Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar (35071 Views)

Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets / The Number Of Private Jets Bishop Oyedepo Actually Owns - Leke Beecroft / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by GlorifiedTunde(m): 5:21am On Sep 18, 2015
tonychristopher:

Where did Jesus tell us to pay tithe...did any of the apostles pay tithe

emmygzy:
see this gullible human being. Where in the Bible did Jesus christ instructed us to pay tithe? you better read your bible very well. Jesus never instructed anybody to pay tithe. He never instructed his desciples to pay, he himself didnt collect and when the desciples founded the early church they didnt collect tithe. Even paul did not collect or command any of those churches e.g. Ephesians, Galatians to pay tithe. Rather in Mathew 25 vs 25[/color] , Jesus even abused the pharisees for paying tithes. Tithe iz an old testament law that has been abolished by Jesus christ. Even the tithe itself is not money, its yearly and its to be eaten by you, some given to the poor, widows and the rest taken by the levites or pastors. Deuteronomy 14vs22 to end. Dont be gullible muslims dont pay tithe and yet they got money e.g. Fashola, dangote, tinubu, jimoh ibrahim. Be wise.

Matt 23:23 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
For ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin,
and have omitted the weightier matters of the
law, judgment, mercy and faith: these you ought
to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Luke 11:42 But woe to you, Pharisees! For ye tithe mint and
rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment
and the love of God. [color=#006600]These ought ye to have done,
and not to leave the other undone.

Without too much explanations I believe you know what "these" are and "and not to leave the other". I you can't, you may need to review English Language wink wink

Matt 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Matt 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Matt 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

SmartMugu:

Not sure, but must everyone pay their tithes to pastors that are already rich? What's wrong with giving it to the needy as OP mentioned?
I think these whole tithe thing is really being bastardized.
A pastor in Nigeria once told me I owed his church tithes for the past three months, I told him I already paid my tithes at my church here in the US. He got upset, saying I needed to send all my tithes directly to his church in Nigeria through western union. I stopped talking to him from that day. I've never heard of that before, neither have I ever met him in person before.
If everyone is hustled like that by pastors, do you know how rich the people would be at the expense of others.
God forgive me if it's wrong, but I'd rather give my tithes to the needy than a pastor.

MALACHAI 3

8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings .
9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house , and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.
12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.

Jesus paid tithes to Abraham while He came in the form of Melchizedek, king of Salem in Gen 14

18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.

19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:

20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

YOUR PASTOR DID NOT HAVE TO CHASE YOU; THE TITHE IS MEANT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE CHURCH AND NOT FOR HIM TO EAT. THERE ARE DIFFERENT KIND OF PASTORS!!! AND DON'T PAY YOUR TITHE TO THE LESS PRIVILEDGED, YOU WON'T GET BACK THE BLESSINGS. YOU SHOULD HOWEVER HAVE MONEY SET ASIDE TO HELP THE LESS PRIVILEDGED TOO

menxer:
Bros look for this book "the lost book of Enki", if you google you will find a free pdf version, you will understand some things.
cheers
OK wink

HAVING SAID ALL, THE ISSUE OF TITHING IS A VERY CONTROVERSIAL ISSUE. THIS IS MY SUBMISSION:

THOSE WHO PAY WON'T STOP PAYING; SO YOUR DEBATES CANNOT CHANGE THEIR MIND

MANY OF THOSE WHO DONT PAY NOW WILL PAY LATER WHEN UNDERSTANDING COMES - WE'VE ALL BEEN THERE.

In Closing: EVERYONE PAYS TITHE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER - YOU EITHER PAY IT TO GOD, OR THE DEVIL (THE DEVOURER) grin grin grin

THANK YOU grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by GlorifiedTunde(m): 5:35am On Sep 18, 2015
ModiKen:

Did u read the article at all?!

Said he pays his tithe to an orphanage and I support him 100%.

I won't contribute to the enrichment of any pastor who would build schools and universities that most of his members cannot afford to send their children.

I would rather give my tithe to anyone I see in need: ophanage, less priviledged, motherless babies home e.t.c

Thank God I'm a Catholic and there ain't no Rev. Father enriching himself cos of the way things are structured. Its not a one man or family business.....its an INSTITUTION with defined (layed out) ways of doing things.

The day the catholic church starts tilting towards the life style and method of organisation of the pentecostal churches.......I'm out before u can even say Jack, let alone Robinson.

After all, on judgement day God won't ask me what church I attended but how I lived my life according to his principles and how I helped those I saw in need around me.

God is principled!

Bring all tithes to my store house - Not to the needy

There are many other Bible passages that encourages you on blessing the needy - NOT THIS!!!

You just supported a man bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by tonychristopher: 6:59am On Sep 18, 2015
GlorifiedTunde:

and the love of God. These ought ye to have done,

Without too much explanations I believe you know what "these" are and "and not to leave the other". I you can't, you may need to review English Language wink wink

Matt 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Matt 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Matt 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

MALACHAI 3

8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings .

10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house , and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.
12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.

Jesus paid tithes to Abraham while He came in the form of Melchizedek, king of Salem in Gen 14

18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.

19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:

20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

YOUR PASTOR DID NOT HAVE TO CHASE YOU; THE TITHE IS MEANT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE CHURCH AND NOT FOR HIM TO EAT. THERE ARE DIFFERENT KIND OF PASTORS!!! AND DON'T PAY YOUR TITHE TO THE LESS PRIVILEDGED, YOU WON'T GET BACK THE BLESSINGS. YOU SHOULD HOWEVER HAVE MONEY SET ASIDE TO HELP THE LESS PRIVILEDGED TOO

OK wink

HAVING SAID ALL, THE ISSUE OF TITHING IS A VERY CONTROVERSIAL ISSUE. THIS IS MY SUBMISSION:

MANY OF THOSE WHO DONT PAY NOW WILL PAY LATER WHEN UNDERSTANDING COMES - WE'VE ALL BEEN THERE.

In Closing: EVERYONE PAYS TITHE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER - YOU EITHER PAY IT TO GOD, OR THE DEVIL (THE DEVOURER) grin grin grin

THANK YOU grin

The question was simple ....did Jesus pay tithe and did he encourage us to pay tithe ....I am asking you
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by tonychristopher: 7:01am On Sep 18, 2015
Charity is the key not paying tithes ...God is love ..the highest tithe you can pay is show love ...when a church needs building schools for the needy pay for it
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:05am On Sep 18, 2015
tonychristopher:

The question was simple ....did Jesus pay tithe and did he encourage us to pay tithe ....I am asking you

Why didn't you ask if Jesus or His disciples paid offerings or gave to the poor? undecided

If you read what I wrote you'll see it there. He paid Abraham a tithe when He came in the form of Melchizedek .

Jesus came as the Lord in the New Testament and he's supposed to receive tithe and not to give it.

You won't read all I've said and you're here asking me questions again.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY TITHES, THAT'S YOUR BUSINESS NOT MINE!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by jeff1607(m): 7:21am On Sep 18, 2015
BillDesmond2much:
.U should have backed up ur points with a bible verses to prove ur mental strength on the said matter, bt reading carefully through ur lines of complete nonsense makes me laugh at ur ignorance. Bt let me give u few verses that talks abt tithe, so u can check to no if the bible ask the pastor to share with those who gave tithes.
Matthew 6:1-4, Malachi 3:8-12, 2 Corinthians 9:7, Luke 16:10, Leviticus 27:30, Act20:35, Malachi 3:10, Mark 12:41-44, Proverb 11:24, Proverb 3:9, 2 Corinthians 9:6-7, Luke 6:38 & 16:10, Psalms 4:5, Malachi 3:8-12.
Besides most of this pastors pay tithes too to their spiritual fathers, a Christian must pay tithe to fulfill all the commandments of God, @OP stopping to pay ur tithe only kill ur spiritual growth. The OP is crying blood because he has failed to work hard, giving a man of God only 10% of ur monthly takes home isn't a big deal if u r earning big. I hate commenting on spiritual matters bt i choose to before u mislead other people... The jets they buy aid their transportation to places God commands them to

is it only if he/she is earning big?#just asking
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by efonat(m): 7:44am On Sep 18, 2015
[size=30pt]Exactly!!!![/size]w
dckng16:
IT SHOULD ALSO BE APPLICABLE to MUSLIMS OWNED SCHOOLS, HOSTIPALS, ETC
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by princy80(m): 8:15am On Sep 18, 2015
op go n pay ur tithes on. u r killing urself. u might decide nt to give offerings bt for tithe; u r killing urself
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by entparrot(f): 8:27am On Sep 18, 2015
tonychristopher:

Why?

Because it's a fraud.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by Morizo(m): 8:49am On Sep 18, 2015
OP, Nigerians are a very religious people so expect a backlash from this post. Your post is spot on. The Church industry would be in charge of political affairs of the country in the nearest future. Already Islam controls the local and foreign policies of some nations, Nigeria inclusive. Its scary because we are gradually going back to d medieval era when the church was supreme to sovereign nations. The difference is this time it would be in the hands men (Men of God?) and even wall street would do their bidding. I support that churches should pay taxes. its only fair given d billions they swindle from their congregation and in order to balance the economy as well. Nice one OP
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by EARN: 9:20am On Sep 18, 2015
[imgb

Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by tsdarkside(m): 10:51am On Sep 18, 2015
all churches should be turned to public-toillets......for me ,they are all useless to the black-race...talking from a book,that dem their selfs,dont even understand...... angry angry angry

synagogs of satan.............!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by emmygzy(m): 11:16am On Sep 18, 2015
GlorifiedTunde:

and the love of God. These ought ye to have done,

MALACHAI 3

OK wink

THANK YOU grin
oga, stop brainwashing people here. if you have been brainwashed by your pastor, that is your own cup of tea. Read deuteronomy, vs14 from chapter1 to the end. youll see that, in chapter 1-21, God mentioned some law that we christians ignore and say Jesus has cancelled it. Then from chapter 22 to the end is now the tithe that all these scam pastors now lay emphasis on. In that deuteronomy 14vs22 to the end, you will discover that 1. tithe is not money, 2. it is to be eaten by us, 3. some should be given to the widow and the poor, 4. you can even use your tithe money to buy beer.

Deut 14:22-29

The Law of the Tithe

22 "Set aside a tithe — a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. 23 Then go to the one place where the Lord your God has chosen to be worshiped; and there in his presence eat the tithes of your grain, wine, and olive oil, and the first-born of your cattle and sheep. Do this so that you may learn to honor the Lord your God always. 24 If the place of worship is too far from your home for you to carry there the tithe of the produce that the Lord has blessed you with, then do this: 25 Sell your produce and take the money with you to the one place of worship. 26 Spend it on whatever you want — beef, lamb, wine, beer — and there, in the presence of the Lord your God, you and your families are to eat and enjoy yourselves.

27 "Do not neglect the Levites who live in your towns; they have no property of their own. 28 At the end of every third year bring the tithe of all your crops and store it in your towns. 29 This food is for the Levites, since they own no property, and for the foreigners, orphans, and widows who live in your towns. They are to come and get all they need. Do this, and the Lord your God will bless you in everything you do.
GNT

that is it. Jesus even asked somebody that came to meet him to ask about the kingdom of God to sell all his properties and give the money to the poor. He said he will have trewasure in heaven. he did not tell him to pay tithe, or bring all the money to him. Read hebrew chapter7, you will discover that Jesus christ cancelled the law of tithe. Shalom.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by GlorifiedTunde(m): 11:19am On Sep 18, 2015
emmygzy:
oga, stop brainwashing people here. if you have been brainwashed by your pastor, that is your own cup of tea. Read deuteronomy, vs14 from chapter1 to the end. youll see that, in chapter 1-21, God mentioned some law that we christians ignore and say Jesus has cancelled it. Then from chapter 22 to the end is now the tithe that all these scam pastors now lay emphasis on. In that deuteronomy 14vs22 to the end, you will discover that 1. tithe is not money, 2. it is to be eaten by us, 3. some should be given to the widow and the poor, 4. you can even use your tithe money to buy beer.

Deut 14:22-29

The Law of the Tithe

22 "Set aside a tithe — a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. 23 Then go to the one place where the Lord your God has chosen to be worshiped; and there in his presence eat the tithes of your grain, wine, and olive oil, and the first-born of your cattle and sheep. Do this so that you may learn to honor the Lord your God always. 24 If the place of worship is too far from your home for you to carry there the tithe of the produce that the Lord has blessed you with, then do this: 25 Sell your produce and take the money with you to the one place of worship. 26 Spend it on whatever you want — beef, lamb, wine, beer — and there, in the presence of the Lord your God, you and your families are to eat and enjoy yourselves.

27 "Do not neglect the Levites who live in your towns; they have no property of their own. 28 At the end of every third year bring the tithe of all your crops and store it in your towns. 29 This food is for the Levites, since they own no property, and for the foreigners, orphans, and widows who live in your towns. They are to come and get all they need. Do this, and the Lord your God will bless you in everything you do.
GNT

that is it. Jesus even asked somebody that came to meet him to ask about the kingdom of God to sell all his properties and give the money to the poor. He said he will have trewasure in heaven. he did not tell him to pay tithe, or bring all the money to him. Read hebrew chapter7, you will discover that Jesus christ cancelled the law of tithe. Shalom.

GOODLUCK!!! grin grin grin
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by lond07: 11:44am On Sep 18, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
So, choose wisely. In case you failed to solve the world's problems, don't fail to solve your personal problem. Its part of the world's problems you have solved.

I just like this extract from your post
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by absoluteSuccess: 12:22pm On Sep 18, 2015
lond07:

I just like this extract from your post
Thanks pal, you know that at some point we always have compassion-fatigue, like 'if I become the president, I will solve many problems'. But dear, if the thought play out, solving problems become part of the problem. You solve one problem only to create another problem. At that time, you no longer have full joy in the dream you have achieved, because now you are the president, but problems are so many than you had ever imagined. So now, you need some toy or break or sin or distractions to compensate yourself and solve some of your own problems. We can't solve all the problems before us, thats why we always solve the biggest one, our own 'need of a lifetime'. It is worth solving.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by hadaydhollarpo(m): 1:54pm On Sep 18, 2015
Diz writer sud watch his back.he sudn't call on d wrath of God. D scripture warned us nt 2judge any1 if we dnt wnt 2be judged. If ur ignorance/social-civilization has made ur brain blurred 2abolished simple spiritual principles u sud rather keep dat 2 ya self else every1 u may av misled tru ur mosquitos-brain might be count against u. Giving/tithe/offering payment are simple biblical doctrine. If av acquired sm earthly knowledge doz dat means u must make million of sould 2slip on d banana peel u have jst thrown on d floor. U gatto find a beta way 2mk known ya self famous. D jet are basically meant 4 d gospel, for quicker, faster n efficient trips 4reaching out 2 d whole world. U can expect deze men of God 2 be disappointed with reschdule of take off/stop overs wc d a norms in aviation sector w/wide. U must av been paid 4 these post, no1 try 2 tarnish God's image n go away with it ask 'Dathan, Koran n Abiram' when conspired against Moses, they were all swallowed up by d ground. As for d succession, u can't dictate 4 God.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by hadaydhollarpo(m): 1:55pm On Sep 18, 2015
Diz writer sud watch his back.he sudn't call on d wrath of God. D scripture warned us nt 2judge any1 if we dnt wnt 2be judged. If ur ignorance/social-civilization has made ur brain blurred 2abolished simple spiritual principles u sud rather keep dat 2 ya self else every1 u may av misled tru ur mosquitoes-brain might be count against u. Giving/tithe/offering payment are simple biblical doctrinal teachings. If u av acquired sm earthly knowledge doz dat means u must make million of sould 2slip on d banana peel u have jst thrown on d floor. U gatto find a beta way 2mk known ya self famous. D jet are basically meant 4 d gospel, for quicker, faster n efficient trips 4reaching out 2 d whole world. U can expect deze men of God 2 be disappointed with reschdule of take off/stop overs wc d a norms in aviation sector w/wide. U must av been paid 4 these post, no1 try 2 tarnish God's image n go away with it ask 'Dathan, Koran n Abiram' when conspired against Moses, they were all swallowed up by d ground. As for d succession, u can't dictate 4 God.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by hadaydhollarpo(m): 1:58pm On Sep 18, 2015
Pst Adeboye wasn't d founder n there was no crisis after d demise of d founder neither will there be any coz God Himself is d Master Organizer diz is a spiritual setting nt a secular org. / democractical setting.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by emmygzy(m): 9:17pm On Sep 18, 2015
GlorifiedTunde:

GOODLUCK!!! grin grin grin
i got you on this one. Hahaha. Pastors will never see all those ones.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by Peteryar2(m): 8:17pm On Dec 13, 2015
Hizzy:

Please sir I love your quote
But can I use it for 2 tinz I want to compose songs with it and I want to use it to create thread.

Many of them don't want to be asked questions
They give dis excuse that God said you shouldn't judge so that you will not be judged but we are not judging but we are asking questions we need answers

I enjoy ur opinion about what's going on in the church 2day. But you are wrong consining your understanding on tithe payment, in the bible there are three Laws,''the law of creation, the law of Moses and the Law of Christ'' though through Christ substitutionary sacrifice, we have been freed from the Law and has been united with God as father and children 2nd Cor 5:21. Tithe is a law of creation though was also listed for the law of moses. Who told Abraham to Marry? No body!! Marriage was a law of creation as well. Who told Abraham to pay tithe to Melshicedec?? No body, Tithe though counted in the Law of Moses was not originally rooted out from there!! B4 the Law tithe already exist the Same way b4 the law marriage already exist. What did gain and Abel did? It was also b4 the law. So the confusion is bcus we don't know when the Law was abolished and when it started, so many mixed Christianity and religion to God. I pray you are not among those who believe tithe payment is a sin, but believes no one is righteous even when we have been made righteous through substitutionary sacrifice. I hope u are not in the group of Christians who believe a Christian will always sin and ask God forgiveness!! 1John 3:6-10. This are the vital knowledge about ur relationship with God.
Re: Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar by Gulfstream: 12:51am On Jan 09, 2016
He's a Facebook King and a pastor with a jet! Pastor Marcus Gill

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Paul Adefarasin Directing Traffic On Lagos Island (Photos) / Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited / Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.