Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,118 members, 7,845,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) (67983 Views)

Nigerian Celebrity Caricature Drawings (Pictures) / OMG... Aisha Buhari's Stylish Cape Dress Costs Over N1.2million (see Photo) / Top 10 Eligible Nigerian Celebrity Bachelors (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by olaolulazio(m): 9:47am On Sep 18, 2015
Maybe she sew it with gold!

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Chartey(m): 9:55am On Sep 18, 2015
Daniel058:
Nwanyi oma

how many people that read professional courses in Nigeria make as much she makes.... grin
millionaire tailor, probably she didn't go to UNI, and yet making it big. .

E be like say my future pikin go learn work from im hand oooo grin
Undergraduate at University of Miami and Masters in Finance and Management from Unilag. Education is always important. Never make the mistake of thinking otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Berrymoss(f): 9:57am On Sep 18, 2015
pretydiva:
I love d fact dat oyibo's r working under her cheesy..nor b only us sabi work under dem
Racist grin
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 18, 2015
databoy247:
Deola Sagoe is a celebrity Nigerian fashion designer. I call her this because she has now become a celebrity icon in Nigerian fashion industry. She started designing in 1998 and received practically no support from her wealthy father. Currently, she now has a thriving fashion designing business called House of Deola Sagoe situated in Lagos with over 20 foreign staff (Chinese) and has won numerous awards including her participation at the just concluded New York Fashion week.

She works with native Nigerian fabrics like “Adire” and “Aso Oke” in designing most of her clothes. She is one of the most influential tailors in Nigeria with extensive client base within and outside Nigeria.

In a recent interview with Al Jazeera, Deola says; “my father told me if i have any idea how much i will make selling cars compared to selling clothes? But if that is what you want to do, then count me out. I will not be involved. So my solo journey began.”

Her father started making money when he got his first job as a Toyota sales man back in 1971. He did a record sale of 40 cars in 4 weeks. 6 years later he took over the Toyota franchise in Nigeria. And since then, he never looked back!He is currently one of the biggest investors in Nigerian Tourism Industry. He wanted her to take work with him and one day take over his business empire but she stubbornly declined.

Now, House of Deola Sagoe is the number one go-to by who is who in Nigeria for clothes designs and Her dresses can cost as much as N700,000 (per one). WOW!

Her father practically told her she was wasting her time doing this business and when she starts winning awards, he became proud of her and recently, he admittedly said he never knew that “this was her calling”.

This has proved that if you have a dream, don’t let anyone stop you. And with proper dedication and hard work, you will excel. For upcoming fashion designers, Deola Sagoe is one icon worth emulating.

http://thenigerian.com.ng/index.php/2015/09/18/meet-the-nigerian-celebrity-tailor-whose-dress-costs-as-much-as-n700000/

Cc: Lalasticlala

Not beefing her or anything , her success would have been influenced by contacts from her family's connection. Even with the connections she would still need to have that business acumen only very few have so I still give her respect to turn her dreams to reality.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by mrtantalizers(m): 10:05am On Sep 18, 2015
allanphash7:
Is she married
Google is ur friend
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Okies27(m): 10:06am On Sep 18, 2015
databoy247:
Deola Sagoe is a celebrity Nigerian fashion designer. I call her this because she has now become a celebrity icon in Nigerian fashion industry. She started designing in 1998 and received practically no support from her wealthy father. Currently, she now has a thriving fashion designing business called House of Deola Sagoe situated in Lagos with over 20 foreign staff (Chinese) and has won numerous awards including her participation at the just concluded New York Fashion week.

She works with native Nigerian fabrics like “Adire” and “Aso Oke” in designing most of her clothes. She is one of the most influential tailors in Nigeria with extensive client base within and outside Nigeria.

In a recent interview with Al Jazeera, Deola says; “my father told me if i have any idea how much i will make selling cars compared to selling clothes? But if that is what you want to do, then count me out. I will not be involved. So my solo journey began.”

Her father started making money when he got his first job as a Toyota sales man back in 1971. He did a record sale of 40 cars in 4 weeks. 6 years later he took over the Toyota franchise in Nigeria. And since then, he never looked back!He is currently one of the biggest investors in Nigerian Tourism Industry. He wanted her to take work with him and one day take over his business empire but she stubbornly declined.

Now, House of Deola Sagoe is the number one go-to by who is who in Nigeria for clothes designs and Her dresses can cost as much as N700,000 (per one). WOW!

Her father practically told her she was wasting her time doing this business and when she starts winning awards, he became proud of her and recently, he admittedly said he never knew that “this was her calling”.

This has proved that if you have a dream, don’t let anyone stop you. And with proper dedication and hard work, you will excel. For upcoming fashion designers, Deola Sagoe is one icon worth emulating.

http://thenigerian.com.ng/index.php/2015/09/18/meet-the-nigerian-celebrity-tailor-whose-dress-costs-as-much-as-n700000/

. Shit, lemme tell u something...gerrara here men ,shit.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by DankemzI(m): 10:08am On Sep 18, 2015
sladimeji:

Think before you type oo...in your life don't you ever make reference to Jesus

Why? Am a Christian, I call on him to petition his father in behalf of my sins. Am entitled to call on him a million times. Understand
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:17am On Sep 18, 2015
dominique:
I heard Zizi Cardow's dresses are just as expensive. If you see the pricetags on Nigeria's A list designers, you'll almost grasp for air. I can never spend that much on clothing no matter how much I acquire.

So Deola said her father never supported her dreams yet she had a massive showroom in her father's Elizade plaza as far back as late 90s when she started out. People like to add a little jaara to their stories to make it more interesting.

Maybe she started in the 20s, and her father didn't support her until the 90s.

She hustled, by herself, for 70 years.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by DONFASZY(m): 10:18am On Sep 18, 2015
wit 700k.... eack 6-7k clean native dress. all na wash....any1 wey do dis shi greedy die
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Canme4u(m): 10:23am On Sep 18, 2015
mayorjosh:
This woman is Elizade's daughter

They interviewed her on aljazeera

Her clothes are overhyped.its just normal lace and ankara

L8r dem go talk sey pple no dey patronise dem...hw dem go buy wen niggas n baes dey buy bend-down-select #200... grin

yeah, I watched the documentary this morning.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by dejibuoy(m): 10:27am On Sep 18, 2015
midolian:
lol...stolen political money indeed

midolian:
lol...stolen political money indeed
lolz
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by wonlasewonimi: 10:28am On Sep 18, 2015
agarawu23:
dangote gat enough but he will never spend 700k on a single dress.

Only stolen money can be spent lavishly like that

As if you know dangote's indulgence. There are tailors for the masses and there are tailors for the rich. Taste differs!
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by BTT(m): 10:29am On Sep 18, 2015
She was the focal point of a magazine programme My Nigeria on Aljazera yesterday.

Was I very impressed.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by aprilwise(m): 10:34am On Sep 18, 2015
Where is her company located? My girlfriend wanna learn fashion designing after graduation from university. I want her to learn there.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Hembelembe: 10:35am On Sep 18, 2015
@op, pls does she have a fashion schoo? If yes, where in Lagos is it located and how much is for d training?.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 18, 2015
Op just because Aljazeera News Network showed her biography yesterday una nor go allow person hear word again. Her Billionaire father who is Incharge of Toyota Motors Sales Nationwide support her jorrr. But I like the woman for her simplicity and passion for what she does for a living even when her father wanted her to forget about Tailor and join the family business. What really got my attention to watch the documentary was when her father was being interviewed on how he got to where he is right now, a billionaire!. From the way the man spoke, it seems simplicity runs in his blood. I go like work for that man I swear
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by chukslawrence(m): 10:39am On Sep 18, 2015
Hmm... Two 60 by 120 at idafa ikorodu
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Iwonimi(m): 10:50am On Sep 18, 2015
I wonder ooo
neweraomo:
Will I wear it on the day of judgement

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Iwonimi(m): 10:51am On Sep 18, 2015
My own full plot self 500k I bought @ ogijo ikorodu
chukslawrence:
Hmm... Two 60 by 120 at idafa ikorodu
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Mavor: 10:51am On Sep 18, 2015
Did you say 20 Chinese staff members? And they are Nigerians looking for jobs all over? This fu<king country sha!!! We are our worst enemies.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by ceejay80s(m): 10:51am On Sep 18, 2015
databoy247:

Guy do u know mudi?
He sews cloth for 1,2 and 3 milion naira
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 18, 2015
sladimeji:

Think before you type oo...in your life don't you ever make reference to Jesus
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 18, 2015
After buying, if dry cleaner mistakenly burn am nko undecided
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 18, 2015
I bought one from her last week, great design.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by actoor(m): 11:03am On Sep 18, 2015
NifemiOlu:
How many of you are aware she took part in the movie October 1? She was Funmilayo Ransom-Kuti. Very funny scene.
She designed the clothes worn by the colonial masters in the movie. Very creative woman.

They must include her in the movie because, Her father sponsour the movie with cash and the Location Ikogusi(Ekiti)
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Holuwakemmy16(f): 11:04am On Sep 18, 2015
Point of correction we are not tailor,we r fashion designer.am proud to be one.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by dammmy(m): 11:08am On Sep 18, 2015
midolian:
700,000 waaaat! shocked

What are her dresses made of? shocked

I trust Dangote. Though very rich, knows the value of money, and would think twice before patronizing her(to buy a dress for his wife)
It's made of black.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by IceDude(m): 11:14am On Sep 18, 2015
dominique:
I heard Zizi Cardow's dresses are just as expensive. If you see the pricetags on Nigeria's A list designers, you'll almost grasp for air. I can never spend that much on clothing no matter how much I acquire.

So Deola said her father never supported her dreams yet she had a massive showroom in her father's Elizade plaza as far back as late 90s when she started out. People like to add a little jaara to their stories to make it more interesting.
Nor mind Deola jor, i hope CaptainE wont tell us similar story later......Am tired of these celebrities alwayz adding maggi to their stories

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 18, 2015
Typical Yoruba woman. She would rather employ Chinese to his Yoruba sisters even though she's going to pay the Chinese at least twice the average salary. It cannot happen in any Igbo coy. When Igbos make money anywhere in the world, they go back home to pick their brothers and give him a chance to succeed but Yorubas, nah! they hate themselves like plagues even though they won't admit it.

Very funny set of Omo Odua. grin

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Kulas: 11:26am On Sep 18, 2015
Nonsensical nonsense,N700,000 for what,sheer madness!
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Maryalex1805(f): 11:37am On Sep 18, 2015
Maybe the clothe na bullet proof shaa...its good dahs why its meant for the rich

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Paul Okoye 'Rudeboy' Joins #EndSARS Protest In Lagos (Photo) / Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" / Alizee And Her Daughter Murdered By Peter Nielsen, Her Italian Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.