours. It should be a tireless process, we must keep at it.

We dont have such a culture now but we can cultivate it.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador To France Should Please Resign by lewa(m): 11:28pm On Oct 08, 2006
Someone of us dont get it still.Why should he resign?
Tafa had no light in the Kam Salem Police HQ when EFCC came around to arrest him.
Imagine that!Ok take this one-the lifts at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs were not working
when Dr Okonjo-Iweala resumed as Minister even photocopy machine, typewriter no de.
Anytime foreign dignitaries came staff had to go buy refreshments from hawkers outside
the ministry gates! Countless ministries have no functioning washrooms,litttered corridors
smelly offices-so what are u saying? No one cares !
Monsieur le Minister du plenipotientiary owes no one any favour apart from those he has to make returns to
Have you been to The Nigerian High Commission in the UK?

(1) (Reply)

Evidence That Buhari Sponsors Boko Haram / Shocker: "People Around Me Are Clueless" - Says Mallam Elrufai / Buhari Condemns Boko Haram And Bombings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.