Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,233 members, 7,818,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. (4350 Views)

12 States Owe Salaries Despite Bailout Funds From FG / NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund / Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by oloyede252(m): 1:45pm On Sep 16, 2015
Rose2014:

Lol you don give me work abi? How much salary? tongue
one thousand five naira na him den tribal bigot dey earn,
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by kenny987(f): 1:48pm On Sep 16, 2015
oloyede252:

are you sister rose?are you a tribal bigot?

No, I am not Sister Rose but I will call u out when u attempt to be silly as u have just done. If standing up for a sister is being a tribal bigot then I am one! I am sure if I had quoted u and bashed her or said something like 'Don't mind her', u wouldn't have asked me if I was Sister Rose! Silly!
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by kenny987(f): 1:49pm On Sep 16, 2015
Rose2014:

Don't mind him.
My sis from another mother, kee nke na-eme?

Nwanne a nom ofuma! Kee way?
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by Candyrain(m): 1:50pm On Sep 16, 2015
Let's meet at out joint outside this forum dear smiley Waiting...
Rose2014:

Lol@high places I'm fine dear. I greet u boss
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by Candyrain(m): 1:51pm On Sep 16, 2015
Nwanyi oma is here, how are you doing dear?
kenny987:

Nwanne a nom ofuma! Kee way?
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by kenny987(f): 1:53pm On Sep 16, 2015
Candyrain:
Nwanyi oma is here, how are you doing dear?

Oke mmadu! I am doing great and u? I chobago e kupu nwannem nwanyi one side okwa ya? That joint outside...hmmm
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by Candyrain(m): 2:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
I'm alright dear. The way you write epistle ontop people head, hia! Na die for them ooo grin

We have a biology assignment we need to do asap, the date of submission is near grin and at least our joint is better than grandma's backyard. No fear of pepper being poured on us grin

kenny987:

Oke mmadu! I am doing great and u? I chobago e kupu nwannem nwanyi one side okwa ya? That joint outside...hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by Bevista: 2:03pm On Sep 16, 2015
kenny987:
The 'good intentions' of the President amount to putting the cart before the horse! It is throwing good money after bad and that is the worst thing any sane person should do! There should have been thorough investigation to determine why the debts accrued in the first place when as the Op stated, there are states with less monthly allocations that have manage their resources and are not indebted to their citizens salary-wise. If some governors chose to be irresponsible with state resources then it is even more irresponsible of the FG to give them the opportunity to do same again with its own resources without finding out and plugging loopholes through which the initial irresponsibility was perpetrated! No bank gives loans without investigating the viability of the project for which the loan is to be granted unless they have some unwholesome profit to earn from the proceeds of such loan.
Well said and fair points raised. I didn't want to quote you whole comment to avoid wasting space.

There may be some justifiable reasons why some states have financial problems. First and foremost, it is obvious that there is cash constrain across board due to falling oil prices. There is also the fact that some states get 10% of what some other states receive as monthly allocation. Some states also have a more viable business environment where they can generate huge IGR. Of course, there is also the issue of financial mismanagement and recklessness by some state government.

Mind you the bailout was three-pronged. NLNG funds sharing, restructuring of existing loans to lower interest and higher tenor, and the CBN loans. To what extent do we expect the president to micromanage the economy. Should he also personally police CBN, EFCC, ICPC to make sure they are doing their jobs.

All the states submitted their request to the CBN, and they were reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis. Some states have taken the money and used it for the purpose it was intended while some are dilly-dallying. These governors have immunity, so there is little you can do to control them. They are local Emperors.

Maybe the president should have allowed states to carry their own cross. But, unfortunately it is the local citizens that will suffer and not the bloody administrators. Mind you, we are not even debating how those salary/pension arrears piled up even when we had unprecedented high oil prices.

Nigeria is our country and not the president's country. Why don't we call the governors to order. We have State Assemblies, NLC, CSOs, etc.
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by Bevista: 2:04pm On Sep 16, 2015
kenny987:
The 'good intentions' of the President amount to putting the cart before the horse! It is throwing good money after bad and that is the worst thing any sane person should do! There should have been thorough investigation to determine why the debts accrued in the first place when as the Op stated, there are states with less monthly allocations that have manage their resources and are not indebted to their citizens salary-wise. If some governors chose to be irresponsible with state resources then it is even more irresponsible of the FG to give them the opportunity to do same again with its own resources without finding out and plugging loopholes through which the initial irresponsibility was perpetrated! No bank gives loans without investigating the viability of the project for which the loan is to be granted unless they have some unwholesome profit to earn from the proceeds of such loan.
Well said and fair points raised. I didn't want to quote you whole comment to avoid wasting space.

There may be some justifiable reasons why some states have financial problems. First and foremost, it is obvious that there is cash constrain across board due to falling oil prices. There is also the fact that some states get 10% of what some other states receive as monthly allocation. Some states also have a more viable business environment where they can generate huge IGR. Of course, there is also the issue of financial mismanagement and recklessness by some state government.

Mind you the bailout was three-pronged. NLNG funds sharing, restructuring of existing loans to lower interest and higher tenor, and the CBN loans. To what extent do we expect the president to micromanage the economy. Should he also personally police CBN, EFCC, ICPC to make sure they are doing their jobs.

All the states submitted their request to the CBN, and they were reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis. Some states have taken the money and used it for the purpose it was intended while some are dilly-dallying. These governors have immunity, so there is little you can do to control them. They are local Emperors.

Maybe the president should have allowed states to carry their own cross. But, unfortunately it is the local citizens that will suffer and not the bloody administrators. Mind you, we are not even debating how those salary/pension arrears piled up even when we had unprecedented high oil prices.

Nigeria is our country and not the president's country. Why don't we call the governors to order. We have State Assemblies, NLC, CSOs, etc. Yes, as Amaechi said, maybe we should start stoning them, and not just wait for the president.
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by kenny987(f): 2:09pm On Sep 16, 2015
Candyrain:
I'm alright dear. The way you write epistle ontop people head, hia! Na die for them ooo grin

We have a biology assignment we need to do asap, the date of submission is near grin and at least our joint is better than grandma's backyard. No fear of pepper being poured on us grin

Point of correction! It is the pestle we fear and not pepper. Ngwanu, mee osiso ga mebe practical...time is of essence. For grandma's backyard, we walk before we run...lol grin
Rose2014! e kwena ka Dee Candy buru gi uzo ruo na joint! Kwado be kwa ezigbo nni unu ga eri maka na practical a diro ofele!
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by oloyede252(m): 2:18pm On Sep 16, 2015
kenny987:

No, I am not Sister Rose but I will call u out when u attempt to be silly as u have just done. If standing up for a sister is being a tribal bigot then I am one! I am sure if I had quoted u and bashed her or said something like 'Don't mind her', u wouldn't have asked me if I was Sister Rose! Silly!
silly is when you interfere in a matter you are not called to.are you sister rose?no,are you a tribal bigot?no
so what you headache with me,or calling out a tribal lord is now a crime,since your sister is a tribal warrior there are chances that you are too so stop all this drama Mrs tribal lord sympathizer.
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by Candyrain(m): 2:19pm On Sep 16, 2015
kenny987:

Point of correction! It is the pestle we fear and not pepper. Ngwanu, mee osiso ga mebe practical...time is of essence. For grandma's backyard, we walk before we run...lol grin
Rose2014! e kwena ka Dee Candy buru gi uzo ruo na joint! Kwado be kwa ezigbo nni unu ga eri maka na practical a diro ofele!

Hahahahahahahah... grin grin grin Rose love pls don't keep me waiting

I think you are right, the pestle can be more dangerous than the pepper but I want to assure you are your nwanne will be brought back to you in one piece as our joint will be free from the threat of both p & p (pepper & pestle) grin
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by stanech: 2:30pm On Sep 16, 2015
One big question

What then happens to kastina state governor? isn't he supposed to be prosecuted? Since apc claims they are fighting corruption while not use kastina gov as an example.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by Scholes007(m): 2:32pm On Sep 16, 2015
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by hinwazaka: 2:44pm On Sep 16, 2015
The supposed bailout package: which is actually a bribe to the governors and their Godfathers for support to his mandate will only end up spiking the already high inflation rate. The APC government, claims they will monitor the funds, but how effective has their surveillance system been, in respect to the AREGBESOLE fiasco. They should stop peddling lies and begin true Governance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by Rose2014: 2:55pm On Sep 16, 2015
kenny987:

@whynotthetruth
This is what will happen to u the day u attempt to make my sister angry. So much bekee on ur head that day cheesy

Love u sis. U have a fan in me cool
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by kenny987(f): 2:58pm On Sep 16, 2015
Candyrain:

Hahahahahahahah... grin grin grin Rose love pls don't keep me waiting

I think you are right, the pestle can be more dangerous than the pepper but I want to assure you are your nwanne will be brought back to you in one piece as our joint will be free from the threat of both p & p (pepper & pestle) grin

Of course she must return in one piece! If I hear say something miss! O ntinye k'iga na ru not nwepu! U are to add in every ramification and not subtract! wink grin lipsrsealed
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by kenny987(f): 2:59pm On Sep 16, 2015
Rose2014:

@whynotthetruth
This is what will happen to u the day u attempt to make my sister angry. So much bekee on ur head that day cheesy

Right back at u dear no mind that Oloyede wey dey find who him go insult.
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by kenny987(f): 3:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
oloyede252:

silly is when you interfere in a matter you are not called to.are you sister rose?no,are you a tribal bigot?no
so what you headache with me,or calling out a tribal lord is now a crime,since your sister is a tribal warrior there are chances that you are too so stop all this drama Mrs tribal lord sympathizer.

I have told u, it is not ur business where she comments esp when same was not directed at u so ur attempt to put her down will not work. I stand for what is right, ur interpretation of same as a tribal sympathiser is no skin off my nose. That is your own rotten kettle of fish.
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by Candyrain(m): 3:06pm On Sep 16, 2015
Hahaha... You have no problem, I'm up to the task. You can ask her, I'm sure she'll testify to you of my "wonderous" deeds in all ramification. grin lipsrsealed

kenny987:

Of course she must return in one piece! If I hear say something miss! O ntinye k'iga na ru not nwepu! U are to add in every ramification and not subtract! wink grin lipsrsealed
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by AZeD1(m): 3:07pm On Sep 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

A proactive and responsible government should have before dispensing the funds asked some questions like;

1)Isn't there the risk of some governors especially those who mismanaged their allocations in the past during oil price peak repeating same with this bailout?
The answer to this can be found in the schrodinger's cat puzzle
Whynotthetruth:

2)Didn't the president deem it fit to set up a committee to actually find out the exact state of finance in some of these states, to know if there are other causes outside
reduced allocation for these salary arrears accumulation?

The states are autonomous units and the FG has no power to ask the states for an account of their finances. Although he could blackmail them into showing it, but you'd be the first to scream Buhari is a dictator if he had done that. You need to understand what democracy entails.

Whynotthetruth:

3)Didn't the President feel it was important to know why states like Anambra are not indebted while others with similar fortune are? Because it is a pointer that something is definitely wrong with some indebted states outside the general crises of reduced allocation...

No, its not his business. States are free to manage their resources how they like. Does your employer ask you how you spend your money?
Whynotthetruth:

4)What is the possibility of dispensing bailout directly to beneficiaries account to avoid hoarding or diversion by state governors?
Seriously? How exactly is he supposed to do that?

Whynotthetruth:

5)Aren't president encouraging corruption by not doing diligent and painstaking analysis of issues before pouring more water into a basket to hold?
How?

Whynotthetruth:

6)Can some of these governors be trusted with loans that may keep their states indebted for the next 20years? Such that a baby born into such states today already has a future encumbered with debts[/b]
Nothing Buhari can do about that. Or should he stop the allocations of governors that can't be trusted.
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by kenny987(f): 3:08pm On Sep 16, 2015
Candyrain:
Hahaha... You have no problem, I'm up to the task. You can ask her, I'm sure she'll testify to you of my "wonderous" deeds in all ramification. grin lipsrsealed

Ha! Ezigbo nwoke mara mma! Nara aka ise biko!
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by Candyrain(m): 3:10pm On Sep 16, 2015
What about me na swthrt? What do I have in you again? I want you to tell them grin

Rose2014:

Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by oloyede252(m): 3:10pm On Sep 16, 2015
kenny987:

I have told u, it is not ur business where she comments esp when same was not directed at u so ur attempt to put her down will not work. I stand for what is right, ur interpretation of same as a tribal sympathiser is no skin off my nose. That is your own rotten kettle of fish.
lols what is right in being a tribal lord what is right in promoting hate. abi right has another definition I don't know?
also please I'm tired of your amebo,,are sister rose?tribal bigot?no .so Bleep off my mention and tell sister rose that hate is evil.
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by Candyrain(m): 3:16pm On Sep 16, 2015
grin I manu onye nbu na, dulling adiro my lexicon.
kenny987:

Ha! Ezigbo nwoke mara mma! Nara aka ise biko!
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by kenny987(f): 3:22pm On Sep 16, 2015
oloyede252:

lols what is right in being a tribal lord what is right in promoting hate. abi right has another definition I don't know?
also please I'm tired of your amebo,,are sister rose?tribal bigot?no .so Bleep off my mention and tell sister rose that hate is evil.

Because she exposes ur people that are too ashamed to stick to their tribes and rather claim other places of origin to cause dissension she is now hating abi? U are the one that is filled with hate. Being a brother or sister's keeper is not promoting hate. It is the right thing to do especially when said sister did u no wrong but u rather chose to be silly and promote hate by trying to dictate whether she can contribute to the Nigerian discourse or not!
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by kenny987(f): 3:24pm On Sep 16, 2015
Candyrain:
What about me na swthrt? What do I have in you again? I want you to tell them grin

Dee Candy! Were ya nwayo ebea biko! Which one is what u have in her again? Anyway I will forgive u cos it is a matter of ntinye and not nwepu! cheesy cheesy grin
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by Candyrain(m): 3:36pm On Sep 16, 2015
Lol... In fact at this rate I no longer understand what you are talking about anymore lol... grin We are children of Heaven and we don't do ntinye. If I lie let me have my bath nakk.ed lipsrsealed

kenny987:

Dee Candy! Were ya nwayo ebea biko! Which one is what u have in her again? Anyway I will forgive u cos it is a matter of ntinye and not nwepu! cheesy cheesy grin
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by oloyede252(m): 3:36pm On Sep 16, 2015
kenny987:

Because she exposes ur people that are too ashamed to stick to their tribes and rather claim other places of origin to cause dissension she is now hating abi? U are the one that is filled with hate. Being a brother or sister's keeper is not promoting hate. It is the right thing to do especially when said sister did u no wrong but u rather chose to be silly and promote hate by trying to dictate whether she can contribute to the Nigerian discourse or not!
you see your life she have the time to expose my people,she no get job,Im tired of your nonsense so Bleep off Mrs amebo.
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by kenny987(f): 3:44pm On Sep 16, 2015
Candyrain:
Lol... In fact at this rate I no longer understand what you are talking about anymore lol... grin We are children of Heaven and we don't do ntinye. If I lie let me have my bath nakk.ed lipsrsealed

Ah! No wonder my sugar Whynotthetruth is always clashing with u! U can dodge matter! Lol...u must bathe nekkid o! Maka na nka bu nnukwu asi!
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by Rose2014: 3:45pm On Sep 16, 2015
Candyrain:

Sweetheart we know how we solve our issues na.wink wink
Kenny n whynotthetruth will have to pay to get our recipe cool
Re: The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. by kenny987(f): 3:45pm On Sep 16, 2015
oloyede252:

you see your life she have the time to expose my people,she no get job,Im tired of your nonsense so Bleep off Mrs amebo.

Yes o! She has time! She's versatile that way so sum of u can learn to be truthful! Just talk abt her again so I can address ur matter squarely! Mr Empty aka Shameless !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meaning Of Acting President VS Coordinating President / IPOB: Igbo Youths Threaten To Shut Down Southeast / Governor Emmanuel Udom Renames Akpabio Stadium Intl As Akwa Ibom Stadium Intl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.