Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,703 members, 7,809,673 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP (18499 Views)

Hundreds Of PDP Members Defect To APC In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / APC Members Defect To PDP In Jigawa / APC Members Defect To PDP In Edo (2014) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by HzRF(m): 12:48pm On Aug 04, 2016
– Over 700 APC members dumped the party for the PDP in Ovia North East LGA of Edo state

– The former APC members announced their defection at a PDP campaign rally in Okada

– PDP governorship candidate, Pastor Ize-Iyamu said Oshiomhole was behaving as if he was pursuing a third term agenda

No fewer than 700 members of the All Progressive Congress (APC) defected to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ovia North East local government area of Edo state on Wednesday, August 3.

Friday Ighodaro, an APC leader in Ovia, led the defectors who were from various communities in Ovia North East, The Nation reports.

Other leaders of the APC who defected with their supporters were Stephen Osagie, Ifeanyi Okolie, Iredia Samuel and Peter Igbinedion.

They announced their defection at a campaign rally of the PDP which held at Okada, hometown of Chief Gabriel Igbinedion, the Esama of Benin Kingdom.

According to Ighodaro, they defected because the APC “is a one-party”.

Also speaking, Osagie said the defectors from Ulakpa community decided to quit the APC because the road leading to their community was graded by the lawmaker representing Ovia federal constituency, Barr. Omosede Igbinedion.

Addressing the people, Omosede said her father, Chief Igbinedion turned Okada village into a town and Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, the governorship candidate of the PDP, will turn it into a city.

She urged the people to show the ‘short man’ (referring to Governor Adams Oshiomhole) that he failed them through the ballot papers.

Son his part, the state chairman of the PDP, Chief Dan Orbih, accused Governor Oshiomhole of spending N90m monthly to maintain water fountain at the Oba Ovoranmwen Square in Benin City at a time residence lacked water to drink.

At the campaign rally to show support for Pastor Ize-Iyamu, were seven PDP members in the House of Representatives.

They were minority leader, Leo Ogor, Hon Uzoma Abumka, Hon Ladi Adekoto, Hon Sambo Garuba, Hon Oghene Ego and Hon Tunji Soyinka.

Pastor Ize-Iyamu said Oshiomhole was behaving as if he was pursuing a third term agenda.

“I feel sad when I hear Oshiomhole insult people like Chief Igbinedion when it was Chief Igbinedion that helped him to power. He should have told the people what he did in the past eight years he resorted to insulting elders,” he said.

Ize-Iyamu gave the assurance that he will partner with businesses to develop the state and improve the lives of the people.

The Edo state governorship election is scheduled for September 10. As the election draws closer, politicians have been moving from one party to the other.

The campaign director of PDP governorship candidate, Mallam Balarable Saidu, quit the party for the ruling APC.

Also, a former gubernatorial candidate with the APC and cousin to the APC governorship candidate, Don-Pedro Obaseki decided to defect to the PDP.

An elderstatesman from the Obaseki family of Benin, Chief Osayuki Obaseki, asked Don-Pedro to apologise to the family for campaigning for Pastor Ize-Iyamu of the PDP instead of his own cousin, Obaseki who is the governorship candiadte of the APC.

https://www.naij.com/915050-mass-defection-apc-leaders-supporters-shock-party-defect-pdp.html

8 Likes

Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by chocolateme(f): 12:49pm On Aug 04, 2016
Wetin dey pursue them go PDP?
When they were told to join the wailers association, they refused and were zombishly following Oshiii.
Proudly..

Wailers association

FTC
CHOCOLATEME

25 Likes

Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by Trailblazer1(m): 12:53pm On Aug 04, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin

Amaechi did worse than Oshiomhole, he thought that fighting GEJ and talking trash to the media was going to make him more popular

But the electorates were watching him with their PVC, waiting for the D- day,
what was the result; Amaechi's stooge Dakuku lost by close to 1million votes grin

Oshiomhole didnt learn from that but continued in his foolery,

what will be the result by September undecided

His stooge Obaseki will be humiliated at the polls grin grin

Like Amaechi like Oshiomhole

Like Dakuku like Obaseki

Unfortunate clowns grin grin grin grin

127 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 04, 2016
PDP will be like, we don win.
Bad politics
Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by saintikechi(m): 1:02pm On Aug 04, 2016
Oshomole ntoor

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by obaiIaIa(m): 1:32pm On Aug 04, 2016
lalasticlala, let the whole world see this..
Some people go cry heavy tears today oooo.
grin grin cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by Landloard01(m): 1:32pm On Aug 04, 2016
ok
Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by obaiIaIa(m): 1:33pm On Aug 04, 2016
lalasticlala, let the whole world see this..
Some people go cry heavy tears today oooo.
grin grin cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:41pm On Aug 04, 2016

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:46pm On Aug 04, 2016
I don't assume who anyone will vote for till Election Day cool
Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by Vicadonis(m): 1:47pm On Aug 04, 2016
They have started. Shameless polithiefcians.
I just pity the youths that carry this selfish peoples matter on their head instead of focusing on their future

3 Likes

Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by Nature8(m): 2:08pm On Aug 04, 2016
Lol.. cheesy
Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by dunkem21(m): 2:13pm On Aug 04, 2016
grin
Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 04, 2016
Lol... defection galore.....
Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by OfficialAwol(m): 3:11pm On Aug 04, 2016
You hit the nail on the head there. My only problem is the fact that some people have chosen irrationality over sensibility by constant defense of stupidity of some of these politicians. Till now, I can't tell what Godwin Obaseki intends to for the people of Edo. It's only Adams that keeps speaking for him which means that Adams may possibly govern for him.

Edo people should vote sentimentally for Ize-Iyamu, so that together we can tell Tinubu that his charm can't work on Nigerians

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by rusep: 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2016
k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by seunwen2(m): 3:14pm On Aug 04, 2016
Good move by the APC members

3 Likes

Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 04, 2016
Amazing decision

1 Like

Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by Jirate(m): 3:19pm On Aug 04, 2016
Very Soon, all these Nonsense dancing by APC will Stop, I Can't wait to cast my Vote for PDP and Pastor Osagie Ize Iyamu. cool
Haters are free to Hate.............., I Careless.

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by NameChecker: 3:19pm On Aug 04, 2016
Really?
Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by mmsen: 3:19pm On Aug 04, 2016
These people have no integrity.

Neither party does.

1 Like

Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by bokohalal(m): 3:20pm On Aug 04, 2016
Y'all should stop wasting your time. The truth that is carved in stone is that PDP cannot win in Edo State.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 04, 2016
Hmmm...hw many con remain
Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 04, 2016
hahaha....... It is not by dancing up and down like a Clown ..if you like go and ask Ameachi...lol

PDP has won in EDO state not even a magician can change it...

20 Likes

Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by Femich18(m): 3:23pm On Aug 04, 2016
How does that stop APC from winning in Edo State. Even if 1Million of them defects to PDP it doesn't stop APC from winning..The defectors just defected for the sake of their stomach..... Selfishness at its peak

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by izzou(m): 3:23pm On Aug 04, 2016
OfficialAwol:
You hit the nail on the head there. My only problem is the fact that some people have chosen irrationality over sensibility by constant defense of stupidity of some of these politicians. Till now, I can't tell what Godwin Obaseki intends to for the people of Edo. It's only Adams that keeps speaking for him which means that Adams may possibly govern for him.

Edo people should vote sentimentally for Ize-Iyamu, so that together we can tell Tinubu that his charm can't work on Nigerians

So even if the pastor might be worse(am not saying he is), they should just vote for him just because of your dislike for tinubu?

I think you should put aside feelings and look for records

I dont support obaseki too but your reason was why i quoted you cool

3 Likes

Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by Ayoswit(f): 3:23pm On Aug 04, 2016
gud for them
Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by Philinho(m): 3:24pm On Aug 04, 2016
After all the dance by Oshomole!? chei.

1 Like

Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by jtjohn(m): 3:25pm On Aug 04, 2016
PDP governorship candidate, Pastor Ize-Iyamu said Oshiomhole was
behaving as if he was pursuing a third term agenda.....he just said it all, watch the campaign on channel TV benin u will understand......oshio do more of the speech than the obaseki the (candidate)..........

8 Likes

Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 04, 2016
kh

20 Likes

Re: Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP by Femich18(m): 3:28pm On Aug 04, 2016
izzou:

So even if the pastor might be worse(am not saying he is), they should just vote for him just because of your dislike for tinubu?

I think you should put aside feelings and look for records

I dont support obaseki too but your reason was why i quoted you cool
Lol... .Just to prove to Tinubu that his charm can't work? Lol. .Why not vote base who he think will deliver....wetin concern Tinubu with Edo State. tell ur friend make him dey reason well

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari, Aisha With Officials Of Nigerian Embassy In Turkey (Photos) / Tinubu, Yahaya Bello In Closed-Door Meeting / Edo: Why Deputy Governor's Budgetary Allocation Was Slashed - Speaker, Agbebaku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.