Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,099 members, 7,845,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) (67981 Views)

Nigerian Celebrity Caricature Drawings (Pictures) / OMG... Aisha Buhari's Stylish Cape Dress Costs Over N1.2million (see Photo) / Top 10 Eligible Nigerian Celebrity Bachelors (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Maryalex1805(f): 11:40am On Sep 18, 2015
OriEyeLe:
After buying, if dry cleaner mistakenly burn am nko undecided
Na 2 arrest d dry cleaner o

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by dominique(f): 11:43am On Sep 18, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Maybe she started in the 20s, and his father didn't support her until the 90s.

She hustled, by herself, for 70 years.

Rofl she's in her 40s o. She started out in the 90s and boom! she was already designing for mnet face of Africa. Yep! her influential parents had nothing to do with the rapid success, she hustled all by herself.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Jaquar456: 11:45am On Sep 18, 2015
Truth is:

Deola Sagoe has talent, but her fathers money and influence helped pave the way.
Same with other now famous Nigerian designers like Tiffany Amber, and Jewel by Lisa, etc
Zizi Cardow does not belong in the class of talented Nigerian Designers and lacks imagination which she tries to cover up by outrageous designs. Even at that, her clothes don't command a high price tag. She feeds from hand to mouth, and if not for her oyinbo aristos who maintain her living expenses, she would be out on the street.
Fact is that few Nigerian so called designers can charge anything more than 50k. We have enough roadside tailors to replicate their designs at 5 k.
It's all about hype, like everything else in Nigeria. Not much substance,mostly noise and fake living.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by nobleens(f): 11:57am On Sep 18, 2015
If i wear her 700,000 cloth will i make heaven?
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by agarawu23(m): 12:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
dominique:

I'm telling you, only accidental billionaires can spend so much on clothing. if You work hard for your money, you will never spend so much on a piece of cloth.
no mind them jare,
700k cloth that doesn't differentiate me from other ppl. Cloth wey I know fit wear go heaven .
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Mattex001(m): 12:08pm On Sep 18, 2015
Where is the dress ?! Anyway creativity ti some extent can be considered as invaluable.

Apple"products arguable considered to be the most expensive and sophisticated and brand in the world. This is not entirely subject to the cost of production of their devices but mainly becos of the unique ideas and remarkable techie driven and creativiness of some of its developers and engineers

Big deal ? No

If she thinks her "attire" is worth the price then she let her reach out to the well to do's who has a taste for luxury......
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by agarawu23(m): 12:09pm On Sep 18, 2015
wonlasewonimi:

As if you know dangote's indulgence. There are tailors for the masses and there are tailors for the rich. Taste differs!
I can bet my balls on it that dangote can't buy a single cloth for 700k despite being the richest man in Africa.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by shozillo(m): 12:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
pretydiva:
I love d fact dat oyibo's r working under her cheesy..nor b only us sabi work under dem

lol.they said chinkos nt oyinbo(Europeans)..abi u knw who oyinbos are!
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by bummyla(m): 12:23pm On Sep 18, 2015
hard work pays! keep on going higher girl! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by wonlasewonimi: 12:35pm On Sep 18, 2015
agarawu23:
I can bet my balls on it that dangote can't buy a single cloth for 700k despite being the richest man in Africa.

Guy, you'd soon lose your balls if you keep betting on how the rich spend their money.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 18, 2015
His money, his body, his cloth
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Mbediogu(m): 1:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
mayorjosh:
This woman is Elizade's daughter

They interviewed her on aljazeera

Her clothes are overhyped.its just normal lace and ankara

L8r dem go talk sey pple no dey patronise dem...hw dem go buy wen niggas n baes dey buy bend-down-select #200... grin

Streak of success runs in their genes. Happy
for her.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by allanphash7(m): 1:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
Thanks jawe
Zuris:

Yes. Her husband is Sagoe.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by allanphash7(m): 1:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
Who knows if she can be mine ?
missKiffy:

What is ur own
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by aderonkedeborah(f): 1:14pm On Sep 18, 2015
end tym tinz
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by JSayin(f): 1:36pm On Sep 18, 2015
neweraomo:
Will I wear it on the day of judgement

grin Laugh wan kill me die for dis ya talk! Looool!

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by greggng: 1:55pm On Sep 18, 2015
To be honest with you this guys re making money. I could remenber my first day at mudi . Infact his packaging is cool
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 18, 2015
alaoeri:
The clothe is meant for some class of ppl, so make una keep una opinions.
Thats remind me of Diddy dirty money buying a $1m suit.

The $1m suit Diddy bought is the tuxedo they used in dat Jacki chan movie, tuxedo, it has a watch which you can use in activating air conditioner system, heater, fight tai chi, taekwando etc. 1 million suit is a stupid purchase, dem go write my name in the book of life for that.
The chinese people have started sewing aso oke for us, nawa ooo.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by crisycent: 2:04pm On Sep 18, 2015
This woman that fooled Nigeria police on that useless Al Jazeera documentary. How could the Nigeria police be used as a driver?
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Ilekeh(f): 2:09pm On Sep 18, 2015
huangcheng:
Typical Yoruba woman. She would rather employ Chinese to his Yoruba sisters even though she's going to pay the Chinese at least twice the average salary. It cannot happen in any Igbo coy. When Igbos make money anywhere in the world, they go back home to pick their brothers and give him a chance to succeed but Yorubas, nah! they hate themselves like plagues even though they won't admit it.

Very funny set of Omo Odua. grin

Please what is this jealous Igbos boy saying?
How did you get their salary information? She's based in the UK not in your dirty aba market.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Macdove02(m): 2:47pm On Sep 18, 2015
If you enter her Plaza at Ajose Adeogun...Then you will know a dress shouldnt cost less than that..
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by thexzy(m): 3:00pm On Sep 18, 2015
Only if is made of expensive precious Jewelry as its designing features and also has an insurance backing....then its worth the price.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 18, 2015
databoy247:
Deola Sagoe is a celebrity Nigerian fashion designer. I call her this because she has now become a celebrity icon in Nigerian fashion industry. She started designing in 1998 and received practically no support from her wealthy father. Currently, she now has a thriving fashion designing business called House of Deola Sagoe situated in Lagos with over 20 foreign staff (Chinese) and has won numerous awards including her participation at the just concluded New York Fashion week.

She works with native Nigerian fabrics like “Adire” and “Aso Oke” in designing most of her clothes. She is one of the most influential tailors in Nigeria with extensive client base within and outside Nigeria.

In a recent interview with Al Jazeera, Deola says; “my father told me if i have any idea how much i will make selling cars compared to selling clothes? But if that is what you want to do, then count me out. I will not be involved. So my solo journey began.”

Her father started making money when he got his first job as a Toyota sales man back in 1971. He did a record sale of 40 cars in 4 weeks. 6 years later he took over the Toyota franchise in Nigeria. And since then, he never looked back!He is currently one of the biggest investors in Nigerian Tourism Industry. He wanted her to take work with him and one day take over his business empire but she stubbornly declined.

Now, House of Deola Sagoe is the number one go-to by who is who in Nigeria for clothes designs and Her dresses can cost as much as N700,000 (per one). WOW!

Her father practically told her she was wasting her time doing this business and when she starts winning awards, he became proud of her and recently, he admittedly said he never knew that “this was her calling”.

This has proved that if you have a dream, don’t let anyone stop you. And with proper dedication and hard work, you will excel. For upcoming fashion designers, Deola Sagoe is one icon worth emulating.

http://thenigerian.com.ng/index.php/2015/09/18/meet-the-nigerian-celebrity-tailor-whose-dress-costs-as-much-as-n700000/

Cc: Lalasticlala
Funny her dresses cost this much. Look what she is wearing? So I will buy something like that for 700000 naira?
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by agarawu23(m): 3:30pm On Sep 18, 2015
wonlasewonimi:

Guy, you'd soon lose your balls if you keep betting on how the rich spend their money.
lol

If I lose am make I bend grin
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by AdeniyiA(m): 4:08pm On Sep 18, 2015
ReneeNuttall:
I would rather invest dat 700k on d less previlledged rather dan squander it for a material thing....abi d cloth dey resurrect pson wen don die?

i wonder o, i guess d cloth dey chase away death undecided
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by chineduwright110(m): 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2015
undecided700,000 for wat!!!

Wtf She won wear d dress go ceremony for Heaven??
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by mywells: 5:59pm On Sep 18, 2015
and she should declare her hussle assets.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by mywells: 6:03pm On Sep 18, 2015
700k can marry 10 women from the yorobbers land and there would be change.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Celebrity Tailor Whose Dress Costs As Much As N700,000 (PHOTO) by ebiboy2(m): 10:01pm On Sep 18, 2015
Is she a deeper life member?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adewale Adeleke Kisses Girlfriend As She Graduates From Georgetown University / Paul Okoye 'Rudeboy' Joins #EndSARS Protest In Lagos (Photo) / Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up"

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.