Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam (18518 Views)

Nigerian Army Sends Apcs, Tanks Not Used In Sambisa Into Igbo ‘biafra’ States / Army Sends 12 Officers To EFCC / 3,032 Pardoned Soldiers Reject Redeployment To N-east To Fight Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 18, 2015
2. Woman wey never see problem... Na im dey still
hold breast run.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Islamicpope:
Is said baba not mercyful? A military man is a military not one zoologist who does not understand military operations. PDP wailing wailers oya cry me a river. grin
Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by Mufasa27(m): 8:48am On Sep 18, 2015
Na so e suppose b !
Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by OAMMB(f): 8:49am On Sep 18, 2015
time to show your worth.
Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by Nuhusky: 8:50am On Sep 18, 2015
If the mistakely see Minimah now I know they will surely shot him 3000 bullets
Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by IceDude(m): 8:57am On Sep 18, 2015
More grease to their elbows, or should i say more bullets to their guns? undecided........Anywayz, God bless the Nigerian Army

1 Like

Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by madridguy(m): 9:03am On Sep 18, 2015
Wonderful write up bro.

Mutuwa:

which pidgin proverb best fits this scenario...

1. Na for old age ashawo dey know the use of
pikin.

hold breast run.

3. Woman wey dey find pikin no dey wear pant
sleep.

4. Rat wey follow lizard enter rain, Na later é go
hear am.

5. Na for afternoon dem dey find black goat.

6. Weather hot!! É No mean say fowl go lay boiled
egg.

7. EYE WEY DEY CRY DEY SEE ROAD.

8. Pikin wey him mama back cross water, wey say
him march fish, wetin him mama go march?

9. Small pikin wey dem carry for back no know say
the journey far.

10. Person wey don faint before no be stranger to
death.
11. Person wey chop belle full, no know wetin
hungry man dey see.

12. No be as woman dey close eye enjoy sex she
dey enjoy labour pains.

13. Yansh no get teeth but e dey cut shit.

14. Lizard wey fall from tall iroko tree, if nobody hail
am!! é go hail himself.

15. Toto water small, but é reach prick take baff.

16. IF GIRL TAKE HUSBAND DO BOYFRIEND, SHE
GO TAKE BOYFRIEND DO HUSBAND.

17. Cockroach wey jam fowl, jam bad luck.

18. Na cricket tell him children say, No matter
how ground strong, Them no go sleep outside.

19. Pikin wey say him mama no fine they use style
call him papa blind man.

20. No be eye wey dem take chop eba dem take
dey share meat.

21. Person wey use Elephant set trap, na him know
wetin he wan Catch.

22. When Breeze Blow Fowl Yash Go Open.

23. STUDENT WEY READ NA HIM SERIOUS, BUT
STUDENT WEY PASS NA HIM KNOW BOOK.

24. Dem no dey tell tortoise say race don start.

25. Dem no dey tell blind man say salt no dey for
food.

26. Before you see monkey, monkey don see you.

27. Thief wey jump fence enter house where owner
dey wait for am, no go jump again.

28. If pikin say he sabi die, him papa sef go tell am
say him sabi bury.

29. Na wetin dey sweet for goat mouth, Na im dey
kill am.

30. If e be like say everybody dey craze" na you
dey craze.

31. Meat wey you dey forbid, no use your teeth cut
am.

My thing and our thing no be the same oh.

1 Like

Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by Seapon(m): 9:12am On Sep 18, 2015
That is my people gallant always we will make it this time Ahuwa 4you all.

Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by idros4real: 9:14am On Sep 18, 2015
A welcome development and this was the violation of human right US was talking about even though I did not trust the Americans. You sent your soldiers to war without equipping them, is like you are indirectly telling them to go and die. May God bless my country Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 18, 2015
good one...
Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 18, 2015
I like grin
Mutuwa:

pikin.

hold breast run.

sleep.

hear am.

egg.

the journey far.

death.
hungry man dey see.

dey enjoy labour pains.

am!! é go hail himself.

call him papa blind man.

dey share meat.

wetin he wan Catch.

food.

say him sabi bury.

kill am.

dey craze.

am.

1 Like

Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by tsalmjohn(m): 9:46am On Sep 18, 2015
gozmok1:
The Nigerian Army has deployed 3,032 pardoned soldiers in the North-East to fight Boko Haram insurgents.

The affected soldiers had been summarily dismissed from the military in 2014 over offences allegedly committed as part of the troops involved in counter insurgency operations in the North-East.

The soldiers were dismissed by their unit commanders at the peak of the Boko Haram attacks in the North-East in 2014.

Many soldiers had at the peak of the battle against Boko Haram last year allegedly disobeyed their commanders and reportedly declined confronting the insurgents with inadequate weapons.

The 3,032 soldiers were among 5,000 dismissed soldiers whose cases were reviewed by a military panel led by the General Officer Commanding, 1 Division, Maj. Gen. Adeniyi Oyebade.

The panel had been set up by the army authorities to revisit the cases of the soldiers in August 2015.

The PUNCH learnt on Thursday that the soldiers had been sent to the 7 Division of the Nigerian Army, Maiduguri, following the completion of a two-week reorientation training programme organised for them at the Nigerian Army Training Centre, Kontagora, Niger State.

It was learnt that the soldiers were deployed last week to strengthen the ongoing fight against the Boko Haram insurgents.

A military source said that the soldiers were moved to the headquarters of the 7 Division, Maiduguri, for deployment in the North East.

The source said, “The Army authorities have re-launched the 3032 soldiers who were granted pardon by the review panel into the mission area.

“The soldiers were moved to the 7 Division Headquarters where they are expected to be deployed in various locations in the conflict area.

“You know that they were moved to the Nigerian Army Training Centre, Kontagora, for a two week training programme for their readmission into the service.

“They completed the course and have been deployed in the North-East sometime last week to add more value to the operation.”

The Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Col. Sani Usman, had said during a briefing on September 3, 2015 that the recalled soldiers had indicated their readiness to return to the operational area.

He said that the training programme was designed to reorient them and prepare them for the last phase of the ongoing campaign against the insurgents in the North East.

Usman had said, “The committee has concluded its sitting last week and has made certain recommendations that led to the reinstatement of 3,032 soldiers into the Nigerian Army out of the 5,000 cases that were reviewed.

“The reinstated soldiers have shown total readiness to be re-launched into the theatre to combat insurgency and have now commenced a retraining exercise at the Nigerian Army Training Centre, Kontagora, Niger State.

“This training is to reorient the affected soldiers and prepare them for this closing stage of the operational aspect of the counter insurgency operations with more weapons and new leadership.”

Meanwhile, the Director of Social Communication, Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos, Msgr. Gabriel Osu, has applauded the decision of the Nigerian military to recall the 3,032 soldiers dismissed by the previous military authorities.

Osu said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Thursday in Lagos.

He described the decision by the military to recall the dismissed soldiers as a morale booster that would encourage troops fighting the insurgents in the northeastern part of the country to do their best.

The cleric said, “We thank God. At least, they have allowed reason to go beyond military style because these guys would have just faced firing squad for nothing.

“If you don’t equip your soldiers, you don’t train them well, you don’t pay them well, don’t expect anything different from whatever has happened.

“This is a very big morale booster; the morale booster is there for them to carry out the presidential task.

“You will see that with backing and with the arms, the soldiers will fight well.

www.punchng.com/news/army-sends-back-pardoned-soldiers-to-fight-bharam/
Makes a lot of sense.
Put them in the battle front.
Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by Neplusultra(f): 9:55am On Sep 18, 2015
Mutuwa:

pikin.

hold breast run.

sleep.

hear am.

egg.

the journey far.

death.
hungry man dey see.

dey enjoy labour pains.

am!! é go hail himself.

call him papa blind man.

dey share meat.

wetin he wan Catch.

food.

say him sabi bury.

kill am.

dey craze.

am.

Lmao!
Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by orunto27: 9:58am On Sep 18, 2015
Very good decision.
Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by chernest2002: 10:01am On Sep 18, 2015
Boko haram have just get about three thousand soldiers on thier side that means more problems for Nigeria. Let's watch.
Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by walozanga(m): 10:05am On Sep 18, 2015
Islamicpope:
Is said baba not mercyful? A military man is a military not one zoologist who does not understand military operations. PDP wailing wailers oya cry me a river. grin

That's a positive step bt u really need a doctor. U dwell too much on the past.

1 Like

Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by Gentlebabs(m): 10:09am On Sep 18, 2015
Waoh! You nailed it, your submission got me emotional...
theV0ice:
Very good.

Time to go and prove the authorities who dismissed them were wrong in doing so.
Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by Gentlebabs(m): 10:14am On Sep 18, 2015
I recently went to Code d'Ivoire, met a Malian chick and I asked "What do do you do you know about Nigeria?" She said "Boko Haram". I immediately entered into "Sober Mode" & said to myself "NEVER AGAIN".
Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by Victor593(m): 10:22am On Sep 18, 2015
I thought this guys would be paid off,as they are tired of fighting this infidels called boko haram
Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by theV0ice: 10:30am On Sep 18, 2015
Gentlebabs:
Waoh! You nailed it, your submission got me emotional...

Its the truth bro
Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by lonelydora: 11:26am On Sep 18, 2015
I hope their state of mind have been restored normally. Make them no revolt begin shoot soldiers instead of enemies.
Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by CSTR2: 11:26am On Sep 18, 2015
Very dangerous precedence. We will see.
Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by Dindondin(m): 11:33am On Sep 18, 2015
free2ryhme:
The first time I read 5,000 military officers were dismissed for alleged treasonable offences the first question I asked myself was were the accused soldiers adequately equipped and sufficiently paid My answer came when the alleged N5.5B arms deals ended in private pockets under GEJ administration. ThankGod, for PMB's clemency and deep sense of reasoning, the so called "illiterate president" has now given, 5,000 condemned soldiers the opportunity to live again, this is good news for their respective families at least they can all rejoice over this clemency, goodnews for the renewed fight against Boko boys and a big boost to the nation as a whole. Thank you General Buratai, Thank you the panel of judges in this previously unfortunate case and Thanks to Baba for a decision that gladdens the heart of 170million Nigerians, may your reign and your days be long Insha allah, in Jesus name...Ameeen!!! Amen!!!!
that is why people like SeveruSnape, OZOAEKPE and Barcanistar are unrighteous. They only pick faults in this present govt. Just imagine if Buhari's govt was the one that sentenced those soldiers.
Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by stildude(m): 12:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
Many people are ust not seeing beyond their noses. The recall of those soldiers to me is nothing but a strategic decision. The NA needs more men to fight boko boys, and has since since been seeking enlistment. It is then imperative for them to get already trained men with experience and send them back to fight. Now, for the soldiers, it is simply a matter of having to choose between the devil and the deep blue sea. They will count the gesture of their recall a blessing if they make it out of sambisa alife. Stop insulting GEJ. Before GEJ, soldiers were sentenced to death for asking for what was due them after they returned from AU/UN missions oversea. It is simply corruption or if you like call it discipline in the army. The army always argue the discipline in the military must not be treated with kid gloves. Let's see how this will play out for Nigeria
, the army and the soldiers 10 years from now
Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by bummyla(m): 12:38pm On Sep 18, 2015
make they go die there abi?! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by lastmanstandn(m): 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2015
So GEJ would have thrown 3000 soldiers away just like that?. Wow. 3,000? Let's also consider that it costs more than 400,000 naira to create a Nigeria soldier.
Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by abimic(m): 2:39pm On Sep 18, 2015
modath:
How is this news?Nigerian media be doing the most aswear, are soldiers commissioned to wear camo & do road block duties on highways?

They were let go by enemies of Nigeria's stability for sinister & unjustifiable reasons, reinstated by a lover of Nigeria, case closed.

Or maybe this kind of nonsense has made people forget their primary function, it is an aberration to see soldiers in the city.
This might not be news to you, but it's to majority of others like Me. Knowing what affects our men in active service, how they fair is a collective effort. If it wasn't news, u never should have commented. Replying a fool shows how foolish the two are. So brother, this is news!

Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by igbanbajo(m): 2:59pm On Sep 18, 2015
Mutuwa:

pikin.

hold breast run.

sleep.

hear am.

egg.

the journey far.

death.
hungry man dey see.

dey enjoy labour pains.

am!! é go hail himself.

call him papa blind man.

dey share meat.

wetin he wan Catch.

food.

say him sabi bury.

kill am.

dey craze.

am.

Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 18, 2015
Mutuwa:

1. Na for old age ashawo dey know the use of pikin.
2. Woman wey never see problem... Na im dey still hold breast run.
3. Woman wey dey find pikin no dey wear pant sleep.
4. Rat wey follow lizard enter rain, Na later é go hear am.
6. Weather hot!! É No mean say fowl go lay boiled egg.
8. Pikin wey him mama back cross water, wey say him march fish, wetin him mama go march?
9. Small pikin wey dem carry for back no know say the journey far.
10. Person wey don faint before no be stranger to death. 11. Person wey chop belle full, no know wetin hungry man dey see.
12. No be as woman dey close eye enjoy sex she dey enjoy labour pains.
14. Lizard wey fall from tall iroko tree, if nobody hail am!! é go hail himself.
16. IF GIRL TAKE HUSBAND DO BOYFRIEND, SHE GO TAKE BOYFRIEND DO HUSBAND.
18. Na cricket tell him children say, No matter how ground strong, Them no go sleep outside.
19. Pikin wey say him mama no fine they use style call him papa blind man.
20. No be eye wey dem take chop eba dem take dey share meat.
21. Person wey use Elephant set trap, na him know wetin he wan Catch.
23. STUDENT WEY READ NA HIM SERIOUS, BUT STUDENT WEY PASS NA HIM KNOW BOOK.
25. Dem no dey tell blind man say salt no dey for food.
27. Thief wey jump fence enter house where owner dey wait for am, no go jump again.
28. If pikin say he sabi die, him papa sef go tell am say him sabi bury.
29. Na wetin dey sweet for goat mouth, Na im dey kill am.
30. If e be like say everybody dey craze" na you dey craze.
31. Meat wey you dey forbid, no use your teeth cut am.
hahaha!!!in facct nah this one sweet me pass wetin OP post

1. No matter how rugged the c0ck is,it can't destroy the vahjahnah. 2 . It requires a lot of carefullness to kill the fly that perches on the scrotum 3 . If the throat can grant passage to a knife , the anus should wonder how to expel it 4. The frown on the face of the goat will not stop it from being taken to the market 5. An old lady feels uneasy when dry bones are mentioned in a proverb 6. The same sun that melts the wax , hardens the clay 7. If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there 8. There is no virgin in a maternity ward 9. A child can play with its mother 's breasts, but not its father' s testicles 10. He who goes to sleep with an itching anus wakes up with smelly fingers
Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by neocortex: 3:43pm On Sep 18, 2015
free2ryhme:
The first time I read 5,000 military officers were dismissed for alleged treasonable offences the first question I asked myself was were the accused soldiers adequately equipped and sufficiently paid My answer came when the alleged N5.5B arms deals ended in private pockets under GEJ administration. ThankGod, for PMB's clemency and deep sense of reasoning, the so called "illiterate president" has now given, 5,000 condemned soldiers the opportunity to live again, this is good news for their respective families at least they can all rejoice over this clemency, goodnews for the renewed fight against Boko boys and a big boost to the nation as a whole. Thank you General Buratai, Thank you the panel of judges in this previously unfortunate case and Thanks to Baba for a decision that gladdens the heart of 170million Nigerians, may your reign and your days be long Insha allah, in Jesus name...Ameeen!!! Amen!!!!

The question you failed to ask now is if Buhari has bought a single title for the army since he became president.
Their brave colleagues stood their ground and routed Boko haram with the same "lack of
equipment"
The same equipment the cowards soldiers claim is obsolete what they will still be using
to fight , so how was their dismissal wrong or are you one of the dismissed ?
Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by Mutuwa(m): 3:46pm On Sep 18, 2015
shadowgwalker:
hahaha!!!in facct nah this one sweet me pass wetin OP post

1. No matter how rugged the c0ck is,it can't destroy the vahjahnah.
2 . It requires a lot of carefullness to
kill the fly that perches
on the scrotum
3 . If the throat can grant passage to
a knife , the anus
should wonder how to expel it
4. The frown on the face of the goat
will not stop it from
being taken to the market
5. An old lady feels uneasy when dry
bones are mentioned
in a proverb
6. The same sun that melts the wax ,
hardens the clay
7. If you don't know where you are
going, any road will
take you there
8. There is no virgin in a maternity
ward
9. A child can play with its mother
's breasts, but not its
father' s testicles
10. He who goes to sleep with an
itching anus wakes up
with smelly fingers

hahahahahahahahaa.. grin
na u MUGU pass..
hahahahahahaha
Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by camoung: 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2015
How about those first set that were sentence to death? And also the ones awaiting trials? They are all locked up underground cell @ SIB in Lagos.... Gen Brutai should release them, we re following carefully.
Re: Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam by jonnieoneng: 4:45pm On Sep 18, 2015
stildude:
Many people are ust not seeing beyond their noses. The recall of those soldiers to me is nothing but a strategic decision. The NA needs more men to fight boko boys, and has since since been seeking enlistment. It is then imperative for them to get already trained men with experience and send them back to fight. Now, for the soldiers, it is simply a matter of having to choose between the devil and the deep blue sea. They will count the gesture of their recall a blessing if they make it out of sambisa alife. Stop insulting GEJ. Before GEJ, soldiers were sentenced to death for asking for what was due them after they returned from AU/UN missions oversea. It is simply corruption or if you like call it discipline in the army. The army always argue the discipline in the military must not be treated with kid gloves. Let's see how this will play out for Nigeria
, the army and the soldiers 10 years from now
I do not understand what you mean by your commentary but I believe what GMB has done is not because there are no more Soldiers to fight .Only a Stupid C-in -C will dismiss 5000 Soldiers during War time GMB just corrected GEJ's mistake

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP / The Commissioning Of Ekiti State High Court Complex (Photos) / Osinbajo: Seizure Of Funds By Obasanjo Made Lagos Think Like Sovereign State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.