Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,430 members, 7,812,277 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

New National Drivers Licence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New National Drivers Licence (1208 Views)

FG To Merge BVN, Driver’s Licence, National Identity Card / Photos of Peace Corps New National Headquarters In Abuja / Who Is Maj.-gen. Babagana Monguno (rtd.) – The New National Security Adviser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New National Drivers Licence by whyteboyz03(m): 10:58am On Sep 17, 2015
Hello House..... I've been having an issue with this new drivers license and I finally tried to make it known yesterday.

I registered and paid in the bank since march 2014 and wasn't able to take the picture and get the temporary till may 2015. The temporary was given for 60 days and I was duly informed that I will get the original at the expiration. On the day of expiry , I went back to the RIRS office and I was told that a text message will be sent to my number when the original is ready. Its September and no message yet.

Now my issue is why was the old one scrapped when the federal government know that they can't or it will be hard for them to achieve this new one.

2. Why is the so called illiterates that didn't undergo any training in the Nigerian police Force attempting to arrest people with the expired temporary license when it isn't the fault of the holder ?

3. What is the government and RIRS doing about the delay?

The country is so corrupt that they start new things just to embezzle money and leave the citizens suffering for it .

A so called mopol man attempted arresting me yesterday for this and I simply told him that I'd go anywhere he wants to take me to and face any high ranking officer and even go to court and let it be on the news before I'd back out of what he's trying to start. He claims d police knows nothing about the delays . Am I the one to inform them ?

I say now, let Nigerian government start taking things seriously and also look into reforms that aren't effective ....also the rubbish Nigerian police force.
Re: New National Drivers Licence by wave1(m): 11:20am On Sep 17, 2015
Re: New National Drivers Licence by baralatie(m): 11:22am On Sep 17, 2015
I think you should check your initial registration!
Re: New National Drivers Licence by IamRespected: 11:29am On Sep 17, 2015
Bro the new one is even much better than the previous one
Re: New National Drivers Licence by whyteboyz03(m): 11:31am On Sep 17, 2015
I have checked and its valid ...... Its like not getting ur national id card. Till now I've not seen mine. Had to register again and still not received. Such things don't work in Nigeria.

It was a man from RIRS that had to settle the issue yesterday telling the zoo police that its their fault and they have been thinking about informing the police . imagine, *thinking o *

1 Like

Re: New National Drivers Licence by DaBullIT(m): 11:54am On Sep 17, 2015
Check the process

I registered for renewal
paid online
brought the printout for biometric scan / passport
initially they formed akpako masters
but when i showed one of them ICPC logo on my vehicle ,
their sense came to normal
I had my picture taken within the hour
I have since gotten message that the original is ready
but i am yet to collect it

Also , Your temporary DL lasts for 2 months In as much as you have the TDL,no one should insult, assault or arrest you

If anyone does, note the name of said officer and report to servicom or ICPC

1 Like

Re: New National Drivers Licence by whyteboyz03(m): 12:52pm On Sep 17, 2015
@dabuillt .... U too much.
Re: New National Drivers Licence by franchizy(m): 1:07pm On Sep 17, 2015
Go back to them and they will stamp and sign the expired temporary one and extend it to a further date.
They did same for mine which I used until I got the original.
Re: New National Drivers Licence by whyteboyz03(m): 1:35pm On Sep 17, 2015
@ftanchizy, I'd do that.
Re: New National Drivers Licence by whyteboyz03(m): 1:38pm On Sep 17, 2015
Now guys the question is still unanswered .

1. Who is to be held responsible ?
2. Is Nigeria ripe for E-registration ( e.g. voting, licenses , identity cards, ATM, biometric verification number ?
3. Why it doesn't work ?

(1) (Reply)

See The Faces Of Commissioners Sworn In By Ambode Today(photos) / Wonder 8 Trillion Naira Ghost Plan ... Another Planwell Watershed??? / Mike Ozekhome( SAN)Live On Channelstv Sunrise Daily On The Taraba Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.