Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar (35071 Views)

Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets / The Number Of Private Jets Bishop Oyedepo Actually Owns - Leke Beecroft / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by demiawise(m): 4:48pm On Sep 17, 2015
Rubish
op be carecareful of what you are pasting because pst chris dos not have PJ. He gky lije you and me. Thats if u have ever seen a plan b4 not to talk of entry. Stop writing wrong information about men of God.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by yorke1: 4:49pm On Sep 17, 2015
entparrot:
I was born Christian, I only go to ceremoniously, as far as I'm concern, the bible is a fraud. Christianity is the biggest fraud, well plan and structure.

Are you for real?
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by lanog: 4:56pm On Sep 17, 2015
GlorifiedTunde:
Pele Joseph Edgar grin grin grin cheesy

If I add to the two thousand naira will it calm your nerves? grin grin

Go and work and make money, when you're in millions don't give to any Church.

CHIKENA!!!

HAVE YOU EVER STOPPED TO THINK THAT MAY BE THE REASON YOU HAVE ONLY #2000 LEFT IS BECAUSE YOU DON'T PAY YOUR TITHES
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by ndigbo: 4:58pm On Sep 17, 2015
GlorifiedTunde:

My dear, Tithe is God's money. He says you have robbed him if you don't bring it to His house... Malachi 3

However other givings are encouraged :

Offering
Parents
The Poor
Missionaries
And your Pastor ( if you believe you're blessed by his teachings or ministry)

No man is supposed to own God's tithe, not even the pastor - God will judge him seriously!

Tithe is 10% that you pay to God for protecting you, your family, finances and other things around you from the hand of the devourer.

I'll challenge you to it, those who pay tithes hardly spend on I'll health and accidents or mishaps. That is why they end up using their monies well than non tithers. This is what I have experienced in life.

Any month you don't pay tithe, your savings is hardly preserved

while the ones that don't pay always spend finances on hospital bills shey SHM
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by akinszz: 4:58pm On Sep 17, 2015
How did Jesus tell you to pay tithe? I need to see the chapter and the verses.
harsysky:
I don't pay tithes because of my pastor; I pay because Christ has directed I should. Whether the pastor becomes a billionaire and isn't helping anyone, that his own cup of tea. He alone awaits his judgement ,and I'm not meant to judge him. Op, you're entitled to ur own opinions; you will corrupt people's mind with ur epistle. But the wise know the miraculous things paying tithe has done for them.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by harsysky(m): 5:07pm On Sep 17, 2015
akinszz:
How did Jesus tell you to pay tithe? I need to see the chapter and the verses.
if it had been in existence, who did stop it? Matthew 23 vs 23 ---  “How terrible for you, teachers of the Law and Pharisees! You hypocrites! You give to God one tenth even of the seasoning herbs, such as mint, dill, and cumin, but you neglect to obey the really important teachings of the Law, such as justice and mercy and honesty. These you should practice, without neglecting the others.

Christ did not tell them to stop paying tithe, did he?
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by davidque007(m): 5:09pm On Sep 17, 2015
It a shame that you had to waste your time and eloquent speech on an issue you are clearly ignorant about. I won't bother trying to disprove u with my own facts, biblical knowledge. Priviledged inside knowledge of the church, 'cos it would be a waste of time. I read tru your post and tot u'Thu, Sep 17, 2015 give a balance view of how things really are. You didn't 'cos you are clearly myopic and mildly ignorant of salient facts about the subject matter. However, you need to realise that church doctrines aren't thing u just do 'cos your pastor said so, do you realise that you are "supposed" to hv Gods spirit living in you? His presence isn't for show,but to lead you into ALL TRUTH. All you talked about was how you saw things and not how they really are. There is a truth to bible doctrine and the way the body of christ should be run. How many times have you prayed to God to give you the truth about issues and what you think you know about these pastors. Mostlikely zero time, ' cos u'l hv mentioned iit in your long epistle.
I give you an example. Bishop oyedepo who every1 seems to like attacking is someone I have known all my life. Obviously I don't follow the public's view of him cos I have known him for over 30years, he has been exactly the same day in day out. He has always declared Gods word bodly with no fear and in faith. I have seen it come to life before all our eyes. He was someone who supported my family day in day out both personally and through the church welfare programme. Till tomorrow he is still actively supporting families privately and not b4 the public's eye. The church also has a robust schorlarship system, welfare and support for the poor. My elder brother went tru school with the church's scholarship. I didn't 'cos I had shell scholarship. Times without number bishop would send financial aid. He once bought four tyres for my mum's car 'cos it was worn out and no money to replace it. He was walking past our car when his eye caught a glimpse of the tyres and immediately he gave my mum money on the spot to buy new tyres. Till tomorrow the church has a good system that supports widows.
I have known these men that the OP mentioned and I'm priviledged to have a better info on them. I hv seen them live out the doctrines they preach and I have been taught to question all doctrine and hold on to what is tru as the Holy spirit enlightens me.
You should stop speaking balderdash and let the spirit of God lead you to the truth. I obviously don't share your point of view cos its wrong and short sighted.

1 Like

Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by DjAduba(m): 5:14pm On Sep 17, 2015
Brother i have a question pls: 1. Did Jesus fly on a jet during his time? Yes or No. If yes support ur claim with the details necessary pls..
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by RBeeJay: 5:23pm On Sep 17, 2015
Hnm! Truth is very bitter.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by ndigbo: 5:32pm On Sep 17, 2015
harsysky:

if it had been in existence, who did stop it? Matthew 23 vs 23 ---  “How terrible for you, teachers of the Law and Pharisees! You hypocrites! You give to God one tenth even of the seasoning herbs, such as mint, dill, and cumin, but you neglect to obey the really important teachings of the Law, such as justice and mercy and honesty. These you should practice, without neglecting the others.

He was more into the highlighted, which is the pivot of church.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by donjj2004: 5:42pm On Sep 17, 2015
But these men started planning their future before now? Please allow them to Enjoy their rewards via their sacrifices.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by akinszz: 5:57pm On Sep 17, 2015
Did he emphasize on tithe specifically? It is easy to quote bible to suit your claim. Thats what pastors do.
harsysky:

Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by harsysky(m): 5:59pm On Sep 17, 2015
ndigbo:

He was more into the highlighted, which is the pivot of church.
What is ur advice concerning tithe?
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by cagunwa(m): 5:59pm On Sep 17, 2015
Guy or gal, go hug transformer. Where you dey wey them be nothing? Now wey God don't dey bless them na him you dey make noise. You no get work. Dey there dey calculate another man wealth, make you no go get your own. Sure!
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by harsysky(m): 6:02pm On Sep 17, 2015
akinszz:
Did he emphasize on tithe specifically? It is easy to quote bible to suit your claim. Thats what pastors do.

You're right ; it is easy to quote the bible to suit one no doubt, so what's ur advice on tithe paying?
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by braintext(m): 6:15pm On Sep 17, 2015
malonephill:
lazy NLer

The write up make brain shocked

[size=18pt]I ain't got such time [/size]

1 Like

Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by akinszz: 6:17pm On Sep 17, 2015
Offering is ok... U can give whatever at your own convenience.
harsysky:

You're right ; it is easy to quote the bible to suit one no doubt, so what's ur advice on tithe paying?
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by christemmbassey(m): 6:21pm On Sep 17, 2015
harsysky:
I don't pay tithes because of my pastor; I pay because Christ has directed I should. Whether the pastor becomes a billionaire and isn't helping anyone, that his own cup of tea. He alone awaits his judgement ,and I'm not meant to judge him. Op, you're entitled to ur own opinions; you will corrupt people's mind with ur epistle. But the wise know the miraculous things paying tithe has done for them.
tithe in christianity is a big FRAUD
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by idupaul: 7:11pm On Sep 17, 2015
Rounakid:

Sir... Which one did u created? Like that of facebook... Resemblance??
Some ppl shaa... U can create a site like facebook and u are here wasting ur time advertising ur useless blog, while mark zugerberg is making billions of naira weekly... sad

Why dis thing pain U like this
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by erusen: 7:41pm On Sep 17, 2015
first these pastors are becoming too influencial ppl calling them dadddies or mommies in the lord worshiping their fellow men the church is boring .death and spiritually empty.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by Tinyemeka(m): 7:49pm On Sep 17, 2015
free2ryhme:
of what purpose is the private Jets

I'm trying to make a case for the jets' purchases but it's not holding much water.

They say it's for the propagation of the Gospel.
What happened to flying commercial? Because those private jets, would still land in the same airports as commercial flights. So what's wrong with flying commercial? It's simple. They now feel too big to fly commercial. Wouldn't want to mix up with the commoners.

Flight safety? If that man was truly a believer, he wouldn't harbour any fear about danger coming to himself.

They just milk their flock of tithes claiming it's for the Lord's vineyard but convert the funds to personal use. Hence the temptation and lack of conscience to begin to crave the trappings of this world. They have already bowed to mammon and succumbed to the 3rd temptation satan presented to Jesus after Christ's 40 days fasting in the wilderness. It's so unfortunate. The mass brain washing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by obiak4(m): 7:52pm On Sep 17, 2015
U want to know my take on this reaed my signature sikena
pastor-prenuer every well
Jesus weep
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by EARN: 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2015
Hmm...

Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by EARN: 7:58pm On Sep 17, 2015
[img][/img]

Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by Adesiji77: 8:04pm On Sep 17, 2015
Tinyemeka:

I'm trying to make a case for the jets' purchases but it's not holding much water.

They say it's for the propagation of the Gospel.
What happened to flying commercial? Because those private jets, would still land in the same airports as commercial flights. So what's wrong with flying commercial? It's simple. They now feel too big to fly commercial. Wouldn't want to mix up with the commoners.

Flight safety? If that man was truly a believer, he wouldn't harbour any fear about danger coming to himself.

They just milk their flock of tithes claiming it's for the Lord's vineyard but convert the funds to personal use. Hence the temptation and lack of conscience to begin to crave the trappings of this world. They have already bowed to mammon and succumbed to the 3rd temptation satan presented to Jesus after Christ's 40 days fasting in the wilderness. It's so unfortunate. The mass brain washing.

Gbam!
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by holiboy: 8:11pm On Sep 17, 2015
They don't force anyone to come to there church. And that of celestial church you better be careful.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by chacoonder(m): 8:39pm On Sep 17, 2015
sellydion:
why the hate man. If members are not tired of giving what is your own?

Na your money?
idiotic comment,nonsensical question...if your brain is too weak to decipher what the op has clearly written,move to the joke or games section.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by menxer: 8:40pm On Sep 17, 2015
hahahahahaha
OP, you really expect Nigerian church goers to read your post and reason with you? i doubt.

we, Christians, have been conditioned/indoctrinated not to reason "spiritual" matters dispassionately or logically even when the bible say we should (Isaiah 1:18).

Spiritual (God's) blessings have been monetized in our churches, and there is nothing we can do about it but ventilate on NL. grin

here is a similar thread on the issue:
https://www.nairaland.com/2445233/tithing-what-does-bible-really
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 17, 2015
BillDesmond2much:
.U should have backed up ur points with a bible verses to prove ur mental strength on the said matter, bt reading carefully through ur lines of complete nonsense makes me laugh at ur ignorance. Bt let me give u few verses that talks abt tithe, so u can check to no if the bible ask the pastor to share with those who gave tithes.
Matthew 6:1-4, Malachi 3:8-12, 2 Corinthians 9:7, Luke 16:10, Leviticus 27:30, Act20:35, Malachi 3:10, Mark 12:41-44, Proverb 11:24, Proverb 3:9, 2 Corinthians 9:6-7, Luke 6:38 & 16:10, Psalms 4:5, Malachi 3:8-12.
Besides most of this pastors pay tithes too to their spiritual fathers, a Christian must pay tithe to fulfill all the commandments of God, @OP stopping to pay ur tithe only kill ur spiritual growth. The OP is crying blood because he has failed to work hard, giving a man of God only 10% of ur monthly takes home isn't a big deal if u r earning big. I hate commenting on spiritual matters bt i choose to before u mislead other people... The jets they buy aid their transportation to places God commands them to

best reply i av ever read on dis forum. Am really moved
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by Tessybaby4(f): 8:52pm On Sep 17, 2015
harsysky:
[color=#006600][/color

I love this truth.

1 Like

Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by vooks: 9:05pm On Sep 17, 2015
BillDesmond2much:
.U should have backed up ur points with a bible verses to prove ur mental strength on the said matter, bt reading carefully through ur lines of complete nonsense makes me laugh at ur ignorance. Bt let me give u few verses that talks abt tithe, so u can check to no if the bible ask the pastor to share with those who gave tithes.
Matthew 6:1-4, Malachi 3:8-12, 2 Corinthians 9:7, Luke 16:10, Leviticus 27:30, Act20:35, Malachi 3:10, Mark 12:41-44, Proverb 11:24, Proverb 3:9, 2 Corinthians 9:6-7, Luke 6:38 & 16:10, Psalms 4:5, Malachi 3:8-12.
Besides most of this pastors pay tithes too to their spiritual fathers, a Christian must pay tithe to fulfill all the commandments of God, @OP stopping to pay ur tithe only kill ur spiritual growth. The OP is crying blood because he has failed to work hard, giving a man of God only 10% of ur monthly takes home isn't a big deal if u r earning big. I hate commenting on spiritual matters bt i choose to before u mislead other people... The jets they buy aid their transportation to places God commands them to
You are silly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Paul Adefarasin Directing Traffic On Lagos Island (Photos) / Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited / Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.