Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,066 members, 7,845,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) (67979 Views)

Nigerian Celebrity Caricature Drawings (Pictures) / OMG... Aisha Buhari's Stylish Cape Dress Costs Over N1.2million (see Photo) / Top 10 Eligible Nigerian Celebrity Bachelors (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by money121(m): 9:07am On Sep 18, 2015
Ok

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 18, 2015
Pls
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by PriNceNova(m): 9:08am On Sep 18, 2015
Nonsensen, total rubbish! When the 49years old fashion designer can make practically anythin out of fabric for a far lesser token. Tcheeew!
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by southernbelle(f): 9:08am On Sep 18, 2015
dominique:
So Deola said her father never supported her dreams yet she had a massive showroom in her father's Elizade plaza as far back as late 90s when she started out. People like to add a little jaara to their stories to make it more interesting.

of course she must have gotten support one way or another but trust some of us, the 'i made it on my own' gist is more enticing. smiley
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by dominique(f): 9:09am On Sep 18, 2015
TOEZOFFICIAL:

When u've got extra bucks to spend, trust me u'll spend more !

I don't think so. Our personal priorities differ. I can never spend so much on a clothing item.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by crazygod(m): 9:10am On Sep 18, 2015
dominique:

So Deola said her father never supported her dreams yet she had a massive showroom in her father's Elizade plaza as far back as late 90s when she started out. People like to add a little jaara to their stories to make it more interesting.

U're so right. Abi its possible she paid her father rent.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Sijo01(f): 9:10am On Sep 18, 2015
Aren't we entitle to see some of her work?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by sheddo619(m): 9:12am On Sep 18, 2015
midolian:
lol
sure na,bros am not bragging oo but there was a suit I wore Some other time worth 15k after a couple of days I saw a Nigerian minister with the same type of suit but worth more than if not 10x expensive than mine
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Balkan(m): 9:12am On Sep 18, 2015
Yorubas and lies! God have mercy

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by NICOGRAVITY: 9:12am On Sep 18, 2015
You don't have to work with oil company to make it.
Use your God given BRAIN.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by theenii: 9:14am On Sep 18, 2015
My role model smileyjust love her and Lanre Da silver too.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Lilswaghanxum(m): 9:15am On Sep 18, 2015
Person go wear the cloth fly on the rapture day
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Zuris: 9:16am On Sep 18, 2015
allanphash7:
Is she married
Yes. Her husband is Sagoe.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Zuris: 9:19am On Sep 18, 2015
dominique:

Exactly what I was thinking.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:20am On Sep 18, 2015
I would rather invest dat 700k on d less previlledged rather dan squander it for a material thing....abi d cloth dey resurrect pson wen don die?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by missKiffy(f): 9:20am On Sep 18, 2015
kennyman2000:
mheeennn.. 700k? Na 3 plots of land for my area some people dey wear for body so.. Chai.. God punish poverty.
cheesy
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by missKiffy(f): 9:21am On Sep 18, 2015
allanphash7:
Is she married
What is ur own
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Goddygee(m): 9:21am On Sep 18, 2015
Chisos ! E no go beta for porverty... 700k? Na person complete 4 year fees b dat o...
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by agarawu23(m): 9:23am On Sep 18, 2015
TOEZOFFICIAL:

When u've got extra bucks to spend, trust me u'll spend more !
dangote gat enough but he will never spend 700k on a single dress.

Only stolen money can be spent lavishly like that

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by dominique(f): 9:30am On Sep 18, 2015
agarawu23:
dangote gat enough but he will never spend 700k on a single dress.

Only stolen money can be spent lavishly like that

I'm telling you, only accidental billionaires can spend so much on clothing. if You work hard for your money, you will never spend so much on a piece of cloth.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by idros4real: 9:30am On Sep 18, 2015
People like her are those that will bought such. If you give me #700,000 I will produce 500 of those cloth for you because I am a fashion designer too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by harry509: 9:33am On Sep 18, 2015
databoy247:
Deola Sagoe is a celebrity Nigerian fashion designer. I call her this because she has now become a celebrity icon in Nigerian fashion industry. She started designing in 1998 and received practically no support from her wealthy father. Currently, she now has a thriving fashion designing business called House of Deola Sagoe situated in Lagos with over 20 foreign staff (Chinese) and has won numerous awards including her participation at the just concluded New York Fashion week.

She works with native Nigerian fabrics like “Adire” and “Aso Oke” in designing most of her clothes. She is one of the most influential tailors in Nigeria with extensive client base within and outside Nigeria.

In a recent interview with Al Jazeera, Deola says; “my father told me if i have any idea how much i will make selling cars compared to selling clothes? But if that is what you want to do, then count me out. I will not be involved. So my solo journey began.”

Her father started making money when he got his first job as a Toyota sales man back in 1971. He did a record sale of 40 cars in 4 weeks. 6 years later he took over the Toyota franchise in Nigeria. And since then, he never looked back!He is currently one of the biggest investors in Nigerian Tourism Industry. He wanted her to take work with him and one day take over his business empire but she stubbornly declined.

Now, House of Deola Sagoe is the number one go-to by who is who in Nigeria for clothes designs and Her dresses can cost as much as N700,000 (per one). WOW!

Her father practically told her she was wasting her time doing this business and when she starts winning awards, he became proud of her and recently, he admittedly said he never knew that “this was her calling”.

This has proved that if you have a dream, don’t let anyone stop you. And with proper dedication and hard work, you will excel. For upcoming fashion designers, Deola Sagoe is one icon worth emulating.

http://thenigerian.com.ng/index.php/2015/09/18/meet-the-nigerian-celebrity-tailor-whose-dress-costs-as-much-as-n700000/

Cc: Lalasticlala
700k for jst clothes? Hmmmmmm! Na wa ooh. It's well ooh.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by ExInferis(m): 9:35am On Sep 18, 2015
midolian:
700,000 waaaat! shocked

What are her dresses made of? shocked

I trust Dangote. Though very rich, knows the value of money, and would think twice before patronizing her

You'd be surprised how much his suits, shoes and watches cost.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by stag: 9:35am On Sep 18, 2015
DankemzI:
700k for what even the clothes Merlin & Jesus wore Tru out their life time no cost like this!
Clothes Wey go wash

Falls from mango tree grin

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Marksule(m): 9:38am On Sep 18, 2015
IMPOSIBLE
THEM NO DE WASH THE CLOTH shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by sladimeji(m): 9:40am On Sep 18, 2015
DankemzI:
700k for what even the clothes Merlin & Jesus wore Tru out their life time no cost like this!
Clothes Wey go wash
Think before you type oo...in your life don't you ever make reference to Jesus
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by funkyglitz: 9:40am On Sep 18, 2015
Its not all about class ooooo its all about ur mentality and personality sm1 buyin a cloth of 700k might be 4 show off and impress her personality buh sm might decide to invest or hlp al dis orphanage homes or his 4gotten kinsmen in d village dan tryin 2 impress the world

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by bamac(m): 9:43am On Sep 18, 2015
#700,000 fit change some ppl life o..
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by elderhimself(m): 9:43am On Sep 18, 2015
700k...... Angel Michael, Gabriel and Raphael dae stamp and wear d clothes??..... Does she uses needle and threads made of gold and diamond??.... I hope those materials are anti-burn, anti-rust, anti-steal(with alarm) and with a lifetime insurance certificate

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by deiikonac(m): 9:45am On Sep 18, 2015

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by pTomz(m): 9:46am On Sep 18, 2015
political money indeed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adewale Adeleke Kisses Girlfriend As She Graduates From Georgetown University / Paul Okoye 'Rudeboy' Joins #EndSARS Protest In Lagos (Photo) / Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.