Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Does Love At First Sight Really Exist? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Love At First Sight Really Exist? (927 Views)

"It Wasn't Love At First Sight": Pretty Lady As She Shares Pre-Wedding Photos / Does Love At First Sight Really Exist? / Do Love At First Sight Really Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Love At First Sight Really Exist? by helinues: 3:07am On Sep 18, 2015
Before exploring outer space people used to think that the earth was flat and that you could fall off its edge if you ever went that far.

The same goes for everything else that we don’t understand. People usually try to associate all unknown facts with things they are familiar with and love is no exception to that rule.

Love at first sight exists simply because many of us have been through it before. In most cases, we fall in love to compensate for our unmet needs, when we find someone similar to us, when we find someone who reminds us of a close person we love (like one of our parents for example) or when someone meets our unconscious criteria. The unconscious criteria is simply a list of traits that should be found in a person before we can fall in love with him.

For example if a guy really loved his mother then it’s very likely that his unconscious criteria will include items such as 1) She should look like his mother), She should be as kind as my mother.

What will happen if that guy met a girl who has such traits? What if in addition to all that she was attractive as well? Most probably that guy will develop an instant crush on her, or as we say, love her at the first sight.

People who fall in love at the first sight usually believe in false ideas like "the one" and "soul mate".

Now the question that may have popped into your mind is “Why do I sometimes find someone who is absolutely fantastic, has many good traits but i still never love him at the first sight?”.

The answer is simple: either because he didn’t match your criteria at all or because you are looking for traits that can’t be noticed at the first meeting. That’s why people who care much about physical appearance are more likely to experience love at first sight than others. Because many items in their criteria is dependent on appearance ,which is something that can be noticed quickly, they usually fall in love at the first sight.

The earth is not flat and love is not that mysterious. Read a lot and seek answers so that you can remove these mysteries from you life.

Source: www.facebook.com/forum9ja
Re: Does Love At First Sight Really Exist? by Nobody: 3:13am On Sep 18, 2015
yes I think it does exist. you should check out this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0caRo89910! Creddy F ft Timaya, Dashing Out
Re: Does Love At First Sight Really Exist? by Abbey2878(m): 3:32am On Sep 18, 2015
op to my own understand there is nothing like love at first sight but ladies sometimes believe in it, which is a lie. guys only like at first sight not love
Re: Does Love At First Sight Really Exist? by Nobody: 3:50am On Sep 18, 2015
Sure it does exist once the lady to be loved has enticing front and back commodities.

Men deceiving women since time IMO river. undecided
Re: Does Love At First Sight Really Exist? by Nobody: 4:19am On Sep 18, 2015
SirJeffry:
Sure it does exist once the lady to be loved has enticing front and back commodities.
Men deceiving women since time IMO river. undecided
CREDDY F, follow him on twitter / IG @creddyf.
‎1)Dashing out video link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0caRo89910
Re: Does Love At First Sight Really Exist? by Nobody: 4:27am On Sep 18, 2015
mfonnn:

CREDDY F, follow him on twitter / IG @creddyf.
‎1)Dashing out video link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0caRo89910
And what has the link got to do with me young lady
Re: Does Love At First Sight Really Exist? by Nobody: 4:30am On Sep 18, 2015
SirJeffry:
And what has the link got to do with me young lady
lol just sharing good music. check out the video
Re: Does Love At First Sight Really Exist? by Nobody: 5:23am On Sep 18, 2015
Love at first sight only happens to people who attribute a lot of importance onto physical appearance.

People that value other things that take time to manifest will not be subject to it.

I am a loving example. grin grin
Re: Does Love At First Sight Really Exist? by nnamdibig(m): 7:41am On Sep 18, 2015
Love at first sight can be true to men(not all) but not to women. My reason is this, when a man(most men not all) spent like 15-30mins discussing with a girl or a woman, believe me he can say a lot about her character, her beliefs, the kind of person she is, weather she is a wife material & all that.
Re: Does Love At First Sight Really Exist? by AikayDaWrapper(m): 7:59am On Sep 18, 2015
Yes.

I remember the first time I saw my love about 8 years ago. I though she would be too hard for me and above my league. But I approached her and did everything to make her show me love too. Since then we've got mad at each other, stayed days without talking to each other but at the end we always reconcile.

I love you FIFA game series cheesy

(1) (Reply)

You Are In A Relationship? Now Fix These Things So You Won't Regret Later / Questions For Guys / Ladies Palava

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.