Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,197 members, 7,822,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Fayose Inaugurates Committee On Ekiti Airport Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Inaugurates Committee On Ekiti Airport Project (2365 Views)

Dogara Inaugurates Committee To End Economic Recession In Nigeria(pics) / Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People / Senate Committee On Ethics Aborts Amaechi’s Screening - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Inaugurates Committee On Ekiti Airport Project by ochejoseph(m): 9:38pm On Sep 16, 2015
‎The Ekiti State government has set up a five-man committee to see to the take-off of the proposed Ado-Ekiti Airport project within the next few weeks.
The constitution of the committee followed a meeting held by the state governor, Mr Ayo Fayose, with stakeholders involved in the project at the Governor’s Office, Ado-Ekiti.
In a statement on Wednesday, by the governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Idowu Adelusi, the committee would start with the marking out of the 2,000 hectares out of the 6,000 hectares of land set apart for the project.
The committee has as chairman, Mr Kayode Osho, who is the Commissioner for Works.
Governor Fayose, while speaking during the meeting, said the state government might start with the construction of a standard airstrip and that it could be improved upon in the future.
The governor said with the prevailing financial constraint the state is experiencing, it would be foolhardy to embark on any grandiose project.
 ‎

“For every project there must be the political will to make it work. No matter how small an airport is, as long as it meets aviation standards it is welcome. Even if it is an airstrip, we need it.
“We believe in little beginning even though we don’t have the resources now. We are willing and I believe with God all things are possible. The airport must start and we need a standard airstrip that can be improved on in the future,” he said.
Fayose said a fund raising dinner for the project would be held later in Lagos.
Also speaking, renowned lawyer, Chief Afe Babalola (SAN), said he mooted the idea for the state to have an airport in 2009.
“I thank Governor Ayodele Fayose for revisiting this issue. It was in 2009 that I mooted the idea and Federal Government approved Bayelsa, Delta and Ekiti airports and voted money for them. All we were expected to do was to look for appropriate place and key into the matter.”‎

www.tribuneonlineng.com/node/17153

Re: Fayose Inaugurates Committee On Ekiti Airport Project by adedayourt(m): 9:38pm On Sep 16, 2015
y
Re: Fayose Inaugurates Committee On Ekiti Airport Project by warrior01: 9:41pm On Sep 16, 2015
Even if na ordinary airstrip, God go do am. This man has the enterprising spirit of an Igbo man. Keep it up
Re: Fayose Inaugurates Committee On Ekiti Airport Project by dunsman(f): 9:44pm On Sep 16, 2015
And some wankers will keep saying rubbish. Mtchewwww. Meanwhile mtn 8gb imei uploaded at www.avottech..com

1 Like

Re: Fayose Inaugurates Committee On Ekiti Airport Project by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:46pm On Sep 16, 2015
"the man whose political wisdom surpasses the late awolowo, I don't think its a move project for now, it was part of the thing that destroyed osun state". Quote me anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Inaugurates Committee On Ekiti Airport Project by ademega(m): 10:00pm On Sep 16, 2015
this man has been looking for how to embezzle his own national cake and financially he has found a very good Avenue.
keep it up some people's role model
pls pay ekiti workers before u start your chop make u chop regime

1 Like

Re: Fayose Inaugurates Committee On Ekiti Airport Project by oduastates: 3:56am On Sep 17, 2015
Airport in ekiti?
I am laughing.
Where are they flying to ?

1 Like

Re: Fayose Inaugurates Committee On Ekiti Airport Project by modath(f): 4:09am On Sep 17, 2015
oduastates:
Airport in ekiti?
I am laughing.
Where are they flying to ?

The Moon of course cool

The whole of Ekiti that 2-3hrs of car ride will take you around abi??

Shebi he has bailout funds, Ekiti will hear am!

Aregbesola is deeply regretting Osun's own!!!

OZAOEKPE:
I don't think its a move project for now, it was part of the thing that destroyed osun state". Quote me anywhere.

Make una advise una man. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Inaugurates Committee On Ekiti Airport Project by GenbIoodykiller: 5:08am On Sep 17, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"the man whose political wisdom surpasses the late awolowo, I don't think its a move project for now, it was part of the thing that destroyed osun state". Quote me anywhere.

Ekiti yerobas are always different from a typical osun / ibadan bigot yeroba

don't quote me anywhere grin

(1) (Reply)

Had It Been It Was Goodluck Jonathan That Promised The #5000? / No Difference Between Buhari And Eustace In Courage The Cowardly Dog! / North Panics Over Buhari’s Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.