Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,987 members, 7,814,373 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (551726 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by michael1385: 5:17pm On Mar 30, 2017
Tnx olujastro....which school ar u n what's ur course of study?

Pls, even if I am able to get job...will the pay be enough to pay my rent n feed?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 6:15pm On Mar 30, 2017
michael1385:
Tnx olujastro....which school ar u n what's ur course of study?

Pls, even if I am able to get job...will the pay be enough to pay my rent n feed?
All jobs (no matter how menial) in Norway pays well and is sufficient for a comfortable living.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by JERRYPOPINS(m): 6:30pm On Mar 30, 2017
I HEARD THEY DON'T GIVE VISA FOR BACHELORS DEGREE.IS THIS TRUE?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ToluNorsk: 12:08am On Apr 01, 2017
Just got an email fro NTNU. Admission granted.
God is so good. Will share my testimony soon.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by philoxy4: 10:31am On Apr 01, 2017
ToluNorsk:
Just got an email fro NTNU. Admission granted.
God is so good. Will share my testimony soon.

Congratulations @ToluNorsk

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chaiks: 4:43pm On Apr 02, 2017
kraizybone:

I didn't really provide any such evidence. I was aware of the requirement but assumed there was or would be a way to circumvent it.. apparently I was wrong.
you mean at d initial phase of applying for admission, you did not provide any bank details containing d 103000 kronor? just want to know if one can apply for admission without that.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kraizybone(m): 5:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
chaiks:
you mean at d initial phase of applying for admission, you did not provide any bank details containing d 103000 kronor? just want to know if one can apply for admission without that.
No, I didn't provide any such information.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chaiks: 6:52pm On Apr 02, 2017
kraizybone:

No, I didn't provide any such information.
OK.gud.but did you pay any application fee and if,how much is it?I heard its not a must for Nigerians to provide ielts and d likes.can I use a language proficiency proof I obtained last yr from my school to apply?with original certificate,copy of transcript,written motivation letter ,and ID data page,hope one is gud to go when app starts this yr against next yr?hope yo hear u
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 9:03pm On Apr 02, 2017
chaiks:
OK.gud.but did you pay any application fee and if,how much is it?I heard its not a must for Nigerians to provide ielts and d likes.can I use a language proficiency proof I obtained last yr from my school to apply?with original certificate,copy of transcript,written motivation letter ,and ID data page,hope one is gud to go when app starts this yr against next yr?hope yo hear u
You are trolling.. I could remember you on this thread since last year, u claim to make almost 1st class , asking if scholarship are available. I vividly remember.

I wonder why you are still asking these type of questions like someone who just registered on nairaland. Just wondering- especially someone that claim to make a fantastic result.

Get real and start doing research if you haven't.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by philoxy4: 9:29pm On Apr 02, 2017
Bandeco:

You are trolling.. I could remember you on this thread since last year, u claim to make almost 1st class , asking if scholarship are available. I vividly remember.

I wonder why you are still asking these type of questions like someone who just registered on nairaland. Just wondering- especially someone that claim to make a fantastic result.

[center][/center] angry grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chaiks: 6:40am On Apr 03, 2017
Bandeco:

yes.its me .still trolling due to some reasons. d fact is DAT am not clear about d application fee.besides, I v done some research on d schools and courses DAT suites me and found some.but someone is saying here he did not provide financial proof at d time of applying yet he was admitted.that's y I asked to be sure as DAT was wat prevented me from applying last year.please clarify on DAT.sorry for my repeated questions.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by sobastical: 12:01pm On Apr 03, 2017
chaiks:
yes.its me .still trolling due to some reasons. d fact is DAT am not clear about d application fee.besides, I v done some research on d schools and courses DAT suites me and found some.but someone is saying here he did not provide financial proof at d time of applying yet he was admitted.that's y I asked to be sure as DAT was wat prevented me from applying last year.please clarify on DAT.sorry for my repeated questions.

Just cos of that? When you can just call or mail the school to get accurate information? haba
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 3:19pm On Apr 03, 2017
chaiks:
There's no way you can avoid the funding requirements.
Even if you gain admission without providing proof of funding, you CANNOT avoid it when applying for a study permit. Norwegian directorate of immigration will not approve your application if you don't show proof of transfer of NOK103950 into a Norwegian bank account.

So don't get excited because someone gain admission without bank statement.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by willjoe: 3:21pm On Apr 03, 2017
Bandeco:

All jobs (no matter how menial) in Norway pays well and is sufficient for a comfortable living.
hey boss, whats d tuition to study law?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 3:23pm On Apr 03, 2017
willjoe:
hey boss, whats d tuition to study law?
No tuition fees is charged for studies in Norwegian public institutions
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by willjoe: 3:41pm On Apr 03, 2017
Bandeco:

No tuition fees is charged for studies in Norwegian public institutions
wow, hw about the process of applying there, cost of living, and other factors. i'd like to start, thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 7:22pm On Apr 03, 2017
willjoe:
wow, hw about the process of applying there, cost of living, and other factors. i'd like to start, thanks.
www.studyinnorway.no

Law is taught in Norwegian language. Sorry

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chaiks: 8:36pm On Apr 03, 2017
Bandeco:

There's no way you can avoid the funding requirements.
Even if you gain admission without providing proof of funding, you CANNOT avoid it when applying for a study permit. Norwegian directorate of immigration will not approve your application if you don't show proof of transfer of NOK103950 into a Norwegian bank account.

So don't get excited because someone gain admission without bank statement.
OK.now I get d real gee.one can apply for admission without d bank details and I'll be granted admission .its clear to me now.some personal issues made me asked about D's angle.now,does application fee applies and aw much if pls?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by willjoe: 8:51pm On Apr 03, 2017
Bandeco:

www.studyinnorway.no

Law is taught in Norwegian language. Sorry
any art course taught in english?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 04, 2017
My sister who is in Norway registered my visa application online but along the line she made a mistake of the place where my international passport was issued instead of warri she entered Asaba. She could not correct it again since it's a minor error, God so kind I have not submitted the documents. My question is can vfsglobal office in Lagos be able to correct it without demanding for huge amount of money? Where are the travel experts, Has anyone experience this before pls share your experience thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 10:40am On Apr 04, 2017
chaiks:
OK.now I get d real gee.one can apply for admission without d bank details and I'll be granted admission .its clear to me now.some personal issues made me asked about D's angle.now,does application fee applies and aw much if pls?
Providing proof of funding is an admission requirement for all Norwegian University. I did not say one can be granted admission without it.. Most universities will not consider ur application if you don't show proof of funding by way of your personal or sponsor's bank statement.

You seem too naive for someone that made 4.49. Your questions and writings doesn't give the impression of someone you claim to be.

It's a year now you made your first post on this thread and you are still asking very uninspiring questions.

That's why for over a year now, you have not been able to apply for any scholarship, anywhere. The same sort of question you were asking last year, is still what you are asking this year.

I say get real, read and research.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 10:54am On Apr 04, 2017
Hello my people.

Is anyone in or near Oslo?

I will be in Oslo this Friday and Saturday.
I think it will be great if I meet fellow Nigerians/Nairalanders for a lunch/drink in Oslo.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by philoxy4: 2:15pm On Apr 04, 2017
Kulex:

I was admitted to study MSc in Technology and Safety in the High North at UiT, the Arctic University of Norway, Tromsø. How about you?

@Kulex
I got admitted for this same course this year.Hoping to join you soon... smiley
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 1:07am On Apr 06, 2017
[quote author=Bandeco post=55250025]Hello my people.

Is anyone in or near Oslo?

I will be in Oslo this Friday and Saturday.
I think it will be great if I meet fellow Nigerians/Nairalanders for a lunch/drink in Oslo.

That's cool will be coming to Norway soon by June. You have been granted visa i sure
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 6:47am On Apr 06, 2017
Justice96:

That's cool will be coming to Norway soon by June. You have been granted visa i sure
Visa? I can't remember ever discussing I am seeking visa.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 06, 2017
[quote author=Bandeco post=55306648]
Visa? I can't remember ever discussing I am seeking visa. OK bro
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by philoxy4: 4:07pm On Apr 06, 2017
Bandeco:

Oh sad to read this.

Didn't you read about the residence permit requirement before applying?

I suppose you were required to provide evidence of funds during the application process.

It is well sha.

Hello everyone,For those at Tromsø:Pls do you have any idea if i can pay 70% of the cost of living upfront and send in my balance at a later date,for some reasons i can't get the whole 100% at the moment
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by coolsegun2002: 6:15pm On Apr 06, 2017
Bandeco:

Providing proof of funding is an admission requirement for all Norwegian University. I did not say one can be granted admission without it.. Most universities will not consider ur application if you don't show proof of funding by way of your personal or sponsor's bank statement.

You seem too naive for someone that made 4.49. Your questions and writings doesn't give the impression of someone you claim to be.

It's a year now you made your first post on this thread and you are still asking very uninspiring questions.

That's why for over a year now, you have not been able to apply for any scholarship, anywhere. The same sort of question you were asking last year, is still what you are asking this year.

I say get real, read and research.

U seem to have a problem with the guy's grade...some pple are sort good academically...but they aren't really intelligent and versatile...I used to have a friend in college. The guy has a photographic memory which helped him to remember all they teach us..we call him la-cram la-pour.. he graduated with a CGPA of 4.42
When we graduated I got a job befor him...he asked me to connect him t pple that helped me...I told him I search online and subscribe to naijahot jobs and so on.....i gave him d links..u won't beleive this dude will open the links and be commenting in the "leave a comment section" at the bottom of the job advert page. He will drop his fone number and email saying he is interested in the job...

u'll be suprised some pple with good grades don't know how to navigate the internet to get what they are looking for..If tell u I make some small bucks helping pple apply for admission abroad in my spare time..what will u now say? ....as in people with 4.0 GP and above..good grades doesn't automatically translate to beign smart and intelligent all the time

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 7:00pm On Apr 06, 2017
coolsegun2002:

U seem to have a problem with the guy's grade...some pple are sort good academically...but they aren't really intelligent and versatile...I used to have a friend in college. The guy has a photographic memory which helped him to remember all they teach us..we call him la-cram la-pour.. he graduated with a CGPA of 4.42
When we graduated I got a job befor him...he asked me to connect him t pple that helped me...I told him I search online and subscribe to naijahot jobs and so on.....i gave him d links..u won't beleive this dude will open the links and be commenting in the "leave a comment section" at the bottom of the job advert page. He will drop his fone number and email saying he is interested in the job...

u'll be suprised some pple with good grades don't know how to navigate the internet to get what they are looking for..If tell u I make some small bucks helping pple apply for admission abroad in my spare time..what will u now say? ....as in people with 4.0 GP and above..good grades doesn't automatically translate to beign smart and intelligent all the time
I totally agree. Academic brilliance doesn't always translate to being smart. I know some people like that too and to me it just sucks to be them.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by opeyemi361: 10:38pm On Apr 06, 2017
I wasn't granted admission at the University of Oslo. Looking forward to UIS, that's my main target, I just hope it will be granted
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by opeyemi361: 10:39pm On Apr 06, 2017
I wasn't granted admission at the University of Oslo. Looking forward to UIS, that's my main target, I just hope it will be granted

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.