Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (551116 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Semose: 9:24pm On Mar 25, 2018
Dockal:

Congrats. I was also given admission in same school for MPH. Have you accepted your offer?. Cos on d "soknadsweb", i can't see the options for "Reject or Accept"
I accepted the offer via email sent to me
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by polis007(m): 9:27pm On Mar 25, 2018
Dockal:

Congrats. I was also given admission in same school for MPH. Have you accepted your offer?. Cos on d "soknadsweb", i can't see the options for "Reject or Accept"

Click on the link they sent to your email, it will take you to Soknadsweb, that's how I did mine.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Dockal(m): 11:31pm On Mar 25, 2018
polis007:

Click on the link they sent to your email, it will take you to Soknadsweb, that's how I did mine.
That's exactly what i did. But there was no option to either accept or reject the offer on the page.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Dockal(m): 11:32pm On Mar 25, 2018
Semose:

I accepted the offer via email sent to me
Did they acknowledge your email?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Semose: 4:36am On Mar 26, 2018
Dockal:
Did they acknowledge your email?
No
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by polis007(m): 9:26am On Mar 26, 2018
Semose:

No

It's quite unusual, you need to follow up your email and lay the complaint n mk sure you get a feedback before the April 9th deadline. The official channel for acceptance is the Soknadsweb cos there's where you'll eventually download the admission letter.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bobodoherty: 10:41am On Mar 26, 2018
Is application open for fall semester
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Semose: 10:42am On Mar 26, 2018
polis007:

It's quite unusual, you need to follow up your email and lay the complaint n mk sure you get a feedback before the April 9th deadline. The official channel for acceptance is the Soknadsweb cos there's where you'll eventually download the admission letter.
I already downloaded the official admission letter.. Is there still a need for accepting the admission offer.. Cos I accepted it via the admission confirmation email sent to me
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by elvisgood: 3:38pm On Mar 26, 2018
Pls guys am Elvis I want to apply for study in Norway I just need someone to guard me.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Semose: 1:41pm On Mar 27, 2018
elvisgood:
Pls guys am Elvis I want to apply for study in Norway I just need someone to guard me.
U will have to wait till late October to apply.. Google Study in Norway to get more info
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Semose: 1:43pm On Mar 27, 2018
Pls do we have anyone who got admitted to UiT the Artic University here?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by KillerBeauty(f): 6:51pm On Mar 27, 2018
elvisgood:
Start your research here

https://www.studyinnorway.no
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by KillerBeauty(f): 8:05pm On Mar 27, 2018
I heard finding work in Norway without a good knowledge of the Norwegian language is like finding a needle in a hay stack.

https://medium.com/@twobeers/so-you-want-to-come-to-norway-to-find-work-b93907a94bc5

http://mylittlenorway.com/2009/10/how-to-get-a-job-in-norway/
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Uchboggy(m): 7:11am On Mar 28, 2018
KillerBeauty:
I heard finding work in Norway without a good knowledge of the Norwegian language is like finding a needle in a hay stack.

https://medium.com/@twobeers/so-you-want-to-come-to-norway-to-find-work-b93907a94bc5

Very very very very true in my opinion.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 28, 2018
KillerBeauty:
The end part of the second link says it all.

"Have a couple of things you can fall back on - a trade, a hobby or an education - so you can work as a freelancer or develop a small business. So... what do you think - is it easy to get a job in Norway, or is it hard?"

Without a skill, I will never leave Nigeria to a foreign land to rely on jobs. I know some people who said Ghanaians for example go into large scale farming in Australia to meet ends meet. But we, Nigerians will most likely rely on strong muscles to get work experience doing menial jobs in a foreign land.
Learn something like tailoring, fashion design, beads making, freelancing or even broiler or layers production. It's not that hard to learn all these things.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by damisco87(m): 3:22pm On Mar 28, 2018
Hi everyone, I am very happy seeing this thread on Nairaland.

I am a graduate of Plant Breeding and currently considering studying in Norway for MSc.

I saw that a lot of schools in Norway has tuition-free programmes.

Is there any scholarship that can cater for living and travel expenses in Norway? Please, I need help on this and I am planning to apply ASAP if there is any school that offers Plant Biotechnology or Plant Breeding.

Thank you very much!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 28, 2018
damisco87:

I am a graduate of Plant Breeding and currently considering studying in Norway for MSc.

Is there any scholarship that can cater for living and travel expenses in Norway? Please, I need help on this and I am planning to apply ASAP if there is any school that offers Plant Biotechnology or Plant Breeding.

Thank you very much!

There's no school that can cater for living and travel expenses, they've already given you tuition free programs. If you want to study in Norway, prepare your 4.7m for living expenses.

You can search for courses here https://www.studyinnorway.no/

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 28, 2018
damisco87:

Thank you very much!
The courses are closed for the session and will reopen around Sept to Dec 2018 for application.
See link for courses
https://www.mastersportal.com

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by damisco87(m): 4:53pm On Mar 28, 2018
skarlett:

There's no school that can cater for living and travel expenses, they've already given you tuition free programs. If you want to study in Norway, prepare your 4.7m for living expenses.

You can search for courses here https://www.studyinnorway.no/

Thank you for your reply. However, I was seeing some scholarship links online, although I could not see Nigeria as an eligible country. How are the Nigerians studying in Norway coping? I want to believe there should be a legit way out of this.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by damisco87(m): 4:54pm On Mar 28, 2018
Thank you!

EMMAACHILE:

The courses are closed for the session and will reopen around Sept to Dec 2018 for application.
See link for courses
https://www.mastersportal.com
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 28, 2018
damisco87:

Thank you for your reply. However, I was seeing some scholarship links online, although I could not see Nigeria as an eligible country. How are the Nigerians studying in Norway coping? I want to believe there should be a legit way out of this.

They have the money to study there? Or they have someone willing and able to foot their bills?

My dear, I see you're kind of looking for a way to circumvent the huge money involved in the process but the truth is, there's no country in the world where you won't spend to get your degree, even if there's no tuition. You have to really prepare yourself and plan wisely.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 28, 2018
skarlett:

They have the money to study there? Or they have someone willing and able to foot their bills?

My dear, I see you're kind of looking for a way to circumvent the huge money involved in the process but the truth is, there's no country in the world where you won't spend to get your degree, even if there's no tuition. You have to really prepare yourself and plan wisely.
It's possible to study without tuition and living expenses. Those on full college scholarship are an example.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 28, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

It's possible to study without tuition and living expenses. Those on full college scholarship are an example.

They didn't take tests? Pay for their flight tickets? Visa fees? To mention a few

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 28, 2018
skarlett:

They didn't take tests? Pay for their flight tickets? Visa fees? To mention a few
Some cover all like costs like the Kofi anan scholarship covers tuition, fees, flight and living expenses.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 28, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Some cover all like costs like the Kofi anan scholarship covers tuition, fees, flight and living expenses.

Interesting
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 28, 2018
skarlett:

Interesting
Can foreigners in Norway access credit cards?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by damisco87(m): 8:07am On Mar 29, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Exactly, this was what I was trying to point out. Even though everybody might not be able to benefit from this but I beleive it is possible. Please, if you know of any scholarship like this in Norway or that studying in Norway will benefit from, kindly let me know.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by damisco87(m): 8:09am On Mar 29, 2018
skarlett:

Even if I have to pay for flight ticket or visa fee, I do not mind. I am more interested in getting the living expenses sponsored.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 29, 2018
damisco87:

Even if I have to pay for flight ticket or visa fee, I do not mind. I am more interested in getting the living expenses sponsored.

Oh okay. I don't know if that's possible in Norway
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mightyola: 12:30pm On Mar 29, 2018
Sorry Guys, I know this is the wrong thread to post this question,but i can't seem to find any. Is 700k account balance enough to apply for a Polish visa to attend a conference for two days?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mekmolly: 1:21pm On Mar 29, 2018
So ur saying 4.7million can cover for one's stay throughout his or her studies

You can search for courses here https://www.studyinnorway.no/[/quote]
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by strangest(m): 1:43am On Mar 30, 2018
skarlett:

I disagree with the bolded... i have friends in Aussie and NZ currently receiving stipends from host country while they get a degree... fully funded scholarship

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.