Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital (54269 Views)

​Governor Ugwuanyi Visits Bigard Memorial Seminary, Enugu / 25,000 Pro-buhari Youth Rally Shuts Down Anambra / El-Rufai Visits Man Attacked In Kaduna By Muslim Youths For Not Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by Nnaji36(m): 10:37pm On Sep 16, 2015
lorRhyMeZ:

So for airing my opinion,am now a foolish person Well on a later day,I will give u a befitting insult. On d issue at hand,as d governor of a state,he has all right to declare whatever he deems fit for his state,so far he has d backing of his council n state assembly...if it had been that he permanently sealed the place,ur types wud b justified to yan all dis dust ur yaning...but he temporarily sealed the churches pending the decision of the supreme court..meaning once the supreme court reaches a verdict,d churches wud b re opened...simple
And honestly,if u can't quote me without insulting me,pls don't bother replying .
I hear you oga verdict. So you are trying to tell me now that it is justifiable to temporary close down the house of God were people go for daily and weekly services for their creator pending when the court gives their verdict. Ok, have you heard of when a mosque was temporary closed down pending when the court gives their verdict. Please call a spade a spade, his action is no were justifiable.
As for my harsh comment on you, I apologize. Honestly, I'm moved by your humble response.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 16, 2015
It is a very good move by the Kaduna state government, we cant have 'Christian' terrorists disturbing the peace of Kaduna state over a small piece of real estate
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by djcliff(m): 11:27pm On Sep 16, 2015
the zoo is becoming islamized but not withstanding biafra is a checkmate. God bless biafra and the zoo
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by Nobody: 12:38am On Sep 17, 2015
Pidggin:
The North is fast becoming islamized

And this is a recent development? It wasn't islamized since before 1914?
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by ShammahBarnabas(m): 1:46am On Sep 17, 2015
eleojo23:
The reason for shutting down the churches is not good enough because there has been no record of any fight among Christians that has threatened the peace of the state before now.
Or does he think that the Christians are like some of his (muslim) brothers who cause crisis at any slight opportunity?

We all know the people who have continued to disturb the peace of the entire northern region and it is not Christians. Rather, it is individuals who belong to the 'religion of peace'.

Hence this move against the christian bodies is totally unacceptable.
Do you even know where Saminaka is?
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by Billygee2u: 4:42am On Sep 17, 2015
the northern Christians that betrayed GEJ and supported Buhari,you will all live to regret your actions,
meanwhile,reap what you sow
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by cuteboy2: 7:35am On Sep 17, 2015
obstead200:
how many times have u seen imams quarrel like u see in churches? Let us be realistic abeg.
This is part of the reason why I become weary of going to church at times. The hypocrisy, selfishness and double standards is appalling

Are you listening to yourself? So if you belong to any organisation, and the leadership have disagreements you will immediately stop associating with or being a member of that organisation abi?

If you work for a company, and at any time the directors disagree you will immediately resign abi?

If commissioners or house of assembly members disagree or quarrel with your state governor you will relocate to another state abi?

Any time you quarrel with your wife, all your children should pack their loads and relocate to your neighbours house abi? Or better still, your state governor should come and dissolve your marriage even if the matter is in court, abi?

No sir, I definitely I agree with you, Imams and Alfas have never quarrelled before because they are aliens from outer space, not human beings

The level of reasoning of some Nigerians is so shallow you feel like shedding tears for them. Mtcheeew

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 17, 2015
[quote author=Elevation post=38083355][/quote] with time I will get along don't worry
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by cuteboy2: 8:10am On Sep 17, 2015
lorRhyMeZ:

Bottomline is the churches wud b sealed either way..with court order or not..but d thing is,people wud definitely still complain like they are doing....abeg I dey arsenal game,no time for argument. Later things.

Don't defend the indefensible.

No court in Nigeria has ever given a ruling that schools and hospitals owned by an organisation where the leaders have issues should be closed down and the patients and pupils should be distributed to other hospitals and schools if they choose to exercise that option.

What usually happens is that the judge issues an order binding the litigants to maintain the status quo. The state security council is not wiser and definitely not superior to the supreme Court. In any case, is the governor not preempting the Supreme Court?

What the midget governor has done is to effectively rob the noses of the revered Supreme Court judges in the dust. It is a very dangerous precedent. I expect The learned JSCs to issue an order asking the governor to remove his leprous fingers from a matter that has been properly brought before them.
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by lorRhyMeZ: 8:47am On Sep 17, 2015
cuteboy2:

No court in Nigeria has ever given a ruling that schools and hospitals owned by an organisation where the leaders have issues should be closed down and the patients and pupils should be distributed to other hospitals and schools if they choose to exercise that option.

What usually happens is that the judge issues an order binding the litigants to maintain the status quo. The state security council is not wiser and definitely not superior to the supreme Court. In any case, is the governor not preempting the Supreme Court?

What the midget governor has done is to effectively rob the noses of the revered Supreme Court judges in the dust. It is a very dangerous precedent. I expect The learned JSCs to issue an order asking the governor to remove his leprous fingers from a matter that has been properly brought before them.

K.
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by lorRhyMeZ: 8:56am On Sep 17, 2015
Nnaji36:
I hear you oga verdict. So you are trying to tell me now that it is justifiable to temporary close down the house of God were people go for daily and weekly services for their creator pending when the court gives their verdict. Ok, have you heard of when a mosque was temporary closed down pending when the court gives their verdict. Please call a spade a spade, his action is no were justifiable.
As for my harsh comment on you, I apologize. Honestly, I'm moved by your humble response.

If the said house of God wants to constitute a conduit for the break down of law and order,it shud b closed down! Same thing happened in imo state where members were factionalised between 2 reverends,only that it was after they turned to blows before said church closed temporarily,it also happened in lagos this year, the church was closed.
Same thing applies to mosques
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by obstead200(m): 9:31am On Sep 17, 2015
cuteboy2:

Are you listening to yourself? So if you belong to any organisation, and the leadership have disagreements you will immediately stop associating with or being a member of that organisation abi?

If you work for a company, and at any time the directors disagree you will immediately resign abi?

If commissioners or house of assembly members disagree or quarrel with your state governor you will relocate to another state abi?

Any time you quarrel with your wife, all your children should pack their loads and relocate to your neighbours house abi? Or better still, your state governor should come and dissolve your marriage even if the matter is in court, abi?

No sir, I definitely I agree with you, Imams and Alfas have never quarrelled before because they are aliens from outer space, not human beings

The level of reasoning of some Nigerians is so shallow you feel like shedding tears for them. Mtcheeew
we are making comparisons here.
if u read me properly, I compared the quarrel in mosques to the quarrels in churches. the latter always degenerates to a full scale public show of shame that disgraces christianity. the former is always managed inhouse and rarely makes it to the public domain not to mention becoming a court case. If u read me properly, then u wont be swinging ur arguement in this direction.
everybody quarrels. but the ability to resolve it quickly and amicably without turning it into a civil war is what counts.
do u want me to list great churches in Nigeria whose internal squabbles are presently subjects of court litigations, blackmails and sometimes even murder?
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by obstead200(m): 9:34am On Sep 17, 2015
cuteboy2:

U may be correct. but as someone pointed out earlier, El-Rufai is probably playing out a script. but the script is definitely handed to him by a Christian.
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by chernest2002: 10:06am On Sep 17, 2015
wasco24:
Most foo.ls for these NL will never read before they show how useless their life is

Did el urfai shunt the Church because he hate Christian or because they are fighting for the leadership of the Church?

This country will remain backward till we put religion where it belong.

Just name any developed country where the so called men of God/MALLAM has major impact toward their development
it is not the duty of the governor to close the church.
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by chernest2002: 10:10am On Sep 17, 2015
The apc agenda is total islamisation of Nigeria but that will be after biafra independent.
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by newspapers: 7:42am On Sep 18, 2015
SeverusSnape:
El-ruffian the religious bigot.

El-ruffian the twitter warrior and loud mouthed midget.

B00HARI is doing his own at the federal level, Hell-rufai is doing his at the State level. They should continue.

Islamic Republic of Nigerianistan loading...

I have no issues with the excuse he gave according to the Cabals ( http://www.newscabal.com/2015/09/17/el-rufai-shuts-down-agc-churches-and-hospitals-in-kaduna/ ) but i dont think its really advisable for any governor to delve into religious institutions and close down churches, hospitals and schools belonging to a particular set of faith. It raises an eyebrow
Re: El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital by unclejb2(m): 8:01am On Sep 18, 2015
I like this Islamic juu man called El-Rufai but his religious extremism I cannot accept. He has no biz interfering with Church issues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Pays Amaechi A Visit (Photos) / Rivers Police Confirm Arrest Of Chinyere Igwe For Vote-Buying (Photos) / Elderly Man Lies On The Floor To Greet Yahaya Bello's Chief Of Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.