Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,278 members, 7,839,382 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges (22676 Views)

Lawyers In Anti-DSS Protest In Abuja Over Judges Arrest (photos) / Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations / Nigerians Condemn Nba’s Threat Over Judges’ Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 18, 2015
andresia:

anytime I remember I share same country with you, I feel so ashamed! never have seen one soo supportive of corruption like you.

oh, and I have seen pictures of you and you look so wretched!

Sorry dear !! We are in Nigeria and not a banana republic where the president can chose to do whatever he so wants!!

That is why there is seperation of powers to prevent any arm of government from getting too powerful and too corrupt!! Sorry Buhari is finding out in this way
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by onomeasike: 8:25am On Sep 18, 2015
onomeasike:
[size=15pt]Those restrained by the order issued by Justice Valentine Ashi are: Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Inspector General of Police, Department of State Service, DSS, Nigeria Immigration Service, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps and the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission.

Justice Ashi issued the restraining order after listening to arguments from counsel for EFCC, ICPC and DSS and that of Kuku arising from suit No. CV/2695/2015 and a motion marked No: M/9541/2015 before the court[/size]

This Justice Valentine Ashi(very odious meaning in Yoruba) is an example along with those Judges who restrained SEC in the BGL/Albert Okumagba criminal case are the type of Judges Prof Itself Sagay's committee and NJC should investigate and should be derobed,prosecuted !!
What kind of Judge will restrain all law-enforcement agencies of the land because of one individual?Kingsley Kuku might as well carry bomb into Nigeria while the security agencies should fold their arms and watch! Arrant nonsense. angry

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by andresia(m): 8:26am On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

Sorry dear !! We are in Nigeria and not a banana republic where the president can chose to do whatever he so wants!!

That is why there is seperation of powers to prevent any arm of government from getting too powerful and too corrupt!! Sorry Buhari is finding out in this way

continue gloating dude. The country will soon change for the better and we wont have room for characters like you in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by kokoA(m): 8:27am On Sep 18, 2015
Retire all those old corrupt thieves in the high courts and appoint men of integrity as judges. A poor man gets 20 years for stealing a chicken while a big man gets 3million naira fine for stealing 3 billion naira. Haba!

3 Likes

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by funlord(m): 8:28am On Sep 18, 2015
grin
chukwudi44:

Lol!! Which NASS will pass this your bill? Buhari is yet to understand the limits of his powers under a civillian regime!! He would soon find out in an embarrassing way

Well if they can't take on such drastic reforms na to continue to dey rock the suffer head and wahala dey go! But unfortunately we shall remain stuck in this quagmire forever! When the u.s government granted men like "melvin purvis" and " j edgar hoover" the autonomy and the govt. backed laws to restructure the FBI in order to deal with corruption and sanitise the system there were also a few haters that fought back against such reforms even then! But the administration of the time made sure they forged ahead for the greater good of the nation! The choice is buharis and the assemblies to make!

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by bigerboy200: 8:54am On Sep 18, 2015
Flets:
Exactly how you know an inept and unserious government.

After spending over three months screaming probe on the pages of newspaper, they just realized they needed a working judiciary to achieve an anti-corruption probe.

When we said it back then that sanitizing the judiciary was the first move towards corruption fight... they called us wailers and further told us that Buhari will jail all of us as if we were in a military dispensation. Illiteracy is our biggest problem as a country
Every right thinking and even corrupt Nigerians know this.. Fighting corruption isn't abracadabra, Buhari knows right from time that sanitizing the judiciary is key to the fight against corruption,he stated this in many campaign grounds and conferences. The process of appointing judges into the high, appeal and supreme courts isn't an over night something..Osinbanjo masterminded the sanitization of lagos state judiciary, u can almost be sure that he can do the same at the federal level.. and if the rumor about Femi Falana becoming the next Attorney general is anything to go by, then mayb a tsunamic positive change is the air for the judiciary system...just hoping for a better Nigeria..
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by bloodkiIler: 9:03am On Sep 18, 2015
omenka:
The strength of a chain they say is in its weakest link- in this case, our courts.

Buhari's fears isn't without bases indeed as some judges have already began to show their reluctance to do thing rightly- take the judge preventing the prosecution of the senate president on a case bordering on money laundering and theft.

My biggest problem is- as the judges pussyfoot over these, all the blames would be directed at the president and some people would go- there is no difference between Buhari and Jonathan.

God help us.

and you expect a judge to pronounce a judgment without evidence beyond reasonable doubt? just because Buhari is the president or because you want a particular person to be sentenced?

mr omenka you're just a senseless bias dunce grin

3 Likes

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by AdeniyiA(m): 9:04am On Sep 18, 2015
SpermDonor:
Our judiciary is a joke
...& your spéřm is fake! smiley
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by AdeniyiA(m): 9:04am On Sep 18, 2015
SpermDonor:
Our judiciary is a joke

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by bloodkiIler: 9:05am On Sep 18, 2015
midolian the gworo seller

your bullharry is just chasing shadow tell the gworo chewing bastard burukutu sipping gorilla mumuhamado Buhari to focus more on governance
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by damton(m): 9:06am On Sep 18, 2015
Any major anti corruption fight would start from the bench, the are the core of a just and fair society
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by tolexy007(m): 9:06am On Sep 18, 2015
SpermDonor:
Our judiciary is a joke
i tell you
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by Jesusloveyou: 9:07am On Sep 18, 2015
Aufbauh:
This man PMB is truly experienced and tactful. Yet some frustrated fellows will call him dullard. He aptly shared in my fears especially as relates to the judiciary. Going by previous pending cases and the current trend of judges stalling corruption charges against an obvious corrupt cases requires a change of strategy in reforming the judiciary. If he continues in similar path others follows i doubt much will be achieve in his administration.
another simple way, is for d judges to be declaring their assets every year, to curtail any judicial corruption, well, thank God, PMB body language is working,

2 Likes

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by demarc001: 9:10am On Sep 18, 2015
Nigeria system is bound to rubbish all this probing and make nothing out of them!
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by matt2ieu(m): 9:13am On Sep 18, 2015
Corrupt judicial system. Yeah we all know
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by Acidosis(m): 9:14am On Sep 18, 2015
omenka:
The strength of a chain they say is in its weakest link- in this case, our courts.

Buhari's fears isn't without bases indeed as some judges have already began to show their reluctance to do thing rightly- take the judge preventing the prosecution of the senate president on a case bordering on money laundering and theft.

My biggest problem is- as the judges pussyfoot over these, all the blames would be directed at the president and some people would go- there is no difference between Buhari and Jonathan.

God help us.

actually, a difference exists. Jonathan is better

and FYI, Judges do not rely on Omenka-Barcanista online evaluations or Buhari or Shiroro Reporters Investigative-Retrogressive reports; they deal with concrete evidences

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by mmsen: 9:16am On Sep 18, 2015
Why is this man at 72 years of age (and multiple attempts at becoming President) only just coming to grips with the judiciary and the political class in Nigeria?

When he was wasting his time calling for Sharia law and Boko Haram amnesty why did he not campaign for transparency, fiscal federalism, judicial reform or something that would help move the nation forward?

2 Likes

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by j4sure(m): 9:16am On Sep 18, 2015
HMMMMMMMM
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by philips70(m): 9:18am On Sep 18, 2015
andresia:

anytime I remember I share same country with you, I feel so ashamed! never have seen one soo supportive of corruption like you.

oh, and I have seen pictures of you and you look so wretched!

I will pay anything to see the pictures of this wretched and morally bankrupt old man. His folks here are so ashamed of him.

4 Likes

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 18, 2015
andresia:

continue gloating dude. The country will soon change for the better and we wont have room for characters like you in Nigeria.

Sorry dude!! Nigeria will never become a banana republic where the president can do and undo!! If GEJ was allocated such powers you now seek for Buhari,Buhari would not be president today.

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by tete7000(m): 9:19am On Sep 18, 2015
I always say it and still maintain it that holier than thou attitude will be the bane of Buhari's anti corruption war. Judiciary is a separate arm of government. It enjoys the same freedom and privileges as the executive. Reform can only take place with cooperation of its stakeholders. The itsey sagay committee with the arrogant posture of itsey sagay won't achieve much. Setting up a commitee to reform a judiciary without a serving or a retired judge is a waste of time and a stupid thing to do.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by stanech: 9:19am On Sep 18, 2015
He should use his body Language to fight corruption na.

All this blame game. Today blame PDP, tomorrow blame National Assembly and now blame the judiciary.

This dullllArd and his zombies followers are all joke.

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 18, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
another simple way, is for d judges to be declaring their assets every year, to curtail any judicial corruption, well, thank God, PMB body language is working,

Ode the presidency does not have any powers to exercise oversight funtions on the judiciary!!

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by SpermDonor: 9:20am On Sep 18, 2015
AdeniyiA:

Ok, I guess you are the one that have got the Original stuff, why don't you help me out here.

I've got a deal for you Mr Adeniyi, I want 50cl of your original sperm and I will be paying you $1 per cl.

deal ??
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by loreee1(m): 9:21am On Sep 18, 2015
angry grin we are watching
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 18, 2015
tete7000:
I always say it and still maintain it that holier than thou attitude will be the bane of Buhari's anti corruption war. Judiciary is a separate arm of government. It enjoys the same freedom and privileges as the executive. Reform can only take place with cooperation of its stakeholders. The itsey sagay committee with the arrogant posture of itsey sagay won't achieve much. Setting up a commitee to reform a judiciary without a serving or a retired judge is a waste of time and a stupid thing to do.

The useless committee can only make recomendations to the judiciary!! It has no powers to enforce anything!! It is just like someone giving an advice which you can either take or reject.

The judiciary is a seperate arm of Government without any control whatsoever of the president.

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by OAMMB(f): 9:22am On Sep 18, 2015
Judges and legislators are the problem in this country.
Judges granting court injuctions to stop trials and Legislators not passing bills that will enforce anti corruption.
You can imagine how many corrpution cases that have been ajourned to forever in the courts.
odili, fayose, akala, gbenga daniels etc
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by philips70(m): 9:23am On Sep 18, 2015
Acidosis:

actually, a difference exists. Jonathan is better

and FYI, Judges do not rely on Omenka-Barcanista online evaluations or Buhari or Shiroro Reporters Investigative-Retrogressive reports; they deal with concrete evidences

I can hear you from a distance laughing hard at yourself after saying the words in bold.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by 989900: 9:24am On Sep 18, 2015
The Judiciary will be reformed, either you guys like it, or not.
#nonnegotiable

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:27am On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:
Buhari has no constitutional power to regulate the judiciary!!! The useless committee he set will end up wasting our taxpayers money as whatever decisions they reach cannot be implemented unless it becomes law(which of course will have to go through the NASS).

The law currently does the give the president to chose or appoint Judges to handle cases!!! that is the prerogative of the state CJs,CJN,president of the court of appeal and the National Judicial council!!! The president does not exercise control over any of these officials neither can he force them to do his biddings.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Say what you know. During Abacha's regime, the Kayode Esho panel was set up to flush out currupt judges.
Modified.
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 18, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Say what you know. During Abacha's regime, the Kayode Esho panel was set up to flush out currupt judges. Before Abacha could implement it, he died. When Obasanjo came, it's implemented.

Lol funny dude!!! Comparing a military regime to a civillian regime.Abacha could have sacked all the judges and no one would have questioned him!! All he needed to do was to promulgate one useless decree giving him such powers.Buhari on the other hand as a civillian president does not have such powers.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 18, 2015
OAMMB:
Judges and legislators are the problem in this country.
Judges granting court injuctions to stop trials and Legislators not passing bills that will enforce anti corruption.
You can imagine how many corrpution cases that have been ajourned to forever in the courts.
odili, fayose, akala, gbenga daniels etc

You should have included "presidency using DSS,ICPC,CCB and EFCC to witchunt political opponents!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives Jos, Plateau State For A 2-Day Visit (Photos) / Samuel Melaye, Dino Melaye’s Brother Cries Out Over Senator’s Whereabouts / Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.