Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,074 members, 7,821,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar (35073 Views)

Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets / The Number Of Private Jets Bishop Oyedepo Actually Owns - Leke Beecroft / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by FOLLOWJESUS: 9:17pm On Sep 17, 2015
My dear brother I am in the same page with u.It is always good to say the truth no matter the way people may see it,the church of today has gone astray in all fronts,the church by it's opporations has become family businesses and money making institutions.what the churchs do with the doctrine of our LORD JESUS does not taly.One of the main asignment of the church is caring for the poor and the less privilaged that was exactly what the autodox missioneries from Roman catholic and others brought to africa and are still doing the same till today they never diviate.The so called penticoastals are doing the opposite exibiting stupenduse wealth and questionable luxury while the poor among them go hungry and sufer endlessly.When the missioneries from the autodox came to Africa they established schools and hospitals at a well subsedised rate to benefite the poor. The Africans embressed their religion and doctrine because of their caring attitude, for the penticoastals revase is the case. There is a warning in the book of 1Timothy 6:6-10 regards to the attitude of our men of GOD today, how many of them are heading to this worning,The penticoastals take from the poor to make the rich richer,they abandone the poor and aflicted,they are hypocates. I am also a pastor for 22years now in one of the leadind and most popular churtch in nigeria ,I can confidently tell you that this is not the foundation our LORD JESUS. Layed,the foundation has been corrupted and defiled by this men of God,Every body will account for his deeds that is my joy
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by menxer: 9:26pm On Sep 17, 2015
Bros look for this book "the lost book of Enki", if you google you will find a free pdf version, you will understand some things.
cheers

GlorifiedTunde:

My dear, Tithe is God's money. He says you have robbed him if you don't bring it to His house... Malachi 3

However other givings are encouraged :

Offering
Parents
The Poor
Missionaries
And your Pastor ( if you believe you're blessed by his teachings or ministry)

No man is supposed to own God's tithe, not even the pastor - God will judge him seriously!

Tithe is 10% that you pay to God for protecting you, your family, finances and other things around you from the hand of the devourer.

I'll challenge you to it, those who pay tithes hardly spend on I'll health and accidents or mishaps. That is why they end up using their monies well than non tithers. This is what I have experienced in life.

Any month you don't pay tithe, your savings is hardly preserved
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by Charlesberry(m): 9:45pm On Sep 17, 2015
Read this link, after doing so to the end, click on the part two and continue reading and you'll understand more on tithe. It's not compulsory to pay tithe but it should be willingly thing from you hear[url][/url]

http://www.bibleanswerstand.org/tithing1.htm
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by entparrot(f): 9:53pm On Sep 17, 2015
yorke1:

Are you for real?

Very real! Church can go to hel
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by mrtantalizers(m): 9:58pm On Sep 17, 2015
ronald4lif:
These fraudulent jet flying pastors should be taxed based on their annual earnings. Why should the tax man comes for the business man and leave out these ones? They are all business men and hustlers.
$ who tells u RCCG does not pay tax? Go and ask ogun state government.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by mrtantalizers(m): 10:02pm On Sep 17, 2015
free2ryhme:
of what purpose is the private Jets
google is ur friend
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by drstone1: 10:03pm On Sep 17, 2015
RBeeJay:
Hnm! Truth is very bitter.

Choose YOUR OWN Company .....MR I TOO KNOW. May you also reap the consequences of your choice and those who hold your kind of reasoning.
I have Chosen mine. I Pay my tithes and God has shown himself faithful.
As for succession plan for this ministries that is not supposed to be your own headache. God will sort out his issues and his Church.Devils have enough bile to spew out in attacking the churches and the messengers that pilot it. Why must you use your own pen to assist them. I do not think it is by mistake,...you only show who you are....A.Secret Wolf camouflaging as a genuine sheep.
Jesus says he who does not gather with me will attempt to scatter.!!
Since the church's growth, influence and power causes you such fear and trepidation...you are no different from Satan himself who cowers when he sees God's people multiply and are blessed. He did it to Job. Even Pontius Plate knew that the Jewish High priests delivered up Jesus because they were afraid of his growing influence.
They had men like you who incited the people and poisoned the minds of men in the courts of public opinion. Release barrabas a notorious criminal and malefactor.but ensure that you crucify Jesus.
They put out anyone who associated with Christ openly out of the synagogue as a first step and also banned any synagogue from opening their doors for Jesus to preach..in the finality they felt Jesus must be massacred for them to have their " peace".
Your type of comment is typical of the chief princes of hell in their deliberations of what to do to curb or curtail the rise of God's people. It is at such meetings they devise the most sinister and Brutal methods of suppression to attack the church, nay God s people. I won't be surprised you are a high ranking practitioner of devilry yourself despite your pretentious claims. You and your ilks,whether,human or fiends shall be broken in pieces despite your association. You clearly confirm to be the voice speaking their mind and intentions.
Jesus spoke to some of d stupidly angry Jews of his day who didn't understand him and hold your kind of limited opinion,,for which Good works shown to you do you intend to stone me?

These Jews were supposed to be the people of the God of Abraham and Moses. Yet the very one who came to them from this God was they one they were attempting to manhandle because they expect him to act in a certain way they expect.
Jesus called them " Brood of vipers" and Children of the devil...and the actions of their father (root) was what they were attempting to do. They Hate to see Truth triumph.

You Seems to think that the Salvation of souls and destinies of masses of people's across the dark continent of Africa held for centuries is a small matter and Cheap as you make it sound...Let God arise and Let All His enemies be shattered including those who aid them..let them melt like wax before fire. Let their root be shaken off the earth.
But let those who seek the Good of Jerusalem and favour the righteous cause of God's people shout for Joy.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by SmartMugu: 10:07pm On Sep 17, 2015
GlorifiedTunde:

HAVE YOU EVER STOPPED TO THINK THAT MAY BE THE REASON YOU HAVE ONLY #2000 LEFT IS BECAUSE YOU DON'T PAY YOUR TITHES
Not sure, but must everyone pay their tithes to pastors that are already rich? What's wrong with giving it to the needy as OP mentioned?

I think these whole tithe thing is really being bastardized.

A pastor in Nigeria once told me I owed his church tithes for the past three months, I told him I already paid my tithes at my church here in the US. He got upset, saying I needed to send all my tithes directly to his church in Nigeria through western union. I stopped talking to him from that day. I've never heard of that before, neither have I ever met him in person before.

If everyone is hustled like that by pastors, do you know how rich the people would be at the expense of others.

God forgive me if it's wrong, but I'd rather give my tithes to the needy than a pastor.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by deelobe: 10:11pm On Sep 17, 2015
Smoke2015:
Am I angry? I'm not sure.
For the first time in my adult life I cannot even put in words my present feeling especially as the news of Pastor Adeboye's latest acquisition of a luxury Private Jet hits me this morning with just N2,000 in my pocket.
Against the backdrop of the recent almost violent rejection by the 'body of Christ' of the call for taxes in our churches, we now hear of Pastors launching luxury liners and huge real estate collections you begin to ask yourself some very pertinent questions with answers you are afraid of exploring.

At the last count, Pastors Adeboye, Joshua and Oyedepo, Oritsejafor etc have all acquired the very latest in luxury jets amongst a vast array of holdings making them some of the very wealthiest human beings on earth. Me I am afraid of personally attacking Pastor Joshua for fear that he may not be as forgiving as the other two, but my searchlight and arrow will be directed at Adeboye and Oyedepo because if they get angry with me, I can beg and as fathers they will forgive and pray for me. That other one, no go gree.

I have attended both the Redeemed and Winners and the scale of their vision always stupefies me, humbling and humiliating me at the same time. The vastness of their holdings and immense wealth which they control if not checked can begin to compete with the federal Government in revenues generated. They rely on the fear and near literate disposition of their followers. Yes, near literate because the most educated of us, when it comes to spiritual things we are all illiterate and gullible or how else can you explain this continued perfidy where we assemble every Sunday and listen to the same story retold for over 2,000 years and still give out 10% of our hard earned income to a few to live like Roman Emperors and yet refuse to be taxed.

These pastors are the new overlords, slave masters with whips garnisheed with the sweet tongues of Babylon aimed at impoverishing us, putting us under spells of hypnosis and keeping us in a permanent state of imbecilic servitude. They bestride the firmament in holier than thou gowns collecting from a deprived and depraved flock, fleecing, throwing prosperity messages that seem to deliver the wealth to them alone and their cronies, while the rest of us, defiled cups in hands, adorned with rags and defiled by leprosy , kneel at their feet, hoping and waiting for the deliverance but alas we are told to wait till heaven while they live in opulence here on earth.

We will definitely wait till heaven and there if we find them will embark on the ultimate protest. Heaven will surely witness its first race riot. A riot occasioned by Nigerians and only Nigerians seeking for a pound of flesh from these masters who made our lives a living hell on earth. Yes, a living hell because we ran to them for succor, for relief from the viccititudes of this world but yet little did we know that we were just running from one slave master to the other albeit with a promise of a better life herein after while taking the last of our pennies, the last of our hopes and in some cases our wives and depriving us of the last vestiges of dignity and leaving us naked with the utopian hope of a better tomorrow.

Two of these churches have birthed luxury airliners with the tithes of a pitiable gullible crowd. This airliner I hear has two of the state of the art jetliners sequestered for only those who can afford it and reserved for the exclusive use of the GO in many of his travels. Who are the shareholders of this firm? Who are the Directors of the firm, registered in America thereby keeping it out of reach of the millions who have contributed their kobo to this initiative. Where is the corruption war? Why is it not beaming its search light towards this area of continuous and stylish thievery?

The airliner is not just the only one, the huge Real Estate holdings, the University where the brethren cannot afford to take their children to despite the fact that it's their tithes that built the school. The hotels, the various businesses. This is nothing but organized fleecing under the guise of religion. Now, I am angry and will unsheath my sword. This 'religious'organizations are nothing but multi national firms who have gotten their seed capital from their members who unlike normal shareholders have been deprived of the benefits of their investments. Where is the democracy in all these? Why are dividends not declared and shared amongst all tithe payers? Why is the GO position held almost in perpetuity?

These church owners are wicked. The Roman Catholic Church is a very rich organization who have impacted on the lives of not just Italians but the rest of the world. It is not controlled by a family or a patriarch but controlled by structures and institutions that have for centuries continued to ensure the perpetuity of its vision. The selection of the Pope who is the titular head is carried out along very set lines of succession, lines that have over the centuries withstood the vagaries of time, encrypting it into the concrete of structure. This has ensured the continuous democratization of dividends that accrue from their various activities. They pay their taxes, run a government in the Vatican and support governments and society wherever they find themselves. I am not a fan of the Catholic Church but in terms of transparency, institutionalized decision taking, clear and transparent succession planning and decision taking procedures they are miles ahead of this family owned businesses we call churches in this country.

I hereby call for the democratization of the Redeemed Christian church and the Winners chapel. Their size, influence and continued growing wealth makes it dangerous to continually be controlled by one individual. You see the way Presidents and political candidates scamper there for support, the influence and power they carry must be broken otherwise we will be faced by a parallel government which will be very dangerous for us as a country and which could make the menace of Boko Haram child's play. Yes child's play because they are dealing with the mind, hypnotizing a vast section of the population controlling them and making them allude to their biding iresponsibly. See the role of the Redeemed in the selection of the current Vice President and the mass movement of their members towards his candidacy without even querying his position on issues. See how a sitting President made regular pilgrimages to go bow down unconstituonally to an unelected self appointed demagogue all in the name of 'spiritual father.'

The General Overseer-GO position must have tenor limits. The constitution of this group must be tinkered with. A four year maximum two term tenor must be infused in their constitution. Proper elections or at best clear GO appointing procedures and decision taking process must be made with every tithe paying church goer having the same opportunity to aspire to the position. A clear system of checks and balances with separation of powers must also be entrenched. Some people will be cursing me now as they read, but do I care. It is for their own good that I am making these suggestions and also for my own good as a Nigerian who will suffer when this monster collapses into chaos and tyranny if effective structures are not put in place to guide and sustain its unprecedented growth.

See what happened to the Celstial Church when its founder Pa Oshoffa died. We saw a wicked succession battle which led to court cases, violence and a balkanization of the church. The celestial church came out of that era weakened. Today it has lost its glory and is no more than a local champion. This was so because Oshoffa led with the power of his charisma, not putting structures in place and when he passed there was nobody with that kind of persona to fit into his huge shoes. Wait for Adeboye's passing and you will see a Colombian drug cartel like war of control.

Already parish Pastors are helping themselves to church funds, stealing wives of their members and generally exhibiting unchristian like behavior because of the weak structures of control and cohesion. The Redeemed church is today as popular as Coca Cola with parishes on every street corner but unlike coke with no clear tested machinery for governance and control. While the center is busy building global enterprises, the local parish pastor is defiling the church with his own thievery.

This is not an attack on the church and no satan sent me. I am a Christian, not very devout but a Christian none the less. What I have done is detach myself from all this Tom foolery and attempted to look dispassionately at the monster that is today's churches especially the redeemed and Winners in the wake of the tax controversy. Our churches need to open themselves for proper scrutiny otherwise they will continue in this profane exploitation of a gullible and in most cases helpless population seeking solace and succor from task masters who are even worse than the devil himself.

I have stopped payment of tithe until corporate governance and transparency is instituted in our churches, until open elections are conducted for sensitive church positions and until tithe payers are recognized as shareholders and dividends declared and payed annually. Till then, I will be paying my tiny tithe to an orphanage in Palmgrove, Onipanu Lagos where the madam is struggling daily to feed and educate kids with no hope in life. This to me is far better and enriching than funding a financial behemoth masquerading as a religious organization, dodging taxes and yet doing businnes at the levels that even the biggest of global players cringe with fear.

I await the attacks.

Thank you.

http://josephedgarng..com.ng/2015/09/pastors-private-jets-and-their-taxes.html

Them say na bottle matter na im go kill person wey dey sell ice water. Attacks ke! Use your mouth to crucify ya sef ke.
The fact that robbers steal has it stopped from living your life. It is true that some might abuse it but please do not generalise and your write up sounds more like bad belle matter
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 17, 2015
davidque007:
It a shame that you had to waste your time and eloquent speech on an issue you are clearly ignorant about. I won't bother trying to disprove u with my own facts, biblical knowledge. Priviledged inside knowledge of the church, 'cos it would be a waste of time. I read tru your post and tot u'Thu, Sep 17, 2015 give a balance view of how things really are. You didn't 'cos you are clearly myopic and mildly ignorant of salient facts about the subject matter. However, you need to realise that church doctrines aren't thing u just do 'cos your pastor said so, do you realise that you are "supposed" to hv Gods spirit living in you? His presence isn't for show,but to lead you into ALL TRUTH. All you talked about was how you saw things and not how they really are. There is a truth to bible doctrine and the way the body of christ should be run. How many times have you prayed to God to give you the truth about issues and what you think you know about these pastors. Mostlikely zero time, ' cos u'l hv mentioned iit in your long epistle.
I give you an example. Bishop oyedepo who every1 seems to like attacking is someone I have known all my life. Obviously I don't follow the public's view of him cos I have known him for over 30years, he has been exactly the same day in day out. He has always declared Gods word bodly with no fear and in faith. I have seen it come to life before all our eyes. He was someone who supported my family day in day out both personally and through the church welfare programme. Till tomorrow he is still actively supporting families privately and not b4 the public's eye. The church also has a robust schorlarship system, welfare and support for the poor. My elder brother went tru school with the church's scholarship. I didn't 'cos I had shell scholarship. Times without number bishop would send financial aid. He once bought four tyres for my mum's car 'cos it was worn out and no money to replace it. He was walking past our car when his eye caught a glimpse of the tyres and immediately he gave my mum money on the spot to buy new tyres. Till tomorrow the church has a good system that supports widows.
I have known these men that the OP mentioned and I'm priviledged to have a better info on them. I hv seen them live out the doctrines they preach and I have been taught to question all doctrine and hold on to what is tru as the Holy spirit enlightens me.
You should stop speaking balderdash and let the spirit of God lead you to the truth. I obviously don't share your point of view cos its wrong and short sighted.

You are 25%correct but there's atom of truth on the trash he wrote ya I used trash coz you think it's trash
OK can you help me the answers

HOW MANY PRIVATE JETS DO THE HAVE EACH?
HOW MANY PRIVATE JETS DO POPE HAVE?
HOW MANY PRIVATE JETS DO FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HAVE?
HOW MANY CARS DO THEY HAVE EACH?
HOW MANY REAL ESTATE DO THEY HAVE?
HOW MANY HOTELS DO THEY HAVE?
HOW MUCH IS THEIR SCHOOL FEES?
HOW MANY CAN AFFORD THEIR SCHOOL FEES?
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 17, 2015
PigManLagos:
For centuries man believed that the sun revolved around the earth. One man challenged the idea and proved it was not so, but even the church rallied against him and even wanted him killed. WHY
In human history there are always entire generations that are born into institutionalized lies. But rather than accept that potential the lie they have been fed since birth is untrue they will kill whoever questions their belief.
Even Jesus himself allowed his disciples to question him, right or wrong and he was God. How much less mere mortal men
1. why are they absolved from questioning?
2. Was Jesus not questioned by his followers?
3. Did the bereans not question Paul?
4. Did Paul not question Peter?

yet we have superstars in this present age that have created an environment of impunity where the measure of litmus test of their character is no longer the word of God. Many proclaim to love the word of God but have had their understanding clouded by the cultist manipulation of some of these men. The word of God is the final authority on matters of christian belief. People get upset when they dont really believe Jesus but believe the marketing manipulation of salemen.
1. it is harder for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God than for a camel to enter the eye of a needle? so what happens with people with private jets.
2. For all the out of context fragmented scripture we believe, ask yourself how many times did Jesus say his followers should sell all and follow him.
3. How many times did he make clear he had not come to change earthly circumstances but to bring reconcillation between humanity and God?
4. How many times does the new testament tell us we are no longer under the Judaic law? You pay tithes and are happy but how many of tyhe other jewish ceremonies do you practice.
5. Why do you practice tithing but not animal sacrifice? When Jesus said it was finished... what did you think was finished.
6. Do you believe in covenant theology? if my name happens to be wayne rooney of Nigeria, can i show up to machester utd and claim the original wayne rooneys weekly wages? If not why does whay God say contractually to a specific people at a specific point in time now apply to me when a newer better contract has been made available to all? Why do you want the old contract anyway

People i cant tell you what to believe but i can tell you who to believe. Believe Jesus... study Paul and be free from lies. I believing in giving but we are now under grace and grace does not work by force or compulsion.... thats the old way... The new way is motivated and rooted in love. If you are giving because you think somehow God will make you rich i suggest you read Malachi again. Tithing was supposed to eliminate poverty as a social care system. People that had gave so the poor could be taking care of. The poor were not required to tithe. They were supposed to be taken care of by the tithers who were better off.

THE POOR PAYING A TITHE TO THE RICH (WITH PRIVATE JETS) IS A PERVERSION OF THE GOSPEL..... WAKE UP.... READ EZEKEIL CHAPTERS 33 AND 34 BEFORE COMENTING ANY FURTHER.....I PRAY THAT OUR EYES BE OPEN

Please sir I love your quote
But can I use it for 2 tinz I want to compose songs with it and I want to use it to create thread.

Many of them don't want to be asked questions
They give dis excuse that God said you shouldn't judge so that you will not be judged but we are not judging but we are asking questions we need answers
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 17, 2015
BillDesmond2much:
.U should have backed up ur points with a bible verses to prove ur mental strength on the said matter, bt reading carefully through ur lines of complete nonsense makes me laugh at ur ignorance. Bt let me give u few verses that talks abt tithe, so u can check to no if the bible ask the pastor to share with those who gave tithes.
Matthew 6:1-4, Malachi 3:8-12, 2 Corinthians 9:7, Luke 16:10, Leviticus 27:30, Act20:35, Malachi 3:10, Mark 12:41-44, Proverb 11:24, Proverb 3:9, 2 Corinthians 9:6-7, Luke 6:38 & 16:10, Psalms 4:5, Malachi 3:8-12.
Besides most of this pastors pay tithes too to their spiritual fathers, a Christian must pay tithe to fulfill all the commandments of God, @OP stopping to pay ur tithe only kill ur spiritual growth. The OP is crying blood because he has failed to work hard, giving a man of God only 10% of ur monthly takes home isn't a big deal if u r earning big. I hate commenting on spiritual matters bt i choose to before u mislead other people... The jets they buy aid their transportation to places God commands them to

Read Deuteronomy 26 vs 12 n reply me.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by emmygzy(m): 10:57pm On Sep 17, 2015
harsysky:
I don't pay tithes because of my pastor; I pay because Christ has directed I should. Whether the pastor becomes a billionaire and isn't helping anyone, that his own cup of tea. He alone awaits his judgement ,and I'm not meant to judge him. Op, you're entitled to ur own opinions; you will corrupt people's mind with ur epistle. But the wise know the miraculous things paying tithe has done for them.
see this gullible human being. Where in the Bible did Jesus christ instructed us to pay tithe? you better read your bible very well. Jesus never instructed anybody to pay tithe. He never instructed his desciples to pay, he himself didnt collect and when the desciples founded the early church they didnt collect tithe. Even paul did not collect or command any of those churches e.g. Ephesians, Galatians to pay tithe. Rather in Mathew 25 vs 25, Jesus even abused the pharisees for paying tithes. Tithe iz an old testament law that has been abolished by Jesus christ. Even the tithe itself is not money, its yearly and its to be eaten by you, some given to the poor, widows and the rest taken by the levites or pastors. Deuteronomy 14vs22 to end. Dont be gullible muslims dont pay tithe and yet they got money e.g. Fashola, dangote, tinubu, jimoh ibrahim. Be wise.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by emmygzy(m): 11:03pm On Sep 17, 2015
GlorifiedTunde:

My dear, Tithe is God's money. He says you have robbed him if you don't bring it to His house... Malachi 3

Offering
Parents
The Poor
Missionaries

No man is supposed to own God's tithe, not even the pastor - God will judge him seriously!

Tithe is 10% that you pay to God for protecting you, your family, finances and other things around you from the hand of the devourer.

I'll challenge you to it, those who pay tithes hardly spend on I'll health and accidents or mishaps. That is why they end up using their monies well than non tithers. This is what I have experienced in life.

see this gullible human being. Where in the Bible did Jesus christ instructed us to pay tithe? you better read your bible very well. Jesus never instructed anybody to pay tithe. He never instructed his desciples to pay, he himself didnt collect and when the desciples founded the early church they didnt collect tithe. Even paul did not collect or command any of those churches e.g. Ephesians, Galatians to pay tithe. Rather in Mathew 25 vs 25, Jesus even abused the pharisees for paying tithes. Tithe iz an old testament law that has been abolished by Jesus christ. Even the tithe itself is not money, its yearly and its to be eaten by you, some given to the poor, widows and the rest taken by the levites or pastors. Deuteronomy 14vs22 to end. Dont be gullible muslims dont pay tithe and yet they got money e.g. Fashola, dangote, tinubu, jimoh ibrahim. Be wise.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by emmygzy(m): 11:35pm On Sep 17, 2015
harsysky:

What is ur advice concerning tithe?
read Deuteronomy 14vs22, youll know that firstly, tithe is not money, secondly, tithe is meant to be eaten by you, a portion to be given to the poor, widow, while the rest go to pastors. Read hebrew 7 to the end and you will see that tithe is an old testament law, for the jews that are practicing Judaism. It has been abolished by the coming of Jesus christ. That is why he didnt pay it, his desciples didnt pay it too, the early church in the act of apostles dont pay tithe, while paul the apostles in his letters to those churches e.g. Ephesians, romans e.t.c. Never instructed anyone to pay tithe. Christians are never to pay tithe. Besides muslims dont pay tithe and theyre rich. Dangote is a muslims and he is the richest man in Africa, buhari, you president is a muslim and he doesnt pay tithe and you hardly hear them going to the hospital. God is not wicked and He is a God of everybody. My advice for you is to give your tithe to the hopeless, and the needy. Read the words of Jesus christ and you will know better. Jesus told someone to sell all his properties and give everything to the poor and he will have treasures in heaven, he didnt even tell him to remove tithe out of it or take all of them to church. Read your bible independently and dont listen to pastors interpretations and doctrines.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by emmygzy(m): 11:42pm On Sep 17, 2015
harsysky:

What is ur advice concerning tithe?
read Deuteronomy 14vs22, youll know that firstly, tithe is not money, secondly, tithe is meant to be eaten by you, a portion to be given to the poor, widow, while the rest go to pastors. Read hebrew 7 to the end and you will see that tithe is an old testament law, for the jews that are practicing Judaism. It has been abolished by the coming of Jesus christ. That is why he didnt pay it, his desciples didnt pay it too, the early church in the act of apostles dont pay tithe, while paul the apostles in his letters to those churches e.g. Ephesians, romans e.t.c. Never instructed anyone to pay tithe. Christians are never to pay tithe. Besides muslims dont pay tithe and theyre rich. Dangote is a muslims and he is the richest man in Africa, buhari, you president is a muslim and he doesnt pay tithe and you hardly hear them going to the hospital. God is not wicked and He is a God of everybody. My advice for you is to give your tithe to the hopeless, and the needy. Read the word of Jesus. Jesus told a man that came to ask him about the kingdom of God to sell all his properties and give them to the poor and he will have treasures in heaven. He didnt tell him to pay tithe, neither did he tell him to take them to the church or he should bring it to him. Pastors always manipulates bible to suit theirself, that is why its good to read bible yourself.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by donnie(m): 11:46pm On Sep 17, 2015
Smoke2015:
Am I angry? I'm not sure.

I await the attacks.

Thank you.

http://josephedgarng..com.ng/2015/09/pastors-private-jets-and-their-taxes.html

You are mad. And who asked you for tithe before?You read junk on the internet and write this trash and still have the audacity to call yourself a christian? Shame on you.

For your information, there are well laid down structures, procedures and policies governing finances , hence the growth and impact you see which obviously annoys you.

Don't even start to compare them with your Roman catholic priests who collect tithes and put straight into the pocket since they are aware that the Roman Catholic church has no such official doctrine.

BTW, why is Pastor Chris' face there? Or u just need his pic there for effect?

1 Like

Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by gsparks01(m): 11:53pm On Sep 17, 2015
nice and well written grammatically! Been a long time I read an error free writeup by a Nigerian; thumbs up!!
I agree with some of your points but disagree with some and particularly frown at your election in the Church idea

1 Like

Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by October1960: 12:09am On Sep 18, 2015
Nigerian Mega Churches especially are a scam. Amazing that people give their money to these organizations.

Well, people have looked away for 30 years as 1% of the population steal money while working as high ranking government officials and politicians so why not 'believe' in fake stories and buy silly books published by a so called man of God.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by dapsonlou(m): 12:20am On Sep 18, 2015
simdam500:

Lol... only in a place if worship will an economic students loose it's course of study.
cheesy

G.O will live long but you can't talk of the future you know nothing of. The possibilities of a greater person taking over is 1/2.

Irrespective, RCCG has come to stay

Ode Man Warshiper
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by tonychristopher: 12:44am On Sep 18, 2015
emmygzy:
read Deuteronomy 14vs22, youll know that firstly, tithe is not money, secondly, tithe is meant to be eaten by you, a portion to be given to the poor, widow, while the rest go to pastors. Read hebrew 7 to the end and you will see that tithe is an old testament law, for the jews that are practicing Judaism. It has been abolished by the coming of Jesus christ. That is why he didnt pay it, his desciples didnt pay it too, the early church in the act of apostles dont pay tithe, while paul the apostles in his letters to those churches e.g. Ephesians, romans e.t.c. Never instructed anyone to pay tithe. Christians are never to pay tithe. Besides muslims dont pay tithe and theyre rich. Dangote is a muslims and he is the richest man in Africa, buhari, you president is a muslim and he doesnt pay tithe and you hardly hear them going to the hospital. God is not wicked and He is a God of everybody. My advice for you is to give your tithe to the hopeless, and the needy. Read the word of Jesus. Jesus told a man that came to ask him about the kingdom of God to sell all his properties and give them to the poor and he will have treasures in heaven. He didnt tell him to pay tithe, neither did he tell him to take them to the church or he should bring it to him. Pastors always manipulates bible to suit theirself, that is why its good to read bible yourself.

I am a Christian I have noticed that it is this pentecostal business pastors that ask of tithes ..catholic and orthodox don't ask you to pay it...you pay from your heart yet they have the richest in Christianson from capital oil to belusconi to Chelsea owner
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by nwakaibeya1: 12:45am On Sep 18, 2015
seek TRUTH>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73_HYeb2Io8 ……>4those who HV spiritual eye listen2uterance in video&know its TRUE but U CANT accept?
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by tonychristopher: 12:48am On Sep 18, 2015
GlorifiedTunde:

Offering
Parents
The Poor
Missionaries

Where did Jesus tell us to pay tithe...did any of the apostles pay tithe
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by tonychristopher: 12:50am On Sep 18, 2015
entparrot:

Very real! Church can go to hel

Why?
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by tonychristopher: 1:02am On Sep 18, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"sometimes I begin to wonder if this heaven is real, they take money from us to flex and tell us to wait for our own flexing in heaven. Will play my own part here on earth and let God do his own part". Quote me anywhere.
I don't believe in tithe but heaven is really real.lord won't ask u how many tithes u paid but he will be mad at us if we don't use the talents given to us
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by tonychristopher: 1:05am On Sep 18, 2015
faradexs09:
Uhm a cow sucking a goat milk grin

Now that is funnily figurative
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by tonychristopher: 1:10am On Sep 18, 2015
tupacshakur:

...and where do you think your tithes end up?

Lemme tell you the possibilities...

1. Buying bra and G-strings for your Pastor's daughter.
2. Sending your Pastor's nephew to the University of North Texas, USA.
3. Buying marijuana for the Pastor's wayward son.
4. Buying menstrual pads for the Pastor's wife.
5. Buying Samsung S6 for your Pastor's secret lover.

All these, while your cousin in the University asks you for money for textbooks and you keep "posting" him.

Why not try and get "God's" bank account number in "Heaven" and wire him your tithe directly. That's if you can get "his" account number.

Crazy and funny but true
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by Nobody: 3:39am On Sep 18, 2015
YOU HAVE SAID WHAT MANY WILL NOT WANT TO HEAR OR SAY.THEY WILL IN TURN ASK YOU WERE YOU FORCED TO GO THERE?.THEY WILL SUBMITT THAT YOU ARE ANGRY BECAUSE YOU ARE POOR.THEY WILL TELL YOU THE GOS ARE NOT TO BE QUESTIONED.
ANYWAY GOING TO ANY OF THESE CHURCHES IS BY CHOICE AND PERSONAL DEVOTION TO THE GO IS ALSO BY CHOICE,BELIEVERS SHOULD STRIVE TO GIVE GREATER ALLEGIANCE TO GOD AND THE BIBLE THAN MANY OF THESE 'MEN OF GOD' BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT SATAN MEN.WE ARE ALL ROYAL PRIESTHOOD...... .
FINALLY PRAY MORE AND LISTEN TO GOD MORE THAN MEN.THEY SHOULD NOT BE THE ONES THAT HAVE THE FINAL SAY.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by vooks: 3:43am On Sep 18, 2015
FOLLOWJESUS:
My dear brother I am in the same page with u.It is always good to say the truth no matter the way people may see it,the church of today has gone astray in all fronts,the church by it's opporations has become family businesses and money making institutions.what the churchs do with the doctrine of our LORD JESUS does not taly.One of the main asignment of the church is caring for the poor and the less privilaged that was exactly what the autodox missioneries from Roman catholic and others brought to africa and are still doing the same till today they never diviate.The so called penticoastals are doing the opposite exibiting stupenduse wealth and questionable luxury while the poor among them go hungry and sufer endlessly.When the missioneries from the autodox came to Africa they established schools and hospitals at a well subsedised rate to benefite the poor. The Africans embressed their religion and doctrine because of their caring attitude, for the penticoastals revase is the case. There is a warning in the book of 1Timothy 6:6-10 regards to the attitude of our men of GOD today, how many of them are heading to this worning,The penticoastals take from the poor to make the rich richer,they abandone the poor and aflicted,they are hypocates. I am also a pastor for 22years now in one of the leadind and most popular churtch in nigeria ,I can confidently tell you that this is not the foundation our LORD JESUS. Layed,the foundation has been corrupted and defiled by this men of God,Every body will account for his deeds that is my joy

It goes without saying that the ONLY pastas(sic) who 'prosper' and live like Hollywood stars are the one-man shows.

It's not that God favors them or they preach t gospel; they just like Judas carry the purse a they pilfer
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by vooks: 3:47am On Sep 18, 2015
donnie:

You are mad. And who asked you for tithe before?You read junk on the internet and write this trash and still have the audacity to call yourself a christian? Shame on you.

For your information, there are well laid down structures, procedures and policies governing finances , hence the growth and impact you see which obviously annoys you.

Don't even start to compare them with your Roman catholic priests who collect tithes and put straight into the pocket since they are aware that the Roman Catholic church has no such official doctrine.

BTW, why is Pastor Chris' face there? Or u just need his pic there for effect?

You are a mumu. Give a rebuttal or zip it
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by ModiKen(m): 5:07am On Sep 18, 2015
GlorifiedTunde:
Pele Joseph Edgar grin grin grin cheesy

If I add to the two thousand naira will it calm your nerves? grin grin

Go and work and make money, when you're in millions don't give to any Church.

CHIKENA!!!

HAVE YOU EVER STOPPED TO THINK THAT MAY BE THE REASON YOU HAVE ONLY #2000 LEFT IS BECAUSE YOU DON'T PAY YOUR TITHES

Did u read the article at all?!

Said he pays his tithe to an orphanage and I support him 100%.

I won't contribute to the enrichment of any pastor who would build schools and universities that most of his members cannot afford to send their children.

I would rather give my tithe to anyone I see in need: ophanage, less priviledged, motherless babies home e.t.c

Thank God I'm a Catholic and there ain't no Rev. Father enriching himself cos of the way things are structured. Its not a one man or family business.....its an INSTITUTION with defined (layed out) ways of doing things.

The day the catholic church starts tilting towards the life style and method of organisation of the pentecostal churches.......I'm out before u can even say Jack, let alone Robinson.

After all, on judgement day God won't ask me what church I attended but how I lived my life according to his principles and how I helped those I saw in need around me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Paul Adefarasin Directing Traffic On Lagos Island (Photos) / Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited / Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.