Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,143 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (552362 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by bucky123(m): 7:13am On Mar 30, 2018
Good morning everyone, has anybody gotten offer from University of Stavanger this year?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by trilobite: 8:40am On Mar 30, 2018
bucky123:
Good morning everyone, has anybody gotten offer from University of Stavanger this year?

Nope. May be around May because they opened their portal late. Funny enough, this is just preliminary as no one has been asked to send transcripts.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 30, 2018
strangest:

I disagree with the bolded... i have friends in Aussie and NZ currently receiving stipends from host country while they get a degree... fully funded scholarship

Ok
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by okezie007(m): 10:31am On Mar 30, 2018
If you drove heavy duty vehicles (forklifts, tractors) as a skill would it sell? Is there demand for such skills?
EMMAACHILE:

The end part of the second link says it all.

"Have a couple of things you can fall back on - a trade, a hobby or an education - so you can work as a freelancer or develop a small business. So... what do you think - is it easy to get a job in Norway, or is it hard?"

Without a skill, I will never leave Nigeria to a foreign land to rely on jobs. I know some people who said Ghanaians for example go into large scale farming in Australia to meet ends meet. But we, Nigerians will most likely rely on strong muscles to get work experience doing menial jobs in a foreign land.
Learn something like tailoring, fashion design, beads making, freelancing or even broiler or layers production. It's not that hard to learn all these things.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 30, 2018
okezie007:
If you drive heavy duty vehicles (forklifts, tractors) as a skill would it sell? Is there demand for such skills?
I don't know for Norway, but for those in Australia, that skill is in demand.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by damisco87(m): 4:23pm On Mar 30, 2018
strangest:

I disagree with the bolded... i have friends in Aussie and NZ currently receiving stipends from host country while they get a degree... fully funded scholarship

Please, can you link me up?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by vinlyreeks(m): 9:22pm On Apr 01, 2018
I am interested in studying Norway but I can't speak or write their language besides they don't offer my course in English what do I do about you
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ebenosky: 2:55pm On Apr 05, 2018
Hello Guys, please, is there anyone here currently studying at the University of Bergen or applied and awaiting admission? Is it possible for a relative or family friend to issue a sponsorship letter to support visa application? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by folavictor: 9:53pm On Apr 05, 2018
hello
i want to beginning my application to ntnu for electronic systems and instrumentation. i want to know if you guys paid the required application fees 900 sek.
also the page keeps saying the schools location is in sweden not norway
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 05, 2018
folavictor:
hello
i want to beginning my application to ntnu for electronic systems and instrumentation. i want to know if you guys paid the required application fees 900 sek.
also the page keeps saying the schools location is in sweden not norway

This is funny grin grin
If the fee is in SEK then the school is in Sweden, SEK is Swedish Krona, Norway uses NOK Norway Krona smiley
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by folavictor: 10:12am On Apr 06, 2018
please can you give me a lnk i can apply through. i cant see any on there website or in studyinnorway.no
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by bucky123(m): 6:22pm On Apr 09, 2018
Congratulations to those that have been offered admission.
If you have been able to transfer your living expenses, please share the details of the process with us, particularly the conversion rate used.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Dockal(m): 8:30am On Apr 10, 2018
Ebenosky:
Hello Guys, please, is there anyone here currently studying at the University of Bergen or applied and awaiting admission? Is it possible for a relative or family friend to issue a sponsorship letter to support visa application? Thanks

Yes, it's possible, but your relationship with the person MUST be stated on the letter.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by polis007(m): 9:01am On Apr 10, 2018
bucky123:
Congratulations to those that have been offered admission.
If you have been able to transfer your living expenses, please share the details of the process with us, particularly the conversion rate used.

I hv done mine, my elder brother resides in Oslo, he helped me do the transfer, incase anybody wants to do such transfer....just contact me 08064383854, he's currently in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by trilobite: 12:46pm On Apr 10, 2018
polis007:

I hv done mine, my elder brother resides in Oslo, he helped me do the transfer, incase anybody wants to do such transfer....just contact me 08064383854, he's currently in Nigeria.

Delete this!!! I'd strongly advice anyone admitted to be extra careful and consult with their schools before doing anything.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Semose: 1:32pm On Apr 10, 2018
bucky123:
Can't say.... Mine is UiT
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 11:28pm On Apr 10, 2018
KillerBeauty:
I heard finding work in Norway without a good knowledge of the Norwegian language is like finding a needle in a hay stack.

https://medium.com/@twobeers/so-you-want-to-come-to-norway-to-find-work-b93907a94bc5

http://mylittlenorway.com/2009/10/how-to-get-a-job-in-norway/
Pretty much. But the question is: how hard is it to learn the basics of Norwegian? Any hardworking student can do it easily during their degree. A little intermingling with other Norwegian students a few times a week and similar stuff, and you should be good to go in less than a year. However, if you go without attending university, then you better have something that sets you apart. Not worth it IMO to waste your money on such a gamble. You can do more with that money in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by dhrogbar9: 2:02am On Apr 11, 2018
I'm sorry to ask. In a case I want to apply for a Visa... Must my sponsor be someone that lives in Nigeria or Norway? Secondly, will they debit my sponsor's account before granting me a visa? Thank you.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by bucky123(m): 10:27am On Apr 12, 2018
I just received admission offer from UIS, has anyone else received too?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by trilobite: 12:02pm On Apr 13, 2018
bucky123:
From stavanger?!! Nope. Nothing. This year's process has been strange.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by tallmewarh: 1:51pm On Apr 13, 2018
Please is anyone presently studying at NMBU or as been offered admission to NMBU this year.
Kindly indicate and let us hook up.
PLEASE REPLY don't just read through
Thanks.
#Teamneverwalkalone$
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by bucky123(m): 5:52pm On Apr 13, 2018
Good day everyone,
Please has anyone been able to transfer the living expenses using the CBN Form A?
I was at GTBank earlier today and I was told I needed to get some documents including Invoice from the school in order to be able to use Form A. However, UiS said they do not give out invoices for this purpose.
Has anyone else had this?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 7:23pm On Apr 13, 2018
bucky123:
Good day everyone,
Please has anyone been able to transfer the living expenses using the CBN Form A?
I was at GTBank earlier today and I was told I needed to get some documents including Invoice from the school in order to be able to use Form A. However, UiS said they do not give out invoices for this purpose.
I thought the process is pretty straightforward. Download your admission letter. Click on the link that talks about visa for non EU students in the letter and download the required pdf files that pertain to you there.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by stewiepeter: 7:24pm On Apr 13, 2018
bucky123:
Congratulations, what course did you apply for?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by bucky123(m): 8:33pm On Apr 13, 2018
That was exactly what I thought too until I was asked to provide invoice from the school. I provided every other thing they asked for: international passport,
Admission letter, Bachelors degree certificate but the only one I couldn't provide was the invoice for payment.
olujastro:

I thought the process is pretty straightforward. Download your admission letter. Click on the link that talks about visa for non EU students in the letter and download the required pdf files that pertain to you there.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by bucky123(m): 8:36pm On Apr 13, 2018
stewiepeter:

Congratulations, what course did you apply for?

MSc. Mathematics and Physics.
Stewiepeter, I just sent you a mail, I'd like if we could talk so I can get first hand information from you.
I see from your previous post that you're in Stavanger.
I'd really appreciate that, please.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Dockal(m): 8:57pm On Apr 13, 2018
bucky123:
Good day everyone,
Well, from what i know the school is suppose to send you a letter for "visa purpose" where the amount you are supposed to transfer is clearly stated. I am talking from my experience with UiT, and i think the same should be obtainable in UIS.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by bucky123(m): 9:32pm On Apr 13, 2018
Dockal:

Well, from what i know the school is suppose to send you a letter for "visa purpose" where the amount you are supposed to transfer is clearly stated. I am talking from my experience with UiT, and i think the same should be obtainable in UIS.

This was what I got from UiS, I don't know what to make of it.

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 10:46pm On Apr 13, 2018
bucky123:
That was exactly what I thought too until I was asked to provide invoice from the school. I provided every other thing they asked for: international passport,
Admission letter, Bachelors degree certificate but the only one I couldn't provide was the invoice for payment.
I was trying to say it's a straightforward process and I just described how you can get the document that the bank asked you to.
Click on the link that ends with newstudents under Visa for non EU. I just went through my UiS admission letter again and downloaded the pdf file from that link. There you'll find UiS bank account details and the amount to be transferred. Is there no such link on your admission letter? Or you didn't go through it thoroughly I guess.

Let me paste it here for you. Click on Document for financing
http://www.uis.no/studies/master-s-programmes-in-english/new-students/newly-admitted-students-article85717-9360.html
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by bucky123(m): 11:13pm On Apr 13, 2018
olujastro:

I was trying to say it's a straightforward process and I just described how you can get the document that the bank asked you to.
Click on the link that ends with newstudents under Visa for non EU. I just went through my UiS admission letter again and downloaded the pdf file from that link. There you'll find UiS bank account details and the amount to be transferred. Is there no such link on your admission letter? Or you didn't go through it thoroughly I guess.

Let me paste it here for you. Click on Document for financing
http://www.uis.no/studies/master-s-programmes-in-english/new-students/newly-admitted-students-article85717-9360.html

I did come across the pdf file but I did not know that was what they needed.
Thank you very much for your help.

P.S.
I believe this is the document you speak of.

1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by tallmewarh: 12:05pm On Apr 14, 2018
[quote author=tallmewarh post=66678058]Please is anyone presently studying at NMBU or as been offered admission to NMBU this year.
Kindly indicate and let us hook up.
PLEASE REPLY don't just read through
Thanks.
#Teamneverwalkalone#[/5quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (154) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.